Chapter Forty Two: Finally

Where Fate Takes Us

Hey guys... :3

Sorry its been awhile...

But to make up for it, here's my favorite chapter I've ever written of anthing.

Ever.

Okay, maybe not, but I still love it.

As does Ava. ;)


 

Kai POV

 

Don’t think that I didn’t know all about the manager situation. Frankly, I wished I was in the middle of it with Kris and Lay. I wished that I had a girlfriend to be good-naturedly scolded by manager about for not telling. Namely, I wished that girl was Ava.

This has got to change soon...

 

My mind was full of thoughts, mostly of Ava, and I needed to escape. What do I do to escape? I dance. I grabbed my bag and trudged down to one of the practice rooms. I was the only one down there, considering we were all on break and no one really wanted to practice that much while on vacation. Of course I’m the weird one. I opened the door quietly.

I the light, walked in, and sat my bag down on the floor by one wall. I sighed and squatted down to search for my water bottle. I rummaged around for a few minutes untill it was obvious that it wasn’t there. I sighed and rubbed my head in frustration,

“Aish…” I grabbed my phone and called Lay hyung.

“Yobusseyo?”

“Ne, hyung. I forgot my water bottle. Could you or someone come bring it down for me please?”

“Oh. Yeah, sure.”

“Ah, gomawo hyung.” I smiled, grateful for his kindness. So many people would have blown me off and told me to come and get my own stinking bottle. Thank goodness he didn’t.

I set about to practicing. I had an urge to practice some of the dances from the teasers. I started playing the music and the first on the disk was What is Love. I smiled as memories of filming and practicing for the teasers came flooding back to me. I noticed a chair sitting off to the side of the room and ran to grab it. I placed it in the center of the room, facing the mirror. When Sehun was learning the dance for his teaser, I had decided to learn it with him. I remembered the laughs we had shared as we had to learn this strange dance involving a chair. I grinned and shook my head. It was so weird, yet here I was doing it again.

I restarted the song and took position. I tried emulating the whole teaser. I went from being Sehun to myself, dancing around with a shirt. I tried imagining that it was really Ava I was dancing with. The thought of that made me smile. I’m sure that would embarrass her more than anything. I turned to the mirror and smirked slightly, admiring the dance and the way my body moved. If only the girl I liked could even look at me. She’s to busy admiring the floor to notice me.

But I’m done with this. I’m gonna make her notice me.

There was a slight knock on the door before it opened slightly and I immediately began questioning everything in life, because there before me stood none other than Ava. My luck was amazing. Or, there’s always the possibiliy that Lay or Nina had something to do with this. Always possible. I chuckled to myself and just continued dancing, pretending as though I hadn’t noticed her. I was sure to do some of my more impressive and seductive(A/N: “Ava” is gonna kill me for that…) dance moves. The next time I looked at her she was bright red. I stopped, pretending to be surprised and embarassed that she saw me, finally putting my acting lessons to some good use. She blushed and looked away.

“Ummm… Here.” She shoved her hand out, indicating that I take the water bottle. I smiled genuinely at her and approached her. I reached out to take it from her, making sure to subtly swipe my fingers over hers. She stiffened at my touch slightly, but didn’t pull away just yet. I took it from her finally and took a long drink from it.

“Ah, thanks.” I wiped my mouth and smiled at her. She gulped,

“Uh. I’m just gonna go now.” She turned to leave, but I grabbed her wrist before she could go,

“Wait. Won’t you stay for awhile? It’s rather lonely being down here all alone sometimes.” She stared back into my eyes as I held her there.

“…Okay…” I smiled.

Finally

 

 

She went and sat on a couch in the corner as I continued to dance around for a few minutes. Finally I came up with a great idea. I stopped and turned to face Ava with a mischevious grin on my face,

“Ava~” She looked at me with a worried expression,

“…what…?” I walked over and plopped down next to her.

“How would you like to learn one of EXO’s dances?” She stared at me like I was crazy.

“From you? You want to teach me a dance?” I nodded and she snorted, turning away.

“Why?~”

“I can’t dance…”

“But that’s why I have to teach you~ Come on!” I stood up and easily pulled her up with me. She squeaked in surprise as she was pulled from the couch.

“No no no no!” She tried pulling away as I dragged her towards the center of the room. I smiled, laughing as I pulled her along.

 

Finally I was satisfied with our position in the room.

“Stay.” I looked at her sternly and she just stared up at me with big eyes. I smiled and let go of her wrist. I turned to face the mirror and began demonstrating part of History as well as I could. “…And then you step here, moving you arm like… that. Then, do that and…” I turned to see her standing there awkwardly watching my feet. I smiled, “Wanna try?” She covered her face with her hands. I laughed and took her arms and directed them the proper way. She eventually gave in and began attempting the feet movements, but she was too stiff and it didn’t work. Eventually she broke away from me and ran to stand by the chair that had been moved to the side of the room,

“Stop! I can’t dance!” I chuckled and approached her,

“You just need practice. Anyone can dance. I can help you.” She shook her head vigerously,

“No! I-I can’t!” I sighed and tried approaching her, but she just moved around the chair. I smirked,

“Really?” She just watched me and continued circling. “Fine.” I suddenly changed my direction and caught her by surprise. We almost ran into eachother, but she was able to avoid me at the last second. This went on untill I just decided to go with my gut.

It’s time Kai.

 

 “Stop. Running. From. Me.” With every word I said, she leaned towards the other side of the chair and I mirrored her actions. “Ava.” I stopped and so did she. We stared at eachother, “I like you.” Her eyes widened and she stayed silent. Slowly she turned and just sat in the chair. I walked around untill I was infront of her. I crouched down to look at her. She had the most confused, lost look of her face. I tilted my face in confusion, “Ava?” She quickly covered her face with her hands. I poked her knee, “Avaaaaaa.” Nothing. “Ava.” She shook her head cutely. “I like you.” She gasped and removed her hands from her face,

“No you don’t!” I chuckled,

“Ummm, yes, I do.”

“Nooooo,” She protested. I grabbed her hands,

“Yes. I do.” She stared down at our hands and blushed. She looked away.

“Ummm… Ummm… I, umm…”

“Yes?”

Ilikeyoutoookay?!” And with that she stood up and ran away, slamming the door behind her. I stared after her with a smile.

Pabo. You don’t just run after confessing to someone. Especially when I already told you I like you. I sighed as I stood up.

 I guess I have to go find her again… She’s getting pretty good at hiding…

 


Haha, did you like it? XP

Oh, and idk if you guys knew, but Ava is actually based off of one of my friends and she... yeah. She liked this chapter... Just a little bit. XP