Final Chapter

Where Fate Takes Us

*Five Years Later*

 

"I can't believe this is finally happening!" One of the girls squealed,

"I know!" Its been forever! They've been together for so long, its about time."

"Well if we're gonna say that then shouldn't both of us be married too?"

"Shhh!" The girls laughed as they finished putting the last few things together for their best friend's wedding.

"This is going to be so gorgeous!" One sighed and the other nodded in agreement.

The wedding was to be outside just before dusk. There were little strings of lights hanging everywhere and along the aisle on the ground. They did one last look around to make sure they were all working before heading back inside to help the bride.

People were just beginning to arrive as the two girls re-entered the building where the reception would later be held. They both smiled over at their boyfriends who were directing people to seats outside.

"How's Nina doing?" One called over.

"We're about to check on her." Replied Stephanie. "How about Lay?" Just then, said man came running out, tie askew,

"Oh gosh, remember my aunt get's hot really easily, so give her that little fan and oh! my niece is really little and I was afraid she'd get bored so there's a coloring page and crayons and-"

"YiXing! Shut up, you've told us this ten times, we know! Go finish getting ready!" Lay just stood there. "Go, or I will drag you!" Kris put on his stern leader face and Lay faltered,

"..fine. But don't forget-"

"Lay!" Kai laughed and began leading him away, throwing a wink to his girlfriend over his shoulder as he went. Ava blushed and quickly headed in the opposite direction to go check on Nina. Stephanie followed a few minutes later after talking with Kris.

"Nina?" Ava called as she opened the door slightly.

"There you are! Can you zip this please?" Nina was currently struggling with her wedding dress alone. Ava rushed in to help her zip it up. Stephanie came in and they all just stood there for minute staring at each other.

"This is it. It's finnally happening." Stephanie said. The other two nodded.

"When we were younger, I never would have expected that I would be the first to marry." Nina laughed as she figeted, playing with a piece of the white material on her dress. It was silent again and Nina's eyes started to water. Her friends noticed and started talking quickly,

"Shh! This is exciting! You and YiXing are getting married and you're going to be together forever and its going to be great! This is exciting!" Ava reassured her,

"No, I know." Nina sniffed, "But you know me. So emotional. Weddings especially always make me cry." She smiled and wiped at her eyes, glad that she still hadn't done her make up."

"Well stop! This is a happy day so no crying unless they are happy tears!" Stephanie chided her.

"They are, they are!" Nina laughed and sniffed at the same time. Her friends smiled at her,

"Come on. People are arriving, so we need to get you together now." Nina nodded and allowed her friends to help her finish getting ready.

~~~

The wedding was short and sweet, filled with cute moments unique to the couple. Many tears were shed, but they were all happy tears as the joy and realization of the journey the couple was embarking on finally became real. As the wedding ended and the reception began, things got crazy and busy, leaving Nina and YiXing running around and greeting their guests rather than sit quietly together as they would have preferred, but at least they still got to run around together. There were hugs and kisses from family members and tears shed by parents and friends, but most of all there were smiles and love all around.

At one point the couple got to sit down for a moment with YiXing's aging grandmother. She took the couple's hands in hers and spoke, "Every step in life is a new experience. Just like today, you've taken every breath without knowing what may come next. But you keep breathing and stepping forward. This is just another of those moments. Don't let it scare you or make you sad, as though you're leaving another life behind, but embrace it all and love like you always have; live like you always do. This doesn't change everything, its just another step into the future, another step and you'll take another tomorrow. This may seem big, but the small things matter too, so don't let one day overwash everything, between both you and those around you." As the woman spoke, it was as though she had known Nina's fears and insecurities about this day exactly. She had been so afraid of change and leaving things behind, but this sweet old woman was right: she may be getting married, but it didn't have to change everything. It was just one step in life. She still had the same friends, same job, and she most definitly had the same YiXing. She looked behind her to see her friends laughing at a table nearby and smiled. No, nothing important would really change.

Nina and YiXing turned back to the woman and smiled, squeezing her hands and kissing her cheeks, thanking her as they stood to leave. A couple they barely knew waved, trying to get them to come be with them. YiXing began heading their way, falling back into his duty of host, but Nina tugged on his arm to stop him. She sent the couple an apologetic smile and indicated that they would be a moment. YiXing watched in confusion but she just smiled as she led him to sit with their friends, "We need to share this with them, even if it means neglecting a few others. But they're worth it." She gestured to their friends, the family they found rather than were born into. YiXing smiled and nodded, squeezing her hand and giving her a quick kiss to the temple.

"You're absolutly right." And so they pulled up chairs, surprising the group.

"Aren't you two supposed to be socializing?" Suho asked concerned.

"We are." Nina said matter-of-factly as she plucked a bite of food off of Kyungsoo's plate. She sent Suho a smile, daring him to contradict her, but he just smiled and shook his head because he couldn't.

"We'll get back to them all in a minute, but we thought it was more important to spend some time here, with you all. Making memories as usual." YiXing supplied. Nina caught the eyes of her two best friends across the table and gave them small smiles, and somehow they understood too. They understood that yes, things may change, but they always change. But often things change for the better. So yes, one of them was married now, but maybe that was all that changed. Just a title, an address, but that didn't change their relationship. Changes happen everyday, they wouldn't let this one control their lives now.

~~~

 

It was about midnight and everyone but their closest friends had gone home. They all sat down together at one of the round tables and nibbled on the leftovers.

"Ugh, I can finally eat!" Nina groaned and ploped down into the seat beside YiXing - her husband.

"I got you a plate." Lay mumbled around a mouthful of food, pushing the other plate towards her.

"Oh, thank you. You'd think that since it's our wedding, we'd get to eat. But no. Too busy having to talk to every single person five times each." Lay nodded as he took another bite of the food he had piled on his plate. Chanyeol reached over, trying to grab something, only to be met by Lay's glare. He slowly retracted his hand and looked down as Lay went back to eating.

"So that was some wedding, huh?" Kai commented casually. "It's gonna be hard to beat that. But we'll manage." He smiled smugly and sent a wink in Ava's direction. Ava promptly turned bright red as everyone began giving them questioning looks.

"We're not engaged! I swear!" She yelled.

"Yet." Kai added quickly as he took a drink of his water.

"You! Stop!" Ava pointed at her boyfriend, cheeks pink. He gave her a mock glare,

"Make me."

"Yeah Ava." Sehun smirked. Ava made a bunch of flustered noises before getting up to go to the bathroom, but not before hitting Kai on the head as she passed. Kai turned to Sehun and high fived him.

"Excuse you, but I think you're forgetting that I was the one who caught the bouquet!" Stephanie waved the flowers in Kai's face. "So you have to wait untill after our Wedding." She proclaimed.

"Um." Kris just sat there awkwardly, mentally cursing that bouquet for pressuring him. Sure, he planned on asking her, but now there were expectations and pressure! Ugh! Stupid flowers.

Lay, feeling especially mischevious now, decided to gang up on his poor friend, "Yeah, when's the wedding Kris? We need dates. And soon too. Because I'm looking forward to going to a wedding that's not mine." Kris just stuttered over his words as Stephanie continued brandishng the flowers about for the table to see. Eventually Kris reached out and grabbed them from her,

"Okay that's enough." He placed them on the table, out of her reach. She tried reaching over him to get them, but he just picked them back up and held them away with his long arms. She squinted at him, willing him to give them back. Eventually he sighed and handed them over. "Yay!" Stephanie went back to smelling the lovely flowers and bouncing in her seat. Lay rolled his eyes at his stupid friends and scooted closer to Nina, stealing a strawberry off of her plate.

"Oh, did you guys see Julian and Amber talking earlier?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Oh, yeah! They were being all awkward again." Luhan piped up.

"Well, it has been about three years since they last saw each other." Nina added.

"True..."

"But I thought I heard them talking about hanging out, so maybe there's still something there?" Baekhyun suggested. Everyone agreed that they hoped something would indeed happen between the two.

Eventually Ava came back from her hiding spot and conversation went back to more normal topics, despite the fact that they were at a wedding, an event that usually "changed everything", but these friends didn't let it, treating it like any other day, any other conversation. Lay and Nina were married, the first of all their friends, although more weddings were soon to come. In a few years maybe they'd start a family, or their friends would. Then there'd be kids running around and playdates to arrange. Changes happened every day, but right now they were all content to just sit there together again and enjoy each other's company, because who knows what the future may hold: Where Fate Takes Us?

 


Wow, so... it's been awhile, huh? I really am truly sorry about that, but as I promised, I have finished! Yeah, its late and maybe its not what you expected, but its here and I tried. I've been struggling so much with writing recently and a busy schedule. So much has changed since I posted the last chapter, both in the kpop world and in my life. I graduated high school and now start college in about 50 days I think... I'm scared but excited all at the same time, but I know it'll be great because I'll have my two best friends with me (thanks you two. I seriously would be a mess without you guys, you probably don't even realize). But idk for some reason I'm feeling especially sentimental tonight and afraid of the future, so I guess that's why this last chapter took a slight serious detour. But I hope you guys can kinda take that to heart and take something from it. It doesn't have to be marriage, but any change that happens in your life... yeah, its scary but not everything is going to flip at once. That's something I'm struggling with a lot this year and I know many of my friends are too as we all leave behind the comfortable normalacy of highschool for something a little bigger and a lot different. Some friends go away and maybe we'll make some new friends, but we'll still all be there for each other no matter the changes. Once someone makes an impact on your life, that doesn't just stop. You'll always think about them and love them and that's important and its proof that all the changes that happen in our lives don't end everything, because when someone finds their way into your heart, ESPECIALLY as a friend, I think that's special and so don't let changes overwhelm and distract you from your second family because you chose them and they can always be your family.

Aaaand sappy sentimental spiel over. Sorry guys. I hope I wasn't too cheesy.

Wait, but while we're on the cheesy note, I want to say to all of you guys who have read and commented and supported me over the two years I've been on here and writing these stories: Thank you! My little spiel about people coming into your hearts and not leaving applies to you too. No matter how short the message or even if all you did was hit subscribe and read to the end, you have done something big for me. I've gained so much more confidence in my writing from this and I have you all to thank. So, thanks again. I love you al! <3

So, I don't know what I'll be doing next or even when. I have some ideas floating around, but they're a bit more serious than you all have seen in this. But I hope you all will stick around and continue to support me in the future as a writer. I'll let you know what I'm doing when the time comes, but until then thank you and I love you all!  - ParkHeeRin

 

 

(Also if you want, here's my tumblr? Feel free to spazz or shoot ideas my way... O.o Here: Tumblelikeabuffalo) (Please ignore my weirdness ugh)