Please don't do this to me, I beg of you.

Five Six, Seven Eight

You were shaking when you left the classroom. You weren't a bad kid. Why was Kai called down? Whhhatttt?

He walked with his hands in his pocket beside you, not showing any panic on his face like you probably were.  

"Stop looking like you're about to jump into a volcano. It's embarrassing."

Your eyes darted to him.

First you don't want to talk to me, and now I'm embarrassing?

"No one's here to see, so I won't ruin your 'image'" you retorted, clearly annoyed.

He didn't reply, which saved you from having to talk to him.

You reached the principal's office, and to your suprise, Lay was there too.

"What are you doing here?"

He shrugged. 

"I don't know. What are you two doing here?"

You mimicked his shrug.

"You three can come in now." said a female voice, who you recognized as the secretary in the front office.

You entered the rather bland beige office that always seemed to smell like coffee.

"Please, have a seat." You motioned Lay over.

The three of you sat in the hard chairs that were in front of the large wooden desk with papers and documents scattered all over it. You refused to sit next to Kai, so you made Lay sit in the middle.

"Mr. Choi will be here in just a minute."

The minute went by too slowly for your liking. Lay tried to make conversation with his limited Korean with Kai, but it didn't end up well.

"You're a ...really great, um, dancer." complimented Lay.

"Thanks, I know."

What the...no "You too?" 

His personality was much too haughty for you.

Lay tried to make small talk again.

"Um...how long..have yo--"

But Kai but him off short.

"Don't try to speak Korean. You're making a fool out of yourself."

Your jaw dropped at his rudeness. Who the hell did he think he was?

Lay turned to you for a translation. You didn't dare tell him he truth, because you didn't want him to be hurt.

"He just said that he doesn't want to talk right now."

"Oh, okay." 

Mr. Choi came in finally. He wore a dark grey suit with a tie that looked like it had a rice bowl pattern on it, and a small coffee stain. You weren't scared of the principal like how you were in elementary. Mr. Choi was more relaxed and easier to talk to. He actually smiled. Your elementary principal once smacked a kid on the side of his head because the child was sniffling too much.

"I bet you're wondering why you're here right now. Right?" 

You and Kai nod, but Lay just copied what you did.

"You're all here because of Sarang."

Three pairs of eyes looked at you. What did I do?

You decided to ask that question out loud.

"It's not what you did. It's what you didn't do." replied Mr. Choi.

You tilted your head in confusion, not quiet getting what he was trying to say. What didn't you do? You didn your homework, and you didn't do anything bad. What was it?

He saw your confusion and sighed. 

"It's your gym grade, Sarang. You're failing with a 55."

Kai couldn't quite hold in his laugh. Lay seemed to understand enough to get what was going on.

You always passed with at least a D, but it had never gotten this  low before. Ever.

"Oh..." you said, feeling lower than your grade.

"You just didn't participate enough. It's graded mostly on participation you know."

You knew that...

"It's just that...I'm not athletic at all, and I really don't like physical exertion, and...yeah..." you tried to reason, but ended up falling flat at the end.

"I understand, but if you don't get at least a get a 65, you'll have to stay back."

Stay back, stay back, stay back, stay back.....

The words kept on echoing in your head. You really didn't want to stay back. You didn't want to be the awkwardly older one, or "The girl who didn't pass gym". Everyone passes gym, except you apparently.

"What can I do to bring my grade up?"

"Well, this is where Kai and Lay come in." They two boys' ears perked up at their names. 

"You know about the annual school talent show every February, right? I've talked with the coach, and he is willing to bring up your grade to a 68, or more depending on the results."

"Results of what?" you raised an eyebrow.

"Your solo in the show."

"MY WHAT?!" you freaked.

"Lay and Kai will be your dance instructors."

"WHO?!" you and Kai shouted together.

You didn't mind Lay as your teacher. You didn't mind at all. It was Kai you didn't like. You weren't willing to learn from a cocky bastard, no matter how good he looks shirtless. If it weren't for Lay, you'd gladly switch placed with all the other girls who were dying just to smell Kai.

"I want Kai and Lay to help you with choreography."

You translated everything to Lay, and he immediatly agreed.

"Why can't Lay teach her himself? I don't see why she needs two people." Kai said, crossing his arms.

"Because she...she's not the most stable person ever, and the more the merrier! And I thought that since you two are neighbors, he could help you when you need it. You seem to get along well with Lay, so that's why we was my other choice. If for you two, this will count for your grades as well. It will drop if you don't do your job right."

One word still bothered you. Solo.

You've always had trouble in front of crowds. You were extra clumsy and stuttered a lot when you presented a report.

"Do I have to do a solo? Please don't do this to me, I beg of you," you whined.

He thought for a second.

"I guess not, but if you're not doing a solo, then both Kai and Lay have to join you on stage."

You settled with that because it was either three people, or freezing up on stage like a deer in headlights alone an falling onto your or even off the stage.

There was no fighting your way out of this now. You needed the extra points.

Maybe you could gain something from this, who knows. 

"Fine." 

"Whatever."

"Great, One of our administrators owns a few practice rooms. He's willing to let us rent if for free from here on. Since it's October now, you'll have four months to prepare your routine. You'll be graded on effort, and attitude."

The little meeting ended and the three of you exited his office.

Kai walked ahead, which left you and Lay. You explained everything in Chinese for him.

"I can't wait to teach you some of the things I know! I think everyone can dance if they try." he happily said, walking beside you.

You snorted. "Yeah, everyone but me. I really can't dance, Lay. I can't."

His expression softened.

"Of course you can. With practice and help, you can do it. I believe in you."

He believes in me?

"Well, I'm going to need all the time and help that I can get. Do you want to come over today after school and start looking at videos and songs?"

"Sure, I'll let you ride with me on my bike again." he gladly accepted.

"Kai. Show up." you said.

"Whatever."

Let the torture begin.

 

A/N: HI!  I just wanted to thank you all for 40 subbers! It's almost three in the morning, BUT I DON'T CARE. :p I have an idea for another fanfiction, but I think I need to make this one more...stable first.

Thanks so much guys for reading this! It really means a lot to me!