What's Your Wish?

Five Six, Seven Eight

One month had passed since you had officially signed the contract with Fresh Faces. Your friends supported you dearly, and always pushed you to do what made you happy. 

The company threw you a small one month aniversary party the other day, with some of the other models, including Kai, but Ami was still in Japan, thank goodness.

You heard from the others that she was the worst person to be around ever. 

"Never get her mad. Just don't...or you'll pay." quoting Mina, your sunbae.

It wasn't just an important date in your modeling career, it was an important date in someone's life too, someone who you cared a lot about.

It was Lay's birthday, the seventh of October.

You spent all weekend, working up until late at night or early morning on his gift. You poured you heart into this one painting that be had better like. If he didn't, you could just go and jump off a cliff.

It was a painting of a dancing silhouette; Lay.

The first lunch performence was still freshly imprinted under your eyelids, even though you've seen him dance while practicing many other times. You were able to replay it no problem.

The background was an abstract collage of all of Lay's favorite things, like dance, music, guitar, and even junk food. You put a bag of Lay's in the corner just to poke a little fun at his nickname and his love for junk food.

You used his favorite colors, and just hoped that he liked it.

The reason you didn't buy him something was because he was complaining about how his walls were so empty, and he needed something to hang up.

You brought it to school carefully boxed in a bag to give it to him after school.

But, he wasn't at school.

You immediately went to Chen to ask during first period, since Lay and Luhan were living with him when his mom went back to China.

"He's at home, sick with the flu, a pretty bad one."

"Dang...on his birthday?" 

He nodded, then put a finger to his lips and pointed to the board as a signal to pay attention.

You made your mind that you were to visit him after school. Hyukie was with a relative, so it would work out.

You, Xiumin, D.O., and the other Chinese students all decided to visit Lay at Chen's and throw him an in bed celebration. No one should be sick and alone on their birthday.

 

You and the others arrived at Chen's doorstep. His mom greeted and hurried you inside, trying not to let Lay know about anything. It was supposed to be a surprise. You bought some ginger tofu pudding that he liked from the store, since cake isn't good for a weak stomach, or so D.O. said. You really had no idea.

You all took off your shoes, and helped light the candles you had melted onto a plate.

You stopped outside of the room he and Luhan shared. Chen whispered, "Hana, deul, set," then you all opened the door together.

"Seng il chook ha hamni da~~Seng il chook ha hamni da~! Sa rang ha nuen Layyy~.Seng il chook ha hamni da!!" you all sang, maybe slightly off key....you admitted you were the one a little off, but that was okay because Lay seemed happy regardless.

His pale face seemed to regain a little color as a smile broke across his super gorgeusly attractive angel face. 

"What? You guys didn't have to," he stopped to cough, "Ahem, 'scuse me, do this for me! You might get sick too!"

"We don't care! Happy Birthday!" shouted Kris.

"Chen and I live here, so if we get sick....who cares!" 

"Sarang has a present for you too!" said D.O.

You suddenly became embarrassed about your gift. You were afraid he wouldn't like it and it woudln't be good enough for him. You were usually proud of your art, but that was one of the rare times you didn't want to show it.

"Gimme gimme gimme gimme!" Lay joked, eyeing the bag that was in your hand.

You took a deep breath and handed him the yellow bag with the box in it.

He smiled at the package, and began to carefully open it. He started with the heart felt card that took you ten tries to get right. You looked around the room to avoid looking at his reactions.

Dearest Lay, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You've become my lifesaver, my teacher, and one of my bestest friends. You've dealt with my dancing, slowness at math, and just me in general, and you never seemed to have a problem with it. If you did, you're really good at hiding it. Because of you, I've made more friends than I've had in forever ever since you sat at mine and D.O,'s lunch table. Thanks for that. I needed it. I think it's so cool how you're so multi talented. I could go on and on about how awesome you are, but Kris is probably tapping his foot and rolling his eyes while waiting for you to finish. I just want to wish you a happy birthday, and many more to come. About the gift...if you don't like it, I'll make you another one, but you really have to like it since I put so much work into it!  ㅎ_ㅎHehe, I'm just kidding. It's okay if you don't like it. I will tell you one more time in case you forgot the message of this lonnnggg card. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

                                                                                                                                                                   -Sarang 

He laughed, and put the card back into the envelope, which you took as a sign of him liking what you had written.

His hands when to the bag, and you stopped breathing. 

Lay carefully took the box out of the bag, and began to open it. You wanted to run out of there so that you wouldn't see the dissappointment on his face.

Finally, he took it out of its box. You wanted to know whether or not he like it so badly, but you didn't at the same time.

He looked at it for a moment, with his eyebrows sinched.

"Sarang..."

"Yeah?"

"I don't like it."

Your heart fell to the floor. All of those hours sitting on that stupid stool, risking a bruised for this?

He looked at you, serious.

"I don't like it," he said again, "I LOVE IT!"

Everyone from behind laughed out loud.

"Layyy! You little..." you paused for a second, "Aish, I can't be mad at you on your birthday. Never do that to me again!"

He laughed, "Yes Sarang."

"Wait! The candles and pudding!" reminded Tao.

The candles were half the size of before, with most of it melted all over the cake.

"Turn off all the lights!"

It soon became dark in the room after the curtains were drawn.

You carried the plate over to Lay, and then said, "Make a wish!" quietly to match the atmosphere.

He closed his eyes, and smiled. He blew out all seventeen candles with one breath and opened his eyes.

"What's your wish?" asked D.O., taking the candles from you.

Lay simple shook his head no, and zipped his mouth shut, locked it, and threw out the key.

He looked at you as you were getting the pudding.

I wish that you'd me mine....

 

A/N: Hi! I'M SO THORRY FOR NOT UPDATING I'M AWFUL I KNOW! I've been so busy, and yeah...but here's one for you guys even if it is a bit rushed. 

The card was written in blue italics because it was Lay reading it in his head.

Oh yeah...THANK YOU FOR OVER 90 SUBSCRIBERS! I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH I VALUE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU. OH MY KRISUS! TT.TT  

HEY YOU!

YEAH! TO THE PERSON READING THIS RIGHT NOW!