Chapter Twenty Six: Prank

Where Fate Takes Us

  Okay.

I don't even know where all of this came from...

I never planned on this scene...

But.... I guess that's part of writing. You never know what's gonna happen...

So yeah... Sorry about the absolute randomness of it all.

I don't even know...

Its really long too...

OTL

Hopefully I'll get back on track in the next chapter... :/


 

Kris POV

“You all better not be planning a proposal in there!” I heard a voice yell from the door. I looked up to see a grumpy looking Julian. Xiumin and Tao ran over and pulled him in before the girls could manage to see or hear anything. Once I processed what he had said I started to crack up.

Proposal? What the heck?!

 Everyone looked at me like I was crazy; except for Julian who watched me with an amused expression.

“Duizhang. What’d he say?” Yi Xing poked my side. I looked up to answer him, but seeing him just brought on a whole new wave of laughter.

Ohhh, this is too good!~

“Ahh, nothing, nothing.” I straightened up and wiped my eyes. I grinned and approached Julian, “Don’t worry. It’s nothing like that.” I patted him on the back. But then I had an amazing thought, “Hey… do you want to play a prank on Nina?” A twinkle appeared in his eyes as I said this,

“I’m listening…”

 

~~~

 

Nina POV

I waited patiently outside the practice room for another good ten minutes. I said ‘I’ because the same could not be said for my dear friends.

“Oh my gosh… When are they gonna let us back in!~ The floor is uncomfortable~” I rolled my eyes and laughed. Finally, the door opened, and to my surprise (and horror) Kris and Julian marched out together, acting like good buddies. I groaned internally. I was hoping this wouldn’t happen. But alas, I should have expected it. Kris is the only one that speaks English and Julian doesn’t know any Korean or Chinese.

It was only a matter of time…

 

“What are you two doing?” I asked lazily from my place against the wall. They both turned to smile at me innocently. A little too innocently.

“Oh, well… Yi Xing needed something. And well, I was hoping that Julian would be able to help me get the right one.” I just stared at them blankly,

“Right... Have fun…?” They smiled and ran off. “What was that about…?” I mumbled. Stephanie and Ava shared knowing looks and I just ignored them.

They’re crazy.

He wouldn’t.

Would he?

 

~~~

 

Kris POV

“Okay. Just put this in your pocket. Then, later tonight drop it ‘accidentally’. Make sure she sees it though. But don’t be too obvious!” Julian grinned and nodded, taking the small jewelery box. I’d gotten it from one of the styalist noonas. Luckily she had learned to not ask too many questions…

“Ha! This is briliant. She’ll probably kill me though… Eh, what’s life without a little risk?” Julian laughed and shrugged as he put the box in his pocket. I laughed and rubbed my hands together.

Yeah. She’d probably kill me too.

So will Yi Xing.

But hey, it’s too good to pass up.

 

~~~

 

Nina POV

“Julian!~ Where are you!~” I yelled around, trying to find my brother. He popped out of a room down the hall,

“Here!” I rolled my eyes and approached him. He’d been off with Kris this whole time, and I had to endure the wrath of a stressed out manager when he learned that EXO M’s leader had run off and was nowhere to be found.

“So. Where did you guys run off to?” He grinned,

“Oh… Nowhere in particular… Just running some errands for Chips.”

“Lay.”

Stop, I’m hungry.”

“You are so weird.” He smirked at me,

“Whatever. I’m gonna go find some food.” At that, he turned and walked away. As he turned I saw something fall from his pocket.

“Ju-” I tried to stop him, but he was already gone. I sighed. That Pabo. I leaned down to pick it up. I frowned as I saw what it was. A jewelry box? I looked at it closely and my eyes widened. This is the perfect size for a ring… Oh gosh. Is this what they got for Yi Xing? Why would my brother participate in this?! That makes no sense! But… It is awefully suspicious… I mean, it is the perfect size…

Should I look? No! I shouldn’t I can’t! It’s not mine. Or is it? No! Its not! Oh… But I’m so curious…

Ava and Stephanie would know what to do!

 

~~~

 

“Yah! Guys! I need help!” I ran into my friends,

 “Why?! What is it?!” I paused to catch my breath. I the box into Ava’s hands and she and Stephanie stared at it.

“Oh. My. Gosh.” Stephanie started laughing and Ava was wide eyed.

“Yeah. I know. Julian just dropped it. And he and Kris went out to get something for Yi Xing earlier, remember? What if it was this? It isn’t this, is it?! Omo, ottokae!?” I stomped my feet.

“Have you opened it?”

“No! I didn’t know if I should… I mean, it’s not mine…”

“So? It will be.” Stephanie teased me.

“Shut up!”

 

Just then, Kris came out of nowhere.

“Hey guys- Oh!” He grabbed the box from Stephanie’s hand, “Where did you find this?!” He asked with a panicked look in his eye. I stared at him,

“Oh… um… Julian dropped it?” I said, unsure of how to respond.

“You didn’t open it did you?” he asked in a rush.

“No…” He sighed,

“Good. I need to get this to Lay.... Stupid Julian… dropping it…” He started mumbling to himself as he walked away, pocketing the box. Stephanie, Ava, and I all looked between one another.

What is going on here?!

 

~~~

 

Lay POV

I walked into our hotel room. It was late at night and I had just finished a last minute run through of my performance for tomarrow with Kai and Sehun. When I came in, everyone was already in bed, except for Kris. He and Julian were sitting on the couch, laughing hysterically and speaking in English. I closed the door loud enough, as to signal my entering of the room. “Oh! Yi Xing!” Kris greeted me. I entered with trepidation, still not really sure of where I stand with Julian. He just stared at me, a small smirk on his face. Well… I guess that’s better that nothing… right…?

I sat my bag down and went to sit in a chair nearby, “What are you doing?” I asked Kris. “Oh… nothing…” He smiled, and I knew he was obviously lying. He was definatly doing something. And something big. I frowned and looked down at the table. There sat a small ring box. My eyes widened and I snatched it up before either of them could grab it. “What’s this?” I looked at Kris. He smirked, “Oh… Well…” He didn’t answer. I opened it up, but it was empty. “Why do you have this?” I asked again. “Umm… Its Julian’s.” He answered and I looked over at Julian. I flipped the box around in my hands. On the bottom I fond writing in Korean. “Yah! You lied. This is from Korea! What is this for?! And why’d you lie about it?” Kris bit his lip. I obviously had him now. “Well… You see…”

 

~~~

 

I can’t believe it. I can’t freaking believe it. I grabbed the box and ran out the door. I went as fast as I could, despite my exhaustion. I finally arrived outside of Nina’s room. I pounded on the door,

“Nina! Nina, open up!” I bent over to catch my breath as I heard footsteps aproach the door.

“Yi Xing? What is it?!” I held out the box. She stared at me with wide eyes,

“This. This is not mine,” I was finally able to get out. “It was a joke. Your brother and Kris were playing a joke on us.” I panted. “See? It’s even empty.” I opened it for her to see. She continued to just stare at me, “Nina? You okay?” I tilted my head to the side to get a better look.

“Huh? Oh, yeah…”

Maybe it was just me, but she looked almost disapointed…

 

It was silent for a moment, untill I finally broke it,

“Nina… Just out of curiousity… What would you have said…?” She stared at me blankly,

“Good night!” And shut the door in my face. I laughed and tossed the box up in the air before catching it.

“Heh. Now its time to go kill Kris…” And I stalked off back to my room to exact my revenge on an evil duizhang.