I don't mind at all

Five Six, Seven Eight

 

After being forced to stretch properly, your legs did feel a little more flexible.

Thinking about Kai’s nicest words to you yet made you feel rather flustered on the inside. You had no idea why. He’s never said anything to you before that was remotely kind.

“How about you dance a little for us so that we can see what skill level you’re at,” suggested Lay.

Kai looked at you, expecting you to agree.

Well, they’re going to have to see me dance soon enough. Might as well do it now.

“Fine…but don’t laugh at me! Promise?”

“Pinky.”

He walked over and held out his pinky to you. You gladly linked your own pinky around his, and your thumbs met at the top.

Here it goes…

You decided to do a dance you’ve known since you were young. It was the only dance that you could do without falling over or tripping.

You took a deep breath and decided to begin.

You placed your hands at the top of your head, then you moved them to your shoulders, then knees, then toes and repeated it.

“Are you…doing the ‘Head Shoulders Knees and Toes’ dance?” Kai questioned, about to laugh.

Too adorable. Ami would never do something like that in front of me.

"Is that really the only thing you can do?" Lay asked, really trying not to laugh like he promised. No one can break a pinky promise.

"...Yes."

He bit his lip, knowing he and Kai had their work cut out for them.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

You flopped down onto the floor in a pool of your own sweat, blood, and tears. Your chest heaved up and down as homeostasis tried to take over, and you saw the ceiling double up and move.

Closing your eyes, your tried to gain back your composition.

You felt a cool napkin pressed onto your forehead, Your eyes flew open, expecting it to be Lay, but instead it was Kai.

You felt like you were seeing things, or your vision wasn't quite cleared yet. You blinked hard a few more times.

Nope, he's still there.

You sat up as best as you can, still keeping the paper towel on your head.

"Where's Lay?" you asked, noticing there was a person missing.

"He went to heat up our food." he replied, leaning back onto the mirror.

You looked at the clock. It was around 1 o'clock. You felt a little sick before, but you quickly became hungry.

You looked at Kai, who was staring off into space.

"Thanks for the paper towel." you said, giving him a chance.

"You know, I just gave it to you because you looked kind of sick, and I didn't want to clean up your vomit."

"Fine then. I take that thanks back."

Lay came in just in time with warm food that smelled wonderful.

"FOOD!" you yelled, feeling better again.

Lay laughed and handed you your lunch pack. You didn't know what your mom had packed you since you didn't check.

You saw a containter with rice, and another with meat and kimchi, and a canteen with a little veggie soup.

Oh my god, this looks so good. I love you umma. I forgive your for what happened in the car.

You saw that Lay had dumplings, and your jaw dropped. 

He saw you staring down at them, and chuckled.

"Why are you always wanting to eat my food?"

You had eaten half his lunch three times this week, which you realized is a bit much.

"I'm not the one who brought the dumplings! I'll trade you."

He looked at your food.

"I want some meat." he said, pointing his chopsticks at the container of pork.

"Deal."

He gave you three dumplings in exchange for four pieces of meat.

You gushed over the filling as you popped the first one in.

"Oh my gosh, Lay, what did your mom put in this? It's amazing."

"I don't know...she never tells anyone, but they're good, arent they?"

You nodded, shoving another one into your mouth.

You looked at Kai, and noticed how his lunch was much smaller than yours and Lay's.

"Is that all you're having?" you asked, looking at his half a bowl of rice, meat, and a few vegetable chunks.

"Yeah. I have a photoshoot tomorrow, and I can't eat too much the day before." he said, spooning some rice into his mouth.

"So...you're on a diet?" you asked.

"Basically."

You hated how models had to diet. Kai was a teenage boy at like 182 cm, who danced a lot. He needs to eat a lot more than what he's consuming at the moment.

Lay almost read your mind, and went over to Kai. He scraped some of his rice and meats into Kai's container, and you did the same.

"I never asked for your food," he said, looking at what was given to him.

"You didn't have to." said Lay.

He really didn't. You saw the way that Kai looked back and forth from his "meal" to yours and Lay's. He was obviously hungry.

Kai didn't complain any further, and ate the food, and finished it off.

When you were packing away the empty containers, a huge crack of thunder and lighting boomed outside.

You jumped a bit at the sudden noise.

You hadn't realized it had been down pouring.

"The news didn't say anything about rain until tomorrow," Kai said, looking out the window.

There was a very big and bright lightning flash that seemed to have struck somewhere close.

The lights flickered once, or at least you thought it did. You couldn't tell whether it was because you blinked or if it was the lights.

"Did you guys see that?" Lay asked.

You and Kai nodded.

Good, I'm not going insane.

The lights then went out, and the thunder followed the lightning. You crawled over to wear Kai and Lay were.

The three of you were sitting in the corner on the floor. The only lights were from your phones, and you could only see the shadow like figures of each other.

You sighed, then decided to sit indian style instead of with your knees folded to the side.

You accidentally kicked someone, but you couldn't tell who it was.

"Sorry!" you apologized.

Then, there was a boom of thunder so loud, it seemed to shake the building.

You jumped in fear. You hated the dark and thunder with a passion.

You clawed at the air in search for someone to hang on to, hoping it would be Lay.

You then latched onto a muscley arm, but you couldn't tell who it was because they both had nice biceps and triceps.

"You okay?" asked the voice of the arm's owner.

It was Lay.

"No..." you said, not wanting to pull the old "I'm fine" stunt when you clearly weren't.

"You're afraid of thunder and the dark, aren't you?" he asked.

"Yes..how did you know?"

"Because my sister is the same as you. Just close your eyes and sleep for a little bit until it passes. That's what I always tell her to do."

You took his advice, and began to lay on the floor, but he stopped you.

"Your back will hurt if you lie there."

You sat back up.

"There's no where else to lie down."

"Here," he said, moving.

Well, you at least you think he moved. you couldn't quite tell because it was so dark.

"Um..Lay..I can't see."

He sighed and pulled you to him. He leaned against the wall, and your had was by his shoulder and pit area. His arm was wrapped around you, giving you warmth and support. You were awkwardly stiff at first, but then you trusted him enough to loosen up. 

"What about you?"

"I'm fine with you here. My sister does this all the time. I don't mind at all."

Especially since you're with me.

You laid there, closing your eyes, and feeling his breath on the top of your head. His breathing was calm and soothing, and his heartbeat was the same. You were on his left side, so you listened to his heartbeat as it lulled you to sleep.

Kai sat there, and watched the two figures, feeling like a third wheel. He stared longingly at how young you looked as you slept, and how Lay had his arm around you. He wished he could be like Lay. Nice, and kind, but this cool model image was imprinted on him and his personality.

The only sound in the room was the pitter patter of the rain and thunder...and a few soft snores from you.

 

A/N: Hi! So, um I don't have much to say this chapter, other than this: Sorry if absolutely nothing makes sense. I'm more tired than Grandpa Suho after a run on a treadmill at two in the morning. I have no idea what's coming out of this keyboard at the moment LOL.

As always, thanks for reading!