Hidden Secrets

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello Everyone! Finally a new chapter! Enjoy! :)

 

 

 

 

 

"Eh?" you asked completely stunned.

Did he just . . . say what I think he did? How could he be the first to remember?

You would have definitely bet that Eunhyuk would have been the first one to remember you out of the two. The intensity of his glaring eyes caused a surge of adrenaline to shoot up your veins. To make matters worse, you felt as if your heart was going to burst anytime soon. You tried making a fist in order to calm your quivering fingers but that seem to have made matters worse. Your legs turned to jelly and knees grew weak. While all of this was occurring, you didn't even realize the tightening grip on your wrist. A blaring horn from the streets woke you up from the trance. Stunned, you blinked your eyes multiple times at the reality of the situation.

Did he really have that much of an effect on me?

"Your hurting me," you mumbled trying to wriggle free from his grasp. He then slowly released your wrists and walked towards the door while smirking at your flabbergasted expression. "W-wait!" you stammered, "How d-did -"

"I know?" he finished for you. Still nervously fumbling with the keys in your hand, you nodded. He leaned his head back and let out an exasperated sigh.

"I kind of had a feeling. You still have that same sad, pathetic aura about you." Astonished at his words, your eyes grew wide. Is he still going to be like this even after three years? "You can hire all the famous stylists in the world, but that is never going to change who you are."

He slid his hands into his jacket pocket and walked towards the door. Before he left, he turned around and gave you a stern look. "Ya! Don't mention any of this to Eunhyuk and the others! Or else."

You scoffed. You had never even mentioned that you were bullied to your own parents or friends so why would you start now? What seemed to astonish you was the fact that he never even felt sorry for what he did or even have the decency to apologize.

"Fine," you grumbled under your breath. The only reason you agreed was because you honestly believed that you would never see him again. Just as he was about to open the door you called him back one more time.

Aggravated, he swiftly turned around and yelled out, "WAE??"

You shuddered at his tone of voice and replied, "Umm . . . if you don't mind, can you not come here when I work?"

"Now that I know you are working here I am not even going to step foot into this restaurant!"

You flinched again upon hearing his words. Why was he so upset with you? Moreover, his answer had two diverse affects on you. One you were in a state of bliss since you could work properly and two, were you really that repulsive that he won't even come into his own restaurant because you were there?

 

Donghae stepped out of the restaurant and shook his head vigorously. "Aish! What is wrong with me?" It frustrated him that he was the one who was able to remember you. But why exactly? The moment he saw you with SJ-M, he knew something was strikingly familiar about you. He didn't want to make it obvious so he constantly stole glances at you while you weren't looking.

Then it hit him. The way you fidgeted with your hands while the two groups were arguing was the same peculiar behavior you had when you were bullied. He knew it was something you would do whenever you were nervous. Usually when someone was nervous, they would start sweating or stuttering but you were odd since you would bring both hands in front of you and tug the fabric of your dress as tightly as possible then release it. This strange cycle would continue on and on until the bullying stopped. And those eyes of yours! How could someone forget them? They were soft and innocent but also very deep and strong like a candlelight refusing to burn out. Nevertheless, he was confused and aggravated at the same time. 
 

You sighed in relief as Donghae left the restaurant. It felt as if you can finally breathe again. You gazed at the time.

"Darn it! It's already late!" you exclaimed and quickly grabbed your belongings to leave and locked up the restaurant. While stepping on the rocky, cement sidewalk, you gazed above you and noticed the twinkling lanterns floating above you which illuminated the streets. You continued walking forward when you heard a bell ring behind you. Stunned, you turned around and saw Henry waving to you on his bicycle. You smiled and skipped towards him.

 "Surprised to see me?" Henry asked poking your cheeks.

You nodded. This was odd. Why was he riding a bike? Isn’t he supposed to be filthy rich? He could easily get a Mercedes if he wanted to. He seemed to be very simple, unlike the other members.

"I think I am more surprised to see you here so late. What are you doing here?" he asked. You didn't want him to know that you were working in Donghae's restaurant when there was already a big feud between the two groups.

Instead, you calmly answered, "Nothing really, just taking a walk." He walked alongside his bike and came towards you.

 "Mind if I walk with you?" You shook your head and casually walked with him. "So how was you first day on campus?" he asked.

"Umm . . . It was okay I guess."

"Just okay?"

You nodded. You were not particularly invigorated by your professor's long speech during orientation. Honestly, it bored you to tears.

"So you were not really surprised with the SJ and SJ-M rivalry?" he stated while smiling.

"Oh! Right . . . that was a bit . . ."

"Scary?"

"I wasn't scared!" you claimed in defense.

"No? Then tell me why you were shaking as if you jumped into the Arctic Ocean.”

Embarrassed, you dropped your head low and gazed at the paved sidewalk. It wasn’t actually fear that overcame you during their meeting, it was nerves that you would be subject of ridicule again.

“Hey!” Henry exclaimed, “I am just messing with you!” You gave a weak smile and the two of you continued to walk towards the bus stop. You slightly peeked to the side and noticed a couple of music sheets within Henry’s bag.

“Are you learning music?” you asked pointing to the papers.

Henry gently gazed behind him and smiled. “No, I teach music.” You stared at him with your eyes widening.

Seriously? He seems pretty young to be a music teacher!

“Really? That’s so amazing! I always wanted to learn how to play the piano but never got the time.”

“Why not?”

“I had to focus on studying, so I had less time for sports and music. My cousin would always play the piano whenever we would go visit our relatives. I used to be so jealous that she got all the attention!”

“I never knew you were the jealous type.”

“Eh? Aniyo!” you exclaimed while waving your hands in front of you in complete panic, “I-It’s nothing like that! I-It w-was a l-long time ago! I am not like that anymore!”

Henry couldn’t help but snicker at your alarmed state. It was so amusing! You were stumbling over your own words and had a shocked expression as if you had seen a ghost.

“Wae?” you asked softly, completely bewildered by his laughter.

“Its nothing,” he stated in between laughter, “Hey, if you are not in a hurry, would you mind coming with me for a few minutes.”

            “Where?”

            “You will find out.”

            You narrowed your eyes suspiciously as a smile crept onto your lips. Nonetheless, you followed him back down the sidewalk. The two of you eventually came upon a small building and since it was approaching nightfall, you could not really read the sign above it. Henry placed his bike near the curb and opened the door to the building.

            “This way,” he stated and lead you to a small hallway which had about three to four doors on each side. He finally came too the end and opened the last door and flicked on the light. Inside, you saw a gorgeous, ebony piano that took your breath away. “How is it?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter