Forever [2]

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was looking at my dream that is being deemed far away
And I was standing blankly
I don’t have anything left any more
I thought about giving up everything, but
I am standing up again

Even today step by step
I step forward carefully
My heart is full of fears
but it’s an excitement I’m embracing
I am staggering and shaking
But, I step forward towards
the dream that I am going to meet some day

Towards the dream that I am going to meet some day

 

Yuri swiftly turns her head when she heard someone clapping from behind her. She quickly stood up and bowed to show respect. “Kim Soohyun-sii…”

 

“Kwon Yuri-sii” Soohyun smiles and stretched out his hand. “Please call me Soohyun. You don’t need to be formal with me”

 

Yuri smiles and accepted the handshake. “Then Yuri will do, can I call you oppa?”

 

“Sure. You can call me anything you want, Yul” Soohyun smiles and sat down beside Yuri. “So you were singing my song? Honestly, I haven’t heard that song for a long time”

 

Yuri chuckles and shyly rubs the back of her head. “Sorry about that…”

 

“Why say sorry? I’m not mad. Actually I’m flattered. Kwon Yuri of girls’ generation singing my song” the smile on Soohyun’s face slowly fades. “Can I tell you a secret, Yul?”

 

“Sure…”

 

“I had a hard time doing that scene, where I sang that song and that song always gives me hard time every time I perform it”

 

This got Yuri’s attention. “Really? Why?”

 

Soohyun turned to Yuri and smiles. “Because I don’t have the feelings, I can’t sing that song not because it’s too high for me or my vocal prowess can’t reach it, no. it’s because I don’t feel the same way as the composer when they wrote it. But you, you sang it perfectly”

 

Yuri let out a chuckle and shook her head trying to dismiss Soohyun’s thought. “I’ve been practicing…”

 

“You’re right. Practice does make it perfect. I think I better go, see you around Yul” Soohyun just nodded his head. He patted Yuri’s thigh before standing up.

 

“See you around, oppa” Yuri smiles at her senior.

 

“Oh and Yul…” Soohyun already held the door opened. “Dreaming has the same feeling as mistake. See you around bud”

 

Yuri chuckles and stares at the door where Soohyun walked out. “Then you’re right oppa, I do have a problem”

 

It was not spoken but Soohyun felt Yuri had a problem because of his song. He can feel all of Yuri’s bottled up emotions with every word she sings.

 

*****

 

“Oppa!”

 

Soohyun stopped walking when he heard a familiar voice calling him. “Yuri, what’s up?”

 

“Can I ask you a favor?”

 

“Sure. Anything”

 

“Can you teach me your song? I want to do a cover”

 

Soohyun smiles. “Sure. Come on, I know a studio that we can use”

 

Yuri smiles and followed Soohyun as the man lead the way.

 

*****

 

“So I heard you’re not staying at the dormitory anymore…” Soohyun started the conversation.

 

Yuri and Soohyun have been practicing for the past weeks now. They will meet discreetly to avoid paparazzi from spotting them and sparking another scandal.

 

And being in the entertainment you can’t escape gossip. Being a man, Soohyun is not fond of gossips but one gossip caught his attentions, Yuri left the GG dorm.

 

“Hm…” Yuri hums in response then nods her head.

 

“Don’t mind me asking but why?”

 

“Personal matters” Yuri answered briefly before entering the recording booth to start their session again.

 

Soohyun let out a sigh. “This kid really is stubborn”

 

I was looking at my dream that is being deemed far away
And I was standing blankly
I don’t have anything left any more
I thought about giving up everything, but
I am standing up again

 

Even today step by step
I step forward carefully
My heart is full of fears
but it’s an excitement I’m embracing
I am staggering and shaking
But, I step forward towards
the dream that I am going to meet some day

 

As I’m thinking if it’s going to end like this
A fear constantly comes
I’m hesitating but
Deep inside my heart
There’s an unstoppable beating
that drags me forward

 

Even today step by step
I step forward carefully
My heart is full of fears
but it’s an excitement I’m embracing
I am staggering and shaking
But, I step forward towards
the dream that I am going to meet some day

 

Even today step by step
I step forward carefully
My heart is full of fears
but it’s an excitement I’m embracing
I am staggering and shaking
But, I step forward towards
the dream that I am going to meet some day

Towards the dream that I am going to meet some day

 

****

 

“That’s a wrap! Let’s call it a day Yul” Soohyun’s voice boomed from the speaker.

 

Yuri stayed still for a moment. This is the first time she can’t reach the high notes and the worst part she doesn’t know what’s going on with her. She tried to recall the feelings but it wasn’t there anymore.

 

“Oppa!” Soohyun turned to her with a questioning look. “Please, one last try, one last song”

 

Soohyun let inhaled deeply then sighed. “Okay… last song”

 

****

 

Why can’t I reach the high notes?!

 

Yuri is already walking towards the exit of the building. She was deep in the thought that she failed to realize someone talking on the phone walking towards the same path as her. Inevitably they bump into each other.

 

“I’m so sorry!” Yuri quickly snapped back to reality and took the girl’s phone that fell when they bump to each other. “Hyomin?”

 

Hyomin smiles and took the phone from Yuri. “It’s nice to see you sober”

 

Yuri chuckles. “Listen…”

 

“Yul…” Hyomin held Yuri on the shoulders successfully cutting the taller girl’s words. “Are you seriously going to insist? I told you before and I will tell you again. Nothing happened and you didn’t kiss me on the lips. You kissed me on the cheeks and friends kiss each other on the cheeks. It’s no big deal. So stop. Stop persuading me. We both know that I’m not the one you love and you’re just doing this out of guilt”

 

Yuri stayed silent for a moment but she held Hyomin’s hands when the latter took it away from her shoulders. “I’m old enough to be responsible for my actions and I want to take responsibility on what I did to you”

 

“Yuri you didn’t do anything. So stop this, stop hurting Jessica and yourself” Hyomin smiles warmly. She retracted her hand away from Yuri’s hold and gently cupped the black pearl’s cheek. “Free yourself from the guilt because no one is blaming you and I surely don’t blame you”

 

Yuri let out a sigh of relief. She can feel the weight being lift off of her shoulders. Hyomin was a good friend and if she’s given the chance to love someone aside from Jessica she will surely love Hyomin. Yuri unconsciously leaned to the touch. “Thank you, Hyomin. I owe”

 

“You don’t owe me, Yul. This is what friends do”

 

“At least give me a chance to treat you to dinner”

 

“As friends?” Hyomin asked playfully.

 

Yuri smiles and nodded her head. “As friends. Let’s go?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter