Chapter 1

Daydream

 

Bang Yong Guk's P.O.V.

 

I’d woken up early that morning. Not that it was of own free will; I was practically forced to do so. I was demanded to put on some repulsive clothes. And I did. I was told to behave like I was some uncontrollable and hysterical child getting scolded. And I had just stood there and nodded politely. I had done all that and more without complaining or punch somebody in the face. I guess I really liked him that much. And apparently...  I wasn’t the only one. 

     He looked nice in a tuxedo – all classy and stuff. I looked at myself in the mirror and frowned. You look all grown up, Yong Guk, I thought to myself in a snobby and disgusting voice that echoed in my head. Yeah, right.

     “Now!” I got up from the couch, while looking at Young Jae’s reflection in the big mirrors that covered a whole wall in the rather tiny room. “Let’s get this over and done with, huh?”

     Young Jae turned his head to look at me and smiled. He looked away again to carefully put a pink rose in the right top pocket of his black jacket. “Ya, don’t rush it. I’d like to remember this day as something...” he paused to find the right word.

     I cut him off before he could continue. “Horrible?”

     He looked up in the mirror, staring at me. “Horrible? No, why would you say that?”

     I sighed and lay my arm around his shoulder. We both looked at ourselves in the big mirror. “Are you sure about this?” I asked. “You’re eighteen, man.”

     He chuckled. “It’s not like I love her or anything, hyung.”

     I put my index finger to my bottom lip and looked upwards. “That’s funny. I thought that was what marriage was all about? You know,” I put my hand on his chest, right above his heart. His heartbeat was surprisingly slow and calm. “Love,” I continued in a dramatic voice while closing my eyes. We both laughed with big smiles on our faces, still with my arm around his shoulder. It was a bittersweet moment, knowing that our relationship might change from the moment he stepped out of the room and walked towards her. Might, wasn’t the word. I knew that it would all change. I knew that I would lose one of my best friends, but there was nothing I could do about it. The only thing that I could do, was just to enjoy the last moments like this one, I had left with him.

     “I didn’t know you were a man of love, Yong Guk,” he joked still giggling. “You always know how to surprise me,” he said and padded my back. I shrugged still smiling. We both knew that love wasn’t exactly … my style. Girls, yeah sure, but love? The thought of it almost made me gag. I’d always thought that Young Jae thought the same, but I suddenly doubted it. He looked all grown up standing there in front of the mirror with this weird look in his eyes. Like this wasn’t as bad as it seemed to be. Young Jae had had many girlfriends – well, girls he liked to kiss and touch too much to throw away, like I did with all the girls I’d been… intimate with – and sure, I could’ve imagined him getting married (meaning: having the same girl linger by his side all the freaking time), but now? It seemed so unrealistic and crazy to me. I was almost four years older than him, and we were still young. Still, he was getting hitched now. When he first had told me that his parents had arranged his marriage to that girl, who he didn’t even know, and that he hadn’t done anything to protest against it, I’d almost lost my senses. I might’ve punched him, causing him to walking around with a black eye and a broken cheekbone for a little while, but he’d forgiven me and I’d forgiven him for getting married. He kept promising that nothing would change and every time I would just smile and nod, even though I went silent inside, preparing myself for watching him leave.

     “My hair…” He looked concentrated as he gently fixed his hair in the mirror. “What do you think? Will it do?”

     I nodded and smiled. “Your hair looks y pushed back,” I joked. “Can’t you marry me in stead?”
     “You wish,” he chuckled still fixing his short golden brown hair.

     “No, seriously, I think I would look quite nice in that wedding dress,” I said making him laugh and I smiled.

     In that moment Himchan almost broke down the door as he entered the room. He stumbled inside and closed the door loudly behind him. A few seconds went by before he turned to look at us. I’d let go of Young Jae and we’d both turned from the mirror to look at Himchans smiling face.

     “Wah, those bridesmaids sure are wild,” he said recovering his breath. “But kinda hot,” he laughed and then sighed putting his hands in his pockets. He was wearing the same kind of tuxedoes as Young Jae and I, but with the jacket ed and the white shirt hanging over his pants and not tucked in like ours. He wasn’t wearing a belt: the pants were hanging loose almost covering up his dirty sneakers. Still, his hair was sleek, drenched in hair gel. 

     “Wow, you look good, Himchan,” I said and he looked down at his clothes.

     “Like a real gent, you know?” He said laughing not hearing the thick layer of irony in my voice. Young Jae and I both laughed walking towards Himchan. He met us in the middle of the room and put his hand on Young Jae’s shoulder. The look on his face changed completely. From confident playboy, Himchan went to sentimental and caring friend, and I must’ve looked surprised and a little scared. I’d never seen him like that before, and I wondered if he was thinking and feeling the same as I was. Young Jae had always been like a younger brother to both of us. Letting him go like this, I wasn’t sure about Himchan, but I suddenly felt a lot older than I actually was. Almost grown up. Maybe it was about time anyway … Nah, whom was I kidding?

    “Why am I letting you do this?” Himchan said and a little smile formed on his lips.

     “But, nothing’s gonna change, hyung, I promise,” Young Jae said.

     “Oh, would you shut up?” Himchan quickly said before he pulled Young Jae in and hugged him. Young Jae stood stiff and surprised in Himchans embrace for a while until he relaxed and rested his chin on HImchans shoulder. Himchan padded him a few time on his back while looking at me. His eyes were sad and I couldn’t believe that he would actually let me see this side of him. Himchan kept looking at me for a few more seconds, before I realized it: I probably looked exactly the same to him.

     There was a knock on the door. “Groom, two minutes left,” a dull voice said from the other side of the door.

     “This is so weird,” Young Jae said after Himchan had released him. Himchan cleared his throat and stepped aside.

     “Go get ‘em, tiger!” Himchan then said raising a fist. “Fighting!” He said in a small voice and looked at me again. I silently raised my left fist joining the cheering without words or any kind of enthusiasm.

     Young Jae nodded quietly. “Thanks, guys.” He barely smiled as he walked to the door and opened it. He walked out of the room and Himchan and I then followed.

 

 

The large room was white, filled with pink roses, other nauseating wedding-stuff, and people – classy, snobby, ignorant machines. They were all sitting at enormous round tables, looking up at us. Their gazes made it burn, but I kept a straight face, keeping myself from storming through the room approaching an elderly man and his wife who was clearly staring at the two of us while whispering back and forth. I would’ve grabbed unto the collar of the man’s ironed, pitch black, super-duper high quality, snobby jacket and pulled him up from his seat spitting in his face, telling him to watch his mouth and those judging eyes of his. But, I didn’t. I kept standing there like a puppet: straightened my back, feet right beside each other and my hands behind my back, looking at some random spot in the back of the room.

     Himchan didn’t seem to notice the looking and whispering. He probably didn’t care. He was obviously used to it. He didn’t have the best rumor going around town about him – neither did I. But, Young Jae was a good kid. And if he’d ever done something less charming to talk about at the table during the daily afternoon tea, we would cover up for him, taking the blame, making our rumor even worse. But we didn’t care. Young Jae was our dongseang, and I think both Himchan and I knew how much he meant to us. If we didn’t before, we surely did now due to all of this crap. And I knew that Young Jae cared for us – in the case of him getting married, the only thing he begged of his parents was to let Himchan and I attend the wedding. Even though we were ‘bad guys’ according to his folks. Lovely title, huh? I didn’t really know if it would’ve been a better idea to just stay away. Himchan would’ve disagreed with me in that exact moment: he was clearly flirting with the tiest one of all the bridesmaids on the other side of the priest-guy. That dress was way too small for her. I peeked at Himchan who gave her his best “how-about-we-meet-in-the-back-after-this-baby?”-look and she bit her bottom lip. It made me laugh and I tried my best to cover it up with the back of my hand. I felt the staring now leaving burn marks.      

    Fortunately for the whispering audience and myself, every head in the room turned when the dress appeared. Well, yeah, there was practically more dress than there was girl strolling down the aisle. Five men could fit under that skirt of hers. The upcoming joke made me smile devilish.

     And there on the side of the big cloud I spotted Young Jae. Silently letting her rest her arm on his – barely touching. His eyes were glued to the floor avoiding the thousand burning eyes. She was smiling brightly, on the edge of waving to the crowd like a queen. As they got closer I got to see her face. Red cheeks. Check. Big, pink lips. Check. Long, fake eyelashes. Check. Large, brown eyes. Check. Blonde, long hair. Check. Wow, she was like a living, walking (and probably also too much of a talker too) doll: another one of the machines. I felt sorry for Young Jae who didn’t even realize where he was until I put my hand on his shoulder and made him stop. He would’ve continued right past us, if I hadn’t. He looked up at me and I saw a familiar, scared expression on his face. I smiled to cheer him up and he answered by shrugging and forcing a smile on his lips. Our mouths didn’t speak but our eyes talked as if we’d said the words out loud and clear.

     “This , huh?” I looked at him and sighed discreetly.

     “Tell me about it,” his eyes answered and I saw him looking over at Himchan.

     “Good luck, man,” Himchan nodded.

     “Yeah… thanks.”  Young Jae turned to the huge priest-guy (no, seriously, I would be intimidated if he wanted to fight me) and settled. Before the spine-cracker opened his mouth to speak, the doll quickly turned around to wave at the table nearest on her right. Two old bags slowly lifted their hands to wave back at her. Just by a single look at them, I could tell that they were rich as hell. The woman drowned in lost of and lots of jewelry hanging from her ears, neck, wrists, big hair, hands, etc. Her eyes were small – actually her whole head were rather small under that big pile of blonde hair. The man, on the other hand, was in a shiny, black suit, topping all the richness off with a watch in a gold chain attached to his jacket. His face was stone.

     I snorted and was about to look away when I spotted a boy sitting beside the woman. His hair was bright blonde, slightly curly, and his face childish. His eyes were big. Brown. He was put in a black suit as well which made him look even younger – and uncomfortable. He twisted cautiously in his seat and loosened his tie. So cute, it made me giggle like a fool and I cleared my throat, assuring Himchan who looked confused at me, that I was just coughing. The priest-guy had begun talking about life, love, marriage and all that, and his babbling became unintelligible words and sounds as I kept my eyes on the adorable, lightheaded boy. He sat there looking up at the ceremony that was going on right beside me, but I clearly wasn’t a part of. He would moist his lips with his tongue every minute, secretly yawn and play with his hair, stretching the biggest curl on his head out and then letting it go, and as it would pop back into a curl he would make the cutest expression and then smile, entertaining the both of us. 

     The wedding ceremony went by way too fast like this. I felt like I could stand there forever, looking at that silly kid. I jumped a little surprised when Young Jae and his wife turned around and the audience clapped loudly and cheered. They both bowed and the ceremony was over as people got up from their seats and made their way to the couple to congratulate with handshakes and hugs. I stood there for a bit, before noticing Himchan grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the sharks.

    “Dude, wake up,” he said as he let go of me.

     I blinked a couple of times staring past Himchan but at nothing at all. “Is it over? Already?” I asked and shook my head.

     “Yeah, thank God,” Himchan said and sighed. He suddenly got all stiff and alert and put his hand on my arm. “You know what? I’m just gonna… leave you here for a bit, okay?”

     “Huh?” I looked at him and then the way he was staring, spotting the ty bridesmaid pull off some aegyo a few meters away. “Yeah sure, man,” I said and looked away.

     “Thanks, bud,” he quickly said padding my arm without looking at me, and then sprinting over the floor to the girl. I sighed trying to get my focus back. I must have been daydreaming like there was no tomorrow back there, I thought to myself. My head was all over the place, and as I just stood there, I picked up all the pieces and put them back together, making my thoughts and actions makes sense to me again. I cleared my throat for the seventh time and shook off the rest of the deep sleep that had haunted me. I turned to see Young Jae smiling politely and shaking hands with the machines, too busy for anything else. I kept looking at him for a while, remembering his smiling face and his presence, before I would walk out of there and probably never see him again. I didn’t really feel like partying and celebrating his new life. Selfish, yup. I had to leave. But, before that…

     I scanned the room, studying all the faces, recalling his face, trying to find him. It was impossible. There was no blonde head to spot anywhere (not even the mother’s, what the hell?).

     I realized my embarrassing behavior and looked down at my feet and sighed. “What the hell, Yong Guk?” I said to myself, before quickly turning around. I swept across the floor aiming for the door.

     Once I was outside I took a deep breath. I leaned against the closed door: my knees were weak and my head still woozy. I put my face in my hands, frustrated and somehow tired. How did this happen? I had to get out of there.

     I looked up and spotted my car where I’d parked it earlier that day. I took a deep breath and confidently started to walk towards it. I kept a straight face, as my knees would wobble under me, making me lift my hands to balance my way to the car. “Damn it, damn it, damn it,” I kept whispering to myself until I reached the car and started fiddling for the car keys in my pocket. “I need a drink, I need a drink,” I then continued as I got a hold of the keys, pulled them up and got in.

     I sat there for a moment. “What is wrong with you?” I asked myself completely dazed by my own actions. I shook my head and decided to start the car. I took a deep breath and hoped for the best as I drove away.  

 

 

 

Hey, Ayo here~
If you’re reading this I just want to say thank you (sooooo much!) for checking out our BangZelo fanfic! I’ll be writing the story from Bang Yong Guk’s P.O.V., so I really hope you liked this first chapter – all written by little me on big website :3

Regarding this chapter’s content I want to apologize for marrying Young Jae off to some stupid girl :b I like Young Jae a lot and he deserve much better, I know. And if he’s your bias of BAP this must’ve been terrible to read, sorry! I also want to apologize for making Himchan such a playboy. Trust me, what’s going on in his head isn’t really shown by his actions. (Yup, we have secret, evil plans for him in this fanfic >:D)

Also, sorry for this chapter being so freakin’ long. I’ll try to do better next time, I promise.

Anyway, next chapter will be from Zelo’s P.O.V (written by Donotfear) – look forward to it, I am! :D