Really?

Five Six, Seven Eight

 

"Come on! We're going to be late now!" you yelled up the stairs.

It was Saturday afternoon, and you had to get to the photo shoot location which was forty-five minutes away, and your mom didn't seem to care about the fact that you were already running late.

"I'm coming! Gosh, you need to learn how to loosen up, honey." she said, walking down the stairs in a leisurely manner.

"But this is my very first shoot where I'm actually supposed to be the model, Mom. It's important!"

You were beyond nervous about this. The first photo shoot only happened because Ami couldn't make it. If it weren't for that, you wouldn't have been signed into the company. You had to make a good impression, or at least have them like you. 

You put your iPod up high in the car so that you wouldn't have to listen to her go on and on about who knows what, but you had an idea about what she was drabbling on and on about.

"What couple name do you want? Salay? Saray? Layrang? Ooh, how about Layranghae? Get it? Like saranghae- are you listening to me?"

You looked at her through the rearview mirror and nodded with a "Yep" but you heard nothing.

She sighed, and even though she knew you weren't listening, she said, "I know you like him. Don't deny it sweetie. Love is a beautiful thing, just like you, which is why I named you Sarang."

You arrived right just a minute before three, which was barely passing by as on time. 

You walked into the unfamiliar studio building, and as soon as the lady at the desk saw you, she guided you over to room 12.

Everyone was already there, including Kai, who was getting his hair done.

"Finally! Let's get you ready right away! My name is Alex, and I'm the photographer. Let's get you into some dresses, yes?" he said in a blur. You didn't really pay attention since you were so distracted by his hot pink hair spiked about seven inches up into the air in all directions.

"Uh..okay."

As soon as that was said, you were shooed over to makeup. This time, there was a theme with shimmer, used on the lips, eyes, and on highpoints of you face. The eyes were your favorite part still, with shimmering blues, just like tropical waters.

The assistants gave you a dress to put on, which was a medium sleeveless blue number that hugged your body until your hips, and from there, it went out in ruffles until right before your knees. It had rhinestones embellishing the top and edges, which you very much liked.

You stepped out and was forced to hair, which ended up being a half up do with bouncy curls, and lots of volume. Different from the usual you, but it was a good kind of different, refreshing really.

Kai was all set by the time you were done.  He wore a plain and simple suit with a twist. There were sparkly blue decorations here and there, like by the pocket and end of the sleeves. There was also a blue flower in his left pocket, right over his heart. His hair was waved, and it laid perfectly on his handsome little head. In other words, he was really, really attractive. 

"Are you ready?" he asked, looking at you.

"No. I'm just all dressed up for the late afternoon tea with the queen," you said with sarcasm.

"Woah there, no need to get nasty on me," he said, putting his hands up in defense, laughing.

What was with him? He seemed a lot.....nicer. You knew that he had been treating you better, but this was a notch higher. Kai wasn't quite at the laughing level of comfort with you yet.

I think someone drugged his coffee....

"Chip chop you two! Let's start now! We've got a lonngggg way to go." said  Alex, gesturing towards the set.

It was rather simple, with a grey background, and a chair, along with a few other random props. You guessed that the bland set was to let the outfits shine more.

The lighting was tampered with until Alex was satisfied. You and Kai stepped onto the set, and began to model.

"You two look good together! Just like real prom dates!" complimented a coordi unni, or at least you took it as a compliment seeing that Kai was gorgeous and she just said you looked good with him.

You blushed a little, looked down, and tucked some hair behind your ear without knowing it.

"Right there! Yes, that color in your cheeks add a....a....feel. Think lovey dovey! Both of you!"

Kai looked at you as a pose. It was a good position, and it gave him an excuse to look at you for a little longer.

Maybe I should tell her tonight....

----------------------------------------

 

It was about seven o'clock, and you and Kai had torn through countless outfits, from long and flowy, to tight and short, with ruffles, sequins, buttons, and everything in between.

"Okay, it's getting dark and the stars are out. We have one last set that I want to try."

He lead the two of you out into the corridor, took the elevator all the way up.

"I think you'll really like this."

Alex had lead you to the rooftop, which over looked the city that had lights like a thousand Christmas trees. 

"Wahhhh.." you sighed, with eyes like *__*

There was a few lights set up, but other than that, you were pretty sure the sight was the view from behind the railing.

"Alrighty, I want you two to stand, looking out at the city with backs to me. I want to capture Sarang's dress from behind. The roses are to pretty to ignore."

You and Kai did as told, and looked over the view as Alex took photos from different angles and telling the two of you to look "dreamy".

A breeze blew over, and being that it was autumn, it was rather cold.

You shivered a bit, but tried to make it as less noticeable as possible.

"Are you cold, oka- oh! Kai, get closer to her and put your arm around her or something!"

You stood still as Kai looped his arm around you, pulling you in so that your head ended up leaning on his shoulder. His heart thudded so loud in his chest that he was afraid that you'd listen and hear it. 

"Why are you so stiff? It's just me," acting like he was cool.

You loosened up a little. 

Yes, it is just Kai. One of the people everyone thinks I'm dating, and the reason that I'm almost every girl's rival at school. Mhm, just Kai.

He noticed that you still weren't really comfortable yet, so he decided to calm down a bit.

"Hey, I have something funny to tell you."

You eyed him. "What?"

He smiled. "Monkey bang bang."

You lost it completely. You didn't know why, but that made you laugh so much, which showed how immature you can get.

He laughed with you, pulling you in closer sub-consciously.

Everyone from downstairs had gone to the roof to see how it was going. They all stood there, watching the two of you laugh.

"They're so cute together!"

"Omo...their future children will be gorgeous I bet."

The last few shots were taken and then Alex said, "Okay, I'm going to go and check out how these came out. You can do whatever until we need you again, okay?"

Everyone left you and Kai there alone.

"That was fun, wasn't it?" he asked, resting on the railing, looking over the city.

"Yeah, it was. I hope the pictures came out okay..." you said, trailing off at the end.

"I bet you came out great. Don't underestimate yourself," he said, looking at you with gentle eyes that you had never seen on him before. It was so strange, yet warming to you heart. That type of gaze was similar to the kind that Lay looked at you with, but you just didn't quite register the comparison yet.

"Hey, what do you want to do when you're older?" he asked, titling his head to the side.

You thought for a bit, then found a reasonable answer.

"I think I'll keep modeling for a while and see how that goes, but I'd really like to go to college for art and have a carreer with it."

He nodded with his lower lip coming out, as if approving the idea.

"That seems like a good plan...."

"What do you want to do?" you asked back, curious.

Kai smiled and looked down, embarrassed almost..

"I want to...I want to keep doing this, but I also want to dance because I love it so much. I want to be able to teach others, and do it for a living, and then I can have a family..."

You looked at him in awe. Kai, the seemingly cold blooded model had dreams and a goal? Really? But, the way that he said it, with so much meaning and emotion, and that look in his eyes...it made you feel drawn to him for Jongin, not Kai, the model. A small part of that wall crumbled.

"I think you could make a pretty good living off of that," you said honestly.

You replayed the entire day in your head. They way that Kai didn't hesitate to have physical contact with you, the way he smile and laughed, and how he initiated a conversation when ever he could made you realize that he wasn't a bad person at all. You also felt like there was someone staring at you certain times.

"Hey, guess what the company did today?"

"What's that?"

He beamed.

"They made Ami and me 'break up'." 

Your jaw dropped. Why would they do that? Did she really tell on Kai about the whole sick thing? Ot maybe it was just their decision?

"Oh really? I bet you're really happy about that." you said, laughing to yourself. You bet that being freed from Ami was like walking out into the daylight after being handcuffed to a rock in a deep dark cave for months.

Kai laughed again. "Yeah, you have no idea. I feel so free and released." He put his arms out to the side, a if he were flying.

"So, are you free to date now? y, free, and single?"  you joked, quoting him from earlier.

"Yes 'mam. Now, I can try and win this girl over without getting screwed over by Ami."

You were confused. You didn't know he liked anyone, and you wondered if you knew her.

"Who is she?"

 

A/N: OKAY HI! I AM NOT DEAD OKAY? I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I hope you found this chapter at least okay. My brain has been derping off on my lately.  I tried to put some Kairang in here...but...yeah....

I think I'm having a little too much fun playing battleship with you guys haha.

Thank you for reading!