Chapter Five: Saying Goodbye

Where Fate Takes Us

Okay, I'm updating again because I just really want to get this moving! I have so much planned and I'm just so excited to share it! XD

I was writing on a later chapter and just couldn't take it any more!~

So, here you go!~

 

____________________________________________________

 

I was currently standing infront of the airport with Lay. I’d said my goodbyes to EXO this morning before leaving. They all desperately wanted to come and see me off, but we all knew that that would only end in more trouble for all of us. So, Suho and Kris had decreed that Lay was to accompany me, but none of the other members. They all grumbled about it, but accepted it, knowing that it was best for all of us.  

I had already cried multiple times today and it was only 9:00.

What a wonderful start to my day.

I stared up at the building that awaited me; fear and anticipation all building up in me at once. I was totally afraid of everything that was going on right now. I didn’t know what the future held for me anymore. I was back to a state in my life where everything was so unsure. Since I’d come to Korea with EXO my life had become so predictable and comfortable, if you can believe that. But what I mean is that for the first time in a long time I knew exactly what I would be doing everyday. I had friends, a steady job, and a home. Before that I had been traveling aimlessly through China trying to find a good job. I never knew what would happen the next day: where I would go, who I’d meet. I didn’t have many friends and my home was a new hotel or apartment every couple of weeks or so. It all depended on so much.

And now, here I was again: standing on the brink of change.

I was about to step into the unknown again. What was going to happen now? Would my brother be okay? Would I be able to come back soon, if at all? What if everything goes bad and I’m forced to stay back home? What if I never see EXO again? What about Lay and I? What’ll happen between us while I’m gone? Will we be able to make this work long distance? I know that I’m over thinking things, but I can’t help it. I’m worried and when I’m worried I overthink.

I was suddenly brought back to reality by the touch of a warm hand on my arm. I looked down in shock, then back up to his face. It was Lay.

“Nina. Stop. You’re hyperventilating. Everything will be fine.” I watched him wide eyed and nodded slowly. He sighed and hugged me suddenly. “Nina, I love you. Please, just be safe. Don’t worry about all of us. We’ll be fine, okay?” I nodded and fought back more tears. He pulled away and kissed me quickly. “I love you,” I nodded,

“I love you too.” I said one last time before I was rushed away from him by the crowd of people boarding the plane.

I love you

 

~~~

 

Many hours later I was stepping out of the airport and trying to find a cab. I quickly found one and loaded all of my stuff into the trunk before climbing in and told the driver my parents address. I fiddled with my phone, trying to decide what to do. Finally, I typed in the familiar number and pressed call. I had to let him know I was here. I was here and safe.

I just wasn’t with him

 

~~~

 

I finally arrived at my parent’s house and called them to let them know. They rushed out to greet me and help me with my bags. When my mom saw me standing there she burst into tears and hugged me to her tightly,

“Oh, Nina! I’ve missed you so much!”

“We both have,” I heard my father say over her shoulder. I smiled, happy to see them both. We finally pulled apart and I attacked my dad with hugs. We all stood outside in the drive for a moment,

“So… How is he?” I finally asked the dreaded question. My mom sighed and looked away as my dad answered,

“He’s doing better. He’s responding to the surguries and medications well. He’s going to have to stay in the hospital for awhile longer though. It was a bad accident. He broke his arm and a couple of ribs. They were afraid that one of his ribs could have punctured a lung for awhile; that’s why this was so serious. But, it didn’t and he’s fine in that sense. So, it’s not as bad as we had all feared, but he’s still in a very bad condition.” I nodded solemly. At least he’s alive and doing better.

“Can we go see him? I need to see him.” My mom reached out and touched my shoulder,

“Are you sure? Shouldn’t you sleep some first?” She asked.  I shook my head,

“I’m used to being sleep deprived. I can last a little longer. I need to see my brother.” She looked at me oddly but nodded. She doesn’t really know the full extent of my job… She just knows I’m a translator in Korea. She knows nothing of EXO and their crazy schedules keeping me up as well as them at odd hours.

I’ll save that news for a later time and discussion.

 

We arrived at the hospital about 20 minutes later and they took me up to his room. My parents went on in and took a seat. I peeked in around the door frame, both shy and nervous after so long.

“Julian” I heard my mom speak to him. I heard a small mumble in response. “Your sister’s here. She’s come to see you.” I heard the bed squeeking as he tried to move around and get a better view, but my mom laid a hand on his chest and he stopped.

“Where is she?” I heard him ask grufly, the pain obviously making it hard to talk. I finally stepped forward and approached his bed. He smiled as he saw me, despite the pain, and I smiled back. I walked up and he opened his hand for me to take. I did and he squeezed my hand gently; too gently. He must really be in pain. I sighed,

“Julian. You better get well soon.” I looked down at him sternly, although I knew threatening him wouldn’t make him heal any faster. He chuckled slightly before having to stop with a look of pain evident on his face, “I think you need some more medication.” I said worriedly. He grunted in response,

“They’ll be in soon with the next dose.” I nodded. It was silent for a while and then he spoke again, “I can’t talk much now, but later you better tell me all about what’s happened since you’ve been gone.” He gave me a mock stern look and I giggled, nodding. He sighed and closed his eyes, “Alright. Well, I’m tired. Don’t mind if I doze off.” He said. I squeezed his hand once again.

I stood there for a few minutes as I watched him fall asleep in a matter of minutes. I eventually let go of his hand and went to sit by my parents. A nurse entered soon and I stood up as she came in. She looked up at me in surprise. Then she smiled as realization dawned on her,

“Ah! You must be his sister. He’s been so excited that you’re coming. Every chance he can he brags about you to all of the nurses.” I blushed slightly and nodded. That pabo. He should save his breath and energyfor more important things. She walked over to him and changed out his IV fluid and injected a new dose of medicine as he slept. My parents stood too and she came back over to us,

“So, how is he? Are there any developments?” I asked. She nodded,

“He’s doing quite well. He should be able to leave within the week. He’s still in a lot of pain, but it should lessen soon and we’ll be lowering the dosage of painkillers as that happens. Other than that, there’s not much to say right now.  We’ll let you know of anything new as it happens.”

“Thank you,” My father said. She nodded and with that she left us alone in the hospital room.