Chapter 7

Daydream

 

ZELO’s POV

 

 

     ”Ya! Guess what?” no answer. All I could hear was Daehyun singing the rest of his ringtone. There was a long silence from me, waiting. I was used to it. He wouldn’t stop his singing no matter how much I tried to talk to him.

     “Saaaaraaanghaaaae~,” he finished with a childish voice. “What’s up?” I could tell that he was smiling from the way he talked.

     “Look, I met this g-“ Daehyun cut me off.

     “Gay guy?” He quickly interrupted.

     “No. It’s a-”

     “Goat, then?!” I face palmed myself. How could anyone be that stupid? It’s not like there were goats running wild in this neighbourhood... My mind trailed off, imagining the neighbourhood with goats in the streets, in the garages, on the rooftops... “Ya! Did you meet a goat?” his voice sounded full of expectation and hope.

     “No. NO! Stop interrupting me, aish! I met a guy!”

     “Me, too!” ... Deep silence, both of us realising what we had just said.

     “W-wait, w-what??” both of us stuttered at the same time. “You go first! No, YOU go first! Aish, you sound like a girl. You, too!” we now yelled into the phone at the exact same time. Taking turns, we sighed deeply. After a long time of silence and waiting for the other one to talk, I finally broke the silence to Dayhyun’s amusement.

     “Ok, so short version of a longer story: This guy rescued me last night, so to say. But-eh...”

     “... Yeeeah??” Daehyun asked impatiently.

     “... He ran off.”

     “Uh! Did you run after him like in the dramas?! I mean. I would’ve!”

     “Daehyun-ah, you’re such a girl. Of course I didn’t! I didn’t notice before it was too late.”

     “Me, a girl? No comment. But hey, you should totally seek him out! I WILL find that address! I’ll get right back to you!”

All of a sudden, Daehyun hung up. I wasn’t sure whether this was a bad or a brilliant idea, but I was sure that Daehyun would actually find that address - and it wouldn’t take him long.

 

As expected, Daehyun had called me back shortly after he had hung up, and I now found myself lurking around with a walkie-talkie in my hand, hiding behind every bush, wall, tree or car I saw on my way to my saviour’s apartment. I wasn’t stalking him for fun, I might add, I just wanted to thank him... Really! I mean. I’m not that much of a creeper. I don’t usually do stuff like this, but uhm... This time it was definitely different!

After running around like a crazy to find the right apartment, I decided to settle down and make a little camp behind a hedge. It was just the right spot to spy on Bang Yong Guk from – and that’s what I did. I was way too scared to just walk over there and knock on his door. I mean... He would probably just knock me down or throw a frying pan after me. No! He wouldn’t do that! Come on. He’s not that tough of a guy. He just knocked a little fella down. It’s no biggie. Just do it! Fighting~!

I clenched my fist and quickly got on my feet before I could change my mind. As I got there, I raised my hand to knock on the door and took a deep breath. I stood there with a lifted hand, holding my breath for a really long time, almost choking from it, before I finally realised that I was paralysed from fear. I took to my heels and ran as fast as I could and hid myself behind the hedge once again. I reached for my scratching walkie-talkie.

     “Calling The Planker, calling The Planker, over!” In just a few seconds, I could hear Daehyun’s voice scratching back at me.

     “Are you in? Over,” he asked as if I was a professional robber on my way inside a building with a room full of diamonds. I slowly looked up from behind the hedge to see if I could see him in the window.

      “... No... Look, I’m scared, ok? You have no idea how frightening he can look!” I was totally fixated on Bang Yong Guk’s window. “But I- UH!” Suddenly I could see him walking around somewhere near the window. “He’s in there! I can see him! I-“

     “YA! What do you think you’re doing?!” Before I had the chance to take a step backwards, a hand grabbed the collar of my shirt. “Are you spying on him? Are you?!” I dangled around while the stranger was pulling at me. “Get over here!” He literally dragged me over the hedge, and I dropped the walkie-talkie. As the stranger dragged me towards Bang Yong Guk’s apartment, I could hear Daehyun’s voice calling for me in the distant. I couldn’t help but imagine that I was in a drama, calling for my love, and then imagine the camera zooming out as we’d both scream “nooooo~”.

In a smack I was back to the real world. And yes, literally a smack. The stranger hammered me up against the door to the apartment as he opened it. I panicked and twisted my whole body in ways not possible to escape his grip. My body froze by the sound of Bang Yong Guk’s voice.

     “Ayo, whas-,“ he stopped and stared at me. “Dude, why did you bring that kid up here?” His voice was firm.

     “He was ing spying on you! ... Wait... You know him?”

     “Let him go.” The stranger gave me a deathly glare before he let go of me. I quickly bowed so deep that I almost hit the floor.

      “I-it’s not what you think. I-I-I just wanted to thank you.” I looked straight into the floor as I stuttered the words like a coward.

He rolled his eyes. “Just don’t touch anything,” he finally said, basically inviting me in. I ran away as fast as I could and ended up in the kitchen before he could say anything.

     “You’re just going to let him in like that?!”

     “Himchan, don’t worry. He’ll be out soon.”

– So the stranger’s name was Himchan. I listened to their steps disappearing into another room. My eyes widened as I studied every single thing in the kitchen, making sure that I would remember every single detail. I was searching the whole place, sniffing around like a police dog, but I surely didn’t touch anything. I was way too scared to do that.

I made my way into the room in which Bang Yong Guk and Himchan were sitting. I glanced at Himchan and noticed him observing me, but my mind wandered off quickly, and I continued my searching. Bang Yong Guk was telling something, maybe a story, what would I know? His voice was mumbling sounds in my ears, my focus only set on all of his stuff.

I went out in some sort of hallway and noticed a closed door. Uuuh, there must be something cool and precious in there! I quickly squeezed my body inside. Right there, in front of my eyes, I found the coolest and biggest and most soft-looking bed I had ever seen. My eyes turned even wider, and I jumped like a kangaroo just to land right in the middle of the soft bed. My body bounced a bit on top of all the pillows.

I rolled about and threw the pillows all around me. I dug my nose into the soft sheets, and I found... They smelled good. Like ramen. Like a cologne with a scent of ramen. I sniffed even harder without thinking about how disgusting it actually was. I sensed a girly smell, too. Sweet perfume tickled my nose. I hugged the pillows and rolled up in the sheets. Soon, I dozed off...

 

 

Sorry for updating so late! I’m truly, truly sorry! I’m preparing for a visit from a Spanish exchange student right at the time >__>
But yay! My Daehyun-ah is back! :D Please look forward to the next chapter from Bang Yong Guk’s POV. I’m pretty sure it will be funny :3