You're a WHAT? With WHO?

Five Six, Seven Eight

It had been two weeks since you've gotten back from being sick. Everyone welcomed you back dearly, especially Lay. He got you some welcome back flowers that you had pressed to make them last, as well as a box of caramels. He felt really guilty for making you so sick, and he told you that he hung your gift proudly in his room, which made you feel bubbly.

You were in homeroom, doodling in your agenda while D.O. drabbled on and on about how his sister overcooked the spagetti.

"It came out."

Huh?

A magazine was plopped onto your desk. You recognized it as Seoul Style, one of the most well known and best selling magazines in South Korea. There was the usual featured things on the side like "How to get a guy's attention" and  "Healthy diets that will work" but the main focal point of the cover made your stomach flip flop.

It was you and Kai.

You honestly had no idea that the photoshoot would be for a magazine like this. You expected it to be for some small clothing catalog or something similar.

It was the picture of him and you in the yellow and plaid with your arms around each other, laughing as if there wasn't a camera. A random stranger, any age, would think that you and Kai were a real couple if they didn't know you in real life.

"Wahh! You're so pretty!" exclaimed D.O., pointing to your face.

"Oh uh..thank you..?" you thanked, but it came out more like a question when you automatically raised your voice at the end. 

"Hey. He said you looked nice, at least say thank you properly," said Kai.

Ever since you became ill, he's been a lot nicer to you, but he still has his...moments.

You glared at him.

A girl was walking by, and the cover caught her eye.

"Wow, Kai is that new? And who's that? She's pretty," she noticed, leaning in to see you on the cover better.

She looked at it for a bit, then her eyes slowly looked over at you, then to the photo, then back at you again.

"Sarang...is that....." she said, leaving the end open, hoping you'd catch on.

You did, but Kai answered that one for you.

"Yeah, she's a model now, in the same company as me."

Her eyes became golf balls as she stared at you.

"You're a WHAT? With WHO?" she asked again as if she didn't hear what Kai said the first time.

"Yeah, it's true!" chimed D.O.

Words were caught in your throat. You totally knew that this was going to spread everywhere in the school in the next our. You could easily imagine girls going "Did you hear? Sarang is a model with Kai now. Ugh, ." or maybe they'd hoard you for personal information about Kai like the size of his sausage, or something about his abs.

"Wow...the makeup does wonders." and then she left.

You sank down into your seat, trying not to let the words get to you. D.O. was about to consult you when a group of five more Kai worshippers crowded around you.

"What, let me see that!" said Su Mi, snatching the magazine from your desk. She looked at the cover, then flipped to the article on the new clothing line.

"How did you get to be a model, damnit, and it Fresh Faces too," mumbled the petite one.

You sighed.

This is going to be a very long day.

 

By lunch time, everyone who was anyone knew about your new job. You felt eyes follow you everywhere you went, and people started to whiper to their friends everytime you freaking blinked.

However, not all the feedback was bad. There were some girls that weren't just jealous es and actually talked to you, saying how good the photos were. A few guys said hi to you in the hallway or nodded at you.

Your tray was filled to the max because you were starving and you weren't going to hold back. You dug in. Food was food and it's meant to be eaten, isn't it?

"Hey! Shouldn't you watch what you eat because youre a 'model' now?" yelled someone from another table. 

"Don't listen to them. Just eat and you'll be perfecly fine. You'd still be plenty pretty if you were chubby," said Lay, placing a hand on your back. 

The others around the table agreed and dug into their food just like you in order to make you feel better about eating so much.

You were halfway done when something totally unexected happened.

Someone stood at by the table with their tray in their hand and asked to sit with you and the others. Only, it wasn't just someone. It was Kai.

"Uh, okay.."

You scooted in closer to Lay and made room for Kai. He sat down and pretended like he didn't feel the awkwardness that had risen because of his sudden appearence. 

"Hey, how are you?" asked Lay. 

"I'm fine...you?"

"Same.."

You wanted to laugh off the heavy awkwardess. 

"We're going to the studio tomorrow, right?" said Kai, attempting to spark up another conversation. The rest of the table had gone completely silent.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure we are. We've been going every weekend all this time, right?" you said, trying to make the atmosphere a little more casual.

"Right." said Lay, filling his mouth so that he wouldn't have to talk.

Smart...

"Oh yeah, Sarang," he stopped to swallow his food all the way, "I finally got the stain out of the bed. The Japanese flag is gone."

You reddened at the mention of you staining his bed with your period, and since he said Japanese flag, D.O. knew exactly what kind of stain it was. He slightly choked on his water in laughter.

"But my pillows still smell a bit like sweat," added Kai.

You weren't able to swallow your food. No one knew about your short stay with Kai...until now.

"What were you doing in Kai's bed?" asked D.O.

Thankfully, Lay's Korean wasn't quite good enough to understand everything, but Kris was listening to everything the three of you were saying, silently laughing.

How do I explain this...

Little did you know that there was a third party listening in on the conversation, and all they could register was "in Kai's bed."

"YOU AN KAI DID IT?!" bursted out the girl who had been listening in.

"BWOH?" 

Everyone stopped and stared you wedged in between Kai and Lay, who was grasping everything.

Kris quietly translated, and Lay became extremely alert.

"Huh?"

"Tell us, what were you doing in his bed?" she asked, stressing the last four words just like Ami did.

"Wh- I...It's not what you think!" you defended your self, looking at everyone's shocked faces.

You blushed so hard at the fact that peope think that you and Kai actually did it.

"Yah! Were you faking being sick?" asked another female voice.

Other people joined in, asked questions that just mushed into a ball of confusion to you.

"You wouldn't do something like that." 

"Yeah, Sarang wouldn't do that. She isn't that kind of person!"

You were so relieved that Lay and the others knew you well enough to know that everything was just a misunderstanding. 

However, you wanted to cry from the whole grade putting you in the spotlight like this. It was too much.

The tears began to form in your eyes, but you blinked them away.

As if it were planned, Kai and Lay stood up.

"She didn't do anything!" said Lay, placing a hand on your head that was now bowed down in embarrassment.

"If you guys don't believe me that we didn't do anything, then you're all sick," spat Kai, "Sarang is a nice person who wouldn't do such a thing. All you just shut the up."

You couldn't believe that they were both defending you in such a way.

The rest of your lunch buddies chimed in to help you.

"Fine, but we have another question. Who is she dating? Kai or Lay?"

The two of them looked at each other, unblinking and emotionless. They were trying to read each other like enemies.

"So, is it one of you?"

 

A/N: I am so terribly sorry for not updating! SO THORRY OMG. I had school, and then all I could come up with were derps for this chapter, and yeah...I'm so sorry everyone.

Here's an adorable Kai gif to make up for it.

HE IS JUST SO AKEHAPIETKHQIPKE#HTIQJ#ETQIW

I love Tumblr, don't you?

Oh yes, speaking of Tumblr,  if you guys want to, check mine out here? Follow if you want, and if not, then it's okay. ^^ I follow back! :D

Thank you for understanding, and thanks to bunnyhearts for the Japanese flag bed sheet idea!

<3