Chapter 37

Daydream

 

Daehyuns’s P.O.V.

 

     “Mmpfh…” Himchan moved around a bit, wrenching his nose. I blew warm air into his ear again, enjoying how he moved around still half asleep. “Ya…” His voice sounded more like a deep, lazy roar than actual words. I snuck closer, leaning myself carefully over him, positioning myself to blow air against his face to wake him up. I inhaled deeply and loud, but before I could react in any way, Himchan had woken up completely and threw himself over me, pinning me to the bed. In the first glimpse of his eyes I saw some masculinity, but it quickly changed into this somewhat quiet, shy and confused Himchan.

     “Relax Himchannie,” I complained cutely.

     “I’m sorry,” he muttered. Every time he said that, I knew that I would always think of the awkward and cute moment in Bang Yong Guk’s bathroom right before he kissed me. Our first kiss. Our very first kiss. The thought of it made a goofy smile spread across my face and woke up the butterflies in my stomach, causing them to flutter around and tickle.  He looked at me even more confused. “Ya… Y-ya! What is it?”

     “Just nothing,” I giggled uncontrollably like a little girl, realising that in this relationship, none of us were actually that masculine. At least not as masculine as the hardcore types in the movies. I kissed the tip of Himchans nose to wash away the disbelieving look on his face. He blinked a few times from the sudden kiss before moving away from me.

     “Not only did you wake me up, but now you don’t even wanna talk to me, huh?” He pouted and rolled off the bed, actually just making him seem more girly than he was. I followed after him but stayed on the bed, lying across the bed and planking on my stomach and my arms resting on each one of my sides.

     “But you were sleeping for too long!”

     “Was not!” he exclaimed, putting on a cardigan.

     “Was so!” I pouted with my face almost buried in the sheets. A sudden smile broke across his face, developing into a little smirk as he came closer to me. He grabbed the duvet. “Who cares baby? I think I wanna marry yooou!” he buzzed, pulling the covers over me.

     “Your voice is too deep for that song, Channie.”

     “What? You don’t think it’s romantic?” I pulled the cover over my head like a hat and shook my head.

     “It’s my first time sleeping here. You shouldn’t be considering marrying me yet.” I couldn’t help but giggle at the thought, causing his eyes to flicker around the room, nervously stuttering.

     “I-I… I nev-… O-ok… So the next time you sleep here, I’m allowed to consider it?”

     “I have to think about that one,” I giggled. “If you feed me, then I’m sure I will give you a big ‘yes’!”

     “I-I’m not sure I can do that. I don’t think I have anything I could serve to you.” He scratched the back of his head. “… Not anything eatable at least.” Unwillingly, his last words tricked something inside me that I wasn’t used to. I sat up and reached out for him, lightly pulling him closer to me. “But I hope,” he leaned in close to me, our faces only half an inch from each other, “that this will do for now.” He pressed his lips gently against mine, making my butterflies flicker desperately around, invading my veins and making them itch.

     He knelt down on the edge of the bed, lightly removing the duvet from my head and caressed my hair, slowly pulling away and then gently kissing me again. “Daehyun-ah, I need you to understand something, but I don’t know how to say it properly…”

     “H-hm-chan.” I muffled into the kiss, startled by his sudden deepening of the kiss.

     “Hm?” He pulled away to look at me.

     “I uhmm.. I’m not sure I understand what you’re trying to say,” I pouted. One of the things I loved about Himchan was that he never sighed irritated at me and then walked away. For now, he had always given me time to put the puzzle pieces together that he had given me. As I realised what he was trying to tell me with the kiss, I felt the heat crawling up, settling in my cheeks by his stare into my eyes. Squeaking out a goofy laughter, I leaned towards him to kiss him before he could watch my cheeks turning Barbie pink from blushing.

 

 

The loud roar, bingling and bangling scared the living out of me, the food flying out of my hands and around in my kitchen as I waved them around while screaming shortly and girly, not being able to find out where the sound came from. A thump, and my phone unveiled itself as it vibrated to the floor, playing out something that sounded like heavy metal.

     “Aish, Himchannie! Why would you do that to me, huh?” I ran to the phone and answered it doubtfully when I saw JunHong’s name. He only calls me when it’s absolutely necessary… Although he didn’t look that happy at school today. “Your other half at your service!” I exclaimed happily into the phone, hoping for him to cheer up a bit.

     “And you call me slow? Look, I need your help. As I know you’ve noticed I haven’t been myself lately…” The first ten minutes he tried to explain me what had happened back home between his sister, his mother, himself and Bang Yong Guk, but I couldn’t make head or tail in it. Only as he finished-

     “He promised to call me, but he hasn’t.” – I understood the main points of it.

     “Daehyun, could you just please meet up with JongUp at the studio and tell him that I won’t be there to practice today? I really can’t… My head’s a mess”

     “S-sure, ok. I’ll go there right away. You sure you’re ok?” I knew he was shrugging, letting it pass.

     “Thank you… my little Daehyunnie~” A short giggle appeared right before he hung up, leaving me to safe my food and visit JongUp… As if I had ever been at the studio… It didn’t take me long to find it though. JongUp was standing outside the building, walking around himself with a goofy smile on his face while looking at his phone. That smile… does not belong to JongUp. Sure, he always smiled, but I had never seen that kind of smile on his face. To solve the mystery, I decided to sneak up behind him. Tiptoeing close to him, I could stand on my toes and look over his one shoulder.

     “Your girlfriend, eh eh?” JongUp immediately jumped, flying around to try to catch the phone that flew out of his hands from the shock – but lucky me, I caught the phone and had a chance to look at before he snatched it out of my hands. “YoungJ…something. Is that her name?”

     “NO!” he exclaimed. “I-I mean… no.”

     “Then why that smile, hm?” I obviously enjoyed teasing him – he had teased me so much with Himchan anyway.

     “I-I always smile, y-you know that!”

     “But yo-“

     “So you and Himchan, huh?! It’s going well, yeah?” He nudged my arm.

     “Well, yeah. But we were talking about your gir-“

     “IS THAT FOOD?” JongUp nervously reached out for my little lunch pack (yop, I had to bring some food, you know), stealing an apple right away. My eyes widened.

     “Y-ya! Stop eating my food!”

     “Munch, munch, munch,” he teased while chewing happily on the apple.

     “If you give me back the rest of the apple, I will tell you something about Himchan and I!!” He stopped chewing and stepped closer to me, literally leaning up against me, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

     “Here. I’m listening.” Ok. Time to make up something good… “So? I’m gonna steal the apple back, you know.”

     “We kissed!” I quickly exclaimed, causing his eyes to widen.

     “You think you can get you apple just by that information?” he snorted.

     “In Bang Yong Guk’s bathroom!” I could’ve sworn his eyes could’ve fallen out anytime now.

     “Ok, you can have the apple then. You win.” I clasped my hands together and kissed his cheek (obviously forgetting that I shouldn’t be that… loveable around everyone), before I started munching the apple in victory. I didn’t even have to tell him that I had slept at his place… Or what he had told me this morning…

 

 

Waah, I'm not completely satisfied with this chapter, but eh... I hope you enjoyed it anyway :3 
I will be very busy with school the next few weeks, but I will do my best to make good updates anyway~
,- Donotfear