Do I mean something?

Five Six, Seven Eight

Lay became the music as he moved with it. There was no seam where Lay an the beat met. They were one.

He moved slick and smooth, with passion. Your mouth hung open as you gawked at him. Charisma oozed from every part of him as he danced.

You took a moment to look back at your tablemates' faces. They looked like you did. Even Kris looked amazed.

Kai stood there, with no emotion on his face. For a split second, he looked lost and defeated. That look was erased, and replaced with a smirk on his lips.

He rolled his neck back and forth, and began to resume dancing.The cafeteria was silent, because everyone, even the lunch monitor was watching in awe as these two gorgeous boys had a dance battle.

Lay stopped dancing, and let Kai have his spotlight for a bit. Something about Kai's dancing changed. He seemed more focused, and he played more with the crowd. There was a move where he lifted up his shirt slightly, like in f(x)'s "Nu ABO".

Girls squeeled in delight, and you swear you saw a camera flash. You admit you felt something tug on you too as he exposed his abs. You heard Kris scoff.

Kai stopped dancing, and let Lay challenge him. There was no language barrier here. 

The song changed to a more smooth song, somthing similar to SHINee's Replay. Lay changed like tides with the music. He went from a hot and firey, to a calm sea at night. His movements became fluid, rather than sharp, and you were instantly calmed.

"GO LAY!" you heard someone shout. 

"That's our Lay." said Tao.

The principal poked his head into the cafeteria, and then stood by the door to watch. No one noticed because they were so fixed on the two dancers.

He stood there, smiling at his two new students.

It was Kai's turn now. You immediately knew that he took ballet at gone point because he did a spin, which you believed was called a pirouette.

"KAII!!!!!" a fangirl yelled.

The song changed again, back to something strong, much like something B.A.P. would come out with.

Lay matched the music again, and became a different person.

It continued like this until the CD stopped. No one knew who won. They both did great.

There were cheers in the room like no other. 

"KAI OPPA FIGHTING!"

"DAEBAK!!"

"YOU GO LAY!"

Your table cheered and clapped for Lay, proud of their friend.

Lay went back to your table, while Kai was giving a little fan service.

"How was it?he asked, wiping a little sweat from this forehead.

"You were so, so amazing!" you exclaimed.

He recieved lots of praise from the others too.

D.O. told you to tell Lay that he thought he was a dancing machine.

Lunch ended with lots of chatter about what happened, and it continued on until the end of the day.

You walked home by yourself, since Kai refused to walk with you, and you didn't want to walk with him. He can figure his way home himself.

You entered your home to find your mother and Kai's mom chatting once again.

"Hi! How was school?" asked your mom, smiling.

"It was great. There are these new Chinese students, and I can talk with them."

"See? I knew putting you in those classes would be good."

"Good afternoon Mrs. Kim." you greeted before your mom could ask about the gender of the Chinese students.

"Hi, where's Kai?"

"Oh, he wanted to stay back at school, but he knows his way back here."

"Alright."

Something was missing.

"Hey, where's Hyukie?" you asked, suddenly remembering about the baby that couldn't be related to Kai.

"He's with his uncle for today."

"Oh! I was just talking about how you could babysit Hyukie! Right?"

You thought about how fun it was to be with Hwa Yi, and Hyuki seemed to be an easy baby to handle.

"Sure, I don't see why not."

"Yay! I'm hoping you could teach Kai a thing or two about babies too. That boy is clueless..."

You forgot that Kai lived in the same house as the baby, and you couldn't back out now.

You dismissed yourself to go do your homework. Truth was that you didn't have any today. You didn't want to talk about Kai anymore. You plopped down to your bed, belly first. It was so nice to do this after a day full of events. 

Your mind wandered over to Lay. You've had small crushes in elementary before, but this was stronger. The way his voice made you jump, and his eyes stare into the distance, and how his wonderful dimple.

You smiled like an idiot to no one. 

You replayed his dances in your mind. While you were clumsy and uncoordinated, he was perfectly in sync, and moved like liquid.

You moved over to your desk, and pulled out your sketchbook, and took out your pencil set, and began to draw.

You knew where this sketch was going. You had always very easily remembered people's faces after seeing it a few times. After around 20 minutes absorbed in the pencil and paper, you added in the dimple then looked at what you had made.

It was Lay.

You smiled, feeling satisfied that you captured his features correctly.

As you were admiring your art, your phone dinged in your backpack, signaling a text.

You dug it out from the bottom of books and binders. It was a text from an unknown number.

You opened it, and the characters were in Chinese.

*Hi! It's Lay. This is Sarang's phone, right?*

How did he get my number? You didn't mind him having your number at all actually.

You switched to the Chinese keyboard setting on your phone, and texted *Yes, it's me, haha. How did you get my number?*

He quickly replied and said, *Good. D.O. gave it to me after lunch.*

You should've known.

*Ah. I see. Why didn't you ask me yourself? I promise I don't bite :)*

*I was nervous. -.- I usually don't ask for girls phone numbers.*

Your heart did it again. It sped up like it did during lunch.

Am I different to him? Do I mean something?

Before you could reply, another text was sent from him.

*Hey, your name means love in Korean, right?*