Oh no she didn't!

Five Six, Seven Eight

Your hand was triple bandaged by Lay, and the baby was full and sleeping away.

You spent the rest of the evening watching dance videos with your two dance partners.

"Oooh. The dance in Lovey Dovey looks fun!" you said, looking at the way T-ara's feet slid during the moonwalk.

"That's called shuffling. It's really easy." said, lay, pointing at the feet.

"Shuffling..." you repeated.

You looked at things like SHINee's "Lucifer", B.A.P., and f(x). 

"You know, it's better if we make our own dance. Just doing some other routine is for noobs." Kai commented.

"You know, it's something called 'inspiration'. Just being cocky is for jerks." you said back.

Ouch...

That stung Kai, and words usually didn't phase him at all. 

Lay laughed.

That's my girl.

A question popped into your head.

"Hey, how long have you two been dancing?"

"Ten years," replied Lay in Korean.

"Eleven years," said Kai, obviously trying to out do Lay.

"...I only have a few months..." you said to yourself in horror.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The weekend came around faster than expected. None of the three of you were busy, so you were planning to check out the dance studio. It was located only fifteen minutes away by car, and your mom drove you all there. She purposely put her groceries in the front seat so that you would sit with Lay and Kai in the back.

Thanks umma. Nice to know you're on my side...

You were forced to sit in the middle of the two because Kai went into the car first, and you went in second. 

You each had bags with lunch and a change of clothes and shoes.

The car ride was awkwardly silent, kind of like that emptiness after small talk everyone hates.

Your mom made efforts to strike up some sort of conversation that would last for more than fifteens seconds. She went from topics like school, to hobbies, even to food.

"Lay, do you like kimchi?"

He nooded.

End of conversation.

You gave her looks through the rearview mirror. Her lined eyes sparkled with ideas that would drive you to the edge of insanity.

"Do you guys have a girlfriend?"

She did it. Holy she did it. She said the G word out loud in front of these two. 

You tensed up. You began you play with your pony tail, and pretended to smooth out wrinkles in your hoodie.

"I'm taken." said Kai.

Thank you Jongin.

Your mother's eyes dimmed a little, dissappointed at his answer.

"I can see why you'd be taken."

She sounded a little like a pedo noona to you.

"I'm single." said Lay, sounding as if he were dropping hints that he wants a certain girl.

Her eyebrows lifted.

"You are now?"

You shut your eyes as you were waiting for what she would say next.

You really hoped that Lay's Korean was limited enought that he wouldn't be able to reply or understand anything. You were wrong.

"Sarang here is single too, and she's waiting for that right person who's handsome, and talented, and caring..."

"Oh, I see." 

"You seem to fit that description as well Lay."

Your eyes snapped open and looked at her through the mirror.

Did she know you like him? Is she really that good? Did she see that drawing? O_O

You glanced over at Lay, moving only your eyeballs.

He gave the most dazzeling shy guy smile ever. Your inner fangirl just exploded.

Oh..my....dimple.....can't...breath..

You saw mirror Kai make a face like 

You praised the lord as the car pulled up to the studios.

"Let's go! Love you mom, I'll text you, anneong!" you hurriedly said. 

You leaned over to Lay's side and opened the door, then shoved him out of the car.

"Woah there, what's the problem?" he asked, slinging his bag over his shoulder.

You.

"Nothing, my mom is just really embarrassing. That's all." you said, telling the partial truth.

"Really? She's cool. I'd love to have a mother in law like that."

In law?

Kai stood there, watching the scene, then cleared his throat.

"Will you two just hurry up? I want to dance."

 

A/N: Hellooooo! I'm sorry for not updating. I've been busy with writer's block. Writing this chapter was like constipation. I tried to squeeze words out, but little to nothing was produce, so yeah...I'm sorry for this ill written chapter. Forgive me. I tried. T.T

I realized that I make time go reeaaallyy sloowwww, so I sped things up a bit to get things going, or else who knows when we'll get to the talent show.

I love gifs, don't you?

As always, thank you for reading!