Chapter Forty Nine: A Little Daring

Where Fate Takes Us

 

Kai POV

You could imagine my surprise when I looked up and saw Stephanie staring at us. Her eyes widened and she fell to the side, taking a blonde (Kris of course) down with her. I scoffed and looked away quickly. Now that I knew they were here and spying on us, I didn’t feel comfortable. I decided that now would be a good time to loose them. I pulled Ava towards the exit. She looked at me in surprise. I considered telling her what I saw, but I figured she wouldn’t be happy. So, instead I smiled and put a finger to my lips. She watched me in confusion as I got our shoes and we quickly changed out of them. I headed towards the exit.

“Where are we going now?” She asked. I just smiled, not saying a word.

 

We trudged on down the unfamiliar streets. I made sure to not go too far from the hotel, out of fear of getting lost. Getting lost would look really bad, especially since I don’t speak English and I’d have to depend on her for translation. Buying the skates had been hard enough on my own. The guy kept talking to me and looking at me strangly while I tried to explain what I wanted. But, that was done and over with. It was time to forget ad stop cringing over the weird glances of the people around me. But, it was all worth it since I was here with Ava.

Somehow, she’d allowed me to remain holding her hand all the while. When we had stopped to change shoes I was afraid that things would be awkward again and I’d have to just walk along beside her. But as we left, I had reached out and taken her hand again. She didn’t react near as strongly as she had before and we just went on walking. I smiled to myself; proud of our small improvements.

I soon found what I was looking for: a café. I had no clue about her, but I was really hungry. The bell clanged as we entered. I looked around. The place was small and cozy, a heavy smell of coffee filling the room. We approached the counter and we both looked up at the hanging menu overhead. Oh gosh… My vision was filled with a jumble of English words and I grimaced. Looks like I’m getting coffee… We placed our orders and I paid. Ava’s small giggle as I ordered “Kopi” didn’t go unnoticed by me and I blushed slightly. I also bought a huge muffin for us to share. We sat with our drinks and sat in awkward silence for a few minutes. I split the muffin and began nibbling on my half. I watched her.

“Do you not like it?” I asked when she never picked it up. She paled slightly,

“Uhh, no. I’m not hungry…”

“Oh.” I thought for a minute, “Well, you can take it with you and eat it later if you like.” She smiled and nodded, before taking a tentative sip of her own coffee.

 

I was able to pull a few moments of conversation from her before I was finished with my coffee and muffin. I looked down at the empty cup sadly and noticed that she was near done too. I looked up at the clock and sighed.

“We should probably be heading back…” I said softly. I noticed her slight frown as I said this. While I was sad to end the night, I was glad to know that she had indeed enjoyed it. She took her last sip before I took her cup and returned it to the counter.

 

~~~

 

A short walk later and we were back at the hotel. I purposefully walked slowly on the way back and Ava did the same. I didn’t want this to end yet, but I suppose it must. We eventually arrived back at her hotel room. I sighed as she opened the door. She was standing in the doorway when she turned back to look at me,

“Goodnight.” She said softly. I smiled and went with my gut. All night I’d been playing it safe and comfortable. It was extremly frustrating. I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around her in a hug. She stood there stiffly,

“Goodnight,” I whispered back before pulling away. She stared at me for a moment with wide eyes before a blush slowly began making its way across her cheeks. I smiled cheekily at her and she blushed harder, slamming the door in the process. I know most normal guys would have been down-trodden by that ending, but I wasn’t. It wasn’t quite perfect, but it was us. It was just the type of ending I would have expected and nothing less. Any other reaction and I wouldn’t know what to do. So far I know where we stand with eachother because of her reactions and that reaction included everything: the blushing, the stiffening, the sudden avoidance. Yeah, everything was great.

I walked back to my room in a daze, replaying every moment of the night over and over again in my head. I arrived back and let myself in, only to be immediately attacked by Chanyeol,

“So!? How’d it go!? Stephanie said you guys were holding hands but- oops…” Chanyeol stopped mid-sentence and looked down, ashamed by the secret he’d just spilled. The whole room went silent as they waited for my reaction. Instead of the expected anger, I just laughed.

“I already saw her. If I wasn’t so happy right now, you might be dead.” The silence broke as everyone prodded me, trying to get me to spill on everything. I just smiled and talked, telling them about it all and how happy I’d been.

 


Update like promised! :D And Stephanie says that I got Ava's charachter spot on. XP

Ohhh, therse kids are too fun to write...