The Wedding

Living As His Fiancé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sadly gazed back at the boys who looked at you with a melancholy expression. Together, all of you silently walked up to the seating area in the front yard and took your seats. Since Eunhyuk was the best man, he stood up front near the altar. It was only then when you noticed Donghae in the front underneath a white arch, gloriously decorated with white lilies and roses.

You gasped. He actually looked quite frail. His cheeks were no longer cute and chubby like they used to be and his skin itself was a sickly pale color. What was this boy doing to himself? You tried to slouch back in your chair in an attempt to not be seen but when the organ started playing, you noticed Eunhyuk whispering something in Donghae’s ear. Almost instantly, Donghae’s expression brightened up and he frantically started scanning the audience.

When it was time for the bride to enter, everyone turned around to watch Sica enter on the white carpet. The entire audience gasped at her beauty and you yourself had to admit she looked quite beautiful. Sica gazed up softly to see Donghae, but her expression quickly changed since he was not even looking at her. He was looking at someone else. Even though others weren’t able to catch it, you caught Sica’s dim expression.

When you turned to face the front, a shiver jolted up your spine. That was when you noticed that Donghae’s eyes were on you and only you. That one look was enough to make your heart leap with joy and your breathing to escalate as if you were running a marathon. The two of you wanted nothing more but to run into each other’s arms at that very moment and embrace one another. His fingers trembled and his legs grew weak since his body itself couldn’t comprehend the fact that he had to accept another women into his arms. He wanted you and no one else but you. Donghae continued to look at you with such sadness and worry within his eyes. In response, you gently gave him a reassuring nod telling him that you were okay and that everything is fine.

“Dearly beloved,” the minister began, “We are gathered together here in the sign of God – and in the face of this company – to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace.” Although you wanted to scream at the top of your lungs, you remained silent. The vicar continued with his speech until finally, he came to the exchange of vows. “Do you, Lee Donghae, take Jung Jessica to be your wife – to live together after God’s ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony?”

There was brief pause while everyone clung onto their seats in suspense for Donghae’s next two words. He closed his eyes and for a small second, gazed at the ground. Everyone eyed him precariously and this only tortured him further. The only face he wanted to see right now was yours.

He took a deep breath before sadly muttering in a tired and fatigued voice, “I do.” You heart burned when you heard him say those words of promise to another women. You suddenly had the urge to run away from the yard but you didn’t want to create a scene in front of all these spectators.

The priest then turned to Sica before asking her, “And do you Jung Jessica take Lee Donghae to be your husband – to live together after God’s ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony?”

Another moment of silence passed on by. Sica took a deep breath and surprised everyone when she answered, “No, I do not.”

A rush of murmurs and whispers sped throughout the crowd while all the guests, including Donghae and you, gazed upon Sica with shock in their eyes.

“I beg your pardon?” the minister asked again.

“I cannot marry Donghae. He doesn’t love me.” Sica’s parents through their hands up in frustration before pulling her aside and seriously reprimanding her.

“JUNG JESSICA!” her mother roared across the yard, “What the hell do you think you are doing?”

“I am doing what I think is right mother!” Sica replied back in defence, “This wedding is not right f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter