Um...about that... ._.

Five Six, Seven Eight

 

The deadly question rang in your mind a few times before you were able to register what it meant. You went into panic mode.

Wait, so did Lay not tell them yet? What? Uhh, crap. If I say no then Lay might be hurt, but If I say yes then they'll ask with who and asdfghjkl.

All eyes were on you, or at least you thought they were because you didn't even look at Lay because you'd lose your mind if you did, but you could feel his gaze on you as well.

"Well...have you?"

You were opening your mouth to let out an answer. "N..no?"

"LIAR! You're so see through," said Luhan, laughing.

Dammit, he really can tell.

"You guys might want to help me with these dumplings. The first batch is done!" said Chen's mom.

That was your chance.

"I-I'll help!" and then you dashed off to the kitchen to escape.

You were breathing hard, and your face was still red like a tomato, and your hands shook as you were fetching out the dumplings from the steamer.

"Are you okay? You seem...anxious." said Mrs. Kim.

"What? Oh, no...I'm fine, really!"

Ha, no you weren't.

_________________________________

 

"What's up with her? She got all flustered and stuff," said Xiumin, looking at the direction you left in.

Lay simply just smiled. He knew what the answer was, and he found it cute how you got all shy and pink like a baby piglet.

"Lay...do you know why she was like that? Hm?" questioned Tao, nodding his chin at Lay, smiling.

"Do you really, really want to know?"

The five of them eagerly nodded like children waiting to be told a story.

Lay decided that now would be a great time to tell everyone what had happened in the alley, and he wanted to see your reaction too. He decided that that would be the best part.

He smiled slyly, and started to tell the truth for you.

Everyone leaned in closer to be able to hear him correctly.

"We kissed."

It was silent for a split second.

"HA! I KNEW IT! DID I NOT CALL IT?!" shouted Xiumin.

"It's about time you did dude." said Kris, smirking.

"Nice!" congratulated Chen, slapping Lay's back.

"Tell us exactly what had happened!" urged Luhan, clearly enjoying it.

"Let's let Sarang help me with this one," said Lay as you walked back into the living room with a platter of dumplings, looking anywhere but at him.

___________________________________

""HA! I KNEW IT! DID I NOT CALL IT?!" you heard Xiumin's voice yell.

"Aigoo, those boys. Okay, you guys can eat this batch, and the others will be for my friend. Can you please bring these to them? Thank you so much."

You nodded and dryly swallowed as you took the platter into your arms, shaking.

"Careful!"

"N-nae..."

You shook your head to clear your nervousness away, but failed.

You carried the dumplings into the room, and avoided all eye contact with everyone in the room. 

You can do this. You can do this. It's just them, right?

"DID YOU AND LAY REALLY KISS?!" yelled the five of them together. Even Kris joined in, amused.

You nearly dropped the dumplings if Tao hadn't magically appeared out of nowhere with miraculous wushu speed and took the dish from you.

"Um..er..uh...about that..." you managed to say.

"Come on, tell us! It's already pretty obvious you to like each other. No shame," said Chen, beaming at the skinship.

You finally looked at Lay, who was showing off his dimple with a that smile of his.

"Yes, we did kiss..." you admitted, looking at the ground, embarrassed.

"And was he your first?"

"Yes..."

"AWWWWW THAT'S SO CUTE!" said a female voice.

It was Chen's mom. You turned around to look at her, and so did everyone else.

"Oh, sorry..." and she disappeared into the kitchen.

"Tell us the entire story!"

You sighed and went to sit down next to Lay and began to tell them what had happened that night, and he helped.

"And then these two drunk guys started hitting on me," you started, "and then we ran and hid in an alley," finished Lay.

"And then?"

"We were waiting for them to leave..."

"And I turned my head..." you slowly said.

"And then it happened."

"Was there tongue?" asked Xiumin.

"Xiumin!"

"How cute." said Kris, smirking. You couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or if he really meant it.

"AWWW! Does that mean you two are boyfriend and girlfriend now?" asked Tao like a little kid.

That, you didn't know how to respond to. Wasn't it verbally confirmed between the two people usually? Or doesn't one of them ask "Will you be my girlfriend/boyfriend?"

"I guess we are." confirmed Lay.

"We are?" you asked cocking your head to the side. 

He smiled at you. "Well, if you don't want to be then okay..."

"Wait! No! I'm good with being your....girlfriend.." you said the last word followed by a giggle.

"NICE GOING MAN! GET SOME!" congratulated Chen.

"Dude! Shut up!" silenced Luhan, covering Chen's mouth with his hand.

You laughed at their childish acts, and Lay put a loving arm around you. It felt even warmer than usual, like his happiness was transferring over to you. Was this what it was like to have a boyfriend?

Boyfriend..

That word sounded foreign in your head. You didn't really use it that much before, but that was going to change.

"Let's celebrate!"

"How?"

Xiumin looked at everyone.

"DUMPLINGS!!"

_________________________________

 

The next day, Monday, there was school. Somehow, everyone already knew about you and Lay.

"First she's a model with Kai, now she's Lay's girlfriend? What kind of game is she playing?" you heard a girl say in the bathroom.

You tried your best to not let the comments get to you because the fact that you and Lay were together was all the mattered, but you couldn't help but feel a little hurt that people thought you were up to no good. 

At the mention of Kai, you remembered that you had barely seen him at all. He came to homeroom late, and you saw glimpses of the back of his head in the hallways. 

"Ohh, so, you and Lay huh?" asked D.O., smiling at you like you were his daughter.

"Yeah, so?" you said, trying to act cool, but failed. You looked at your desk, pink and all happy. 

He asked you what had happened, and all about the kiss. Sitting right in front of you, you knew that Kai could hear some of the stuff you and D.O. were discussing.

Meanwhile, Kai was tuning in on everything. His hands were in fists in his lap, feeling discouraged.

So I'm too late...

At lunch, he still went to sit with you guys, but he sat next to D.O. instead, and let you and Lay sit together. Kai didn't attempt to make much conversation. The kids at his usual table were looking at him.

You noticed, and you were worried. Why was he so sad? Sehun constantly looked at Kai, as if he knew why he was so down. Did something happen to his mom or brother? Maybe Ami did, or said something to him...

 

A/N: Hello! I don't have much to say, but I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH OKAY?!