Chapter 17

Daydream

 

Zelo’s P.O.V

 

My mind waved goodbye and slowly trailed off; my machine shut down as his lips touched mine. The feeling of his lips was somehow familiar. Had he kissed me before? I didn’t know. But the feeling that followed by looking into his dark brown eyes afterwards was loveably relaxing.

     His startled face made me cramp together in a shy giggle as I desperately tried to cover my face from embarrassment.

     “Y-ya! …” He frowned and looked angrily at me. I hurried to the top of the bed, convinced that he’d kick me out now and never ever look at nor talk to me, not even let me in his house. My only hiding place was underneath a pillow, so I gave it a shot and crawled under it.

     “Please don’t kick me out, hyung,” I mumbled under my covers with my smallest voice and tried to make it a bit cute, but the begging part of the voice definitely took over and dominated.

     I waited for a long time but still couldn’t hear any noises of him reacting to my plea. Suddenly, the pillow under which I lay was slowly lifted and pushed aside. I was too scared to look up until a hand ruffled my curls.

     “Don’t worry,” a gentle voice said above me. As I looked up, a wide grin met my eyes before he turned his back at me and walked out of the room. He turned off the light, but didn’t close the door, so a little ray of brightened the room a little.

     The sound of his steps went to the living room. The sound stopped and a little “thump” from the couch followed.

     “Why does he always sleep on the couch?” I pouted for myself.

     I was wide awake as I listened carefully to see if he would come back, but he never did. He only left with a ray of light… - and the warmth of his lips on mine. I couldn’t help but smile at the thought of the incident.

     I dozed off in a whirlwind of his scent from the sheets; the last thing going through my mind repeatedly was the kissing incident.

     “… Like a father…” A satisfied and easy smile spread tiredly across my face.

 

The sunbeams shone through the curtains and heated up my that stuck up in the air out into the room; the window letting in the little bird chirps. I moved about in layers and layers of bed sheets and woke up with my head buried in some kind of fort build by pillows around my head. This heavenly big and soft bed never failed to amaze and please me.

       I sat up on my knees to stretch my “little” body when a lightning suddenly struck out of the blue and spread thundery sounds across the sky; the open window increasing the sound. I jumped from fear and crawled under the covers again. My bum sticking up in the air, shaking. I made my way to the edge of the bed and crawled down on the floor, before my shaking body made its way to the hallway and dragged the covers along with me.

     “Hyung? Hyu-uung?” I crawled to the living room, but he wasn’t there. I then aimed for the kitchen. Maybe he was making breakfast for me again, yeah?

     “Hyu-u-ung… Hyung I’m scared!” Now sitting in the door to the kitchen, I popped my head out from my little blanket shell and took a look around. He was still nowhere to be seen. I got on my feet and slowly walked in the kitchen as I kept an eye on the sky through the window. No further lightning had struck.

     I sniffed around looking for something to eat when I found a cute little note on the fridge. Judging from the handwriting, it must be from him, yay! Not that I had seen his handwriting before – not I remembered, that is. But it looked like something he could write.

     “’Off to the club – new gig. Look in the fridge~’… Well he sure is brief in both his talk and his writing… Oh never mind! Food~!”

     I wasn’t quite sure what I was allowed to eat, so I just took whatever I found delicious of the left-overs from Lord knows which day. Cowled, I walked around his apartment while
eating. Why not sniff about when he wasn’t home? As long as he doesn’t catch me sneaking around. Aigoo, he’d be so mad… Naah, today I’m wearing the coat of invisibility!”

     Still munching on the food, I tiptoed around and looked through a couple of his drawers – in the living room, that is! In there I found pictures of something that could be his family… If he had such thing. I kept looking and suddenly found a picture of Bang Yong Guk with two other guys; one of them was probably a younger version of Himchan, high school days, and the other one… I remembered I had seen him once a long time ago but couldn’t recall his name in any way. I ran through his CDs and put one of them on the stereo before I continued my searching through his pictures finding some of them rather funny.

     “YA! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

     His voice scared the living out of me. I quickly put back most of the pictures in the drawer, but I didn’t get to put the last picture, the picture of him with Himchan and the other guy, back in the drawer, before he took a hold of my arm and violently turned me around, causing me to stumble over my own feet and fall into his chest.

     “YA!” He urgently pushed me away hard and took a hold of my collar whereupon he held me up against the wall. I shut my eyes and huddled, scared of what he would –or could- do to me. Luckily, someone came in at that exact moment.

     “Annyeong!” The male voice was followed by a louder voice. A voice so familiar.

     Bang Yong Guk dashed out of the living room to great the guests even though he didn’t sound that pleased with the visitors. At least he would be distracted from me for a while. I folded the picture and put it in my pocket before moving closer to the door frame to listen to their conversation.

     My mind wandering off, I stopped listening to the conversation and started looking around in the room. My eyes stopped at a couple of my socks spread across the floor. Should I remove them before the guests saw them? Nah, I couldn’t sneak off with them anyway, so I just let them be. Looking around in the middle of the doorway, still half covered half dragging the blanket, I slowly went into my own little world again.

     My bubble burst right when someone bumped into me. I turned around and hurried bowing deep in apology.

     “Ya!” A loud voice yelled.

     I looked up immediately to look up at the guy, whose voice I had heard earlier, before my eyes met no other than… my sister. I suddenly recalled the loud voice. My body froze by the realisation, but I had nowhere to run; both the man and my sister standing in my way. Behind my sister came now Yong Guk with that displeased look on his face, slightly hostile. My eyes flickered between the three of them still without having realised who the man was.

     “What are you doing here? You shouldn’t-“ Her eyes suddenly stared me down from top to toe before her loud voice continued, “YOU HAVE SLEPT HERE? All these days?! Nam-dongsaeng, answer me!”

     I couldn’t answer her. I was speechless, somehow ashamed.

     “You’ve been lying to the whole family? Nono, even worse: You made your best friend lie to our family for your own sake!”

     Suddenly, Bang Yong Guk’s voice mixed in, “mueos? Wait. You guys know each other? Nam-dongs-... Younger brother?” His voice sounded angry and strict, yet wondering at the same time. I wonder how his face looked. I could feel the ice coming from him, but his eyes burning me up with an evil glare.

     “Let’s not-“ the other man began but was interrupted by my sister.

     “Shut up, yobo! Stay out of this!”

     Yobo? Honey? Wait... what? I finally put myself to look up and look carefully at the man. I knew I had seen him. I was completely sure of it. I suddenly remembered the picture of Bang Yong Guk and Himchan... and this guy. Wait, so the man is Yong Gukkies friend somehow... But he is married to- HE’S THE HUSBAND!

     Realisation on realisation made us all stand completely still without other words being exchanged; the creepy and scary silence, which I knew too well by now, lingered in the air between us like a big black cloud lingering over a city, warning about a coming storm.

     I knew that the storm hadn’t passed yet, and there was a lot more to come – at least from my sister, but probably also from Yong Guk.

 

 

(Extremely) long time no see! :D Feel the drama coming up, eheh? Noticed my symbol? Hinthint: the lightning? >:D No? Okay T__T
I haven’t been that happy about my chapters lately, but I hope you liked them at least. Please tell me if there’s something I can do better! I want to make as many of you as satisfied and pleased as possible~ :3
See you in a couple of chappies – another story continuing~ >:]

,- Donotfear