OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE

Five Six, Seven Eight

 

You were the first to arrive at the dance studio the following morning. Kai and Lay had been doing pretty well at trying to get you to dance, even if it did take extensive explanations and massive patience. 

You put your bag onto the floor by the corner, and started to get ahead in stretching. You were glad to notice that you didn't run out of breath as easily, and you were able to touch your toes, thanks to your teachers. You felt like there was hope in you to not totally mess things up.

You hummed to yourself, thinking about what the three of you were going to get done and how hard it'll be, but you soon found yourself thinking about something more complicated than a girl on her period. Kai. 

You were so confused at that point. This guy, who's a famous model and dancer did not want anything to do with you in the beginning. He ignored you, and when he did decide to talk to you, he said something rude or mean. But, he took you in when you were sick, and you saw sides to him that you didn't know existed. And last night, Kai actually made himself open up to you. 

You thought back to what happened last night on the roof.

"Who is she?"

He looked at you, ready to give the answer. But, he couldn't do it. His tough cool walls crumbled down, and he chickened out. He couldn't figure out why it was so hard for him. 

Kai sighed. "She's someone who I care about a lot. At first, I didn't want her in my life, but now I'm glad she is. I just hope she likes me back.

He hoped that was a big enough hint for you, and that you were at least smart enough to figure out that "she" was you.

"Oh mayb-"

"Darlings! Time to go back down now!" 

You were going to tell him to just tell the girl he liked her. No other female would be right in their mind if Kai confessed and turn him down. 

You were about to leave when he asked you one last thing.

"What is Lay to you?"

You blushed the instant his name was mentioned. You remembered back to what had happened in the alley. You sighed. Nothing was totally confirmed. Yet.

"I honestly don't know..."

You looked at Kai, and for a second, there was a mix of emotions in his dark mysterious eyes. Was it disappointment? Discouragement? Hope? You didn't know.

Yes. Maybe I still have a chance...

 

 

Thinking about the Kai from last night made something move inside of you. That boy with a cheesy dream drew you in just a little bit  more than usual, but it was enough to get you thinking. 

Am I....? No, no. I like Lay.

You were pulled back into reality from your inner thoughts by the sound of the door opening. 

"I'm here!" said a voice that made you jump in giddiness. 

Lay walked into the room, looking stunning even if he was just wearing a dark grey v-neck shirt and black sweatpants with a navy blue hoodie. 

You were about to say hi when someone else was heard.

"Well, I'm here too." said Kai, pushing the door back open just as it was about to close.

"Hey guys." you casually said, masking your emotions.

You didn't know whether or not to just pretend as if nothing happened. Like you and Lay had never kissed, and that you and Kai never had that talk up on the roof.

" You're here early today," Kai noticed, putting down his bag.

"Well, maybe you two are just late," you teased.

"Ah, whatever. Let's just get on with this. Kai and I were talking, and we wanted to take a break from the show routine, and do a fun dance for today!" Lay enthusiastically said.

"...define 'fun'..." you slowly said, a little scared of what they had in plan.

 

____________________________________________

 

"EEYYYYYY Y LADY, OP-OP-OP-OP OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE."

So this is what they meant by fun....

The three of you were going to jam out to Psy's biggest hit, "Gangnam Style". You heard it everywhere, and it had gone viral all across the globe. You liked the song, and the dance seemed fun, but you didn't even bother to try dancing to it.

"Do you know any other famous Kpop dances?" Kai asked, turning the song down to a lower volume.

You thought for a second.

"I know the entire dance to "Davichi and T-ara's 'We Were in Love"."

Kai looked at you stranglely.

"Um...that doesn't have a dance..." Lay remarked, cracking a smile.

You grinned. "Exactly."

"Well, this should be a pretty easy thing to learn, even for you," Kai said, rolling his neck.

You and the other two spent the next twenty minutes analyzing the dance, watching parts of the music video over and over again, laughing at the man in the elevator every time. 

At ten minutes, Kai and Lay already had the dance down pat, doing almost as well as Psy, but not quite. No one's swag level was that high. You, on the other hand, sort of got the basic movements down. Sort of. You just couldn't get your body to move to the beat like everyone else did, which frustrated you. You wondered how you could do a full routine without being able to do something as simple as this. It had already been over a month of weedkly sessions, but it seemed like the three of you were getting nowhere because of your lack of skills.

"It's a left, right, left, left, right, left, right, right pattern. Let's try again, just say it in your head."

You blew out a deep sigh, and did as told. 

Left, right, left, left, right, left, right, right.

 

You said it right in your mind, but your feet did otherwise. It was like they had a mind of their own, and refused to do what your brain told them to do. It was beyond annoying.

"Yeah...I'm not learning this dance anytime soon..." you mumbled loud enough for them to hear.

"You can do it! Sarang Fighting!" Lay cutely said, raising his fist.

You smiled at him. Ever since the kiss, he's been even nicer to you, if that was even possible, and he helped you more, and there was this airy and light aura to him that you didn't quite understand, but it seemed like it was meant only for you.

But, Kai saw it too. He noticed how Lay put a hand on your shoulder, and how he looked down at you with eyes that obviously were meant for more than friends, and he saw how you looked at him and blushed. Kai was upset that he wouldn't get a reaction like that from you. He needed to step up his game a whole lot more, and show him the real Kai that he is, or at least more than what he showed you up on the roof top.

"Maybe this isn't the right approach for you. There's probably a better way to do this..." he said.

Although Lay's Korean was still a little shaky, it had improved a whole lot, and he was able to understand what Kai was saying, and nodded in agreement. 

Unlike Kai, he didn't really feel the competition to get you. He felt like that it was your choice, and as long as you were happy, he was okay with it, even if he wasn't the one you chose. However, he knew that he had it in the bag ever since the kiss. You and him were this close to being official.

"Uh, maybe we should just jam out to the song and see what happens," you suggested.

"You really think that'll work?"

"Worth a try."

Normally, you wouldn't have suggested that idea because you didn't want to embarrass yourself in front of other people. This time, you felt comfortable enough with Lay, and even with Kai to do mostly whatever. You had already made a fool of yourself plenty of times in front of them before, so what would make this any different, right?

"Let's go!" said Lay, going to turn the stereo on high.

 

"OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE"

 

From there on was something that was meant to stay between the three of you, and the three of you only.

Arms and legs were everywhere, and there was more energy than when an oldie won a bingo game. There was no stopping it. Even Kai, the model, let loose. He hip ed, did the noodle, body waves and you didn't even know what to call the rest, but it warmed you on the inside to see such a bright smile on his face.

Lay was also quite the party animal. He was fist pumping, and moving his legs in all directions, clearly not caring about what he looked like. He still followed to the beat, just in an extremely funky way, which you liked. Like Kai, he had a huge grin plastered onto his face, making his dimple super prominent. 

You just let it all go. Arms, legs, hips, feet, head, everything. You saw yourself a few time in the mirror and almost died laughing. You skipped around and failed your arms, and even copied Lay's booty pop and Kai's crotch grab. You broke out the age old sprinkler too. Lay and Kai imitated you, and you all started to laugh. You had never felt so united like this with any other people. It was something that you were definitely missing out on. You felt accepted.

When the last chorus came, you decided to give the horse dance another try, you were already a beast during most of the song, so why not? It couldn't really get any worse.

And...go! Left, right, left, left, right, left, right, right!

Kai and Lay had the same plan as you and jumped on their invisible horses at the same time and...

You did it! You actually danced to Gangnam Style properly!

Your feet and arms did what your mind told you, and you had never felt more proud of yourself in your life. The beat surged through you, and took control. It was a breakthrough for you. 

This is what it must feel like for them...to be one with the music.

"You got it!" praised Kai.

You smiled and continued with the song, and ended with your hand under your chin.

The song ended, and you all looked at each other. Your bun was messed up, and you were breathing heavy while sweating, but you didn't care. 

"Well, I that went well, right?" Lay asked you and Kai.

You and Kai nodded.

"Hey Sarang," Kai called.

"Hm?"

"You can dance pretty well, you know that?"

 
 
A/N: HELLO MY LOVELIES! It's  been a week, I apologize. I got sick, and school, and arrgh. I know this was probably a y update, but I felt like I needed to get something up for you guys. So, yeah. I've been listening to Psy non stop, and I always spazz to it to myself in my room. Hey, don't pretend like you don't do that too. I know you've all done it at least once, haha. I hope you guys like this update!
 
Speaking of updating, I have another Tumblr account now, for gifs and edits of Exo----> HERE
 
Sooo, yeah. :3
 
Thanks for reading!
 
<3