Chapter 27

Daydream

 

Zelo’s P.O.V.

 

So I hadn’t been home for a few days and it was about time I visited home for once. (Well… in principle I was still grounded, but… yeah). Besides, it wasn’t my mother’s fault any of this - she has always been so understandable. Where my sister got her ugly personality from, I had no idea.

     I almost felt as if I was a stranger in my own house with its polished, square, black and white furniture, the scent of no existence filling the room. I can’t believe I’ve actually been used to this before… I frowned and looked around for my mother.

     “Mom?” The question echoed as I searched the ground floor.

     “Excuse me, but you shouldn’t be here.” I turned around to face our very own butler.

     “Excuse me, but I live here.” He seemed rather surprised by the cold tone I answered him back with. “I’m looking for my mother?”

     He stared down the floor, ashamed. “In the office,” he said, bowed deeply and quickly walked out of the door.

     “Of course she’s in the office.” Why do we even own this big property when she only lives in that room anyway? I shook my head, shaking off the bitterness that was suddenly over me and went to the office.

     Standing outside the door, I could hear her firm voice talking on the phone with god knows which rich family member or businessman. It was funny how her voice could change from being the voice of a business man’s wife to being the voice of a caring mother.

     I slowly opened the door and snuck in without making any kinds of noises that could interrupt her – but it didn’t work. She immediately spun around in the chair and faced me.

     “I will have to call you back, sir. I have some important business to do.” She hung up and flew out of the chair and walked towards me with her arms wide open. “Jun Hong, my little boy.” She hugged me tightly, stood on her toes and kissed my hair, my cheeks, my nose.

     “Mom… MOM! It’s not like I have been to war for years. Stop kissing me that much.” I lowered my head even though it didn’t help. It only made it easier for her to reach my face.

     “Jun Hong-ah, where have you been?” She clasped my face between her hands and looked at me with a worried expression on her face. Even though I felt like lying to her, I couldn’t. Her honey sweet voice, her big mild eyes…

     “I have been at Bang Yong Guk’s…” I gulped, scared of her reaction.

     “That sir your sister told me about? Again? I thought we agreed on you two not seeing each other again!” Her tone was still caring, but I could hear that she was a bit disappointed in me.

     “We never agreed on anything – you grounded me because of my sister’s accusations on him.” She removed her hands and stared blankly at me. “Mom, he really isn’t that bad. You should know you daughter good enough by now to know that she overreacts. He-“

     “Do not accuse your sister of anything!”

     I sighed and continued, “he hasn’t done anything, really.”

     “This has gone out of control Jun Hong. I cannot put up with this.” She turned her back on me and returned to her desk with a strict look on her face, her eyes still full of disappointment.

     “Mom. Don’t put up that business face. Not now. I am trying to tell you something that is important to me.”

     “Sure… I am sorry, honey. Please continue.”

     “I really enjoy his company, and-“

     “Is it something serious?”

     “I… I’m not sure what you mean. Well yes, of course! If Daehyun is my other half, then Bang Yong Guk would be my best friend.” My mother sighed and looked down at her documents.

     “I do not approve of you being in love with guys.” She mumbled her last words, making me unable to understand what she was saying.

     “… What?”

     She slowly lifted her head to look at me. “But Jun Hong. He is so much older than you. Can you not see where this is going?”

     I slowly shook my head. “No mom, I can’t see the problem in this at all. It’s not like he’s doing inappropriate things, you know…”

     “The age difference will get to you. Now please leave, I have to call someone back.”

     With those words I had to leave my not-really-approving-mom.

 

 

 

Bang Yong Guk’s P.O.V.

 

     ”Hyung, I’m calling, I’m calling~” Junhong’s voice echoed throughout the apartment, a smile forming on my lips. I put down what I had in my hands, walking to the bedroom where I’d left my cellphone.

     “I’m coming, I’m coming,” I chuckled, finding my vibrating phone on the floor by the bed. Watching his happy face on the display made the smile linger, as I dumped down on the floor beside it, finally picking up. “Ya, what’s wrong, Hong-ah?” I laughed, running a hand through my hair.

     “Bang Yong Guk?” 

     I blinked a few times, not recognizing the voice. “Y-yes?” I was sure that it’d been Junhong calling – he’d recorded the ringtone himself and taken the picture himself, telling me to run whenever I heard him calling. But, who was this? It sounded like a woman. “Who is this?”

     “I have been talking to Junhong and I have made a decision…” The woman said as I got up from the floor, staring into the empty air.

     “I’m sorry, who are you?”

     “I have no other choice but to ask you to keep your distance to Junhong,” she continued and I squeezed my dyes closed, already annoyed and tired of her voice. Why can’t you just answer me, woman? “Do you understand?”

     “I’d like to know who you are, ma’am,” I politely said, kicking a pillow on the floor. “What’s Junhong to you?”

     “I am his mother.”

     “Huh?” I reached out for the doorframe, keeping myself off the floor. Junhong’s m-mother? The blonde hair with a body sticking onto it… It must be her. W-what does she… Keep my distance? But–

     “Therefore I believe I have got the greater power in this,” she said making me frown.

     “Power?”  

     She exhaled. “Listen, just stay away from Junhong and nothing unnecessary will occur, understand?”

     I got down on the floor again, my back against the doorframe. “What do you mean? What if I choose not to?”

     “I am going to have to send him away.”

     “Away…?”

     “Listen, I know both of us do not want that to happen, so if you just follow my orders, we will both walk out of this with benefits, yes?”

     “You’re telling me to let him go. How can there be any benefits in my favor?”

     “I only want the best for my son. And to be honest, I do not think you are. Considering the fact that you are six years older than him, I see no other point for you to spend your time with him, unless you are just using him. You must understand that I cannot let my son be used by such a heartless man, so–“

     “I’m not using him. I… I love him,” I gulped, chills running down my back as we both went silent.

     “I bet you have got plenty of excuses – still, I am forced to ask you to let him be. Junhong’s got a life here, I am aware that he will have a hard time at a boarding school, after all he is my son, I know him better than anyone, nevertheless, this is a decision I have made… You have got to respect that.”

     “But, I…”

     “It is for his own good.”

     His own good… I just want him to be happy, that’s all. “If I agree to this…?”

     “I will be proud of you. If what you are saying really is true, I understand that letting go will be hard. But, you have got to understand that Junhong does not feel that way about you. Molesting him has only caused him pain, and–“

     “Molested? I’ve never done anything like that! I would never–“

     “Whatever you have done to him, I cannot approve of it… Junhong does not love you. He is still a child – he is confused but open-minded, believing everything he is told. This is not his real nature, and I am begging you not to stain his soul with your hands. Your relationship was a mistake and it has to end now. As a mother, I am pleading you to let him go… Please.”        

 

Just a short update, yay~ We will be updating again very soon!
Just a quick note for our christmas calendar: the link for the first pre-story will be added soon, yay~
Thank you so much for supporting us - we love you subbies ~\(^o^)/~