Not just a pretty face

Five Six, Seven Eight

 

You woke up from the sound of a shrill voice threatening to…chop off Kai’s balls?

You barely opened your eyes so that it would sort of look like you were still sleeping. You saw a pretty girl looking pissed at Kai. She had long wavy brown hair flipped over. You immediately knew it was Ami.

Wait…why is she and Kai in my house?

You looked around and saw that you weren’t in your room. It was Kai’s room, and you were…in his bed?

“Why do you have some other girl in your bed?” she questioned, emphasizing the last three words.

Kai replied keeping cool, “She’s my just my neighbor who was sick and got locked out of her house. I was just trying to help.”

Ami let out a sarcastic laugh. “Since when were you actually nice to others?”

That stung Kai a bit. He didn’t want to be known as the guy with a pretty face but no heart, but it was probably too late for that.

You noticed the wet towel on your forehead. You wondered if he was the one who put it there.

A sneeze started to itch up in your nose, and you tried to keep it in, but failed.

“Achoo!”

Both pairs of eyes went over to you.

You.”

She went over to you, and stared you down. You sank into the soft covers and wanted so badly to just pull the blanket over your face.

“How dare you steal Kai, my boyfriend, away from me!”

“I wasn’t trying to steal him away. There’s nothing going on between us. We’re just friends.” You replied as forcefully as you could.

Kai’s eyes widened at the fact that you considered him as a friend. He thought you hated him

He took me in when I was sick and carried me on his back…that’s worthy of the title friend.

“Just friends? Then why was he leaning in to—“

“We’re just friends, and there’s nothing going on between us, you can leave now,” Kai butted in.

Leaning in? What was she getting so worked up about?

“I’m not leaving until she does!” Ami looked at you with snake eyes.

You sat up and got hit with a dizzy spell. You immediately realized that you weren’t quite well enough yet.

Kai went and steadied you before you fell off the edge of the bed.

“Just let her fall if she’s nothing to you!”

She’s more than something to me, so shut the up.

Right then, a flood of bodily fluids rushed out from down there. You had totally forgotten about your period, and you knew the make shift pad of yours wasn’t going to cut it. On top of the fever and period, you got cramps in your lower stomach made you just cringe.

However, you couldn’t leave the bed with Ami standing there blocking the door. You couldn’t leave on your own since you weren’t able even sit straight.

Something beeped. It was Ami’s phone.

She took it out from her bedazzled purse and looked at it, then let out some hot air.

“You’re lucky since I have a meeting to go to, but I’m so going to tell the CEO about this. Just watch what will happen.”

Why would the CEO care about what happened?

She stormed out of the room and slammed the door hard. It was a good thing Kai’s little brother wasn’t’ home because he would’ve started wailing.

“I’m sorry about that. She’s a little…difficult.”

Did the Kai just apologize to me? What a day…

“Oh, it’s okay. Um, can I use the bathroom?”

“Yeah, you know where it is. Do you need help getting up?”

You said no because you thought you’d be able to make it without injuring yourself.

You slowly swung your legs over and tried to stand up, but ended up leaning over like the Tower of Pisa.

“Okay, let me walk you there.”

He put an arm around you for support. You made it to the bathroom unharmed and closed the door behind.

Taking a look at the hot mess down below, your jaw dropped.

The toilet paper barely did anything, and you most definitely knew you leaked onto Kai’s bed.

 

Kai was looking at his now empty bed, thinking about what had happened.

He had tried to kiss you, and Ami caught it. Now, she was going to tattle on the executives, and who knows what might happen.

His eyes scanned the sheets, but found something that didn’t quite belong.

There was a dark red spot on the once perfectly white sheet.

Is she on her period?

He took a closer look at it, no knowing if it was really what he thought it was, but it definitely wasn’t his, and it was most likely blood.

He didn’t know what to think about having your blood that originated from…there…on his bed.

Kai simply chucked at how Sehun would react.

You came back, clutching onto the walls for support with a fresh pad you found in the bathroom cabinets.

You crawled onto the bed and noticed the spot you caused, but ignored it hoping that if you didn’t pay attention to it, he wouldn’t either.

“Are you hungry?”

You said yes with no hesitation what-so-ever. You were starving from eating so little then emptying it all out again.

“Okay, I’ll go make something.”

He can cook?

Nope. Kai didn’t have the slightest clue as to what to do in the kitchen. He just wanted to make you something to eat and make you feel a little better.

Looking in the pantry, he found a can of soup.

This will do. It’s either this, or giving her food poisoning.

Kai followed the instructions exactly, ending up with a pot of hot soup for you.

He carried the hot bowl up, and your face lit up as soon as you saw the steamy hot goodness.

“Kai, you made that?” you asked, your lips.

“Well…kind of,” he admitted, looking down at the floor all shy.

You’d never thought you’d live to see the day where Kai was shy, nice, and polite, but it happened all in one day. Maybe it was because you were sick.

None the less, you gladly took the soup, but it was too hot for you.

“Here,” Kai said, taking the bowl from you.

He held it like it was nothing, where it felt like hot coal to you.

He scooped a spoonful of the broth and blew on it.

“Ahhh.”

You looked at him confused. Did he just ask you to go “ahhh” so that he could feed it to you?

You were desperately hungry so you just did what he wanted, but instead of normally releasing the spoon, you bit it.

Aigoo, so cute.

He laughed at your childish act, and you didn’t even know why you did it yourself.

He silently fed you until you were halfway done with the bowl.

“Hey, what does the CEO have to do with you and Ami’s relationship?” you asked.

Kai stopped. He didn’t know how to explain it to you, but he trusted you for some reason.

“Well, we’re not really dating. The company is making us,” he explained, short to the point.

“Oh...so you really don’t want to date her?” you asked, knowing the answer.

“Psh, no! Have you see the way she acts? I'm y free and single," he teased.

You laughed at Kai’s answer. After today, it seemed like he had a heart after all, and not just a pretty face…

 

A/N: Happy 20th chapter!! There's a lot of Karang lately, huh? Don't worry, all you Saray shippers will get a treat to. :)

Also, I've gotten a lot of comments about Sarang's cruddy pad. You didn't think I'd forget about something like that, did you? :p

I'm going to take the time to explain where the title came from. So, "5 6, 7 8" is something you hear a lot in dancing, right? And the three of them are goin gto have to dance (which I will be writing a chapter about very soon). Also, it's kind of like taking baby steps. Kai's warming up and slowly showing his better side to Sarang, and Lay is...well...I can't tell you. :3 Sooo...yeah.

Also, the reason she didn't get a school pad was because, as mentioned, she's a little stubborn, and wouldn't go to the nurse.

Thank you for the subs and luv!

<3