Chapter 30

Daydream

 

Zelo’s P.O.V.

 

The feelings were taking over my entire body; my head spinning, words flying out of my mouth as if they were to be my last. My stomach was turning a somersault, turning everything upside down in an incredible speed, over and over again. An unusual feeling bubbled in me, colouring my cheeks. A feeling I had never really tried… was it rage?

     My body kept struggling against his will, doing whatever he didn’t want it to. It decided to work without my interfering, and therefore it also decided to try getting a hold of his sleeve again, my mouth trying to shout out words to make him understand, but they were being choked from the bundle of feelings that wouldn’t cooperate with the rest of me.

     “Hyung, I…”

     In that exact moment, everything came back as a déjà vu; the leader from the streets, his face turning dead serious before knocking me to the ground.

     In a few seconds, the light was turned off, Bang Yong Guk’s serious face disappearing, before my eyelids as I fell to the ground.

 

A big, soft hand was touching my right hand, another hand shaking my lightly. A little smile appeared on my face. Ah, Yong Gukkie, you came back to me after all…

     “Ya, Jun Hong-ah! Can you hear me?” The voice vibrated painfully in my ears. Gukkie? The voice seemed somewhat unknown, yet familiar. “Up you go~” The hand that tried to shake me now took a hold of my shoulder, pulling my upper body up so I sat. “Are you ok?”

     My eyes remained closed as my right hand squeezed the man’s hand, feeling its way around. “Bang Yong Guk?” My voice was barely even a whisper. More like words fighting to come out without succeeding.

     “It’s me, Jun Hong-ah,” the voice said calmly.

     My eyelids were trying hard to crack open, but even as they did, everything was blurred and dark. I felt a ring of blurred shadows, smudged dots popping up here and there. I recognised them as people. Staring people.

     “Let’s get you home, yeah?” The two hands to a good hold of my shoulder and hand and led me across the floor. The blurred bodies slowly made way and turning their heads as we came closer. The fresh air hit me hard in the face, making me dizzier. The hands tightened their grip, stabilised me and led me home.

     My eyes had finally recalled the real world as more than a blur when the hands stopped leading me.

     “You live here, right?”

     I opened my eyes completely and looked around. This was indeed a familiar place, but it was definitely not my home. I looked up at the building in front of me, realising where I had been led. Yong Guk… My heart sank, tears on the back of my eyes threatening to annoy the little veins, leaving my eyes red, swollen and teary. Only then I realised that it was not Yong Guk who had come back to help me. Why would he anyway?

     “What is it? You’re not going up? No worries, I will follow you!” The hands tried to lead me closer to the apartment, but my feet where resolute. They would not move closer in any way. The body leading me turned around, the face looking puzzled.

     I admired and observed the face of JongUp for a while, noticing every detail on his face. “This i-,” I cleared my throat, ”-is not my home…” I could feel my face become completely expressionless as I looked back at the building. “Please, can we go?” My words became a whisper again.

     “O-okay,” he said confused. I headed the other direction, him supporting my unstable, dangling body without letting go of me at any moment.

 

I struggled to open the gates to the property, and my head started spinning again from the pressure. I almost stumbled when I came through the door in the exact same time as my mother came down the stairs, resulting her flying down them.

     “Honey! What is wrong? Who did this?” She was standing right in my face, touching the laceration on my cheekbone. The pain jerked through me and I couldn’t help but make a grimace.

     “Mom, I…”

     “Is it that man?!”

     “Mom, please.” The feelings inside my body began crawling up inside of me, struggling to come out. The tears were being collected behind my eyes again.

     “ANNYEONGHASEYO!” JongUp quickly squeezed in between us awkwardly as he was trying to bow for my mother, who just looked at me with a confused look on her face. What the hell is he doing, aigoo…

     “Hello… young man, I suppose?” Her voice was sceptical.

     “The year is 1995! I am Moon JongUp, a pleasure to you, ma’am!” He grabbed her hand and shook it loosely and in a childish way as if he was desperate.

     “Only one year older than Jun Hong, I see.” She put on that sweet, caring, motherly smile and dragged him to the living room. He suddenly turned and glared at me, giving me that certain I-am-obviously-giving-you-a-hint-look. I understood it right away and hurried up the stairs to my room, holding on to the banisters tightly.

     I buried my face in the sheets, letting the tears roll down my cheeks. The salty liquid burned on my cheekbone when I tried to wipe them away. It didn’t take long before the door to my room creaked open.

     “Jun Hong-ah?” JongUp’s head popped inside, the rest of his body slowly and awkwardly following through the chink. “Your mother seems to have forgotten why she was worried in the first place,” he shyly giggled before he lied down next to me on his stomach copying my position.

     The silence lingered for a long time between us, JongUp waiting patiently for me to be able to speak.

     “Thank you…” My voice was still low, but no longer a whisper. He just nodded silently and pulled a little smile.

     “… Can I ask who this man is that your mother talked about?” He glanced over at me to see my reaction, but quickly looked out into the air again.

     “It’s just a guy who… He has taken good care of me…” I hoped that this was enough explanation, but of course it wasn’t.

     “He can’t be ‘just a guy’. We might not know each other that much, but I’m not plain stupid, JunHong.” He turned his head to look directly at me, causing my eyes to flicker around to avoid his. “Is it someone you like?” I noticed he was trying to hold back a smile, but it didn’t really work.

     “Of course I do – he is one of my dearest friends! He-” The pictures came rolling in, a movie playing out in front of me. He was walking towards me, his figure standing close to the edge of the bed. My heart stopped. His pink lips lightly touching mine, his hand under my chin. I squeezed my eyes closed from the feeling that I remembered. He straddled me though he knew that I was only sixteen.

     My hand clenched into a fist, that weird feeling of what might be rage bubbling up inside of me again as I realised what had been going on. Could it be more obvious than him using me for his own entertainment? Why would he else keep a hold of a little boy? I bit down on my bottom lip, trying to hold the disappointment and rage back. Oh, I knew he had loved it. I knew fairly well. He had enjoyed playing around with me. He-

     I climbed on top of him, moments later moving on top of him… Wait, what? My hand slid down to the edge of his boxers… willingly. The pictures changed to Bang Yong Guk with that girl from the club, doing the exact same thing as we had – with the girl as my replacement.

     “Hey, man… Hey!” JongUp’s voice jerked me back to reality. “I think I will leave you. You need some rest, yeah?” He smiled caringly at me before awkwardly crawling out of the bed, almost stumbling over his own feet. He looked at me shyly before sneaking out of the door. I let out a deep sigh. That realisation was what I needed, not what I … wanted.

     I went to the bathroom to wash up, then looking at myself in the mirror. “Ya, JunHong. How could you be this stupid, huh?” Pictures of Bang Yong Guk were flying around in my head, making it woozier than it already was. “So what are you going to do, now that you have found out that you … That… You like him?”

     “You love him.” The voice in my head corrected me. My cheekbone hurt, my head hurt, my whole body hurt. And my heart hurt. Like hell. And it made me want to give up for the day.

 

---

As the sun shone through the curtains, I slowly woke up, the first thing I noticed being the two birds; the little one and the tall one, sitting on the outside windowpane once again.

     “You two lovie dovies, go away! I don’t want to look at you anymore. Aish!” I threw a pillow at the window, but they didn't fly away. Instead, they both turned to look right through the window, giving me an evil glare as they chirped wildly. “Ok, FINE! Go ahead and chirp at me.” I swung my arm over to the bed table, grabbed my phone and pushed the 1-button.

     “You have reached the phone of Bang Yong-“ My eyes widened, my body panicking to hang up even though he hadn’t answered. Shoot. I had forgotten that he was now the first one… I then dialled Daehyun’s number. Barely was I done with pushing the buttons before he answered.

     “JUNHONG!” The sound of furniture being kicked away (most likely the sound of him stumbling across them) stopped him from yelling happily for a while, before he continued, “I have something to tell you!” The door on the other end of the line slammed shut. For a long time, the only thing I could he was fast footsteps, some scratching and Daehyun’s breath. “I’ll be… ok… Wait…” Further scratching and his panting breath.

     I felt awkward as I sat there alone with the phone to my ear, so I awkwardly snuck downstairs to get something to eat. The second I placed my foot on the downstairs floor, the door slammed open, Daehyun appearing in it heavily panting for air  with his tongue sticking out of his mouth. He slowly lifted the phone to his ear.

     “I am here!”

     “…I know.”

     He looked at his phone confused, then put it back to his ear before he lifted his head and found me standing in the exact same position right in front of him. The biggest grin broke across his face as he hung up and came towards me. Stupid as I was, I broadened out my arms, ready for a hug, but he walked right pass me.

     “So hungry, man, so hungry!” He opened the fridge as if he was home, looked through it, then turned to the bowls of fruit. An apple was quickly stuffed into his mouth, a banana in his one hand and another apple in the other. He came back to me and stopped the apple in his hand into my mouth as if I was a pig ready to be served. He then took a bite of his apple before holding it. “So! I have some really important – and biiig – news for ya!” He munched happily at the apple while talking. “You see… I haven’t been around that much lately…”

     “So I noticed?”

     He stopped chewing for a little while with a thoughtful grimace on his face, before he swallowed and looked at me. “No comments... But the thing is that uhmm… That you… Well maybe I have found this person that I might, maybe, if you consider it, then prooobably really like, yeah? We have been dating for some time now…”

     I had no idea what to say or do, but of course Daehyun didn’t let me comment anyway.

     “And I would really, really appreciate it, if you could find some time? Just to, you know… A meet-up.” He looked up at me shyly, tracing his foot across the floor a couple of times before stuffing his mouth with the banana to fill in the silence.

     “Wow. Wohoow. My little Daehyunnie found someone? Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!”

     “I am not going to comment on you calling me ‘my little Daehyunnie’, but… Do you have time?”

     “Yeah, of course!” I was startled by the sudden news, but Daehyun looked far too cute to let me think of my own problems. “So when can I meet her?”

     He glanced up at me, suddenly with a confused look on his face. “Him… You can meet him anytime!” His eyes flickered around the room nervously. So he… wait… him? Is he dating a guy, too?

 

Hello~
Are you guys ready for some drama, eh eh? :D Stay tuned! Drama will come soon >:D
A little note: Have you noticed the beautiful background? Yes, that's right! We got both a beautiful background and poster from =MyCreation= (nintyfive) today! Yaaay! *happy dancing*
We will see you guys sooner than you know! :D
P.s. sorry for any mistakes x3
,- Donotfear