Duh.

Five Six, Seven Eight

 

You and Lay explained to all of your friends at lunch time what had happened. 

"So, you, Kai, and Lay have to perform at the talent show, and they have to somehow make you not fall over?" asked Kris.

You nodded.

Kris looked back and forth from you to Lay. They were exchanging messages through facial expressions.

*Why do you look so happy?"

*What do you mean?*

*You like her.*

*aAEiahog NO I DON'T*

*Okay, okay. I'll pretend like I don't know.*

You had no idea what was going on since you were explaining everything to D.O. still.

One eyebrow went up, then he gave you a look that read "GET SOME!" and you kicked him under the table pretty hard. 

No one noticed and you all went back to your conversations.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

School ended rather quickly, and like Lay said, he gave you a ride home after calling his parents to say he was going over to a friend's house. Since you two werent in a hurry this time, he kept the speed leisurely. You still held onto his waist for safety reasons. Okay, maybe that wasn't the only reason.

You got to your house and noticed your mom's car wasn't there, so you figured she was still working.

Before you were about to let Lay in, you worried about the appearence of your home. It wasn't downright messy, but it wasn't polished with everything put in place. It was a but scattered and cluttered. You had no problem living, and you never really worried about it when D.O. came over, but now that Lay was about to step in, you were self conscious about it.

You just let him in and hoped he wouldn't notice anything.

He simply smiled and said, "I like it here. It's comfortable."

"That's just a nice way of saying messy," you said, putting a pillow back in place on the couch.

"It's not messy. It's just...cozy. You can tell that people live here, and things are being used. It's a nice feeling."

You smiled at his sincereness. 

You went into the kitchen to look for snacks, and Lay followed you there.

"You can sit down where ever." 

"No, I'd rather be in here with you."

What's this feeling? I don't know...

You felt something inside of your heart tighten. It beat faster, and blood rushed to your face. You quickly went to the fridge to pretend to look for water, but you really needed to cool off.

A bright neon piece of paper caught your eye on the counter though.

It was a note written by your mom that read:

Sarang, I'll be home a later than usual today. You need to be at Kai's house at 3:15 to look after Hyukie until 6. Love, Umma.

You sighed. You had forgotten about the baby, and you couldn't just make Lay leave.

"What is it?" he asked, reading your distressed face.

"I have to babysit my neighbor's kid." you said, looking up from the note to Lay's face.

"Oh..well, I should probably go then."

"Wait! Don't leave! Umm...." you searched for an idea, "Maybe you could come with me! I could use and extra hand, and we could still look at videos."

He agreed.

 Anything, as long as I'm with you. (Lay's thoughts will be in blue italics)

You ran to get your mom's laptop from her office, and held it in your hands like it was a newborn baby. If you tripped and broke it, she'd be pissed off.

You walked him over to the house and knocked on the door. It was 3:10, so Mrs. Kim couldn't have left yet.

The door opened and Kai's mother pulled you both inside.

"Hello Sarang! Is this your boyfriend?"

Both of your eyes widened to D.O.'s eye size at the question.

"O-oh no! He's not my boyfriend. Just a friend.."

"Oh, I see. Hi!" 

She took his hand and shook it.

You introduced her to him in Chinese. 

"Oh! He's one of the exchange students, and I didn't know you spoke Mandarin! How smart! Oh, I really have to go now. I'm late. The baby is napping right now, and foods and directions are in the kitchen. Make yourself at home. Bye now!"

And with that, she left the house.

"Hey, why are there pictures of Kai on the wall?" Lay asked, pointed to a school ID picture framed on the wall.

Crap, he doesn't know about this yet.

"Um...he's my neighbor." you awkwardly explained.

"What? That sweet lady is the one who helped make the devil child?" he said, laughing.

Lay wanted to be closer to you that you were with Kai, but that was a little difficult in this case.

You went to the living room and sat in front of the loveseat where you and Kai were. Placing the laptop on the coffee table, you carefully turned it on.

Lay sat very close to you. You were both on te floor with the small table and laptop in front, and you could lean back on the sofa. Your shoulders were almost touching, and you could feel his body heat.

"Er, what dances do you have in mind?" you asked, connecting to the wifi and pulling up Youtube, and trying to get your mind off of his closeness.

"There's a video I want you to watch." 

He leaned over, since the laptop was more on your side, and typed. He was almost leaning on you now, and you didn't know what to do. You didn't move because what if he got the wrong message and thought you didn't like him?

You admit you really like him, but you weren't ready to say anything yet. He probably just thought of you as a mei mei (little sister).

You turned you head to tell him something, but at that moment, he finished typing andstraightened up then looked at you. Your eyes met, and your faces were only 10 cm away from each other.

You swallowed, unable to get away from his gaze, and he was in the same situation.

"What the hell are you guys doing in my house?"

Your heads whipped around to see Kai standing there looking confused and pissed.

"I'm babysitting your brother, and we called a dance meeting. What are you doing here?"

"I live here, duh."

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Then, you all heard it.

It was a sound worse than a fire siren on high, or nails on a chalkboard. It was something that keeps people up all night, and leaves a ringing sensation in your ears.

It was a baby wailing.

.

 

A/N: Anneong everyone! How's everyone been doing? Summer's almost over for me, sadly. I still have to read these books that was assigned, and from what I heard, it's the most boring thing ever. I've been getting to distracted by fanfics. I really hope these things count as books LOL.

Thanks for stopping by!