Sleeping Boy

Five Six, Seven Eight

 

Sighing, you put down your pen, and decided to take a break from the never ending math worksheets. It’s not like you were going to become some math geek when you’re older. You cringed at the thought of doing complicated math problems for the entire day when you could barely handle fifty minutes of a lesson.

Slumping in your chair, you looked up to look out of the window that was right in front.

A white moving trailer caught your eye. It was parked in front of the house to the left of yours, which had been vacant for around a year.

Your spirits lifted a little at the thought of possibly getting a nice neighbor. You had one who lived in the house that was about to be occupied. There was a lady in her early 30’s and her three year old daughter, little Hwa Yi You’d babysit her every day, and you always looked forward to it. Since her bedroom window, and your other window on the wall to your right faced each other, and your houses were very close together, you and her would make silly faces to each other. The memories of all the holidays, and meals together made you smile, until you remembered the accident. Hwa Yi’s mother got into an accident, and she had to move away with her aunt. You never had any contact with her ever since.

In the house to the right of yours, lived an old man, who yelled at everyone and everything. He always somehow found a reason to me angry, and you even saw him kicking a stray puppy. In the house in front, lived a somewhat rich family, who always turned their noses up at everyone, and thought they were too good to be associated with anyone else “lower” than them. Psh, they’ve gone lower than a barefoot Kim Jonghyun’s self-esteem standing next to Minho.

Shortly after, a navy blue mini-van pulled up behind the truck. In the driver’s seat, was a woman, who couldn’t look happier to leave her old home and move.  There was a sleeping figure, a male, in the passenger’s seat, with his arms crossed, and a black cap on his head. The woman said something to the unmoving boy. She climbed out of the car, and went to the back seat, where she took out a baby, who wore the same grin as her. They went over to the front of their new home, and disappeared into it.

You attention went back to the sleeping boy. He wore a dark blue sweatshirt, and a white t-shirt underneath it. His face looked sweet and innocent as he slept. The two features that struck you the most was his skin color, and lips. His skin was darker than your average Korean guy, but it gave him a more masculine feel. And his lips, your eyes widened at how full they were.  Even from your second story window, you could clearly see the fullness of them.

Then, out of completely nowhere, he opened his eyes and looked right at you, as if he knew you were examining his facial features. His gaze was so piercing that it alarmed you, and made your adrenaline pump.

“Omo!”

Now, your intent was to hide under the desk, but instead, you somehow whacked  your forehead onto the table, sending a wave of pain.

You slowly made your way under the desk, pushing the chair out of the way.

You put your hand up to the painful spot, already feeling the throbbing bump that was forming.

“Ow…”

 

Hello lovlies! First chapter is up! I'm sorry it's so short T.T I just needed something to get this started. Don't mind typos, I'm sorry I'm lazy. Please comment and tell me what you think, and if you like it, feel free to subscribe! Peace!