Indestructible [2]

Indestructible Yulsic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing?” Mr. Jung asked Mr. Henney when he saw the man cleaning his gun.

 

“What does it look like I’m doing?” Mr. Henney asked nonchalantly. “I want to make sure… just in case someone objects to my son being your daughter’s husband”

 

“This is my daughter’s wedding…” Mr. Jung gritted his teeth. “I did what you’ve asked me too but this time around I’ll object. I don’t want to see a gun with you or your guards while in this wedding”

 

Mr. Henney turned to Mr. Jung. “And why would I do what you say?”

 

“Because I’ve been true to my words and I bet your son will not be happy when he hears about you bringing a gun on his wedding”

 

“Okay… you win this time” Mr. Henney smirks and hid the gun on his drawer. “Come… we don’t want your children to wait”

 

♦♦♦♦♦

 

This is it… my nightmare…

 

I stare blankly at the mirror that shows a reflection of a perfect bride in white. Her hair tied in a bun and the veil covering her face. She was holding unto a bouquet of flowers as her lips pressed in a thin line. No matter how hard I stare at the mirror, I just don’t recognize this girl.

 

“This is not me…” I mumbled to myself.

 

“Maybe if you smile a little you would—” my ever so loving mother walks up to me with a small smile on her face.

 

I wanted to her to take me away, away from my father and his deals. Away from this madness of me marrying a person I don’t love. But then again, my father is a mafia lord along with Mr. Henney, so, even if I ran away they will catch me and worst, kill the person who I want to be with.

 

“Sweetheart?” my mother snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

I gave her a small smile because I know it’s hurting her seeing me like this. She did mention of taking away my pain if she has a chance to but being the strong daughter that I am, I told her that I’ve already accepted my fate.

 

“What about you Yuri? Have you accepted that we’re not meant to be?”

 

The thought of Yuri made me smile. She’s fearless and bold. She doesn’t care if she will get herself in trouble or worst, get killed. Does she knew about me being in a mafia family? The thought about it made me smile. Does she know yet that didn’t stop her from pursuing me?

 

“That’s the smile I was looking for…” I snapped out of my thoughts again. “Smile more sweetheart… miracles happen when you believe”

 

I turned to my mother and gave her a small smile. “I’ve already accepted my fate, mom. Let’s go…”

 

My mother nodded her head with a sad smile on her face and we walked out of the room. Right before I closed the door, I turned to the mirror one last time.

 

“Yuri-ah… I’m glad I met you. If ever I meet you again in another lifetime. I promise you, I’ll be yours and you will be mine”

 

♦♦♦♦♦

 

I don’t know when and why but I suddenly felt nausea, like something isn’t right. “Is this what they called cold feet?” My heart is banging wildly against my chest. I’ve started to become fidgety the moment I started walking at the red carpet. Straight to the altar where Daniel is waiting.

 

Honestly, Daniel is good-looking. Anyone who was in their right mind will fall for him. And maybe, just maybe, if I happen to meet him first before Yuri then I might fall for him. But then again, I hate guys who can’t stand up for themselves and just agrees to what theie parents tells them, like they don’t have balls or something.

 

Did I mention girls who are in their right minds? Yea I did, why? Because I’m not in my right mind, myself. I’m in love with a girl! Who in their right mind will fall for a girl? It’s against human nature. But I don’t care. I love Yuri, call me stupid, call me freak, I really don’t care.

 

“Jessica?”

 

“Oh would you look at that. I zooned out again” I turned to Daniel and flashed him a forced smile.

 

I watched as my father patted him on the back and telling him to take care of me whilst my mother gave me one last hug before whispering something–that I don’t understand–on my ear. Before I could even ask her what was that she whispered to me, she was already walking away from us towards their designated seat.

 

“Let’s go?” I gave a nod then Daniel ushered me to the seat in front of the pastor.

 

Honestly this is boring… I should’ve thought that wedding ceremonies are so boring. Frankly, I haven’t been in one and unlucky for me, the very first wedding that I attend happens to be my wedding. “My life ”

 

I’m a girl with a short attention span. And this I don’t know until Yuri pointed it out. She even revealed to me that, she make it as her priority to make her plans exciting to keep me from being bored with her company.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter