Chapter 15

Daydream

 

Bang Yong Guk’s P.O.V.

 

She stormed out the door, slamming it shut behind her – a sound that was so familiar to me. And so nice. But, this time it was different… I was used to just slowly close my eyes and enjoy the silence and freedom that sled up my back, gently caressing my tensed neck, ears and mind. But, I couldn’t relax now – not entirely.

     I saw him flinch, but then shrug and return to the food. I chuckled, the sight of him unexpectedly nice and heartwarming. I slowly got up from the chair and walked around the table, to sit in front of him, my view of his beautiful face way better. I sat down, smiling like an idiot, staring at him as he chewed, letting out low, cute noises. Hungry? I couldn’t help but put my right elbow up on table and rest my chin in my right palm, carefully tilting my head as my eyes still studied him, the smile on my lips getting wider. Gosh, I’ve missed you so much, you stupid boy.   

     My eyes widened and I gasped, as he suddenly looked up at me, busting me red handed. Damn. He stared, his eyes big and mouth full, and I cleared my throat, wiping the smile off my face. I panicked, my gaze flying around the room, escaping his piercing eyes. I then quickly grabbed the chopsticks from his hand, our touching skin giving me the chills, and I pulled back in a split second. I gulped as he stared at the chopsticks in my hand, following it with his eyes as I started poking the food on the plate in front of him. The silence was breathtaking as I began eating, his jaw slowly dropping while he stared. Maybe, this was a bad idea, I thought, the end of the chopsticks caressing my lips. I looked at him, put on my best poker face and shrugged, raising an eyebrow. His eyes got bigger as he clearly fell for my ignorant act.

    “Ya…” He mumbled, pouting.

    “Ya?” I snorted, keeping up my cool attitude, my knees shaking under the table. But, it completely fell apart as he quickly swallowed and opened his mouth, leaning in towards the chopsticks in my hand.

     “Aaah,” he awaited my next move, closing his eyes.

     “What?” I stared at him, almost dropping the chopsticks from my shaking hand. H-how does he do that?

     He frowned, his eyes still closed. “Hyung~,” he complained in a cute voice and pouted. It hit me spot on, my heart skipping an important beat, and I gulped and blinked what seemed like a million times before actually considering what to do next.

     “Aish,” he opened his eyes, made a face and then launched himself forward, snatching whatever I’d pinned between the chopsticks away, chewing on it with a bright smile on his face.

     “Y-ya…” My jaw dropped, something turning in my chest.

     “Ya?” He giggled, looking at my startled face.

     “Ya!” I shrieked, poking him with the chopsticks.

     He jumped back in his chair, his eyes big and mouth forming an “o”. He blinked a couple of times; rubbing the spot I’d poked with his hand. “Ya…” He complained, making a cute, slightly offended face.

     I broke into a wide smile, chuckling. To my surprise he did the same, his face glowing in a beautiful light – joining me in the creation of a sweet, unforgettable moment.

 

      “Hyung! Jump, jump!” Junhong yelled, bouncing on the couch. I panicked, the controller slipping out of my hand, down on the floor. “No, no, no!” He jumped down, grabbed the piece of toy and threw it back in my lap, eyes focused on the TV. He was far away, completely captured by the intense video game in front of him, jumping around the living room like a hyped kid. Well… I shrugged, more interested in watching him than keeping up with the game, my player running out of life points.

     “Over there! Yeah, I got it! Gosh, hyung, you’re so bad at video games,” he complained and exhaled, his face concentrated as he fell down beside me on the couch, eyebrows quivering. “Just follow me, hyung, and we will continue to the next level,” he told me in a serious voice, glancing at me.

     I smiled and chuckled, throwing my controller away and got up, ruffling his hair. “You just continue without me,” I said, making my way to the kitchen.

     “But, but, but… You can’t just…” He started, but apparently forgot all about me, making his way to the next level. I smiled and exhaled, reaching the dining table, grabbing the dirty dishes and threw it in the dishwasher, using my left hand on purpose. It was getting better, sure, but still hurt enough for me to make a face and let out a low groan. I let my lower back lean against the counter as I ran a hand down my face, exhaling. You’ve had a rough day, get some rest. That insane woman showing up, barging in without permission, roaming around in the kitchen… I don’t understand why you didn’t just pop some pills?

     “I’m okay, it wasn’t that bad,” I mumbled, answering the voice back. “I got her out of here, didn’t I?”

     Well, technically, you didn’t… He did, the voice snorted, and I glanced into the living room, Junhong on his feet again, jumping up and down on the couch. I was surprised that he’d accepted my old video game player or whatever it was (I had bought it a few years ago, throwing it into the back of my closet, completely forgetting everything about it – until the moment he seemed to be bored), complaining a little about the quality of the game and more complicated, nerdy stuff, explaining it all to me with a frown on his face. But, he seemed to be entertained, smiling, yelling, jumping and complaining.

     “Yes! I did it! High-five, Daehyun-ah!” He jumped, but then dropped the controller, his head lowering as the smile and happiness disappeared from his face.

     I walked into the living room, letting my shoulder hit the bookshelf as I leaned up against it, looking at him. “You’ve been here for a while now,” I said, his head snapping. “You should go home,” I said, trying to sound as friendly and caring as possible. Still, it somehow came out kinda harsh, and I frowned.

     He shook his head, slamming his palms together. “Please, hyung, let me stay?”

     I held back a smile, looked down at the floor and then slowly nodded. “Sure, okay,” I said and shrugged. You’re sure this is a good idea?

     He was suddenly close to me, wrapping his arms around me. “Thank you, hyung!” He smiled, pressing his skinny body against my frozen figure.

     “S-sure,” I stuttered, clearing my throat in his embrace. He then let go of me, looking up at the fearful expression on my face, the smile still lingering on his lips. I’m glad that you finally realized your true feelings towards him, but have you ever considered what he thinks of you? I mean, look at him. He could be smiling and thanking his brother. What if that’s what you really are to him? A brother. I gulped, pulling off a rather awkward smile and he giggled. You’re in love with your baby brother.

     I shivered and moved a little around before stepping past him, walking towards nothing. “So… Junhong,” I started, clearing my throat once again, my mouth turning dry.    

     “Hyung, I’m hungry.”

     “Huh?” I turned around, watching him pout in the corner.  

     “I’m hungry,” he repeated, digging his hands into his pockets, pulling his shoulders up.

    “Again?” I asked and he nodded, gazing down at his feet. I looked down at my watch, shrugging. “Well, it’s about dinner time already, so… Aaah,” I scratched the back of my head, remembering looking into an empty fridge just a little while ago. “I’ll go get dinner, okay? I’ll be back in a few,” I said, nodding at him. He broke into a wide smile, joining my nodding.

     “I’ll wait for you,” he said, throwing himself on the couch, grabbing one of the controllers with a devilish smirk on his face.

     I chuckled and turned, putting on a jacket and my shoes, heading out the front door. “What a brat…” I mumbled, smiling and closing the door behind me. I took my key up my pocket, locking him safely inside while looking down at my feet. “What the–“

     By the doorframe stood a lonely bottle of milk on top of a little piece of paper. I slowly moved the bottle with my foot, glancing at the message written on the paper, raising an eyebrow. “’Yonggukkie… Get better soon, yes? I love you, my oppa’,” I mumbled, reading and exhaling. “,” I muttered and turned, walking away from there, off to buy dinner for the hungry and waiting Junhong.

     I’d been dating her for about a year, finally realizing what the I was doing, and then dumping her, hoping that I would never see her again. That had all been a few years ago – still, she came around, not really getting the message. I hated the sight of her, the sound of her voice, the feeling of her touch, the bare thought of her – every ing thing about her made me wanna die.

 

I came back to a silent apartment, letting myself in with a plastic bag in my hand, tiptoeing through the hallway and I facepalmed myself. You’re acting like a stranger in your own home?

     “Junhong?” I looked into the living room, the TV turned off and the couch empty. I frowned and walked to the kitchen. It was empty as well, and I put down the plastic bag with food on the counter, taking off my jacket, looking around. “Junhong?”

     I searched the whole apartment and started to get a little worried, before slowly entering the bedroom, grabbing unto the doorframe as I gasped, spotting him on the bed. He was sleeping while hugging my pillow, breathing slowly in and out, his face almost hidden in his blonde, soft curls. I was gasping for air, the sight so familiar, but suddenly so different and terrifying. The boy you love is sleeping in your bed, hugging your pillow.

     I cleared my throat and pushed myself forward, my legs turning into jelly as I approached him on the bed, my head spinning. I took a deep breath and slowly sled my hands in under his sleeping body, carefully lifting him out the white clouds. A buzzing feeling in my stomach made me frown as I looked down at his sleeping face, the thought of actually having him in my arms breathtaking. I squeezed my eyes close and pulled myself together, ignoring the pain in my left arm as I pulled the covers aside, slowly putting him down on the bed again. I exhaled, running a hand through my hair and pulled the covers back over him, finding myself caressing his blonde curls, a smile on my lips. This is bad. This is real bad.

     “Goodnight, Junhong,” I said, the cheesiness overwhelming me. I shook my head and walked out the room, turning off the lights in the bedroom, heading for the living room. I hid my face in my hands and groaned, hitting the couch.

     “I’m doomed.”

 

 

Hey, guys!

We’re a little behind schedule, therefore I’m updating already~
Hope you liked it, yay :D (I'm so bad at writing fluffy stuff...) Next chapter will be uploaded this Tuesday. ‘Till then, byebye~