That's the problem.

Five Six, Seven Eight

You ran upstairs with Kai and Lay behind you.

You went to Hwa Yi's old room and yanked the door open. The walls were still the same light blue color, but her belongings were replaced by boxes and suitcases. The twin sized bed was unmade, and the crying was still going on.

"Where is he?" you asked Kai.

"Close the door and I will tell you."

How could he seem so calm when his brother was screaming his little lungs off?

You closed it, and waited for an answer. He simply nodded his head to the room at the end of the hallway, which you remembered as the master bedroom.

As soon as you opened the door, and crying magnified by 100. It was like the cartoons where you could feel the wind blow in your face.

You went over to the cradle and picked up Hyukie. You bounced him in your arms, and cooed him to settle down. He stopped crying, and reduced down to sniffles.

"Aw, good Hyukie. It's okay, I gotcha." 

Lay looked at you like a father watching his wife bond with their love child. He found girls who were good with kids attractive. His smile couldn't be contained.

, she really does look cute like this. (Kai's thoughts will be in green italics)

Kai bit his lip at that thought. He was supposed to be dating Ami. 

Right then and there, he realized that there that be maybe, just maybe, liked you. Ever since the first day, he felt...something. It was something that he had never felt with Ami before. During lunch, he found himself sneeking peeks at you with your new friends. Deep down, he wanted to take one of their places.

He secretly listened in on all of you conversations with D.O. in homeroom, seeing what you said about him, whether it be bad or good. He liked hearing his name come out of your lips.

He thought you were pretty too, much prettier than Ami. 

But, he couldn't have feelings for you. 

Ami. That's the problem.

He looked over at Lay. He knew exactly what was going on between the two. He saw how Lay always looked after you, and how you always blushed. Something stirred in his stomach when he saw your arms around Lay's waist, even though he didn't show it.

"Kai, hold your brother. I need to make him food."

You handed him Hyukie. Kai awkwardly held in his broad arms. He didn't really hold him that often. Hyukie sort of awkwardly layed in Kai's arms, and tried to roll around a few times.

Kai loved his brother, and thought he was cute and wanted to pinch his cheeks, but he didn't know the first thing about caring for a baby. 

Lay noticed his troubles and laughed.

He held out his hands as a signal to tell Kai to hand over the baby.

Kai didn't want to, but for Hyukie's safety, he did.

Lay held him like how you did, with his arm under the baby's , and the other one supporting his back, and the baby looking behing your shoulder.

Meanwhile, you were reading the directions she left on the kitchen counter. 

There were cans of baby food in the fridge, but you hated feeding that stuff to kids. It tasted awful.

You decided to look for some carrots and and peas. It was a classic baby food pairing, and all you needed to do was cook them then puree it.

When you found them, you heard footsteps going down the stairs.

You expected Kai to be holding Hyukie, but instead, Lay was. He looked totally comfortable holding someone else's kid. Hyukie was playing with the ends of Lay's hair.

Kai didn't look as cold as he usually did, but you were just focusing on the baby food.

"What are you doing? There's already food in the fridge," Kai reminded.

"This is a lot better for him, and that stuff is disgusting."

He smirked.

"You've eaten it before?"

Your eyes became wide. 

"What? No! Only like a spoonful.." you admited.

He laughed. It sounded almost...genuine.

You went back to peeling and cooking the carrots. You threw the peas in along with the carrot chunks into the boiling water. After that, you just blended them in the blender.

Lay set Hyukie in his little play crib that was in the living room.

"Do you need any help?" he asked, walking over to you.

"Huh? Oh, no. I'm done already. While this stuff cools, let's look at some videos."

You and him walked over to where you sat earlier.

"Kai, aren't you coming?" you asked.

He walked over without another word, and sat next to you on the floor.

You pretended not to notice the presence of two hot guys on each side of you. 

"Sarang...you're bleeding!"

"What? I am?"

Oh...I am..

You accidentally cut yourself without knowing while slicing the carrots. How could you not have noticed?

It was on your left pointer finger, and blood was oozing out of the wound.

Kai went to get the bandages, then Lay grabbed your wrist and pulled you to the sink.

"Lay, it's okay! I'll be fine!"

"You have to wash this well or else you could get an infection!"

He held your hand as if it were made of fragile glass. After turning on cool water, he slid your finger under the running water.

You winced at the sharp pain, and watched as the pink water drained to Narnia.

Then it hit you.

Lay is holding my hand.

 

A/N: Hiii! I had a little writer's block, but I managed to get something out for you guys!

I've recently hit 50 subscribers. THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL. Really. It means more than you could ever imagine. I really didn't think I was very worthy of subscribers. You guys are my motivation, and a big reason why I'm still updating. Thanks so much.

<3