Act Pretty!

Five Six, Seven Eight

 

"Oh..er..okay."

Why not? It could be pretty fun.

As soon as the words left your mouth, you were pushed over to the clothing area.

Oh the clothes. Your eyes grew big in glory as you looked at the selections. There were racks and shelves of clothing from shirts, pants, shorts, everything really. Not a color from the rainbow and beyond was missing, and there seemed be something for everyone.  The carts and shelves of shoes were heaven. Shoes were everywhere as well. All different styles and brands, and they all looked brand new. Was this what models see every day? Well, it certainly wasn’t something normal people saw daily.

A petite woman shoved a small bundle of clothes into your arms when you weren’t looking.

“Hurry and put these on in there,” she said, pointing to curtain rooms for changing.

You did as told and walked over to the curtained changing area.

After closing the curtain behind you, you decided take a look at what she had given you.

The first thing you saw were a pair of plain black skinny jeans, under that was a plain white button up shirt with sleeves pre-rolled to 3/4 length. There was also a grey spaghetti strap tank top that you assumed went underneath the shirt.

It all wasn’t out of your comfort zone, so you didn’t have a problem with trying it on.

The problem was that they might not fit.

You assumed that since you were filling in for Ami, these clothes were meant for her. In the photos, it seemed as if she was at least 170 cm and she looked very skinny. You were skinny too, but you didn’t seem that thin.

Regardless, you didn’t have a choice so you took off your gross sweats and put everything on.

Surprisingly everything fit pretty well. The pant legs were a little long, but it wasn’t anything that was very noticeable. You left a few buttons undone so that the tank top would show.

When you were done, you opened the curtain but nearly tripped on a pair of shoes that was left right on the other side. You looked down and saw a pair of black Converses. You always wanted a pair, but you never got the chance to get yourself some.

You replaced your sneakers with the new shoes, and carried your old clothes out with you. Some guy just went by and took them from you.

Okay then…he better not throw out that sweater.

You were hurried over to hair and makeup with different high end products scattered everywhere.

A woman with horrible roots put you into a chair and took a look at your head

Looking in the mirror, you were reminded that from the neck up, you looked like a child that was picked up from the dumpsters. Your hair was in a bun like saggy wad at the back of your head, and your face looked tired. A bit of yesterday’s eyeliner was smeared too.

After a while of tugging, pulling and occasional “ows” your hair was completely transformed.

Root lady make your hair shiny and soft, not dull like it was thirty minutes ago. Your bangs were out, and she had loosely curled your hair before knotting it into a low side bun, leaving a few short curls on either side of your face.

Makeup went by much faster. In fifteen minutes, the makeup artist transformed your face. It looked sharper, and all darkness and bumps were gone. You actually looked awake. You loved the eyes the most. The makeup artist lined your eyes in black, but didn’t give you raccoon eyes. It was slightly ringed, and was heavier at the bottom outer corners, and stopped 1/3 of the way until your tear duct. Your eyes looked bigger, and you wished you could look like this forever.

“You look goorrrgeosss! You already were before, but girl, this is beyond!” he said, approving of his own work.

“Let me see.”

You knew that deep voice. It was Kai,

You swiveled around in your chair and faced the boy standing behind you.

You stopped thinking and just stared.

He was stunningly hot.

His outfit matched yours, only the colors were flipped. He had white pants and a black shirt… with nothing underneath. A few buttons weren’t done, which left some of this toned chest exposed. The shoes matched yours though.

His face just looked more polished than before. His bags were gone, and his lips were a tad shiny from lip balm of some sort.

Kai’s hair was combed over to one side and styled created something that almost looked like a surfer wave.

“I know, I look good don’t I?”

Your brain started to work again, and you thought of a quick response.

“No! You look…..” but you came up blank.

He looked at you, quickly looking over everything.

“Hey, there’s no need to be lie. You don’t look bad yourself.”

Did he just call me…pretty?

You thought he couldn’t have. He said that you didn’t look bad. That didn’t mean you looked pretty. He just meant that you looked better than when you first arrived.

“Okay! You two! Let’s get this started,” said a man with thick square glasses and a goatee, who you assumed was the photographer.

The two of you were lead over to a plain white set, with lights angled a certain way to make things look better you guessed.

“Okay, the concept is ‘match made in heaven’. That’s why you’re sort of matching. Act like a happy couple!”

I have to act like a happy couple with Kai? Haha, no.

Ami is going to freak. Our managers will be pissed…but I don’t care.

You knew why Ami was supposed to be here, but how could you take her place?

“Okay, I know you’re new to this, Sarang, but all you really need to do is act pretty!”

She doesn’t have to act.

 

A/N: Updated! I don't have much to say in this one, so I'll take the time to thank you all deeply.

I really didn't think that my writing was really good enough for maybe 30 subscribers after 40 chapters. I'm not the kind of person to have everything planned out, so I just make things up as I go, hoping it makes sense.

The fact that I've gotten this much love since the first chapter makes me feel all bubbly on the inside. I always think Do they really want to read this, or is it just because there's Exo involved?

It's the best feeling when I see a new subber, comments, or friends alert when I log on. Gull, I can't explain what I feel.

So, what I'm saying is, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I love each and every one of you sooo much.

 

Please keep the comments coming! You'll see more from me soon!