Lay saves the day

Five Six, Seven Eight

You seemed to have gone deaf. You couldn't hear anything but your beating heart in your head, and your own thoughts.

What are they going to say? Should I say something? Oh my god...

You didn't want to look up. You were slightly scared...okay terrified of all of the eyes, oh those judging eyes. Who knows what was running though everyone else's minds, but you didn't want to know. The only people's minds you didn't mind reading were Kai's and Lay's.

I want her to be mine.

All of the lunch table knew that you and Lay fancied each other. 

At that moment, the bell rang, which made every heart in the cafeteria jump. Everyone was so focused on the mini trial session, even some of the cafeteria staff who were old women addicted to dramas. 

You ran out of there and you didn't care that you hadn't bothered to clean up after yourself. You just grabbed the bag and ran like a theift after a robbery.

You luckily didn't have either of them in your afternoon classes. You didn't feel like talking to them, or anyone for that matter. 

 

You power walked home, and your mom greeted you with the magazine in her hand.

"Oh my goodness, sweetie! You're so pretty, this is amazing, and Kai looks hot!"

"Ew! Mom! Don't say that." you said, feeling a little bit better because of her energetic aura. It was what you needed at the moment.

"Thanks..."!

"Hey, guess what? The agency called, and you have a photo shoot either next week, or early the week after that! Isn't this great?"

You nodded, "Do you know what it's for? Like what clothing store?"

"Yeah...I'm pretty sure it's something for evening wear..."

You've never really worn a really formal dress before, and you were hooked on the idea of getting to try on tons of fancy gowns with sparkles and cut outs and gems along with nice high heels that you would murder yourself in. 

"Cool, am I alone for this one?"

"Nope."

"Who is it?" you asked cautiously.

She smiled and had that glint in her eye that you dreaded seeing everytime. Her lips curled into a sneaky smile and said, "Kai. They saw how good you two were in the first one, so they wanted him in this one too."

Yay.

"Come on! Look more excited! You're going to make money looking pretty along side an attractive guy...whose bed you were in last week." she teased.

Your mom definitely wasn't like the rest. Normal mothers would've freaked out that you were just in some other guy's house, let alone laying in his bed. 

"UMMA! It wasn't like that! Ughhh. I'm going upstairs now."

"Ahaha, okay, okay. I'm just stating the facts here."

You rolled your eyes and went to hideout upstairs for a few hours. Alone. With no stupid cupid mother, no over bearing fangirls, no jealous females and no drama. Just you.

You sighed and bellyflopped onto your unmade bed. You didn't have any homework, so you just laid there, and tried to make youself fall asleep, but the day's events kept on popping up into your mind one after another, especially the lunch one. Why did everything happen at lunch time? You had no idea.

You closed your eyes and tried to think of the more relaxing, calming, and serene thing you knew. You imagined an orange and pink sunset, then a tropical island, and then a beach with soft waves, but nothing worked.

Defeated, you sat back up, and went over to your desk, hoping to be able to occupy yourself with drawing for a while.

You looked at the blank piece of paper, staring it down. Nothing was coming to you, which usually didn't happen. You forced yourself to make markings on the paper, but they came out as something sloppy, and unrecognizable. You crumpled up the paper and threw it onto the floor, not even trying to make it into the trash can. It went on like this for at least seven sheets. 

You gave up on that because you were taught not to force the creativity because the quality would be bad, and it wasn't good for the mind either.

You logged onto the computer and decided to see if there was anything on the yours and Kai's photo shoot.

A few articles and gallaries popped up, but there was one that caught your eye.

"Fresh Faces Talks About New Model, Kim Sarang!"

You clicked on it, and it took you to an article the CEO talking about you.

Kim Sarang is the latest addition to Fresh Faces, one of the most well known modeling agencies in Korea. Her first published piece was in the latest edition of Seoul Style with a couple concept with Kai, also from Fresh Faces. However, she wasn't supposed to be the model.

"Aha, yes. She wasn't the original model for that. It was supposed to be Ami, since she and Kai were dating and that it was a couple concept. But, Ami wasn't able to make it, and by chance, Kai brought Sarang to the shoot with him and she had the perfect face and everything, so we had her substitute last minute."

"Ah, how interesting! How did she handle everything with such late notice?" 

"She was fantastic! Sure, at first she was unfamiliar with the whole process, but once she got in front of the camera, Sarang worked it. We haven't seen talent like that for a long while now, since Kai first joined. You should've seen it."

"We wish we could have! What plans do you have for her next?"

"Well, the company and I are just hoping she adjusts well to this field, and want her to succeed just like all of our other models."

"I see. Now, do you sense any rivalry between models now that she's become an official member?" 

"Haha, I don't think so. Maybe some girls are jealous that she's so pretty, but really, they all got along quite well together, so there should be no worries."

"I heard that the both of them, Sarang and Kai, go to the same school. Do you have any thoughts on that?"

"Not really, no. It's just a better chance for them to bond and get to know each other better."

"Mhm. Ami better watch out, there's another pretty girl in town!"

Sarang is a 16 year old girl, who loves to draw, and is even fluent in Mandarin! Impressive!

Let's give our best to Sarang, and hope that she makes it far in the modeling world. Sarang, hwaiting!

 

You laughed at how well the CEO covered up any tension between you and Ami. It was like nothing ever happened. You were suprised that no one told you about this though. 

You hesitated to press the "show comments" button, but did it anyways. 

"Waahhh! She's so pretty! Sarang hwaiting! ^^"

"She's way prettier than Ami."

"Oh! I want her and Kai together! Kairang! kekekekkekekeke"

"NOOOO!!!!! I don't want her touching my Kai oppa!"

" better not Lay a finger on Kai. He belongs with Ami. KAMI!"

"Fresh Faces always gets the prettiest models..."

"She doesn't look plastic like Ami! I like her!"

" alert."

You stopped reading after a while and you got tired of it. 

You decided to go and take a walk because the house was starting to become stuffy to you. You were shocked that you were willingly to take a walk without a definite destination or a real reason.

"Umma! I'm going to take a walk!"

"Okay! Have fun!"

You grabbed your hoodie since it was getting cooler outside, and headed out. You decided you were going to walk on main street, since it was a pretty place with a happy atmosphere.

It had gotten dark quickly because of the changing season. You pulled the sleeve down your hands until they were covered. 

Since it was Friday, there were a lot of people walking the streets like you were. Some of them seemed to recognize you from the magazine. There was a stand selling a bunch of them too. You ducked your head and walked quickly past the bunch of people buying them. 

You stopped to admire the cake displays in the bakery when you felt someone tap your shoulder. 

"Hey."

"Oh, Lay! Hi!" you said, taking back what you thought before about not wanting to talk to him. His smile was so inviting that you forgot what had happened.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, looking at the wedding cake you were staring at.

"I just wanted to take a walk. What about you?"

"Same.."

The two of you talked about the next day's plans and walked at the same time, up and down the streets.

Lay also noticed that people were staring at you because they knew you from the cover.

"People really like you," he said, looking at the crowd of people buying the magazines clean from the shacks.

"No, they're getting them for Kai." Which was probably true in a sense.

"Okaayyyy, if that's what you think."

You giggled at his laid back attitude. 

A breeze blew by, chilling everything. You tensed in shivers and Lay noticed because he was cold too

He whistled and walked closer to  you.

You gave him a look.

"What? I'm cold." he said, smiling down at you.

You were about to say something when you heard someone say, "Hey! Miss on the cover!"

Two men were walking towards you and Lay. They both at to be at least six feet, and twice your weight. 

"Yes?"

They came over, and you realized they were drunk with the stench of alcohol coming from them.

Lay pulled you closer to him, sensing the danger in the two men.

"You're like...reaaallyyyyy pretttyyyyyy...." said the taller one.

"Yeahhh. You wanna..hehe...come with us..?"

You tried to refuse politely and walk away with Lay, but they weren't going to let that happen.

"No! You're coming with us!! You;re a pretty lady."

He took an iron grasp onto your shoulder and pulled you to them. Since you were so much smaller, you jerked forward, but Lay tugged you back to him.

"Oh? Feisty? How-"

You and Lay bolted before the man could finish his sentence.

"Get them!" 

They ran after you, and since their legs were so much longer, they were gaining on you and Lay. This was when you really wished that you exercised more often.

Lay saw how you were struggling to keep up, so he pulled you into an extremely cramped space bewteen the side of a building and a dumpster.

He pulled you to him, and it was so dark you couldn't see anything. You were in his strong and protective embrace. The both of you were breathing hard, either from running or from being this close to each other. Most likely both.

The two pedos ran right past and you began to get up, but Lay kept you down just to be safe. 

You turned your head because it was cramping, but you didn't know that Lay's face was right there.

In an instant...

your lips touched his.

 

A/N: This is a really long chapter, i just realized. The "I want her to be mine" is in that color because the both of them thought it at the same time, and blue and green combined is something like that color. Also, I didn't make the Chinese purple because they were the only two talking. o.o *gasp* What happens next?! Ahaha, thank you for reading and continuing to give me support subs and comments! 

<3