Chapter 12

Daydream

 

Himchan’s P.O.V.

    

     ”Excuse me, sir?”

     “Hm?” I looked at the female nurse, immediately being hit by a cough-attack, almost throwing up my insides – while glancing at her fine body in that tight white coat (and by fine, I mean fine. Over-the-top fine, better than great, greater than amazing. Freakin’ arousing). I frowned in frustration, my head (and other stuff) on the edge of exploding.

     And here we go! The attention of Kim Himchan will go to…   

     Option number 1: Hot, y nurse.

     Option number 2: Best friend, Bang Yong Guk.

     Option number 3: Kim Himchan’s own body – the growling stomach and the bursting bladder.

     Option number 4: That brat sitting beside Yong Guk’s bed.

     Option number 5: The boy over there in the corner.

     “Sir?”

     “Yes!” I yelled, being jerked back to reality. The woman looked at me, raising an eyebrow. Oh damn, even her face is hot. She broke into a wide smile, her eyes looking down at her feet. I frowned, a little confused by her suddenly shy act. She bit her lip, her hands behind her back as she began tracing the tip of her shoe around in a small circle on the floor in front of her. I bet she’s limper as hell.

     “Have I seen you before?” She asked, glancing up at me, a flirty look on her face.

     I cleared my throat, getting in my comfortable position as I put on the face of pure iness. “I don’t know, have you? I don’t come here that often,” I said, warming up – until my own spoken words hit me, and I remembered why I was there in the first place. The face came off quickly and I ignored her flirty giggling.

     I exhaled, pissed. “Sorry, I can’t talk right now,” I said and bit down on my lip – hard, the taste of blood making me even more frustrated and mad. I am turning down the hottest piece of around here because of you, man. What is wrong with me?

     “Oh. Okay,” she said, looking a little confused as I smile crookedly, walking past her. “Call me?” She asked, but I kept my back turned against her, cursing at myself, turning the doorknob before entering the quiet, stomach-turning room.

     He was lying in that stupid bed, sleeping like some freakin’ baby, his face more bruised and screwed up than ever. No fight could even compare with this. Sure, we’d broken a few bones or complained about soar and multi-colored muscles before, but this was ing serious. He’d almost died. My best friend. It made me angry thinking about it and seeing him in that bed – I couldn’t imagine my life without that jerk. He looked like a freakin’ vegetable, lying there with his eyes closed, a tube down his throat. Ya. Wake up. You’re scaring me. He was giving me a headache, his beating heart making the machines beep and lit up. I hated these sort of places, making my head hurt – so many sounds, so much white, clean stuff and so many hot nurses to turn down.

     I groaned, spotting him beside his bed, touching him. Hell, Yong Guk, who is this brat? You care about him or can I punch him down? I seriously felt like beating the hell out of that guy… No, wait. Damn it! I cursed in my head, frowning. I couldn’t punch a boy – he wasn’t a guy, just a little, fragile boy. No, wait. Son of a– I clenched my fists, groaning again. He wasn’t little at all – he was tall, so freakin’ tall! That 10 year-old boy could scare the crap out of me, standing on his toes, staring me down while holding on the collar of my shirt. When he’d behaved like that, he’d kinda reminded me of Yong Guk – which had left me stunned. I snorted, taking my eyes off the blonde baby.

     I gasped a little, seeing his face again. He was leaned up against the wall, watching the baby and Yong Guk, his face so freakin’… Pretty. I gulped, staring at his pretty face, my hands shaking, my back sweating, nervous as hell. Did he know? Did he recognize me? Well, he’d said how he thought he’d seen me before – which had almost made me crap my pants. I guess I hadn’t been careful enough. 

     I cleared my throat, looking down at the floor. He’d been looking straight at me, punching the air right out my stomach, leaving me breathless. He’d touched me, actually noticing my existence. I’d never thought that day would come…

     “Hong-ah,” he said, making me flinch. He walked closer towards the baby, putting his hand on his shoulder. I blinked a few times, stunned. No, no, it’s all wrong. It’s Himchan. Himchannie.

     “I’m gonna leave for a short while, okay? I’ll be back with supplies,” he said. I stared at him as he crookedly smiled, trying to cheer the blonde hairball up a little. “Want me to bring soda?” He asked, but the baby didn’t answer – just kept his eyes on my friend, and I frowned. What the hell was the deal with those two? No, wait. With him. Yong Guk, my man, there was no way he liked that boy. He was too hardcore for that. We were too hardcore to like those boys.

     I quickly stepped aside, when I noticed the pretty faced sighing and walking towards the door beside me. My eyes found the floor and I cleared my throat, trying to look cool when he passed me, leaving the room. I don’t even know your name. Still, I’m seeing you everywhere, finding myself standing in front of the store where you shop, waiting around the corner, knowing exactly when you’re gonna walk by. I’m going crazy – thinking about you all the time, nonstop.

     “You…” I heard myself say, my eyes widening. Why was I talking? I looked up, staring at the baby. Maybe, I was in luck – he didn’t seem to listen or even notice me being there. Still, my mouth continued, my legs taking me closer to the bed. “You can go home. Don’t worry, I’ll stay.” I felt like asking him about the pretty faced, but my mouth stayed shut, my eyes looking at the boy. What’s his name? How old is he? How do you know him? What’s he like? Is he… Is he seeing anybody?

     The baby slowly shook his head, not looking at me. He kept quiet, slowly moving his fingers across the back of Yong Guk’s hand, gently caressing it. It made me frown, exhaling. Seriously, cut it out. 

 

 

Daehyun’s P.O.V

 

Emptiness... That would probably be the perfect word to describe the feeling inside me right now. My fun and quirky side disappeared as fast as this had happen. It was somehow heart wrecking to see my best buddy in that state; just sitting still, not really caring about what happened around him. I tried to get in contact with him by calling his name, but he was living in his own little world in his own little bubble. At last I decided to walk over to him.

     “I’m gonna leave for a short while, okay? I’ll be back with supplies,” I said with a normal, yet somewhat soft voice to try to cheer him up, but nothing seemed to help. “Want me to bring soda?” He never really gave me an answer, but I decided to try anyway. He did, after all, really love soda!

     On my way out, I couldn’t help but look at the guy I thought I had seen. There’s something weird about him. Something… Attracting… No, no! No that can’t be it, stop it, Daehyun! That’s definitely not it, no. I hurried a bit as I passed him and walked out the door. No, no, no, no! I knocked my hand on the side of my head. Pabo!

 

     So there I was; sharing the waiting room with the awkward silence that echoed between the white walls. And of course I also shared it with Himchan, the guy who Jun Hong always referred to as “the evil guy”. Whenever he looked in all other directions, I’d sneak a peek out of the corner of my eye. I’m not gonna lie. He was quite handsome with his perfect dark hair, and his cheekbones were to die for. Buuut, yeah, I think that’s about it.

     As time went by and I had memorised all of his profile features, I finally came to the conclusion that I must’ve seen him before. I found myself staring him down at one point, but without any further results – I had no idea where I had seen him. I shrugged my shoulders and tried to break the silence with an awkward cough, but I guess it didn’t do much good.

     I squeaked in my chair and once again broke the awkward silence... But nothing helped. Gradually, the embarrassment overwhelmed me. Why did that pabo leave me here with this guy, seriously?! I don’t wanna do this anymore~, my head sang in the most high-pitched Rihanna-voice it could think of, but luckily, the song came no further out.

     “Daehyun-aaah, Daehyun-aaah,” the sodas for Jun Hong rotted underneath my chair because of the missing love and attention they needed, and the chocolate biscuits called out my name. Shush! Keep quiet! “But Daehyun-ah, we want to be loved by you!” Seriously, stop talking. It’s embarrassing! What wouldn’t the guy say if he saw me eat you? He’d think that I’m fat! Wait... Why are you even having a conversation with the biscuits in your own head? Aigoo. This is really weird. This is not me! ... I think. Well yes, I’ve had conver- seriously stop it!

      I let out a distinct sigh and turned my head to the guy again, staring him down obviously. Ok. Let’s solve this puzzle. We have three persons: The evil master, the evil saviour and my bromance, Jun Hong. So apparently the two evil guys are buddies. That makes sense. Jun Hong was saved by the evil saviour who’s lying in the hospital bed... Ok. So where does this little bromance-ish thing come into the picture?

     I moved my lips, miming what I was saying to myself, making little hand gestures once in a while to keep track of my conclusions. I frowned as all the machinery in my head began were spinning but were suddenly stopped by one. Little. Stone.

     Why would Jun Hong even worry that much about this guy anyway? Aish, this wasn’t what I had planned – at all. I didn’t want to spend several nights in a hospital, waiting for Jun Hong to get back to his senses. I wanted him to get his bum out of that room so we could go home and do some gaming! ... And so I wasn’t compelled to be with this mysterious Himchan – alone.

     Besides, Jun Hong was scared of Bang Yong Guk, wasn’t he? I mean. From his nightmare he sounded pretty scary. What was it that he said? Something... Something about... My eyes widened as I remembered the ending of his nightmare. THEY ARE IN A RELATIONSHIP?! No, no. No, that can’t be it. “What would his mother say? What will become of me? What will... Aigoo.” I sighed and shrunk in the chair. At this point, I had completely forgotten about Himchan in the corner. What was on my mind was Bang Yong Guk and Jun Hong flying around between the pink and fluffy clouds surrounded by hearts – of course with me being at the bottom of the picture, trying to catch Jun Hong’s leg and pull him down to the earth again.

 

 

Hey! Sorry for the delay, we’ve been kinda busy lately OTL
But here’s the update, yaaay! :D As Donotfear pointed out last update, this is quite different and was really tricky to write! Even so, we hope you liked it :D We’re officially launching the Himdae couple in this fanfic, therefore more chapters like this will occur – Donotfear writing as Daehyun, Ayo as Himchan~

And about that Yong Guk fella… You’ll think he’ll wake up anytime soon? Well… Next update will be in 2 days >:D *evil laughter*