Chapter Eight: Aigoo~

Where Fate Takes Us

The bit in red is Chinese. I was getting tired of having to distinguish. This is only for that part. If I ever use colors to differinciate again, I'll tell you.

 

______________________________________

 

Mystery POV

I awoke today with a new feeling. The air seemed crisper and brighter. I couldn’t help but smile a little more than usual. I began to exit my room, but as I passed, my calendar caught my eye. I smiled. That’s why today seems so sweet. I looked at the calender on the wall closely. Sure enough… Today was circled in red. I smiled and picked up a pen. I crossed out the day. Today’s the day. It’s over…

Now things can really begin.

 

~~~

 

Nina POV

I had about two weeks left now untill I had to go out to LA. I was taking the time to relax and enjoy the presence of my famly, friends, and English. My friends were all spazzing continuously about the upcoming trip to LA to see some of our favorite KPOP groups perform. Oh, if only they knew what I knew. Mwahaha! My brother was talking with his doctor, making sure that he would be okay to fly by that time and any other health related issues that might come up. I was excitedly awaiting my reunion with EXO: with Lay.

 

 

~~~

 

Nina. Do you want to see part of the dance that I’m going to be doing?” Lay asked me. I was curently skyping with him in the kitchen of my parent’s house. I giggled and nodded,

Just be careful, okay?” He nodded and stood.  He started dancing and I watched in amazement. He was really just too amazing. I could never dance like that. I would just fail. But I guess we all have our fortes…

As he was dancing, my mom happened to walk into the room,

“Nina- Oh! Um, hello.” She looked at the screen awkwardly and Lay froze. His eyes widened as he realized who she was and immediately bowed, apologizing profusely.

Yi Xing! It’s fine.” I called through the screen. He rose and looked down; I could see a slight pink tint to his cheeks. I smiled; how cute. He rarely blushes. He must be really embarassed. Ha! But I guess that is a bit of an awkward way to meet your girlfriend’s mom... I smiled up at my mom, “Mom, this is my boyfriend, Yi Xing!” I turned to Lay, “Yi Xing, this is my mom.” My mom smiled at him and waved uncertainly. Lay stood there for a moment, stuttering.

“Oh. Um. Uh… Hello?!” He finally said (or asked…?) in English. My mom and I smiled. I was currently holding back my inner fangirl at his adorable English.

Umm… Ni hao…?” Yi Xing brightened profusely as she said this. There was hope in his eyes. I giggled at his cute reaction.

“Mom, he was just showing me a part of his dance for the concert coming up in LA.” She nodded and smiled,

“How nice. Umm, tell him he did well.” I turned back to lay and told him. He beamed,

“Thank you!” Once again my inner fangirl was struggling to breakfree. I wanted to fly to Korea right now and hug him. His English was so freaking cute! Why have I never made him speak English with me?  Note to self: speak English with Lay more often. “Umm…” Lay figited a bit, “I…I would like to say something.” O.o What was this?! More English! Has he been hiding fluency in English from me all this time!? “I’m Lay. It… is very nice to meet you,” He struggled to find something else to say, “…How is Julian?” he asked next. My mom’s eyes widened and she looked down at me. I smiled,

“Did you think he didn’t know? Whay are you so surprised?”

“I don’t know. Its just really sweet I guess.” She turned back to Lay, “He’s doing well.”

“Yeah, and you get to meet him when I come to LA.” I said. His eyes widened. He seemed to understand that.

Shen me (what?)?" He asked, shocked. I laughed,

He’s coming to LA with me along with a few of my friends.” I repeated in Chinese now. He nodded slowly; clearly unsure of what to think of this.

Yah! Lay! We need to go!” Someone yelled from down the hall. Kris appeared a moment later over Lay’s shoulder. He was startled when he looked at the screen, “Oh! Hello! You must be Nina’s mom.” He said. My mom nodded.

“That’s Kris.”

“Oh,” She nodded and smiled, “Nice to meet you.” He smiled,

“You too. Wow. You and Nina look really similar. I was surprised.” She smiled,

“Yeah, people tell us that a lot,” She looked at me lovingly.

“I look a lot like my brother too. People haveve thought that we’re twins before. It doesn’t really help that he acts younger than his age…” I trailed off and Kris laughed and nodded, understanding.

He’s coming to LA with her,” Lay informed him in Chinese. Kris’ eyes widened and he looked down at him. Then he looked back up at me,

“Is your brother very protective of you?” Kris asked. I shrugged and my mom laughed,

“Yes!” She answered. Kris grinned,

“Oh, this’ll be fun.” He grinned and I rolled my eyes.

“Go away Kris!” He stuck out his tongue, but I called him again before he could leave, “Hey, Kris?”

“Hmm?” He stopped to look at me,

“Have you been teaching him English?” I asked softly, gesturing towards Lay. Lay just watched us all cluelessly and blinked innocently. Kris was the reason that I could come up with to explain Yi Xing’s sudden English abilities.

“Maybe…” He smiled. I grinned,

“Thanks.” He winked and walked away.

 

“Yi Xing, it was very nice to meet you.” My mom smiled into the computer screen.

“You too!” He said excitedly.

“Your English is really good. Nina didn’t tell me that you could speak English.”

“I didn’t know either...” I said awkwardly. Lay blushed and nodded,

I asked Kris to teach me.”

That’s what I thought.” I smiled.

I have to go now or else I think Kris ge might kill me.” He said and I giggled,

Bye. See you soon.”

“Ne~ Bye! Bye eomeonim!” (A/N: Random Korean?! Ahh, idk...)  He smiled and waved at my mom. She just smiled and waved back clulessly while I blushed.

Aigoo~ >//<

 

~~~

 

Lay POV

I finished my call with Nina and felt super happy. I’d just met her mom and she was super nice and I spoke to her in English. Hsadjfhfkasfhfhfu. And she actually understood me! Thank you Kris!!!~ I sat in the van reminiscing over the phone call.

“What are you smiling about?” Kris asked me. I grinned,

“That was daebak!~” He laughed at me,

“Ahh. I see.” He then grinned mischeviously, “Are you excited about her brother coming?” My face fell slightly and I thought about it,

“Well. I’m really excited to meet him, but I’m also really nervous. I mean, he’s her gege. What if he hates me?! What if he disapproves of us and demands that we break up and fhdjfhskfhsdhui.” I looked at him expaectantly; as though he held all of the answers. He stared back at me blankly,

“I have no clue what the second half of that was.” I shrugged and sighed. “But, don’t worry about it. I’m sure he’ll like you. I’m going to be thoughroughly entertained when you first meet, but I’m sure after the innitial threatening and testing you… you’ll get along great.” He patted my shoulder mock supportingly and I stared at him.

“Not. Helping. Duizhang.” He cracked up, totally enjoying my suffering. “Tch. You wait untill you get a girlfriend and you have to meet her gege.” He just ignored me and continued with his laughing. “Hmph!” I crossed my arms and pouted. I was seriously going to be stressing out about this untill its over. Well, the bright side was that with her brother comes Nina…

 

 

______________________________________________________

 

Ahh!!! I feel so cheesy!~

T_T

...

Okay.

So...

Mystery POV...

Who do you guys think it is?

What do you think that they're talking about?

What's over!?!?

Duhduhduh! XD

Ha! Its kinda random, but it'll make sense later.

Give me your thoughts in the comments! :P

 

I'm gonna update again when I get home, I promise! Double update!~ I'd do it now but I'm in a hurry. :/