We're your new neighbors!

Five Six, Seven Eight

"What happened to your forehead?"

You were in your kitchen, puting an ice pack onto the large, red, sore lump that was smack dab in the center of your forehead when your mom came in.

"Nothing. I just accidentally turned and hit my head on the door." You said casually. These things always happened to you. They were such frequent events, your mom stopped rushing to your aid when you were eight because she knew you knew how to use the first aid kit already.

"Aigoo. What am I going to do with you?" she said, rubbing your head.

Your mom was only thirty-three. She was pregnant with you when she was sixteen, got kicked out at seventeen, and raised you alone ever since then. You two had little to no contact with the rest of your family, and that was perfectly fine. She has a fun and wild spirit that most moms don't have. Her hair is in a choppy bob, died dark red,  and she always had her signature eyeliner wing and red lipstick. Your mother looked very young, more like in her mid 20's and you're always mistakened for sisters.

"Did you see our new neighbors?" She asked excitedly.

You nodded. "They have a really cute baby too."

"I know. You could probably baby sit him like you did with Hwa Yi."

"Yeah, but she has an older son. I don't see why he can't take care of his own brother."

Her face change. It went from happy, to the look that you dreaded that said "Speaking of boys..."

"You know...he's really good looking, and he looks to be around your age." She said, giving you "they eye".

"Yeah so?" you said, knowing excactly what she was going to say.

"You're 16, Sarang. Girls your age should be dating and having fun! Mingle!"

Here she goes yet again...

"Ew, Umma. Never say mingle again."

"Ah, mianhe. Just saying that you should make more friends."

"I know. But when I want to date, I will. Arrasso?"

"Arrasso."

You still knew this wasn't going to be the last time your mom will bring up the topic.

"Hey do you wanna go and welcome the neighbors with me?"

NO. You weren't going to face him with this thing growing on your head. You've never even talked to the guy, and yet you're already embarrassed.

Before you could object, your mom took your wrist and dragged you to the front door. You tossed the ice bag onto the counter, but it missed and hit the floor.

"Umma! I don't want to! This thing..."

"Aish, dont worry about it."

You were forcefully pulled to your new neighbor's front door. Your mom ran the doorbell, and shortly after, the woman in the driver's seat greeted us.

"Oh! Anneonghasaeyo! Hyukie, say hi!" She was holding the baby, and waved this hand for him. He laughed and smiled.

"Aww. How cute! Anneongahsaeyo! I'm Kim Ji Ra, and this is my daughter, Sarang. We're your new neighbors!" 

You bowed and said an anneonghasaeyo. 

"You're very pretty! You could be a model like my son!"

You didn't have an idea of how to reply to the compliment. you weren't good at recieving them. Luckily, your mom started talking.

"Hyukie is a child model?" she asked, pinching the kid's cheek.

"Nope, but my oldest son, Jongin is."

"Who are you talking about me to?" said a deep, manly voice in the back ground. 

Your heart beat faster and faster. You wanted to run, or go jump in the bushes and hide yourself before you had the chance to do anything else embarrassing.

Jongin walked up behind his mother and took a look at you. It was obvious he saw your little friend, because he chucked and he knew excactly how you got it. 

You looked at him straight. He was very tall, at least 180 cm, and he seemed totally different than when he was sleeping. He was innocent then, but looking at him awake was different. His big dark eyes were mysterious, and his lips seemed bigger than before. He really did look like a model.

"This is Jongin, but people usually call him Kai, his model name, and this cutie here is Tae Hyuk, but Hyukie will do."

"Anneonghasaeyo.." you said, bowing. You really hated the idea of having to bow to this jerk.

"Oh, pardon me. Come in! Come in! It's still messy, but I don't want you guys to stand outside."

You two were ushered inside the house. You hadn't been in it in a while. The floors and walls were all the same, and so was the table in the dining room and the sofas. Other than that, there wasn't much left.

You were still studying your surroundings when Kai's mom said, "Let's go sit on the sofas and mingle a little."

There was that word again.

 

AYO WASSUuuUUp! Double update! This one is a little long...but oh well. We're finally getting a little more Exo in this! Yay! I'm still in need of a poster, and I feel like what I do to posters in photoshop is a crime....

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this one!