Luhan's Inspiration

Only You

 

Ji Hyun was fixing her make-up before going into the restaurant to meet Baekhyun. She wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong with the way she looked before seeing him. Finally, feeling confident enough, Ji Hyun made her way into the restaurant. She saw Baekhyun sitting down waiting patiently for her.

            “Hi, sorry if I kept you waiting,” Ji Hyun said, she took a seat across from Baekhyun. “Did you already order?”

            “Yeah, did you want to order anything?” Baekhyun asked.

            Ji Hyun shook her head. “Nope, I’m fine, I um… Had some coffee before I got here and of course you know I’m not a big eater.” Of course Ji Hyun remembered that she actually only had a couple of sips before she spilled the rest on Luhan’s sweater. The thought of Luhan made Ji Hyun feel uneasy, she wasn’t sure why, but she felt the need to see him again.

 

             Luhan was back at home doing what he promised himself earlier. He was playing his piano, which relaxed him. He was playing the song, Into Your World (Angel), one of the very first songs he learned how to play. He knew the song like the back of his hand, taking in all the notes being played. All his worries went away, his mom, Reira, and his career. Whenever he was playing piano, not for a concert, but just for his enjoyment. Everything seemed oblivious to him while he was playing until something caught his eye. On the couch, was the teddy bear still lying there from the other day. He walked over to the teddy bear and gently picked it up. On the bear’s left arm there was a tiny stitch that was loose and there was stuffing sticking out. He ran his fingers through it and started thinking of Ji Hyun again.

            All he thought about was if Ji Hyun was the Ji Hyun he knew when he was younger. His mind was telling him she wasn’t because she didn’t seem like it, but something else in him was telling him she was. His thoughts were interrupted, by a knock on the door. Luhan was hesitant to open the door, but he knew that if he didn’t open the door, whoever it was, they would overflow his phone with texts and calls. He slowly opened the door and groaned when he saw his mom.

            “Mom, what are you doing here?” Luhan looked out the door just to make sure Reira wasn’t there with her.

            “I just wanted to tell you that tomorrow you’ll have dinner with Reira,” Mrs. Xi told her son as she sat down at the dining table.

            “Mom, what if I told you I didn’t want to marry Reira,” Luhan said.         

            “Of course you want to marry Reira, she’s beautiful.”

            Luhan sighed, he knew he would never get through to his mother. “Mom, I don’t love Reira.”

            “Who is she?” Mrs. Xi asked.

            “What?”

            “Who is the girl that you love? If you don’t love Reira, than you must love someone else, who is the girl you love?”

            “No, mom, there isn’t another girl, I just don’t want to marry Reira, because she just isn’t the one for me,” Luhan admitted.

            Mrs. Xi started getting impatient with her son. “Well, if there’s no one else, than why can’t you get married to Reira? Luhan, I’m starting to get very impatient with your behavior lately and if there isn’t a legitimate reason for you not to get married to Reira than you have to marry her.”

            “Well, is there a legitimate reason on why I should marry her?” Luhan muttered.

            “Just please… Don’t make it harder than it needs to be and just marry her, okay?” Mrs. Xi got up from where she was sitting and placed her hand on her son’s shoulder. “Is there something worrying you?”

            Yes. “No.” Luhan just walked over to the door and opened it for his mother. “I’ll go to dinner with Reira if it’ll make you feel better, but can you at least come with me?”

            “Of course not, tomorrow I have to interview someone so they can work at my bridal store,” Mrs. Xi informed, walking out of Luhan’s condo. She faced her son again. “But I will call you afterwards to see how well it went.”

            “Who are you interviewing?” Luhan questioned.

            “No, just one of my friend’s daughter, you probably wouldn’t care,” Mrs. Xi felt a little uneasy thinking about it.

            “You have friends?”

            Mrs. Xi smirked at her son. “Very funny and yes I do have friends.” She kissed her son on the cheek. “Don’t forget tomorrow at 8, dress nice.”

            The minute Luhan closed the door he screamed in anger and stress. He didn’t want to go anywhere with Reira, but if Luhan told her about Ji Hyun, she would probably freak out and force Luhan to marry Reira right there. He didn’t know what he was going to do to get out of this, but he needed to think of something quick.

            After Ji Hyun had lunch with Baekhyun, her mother left a message telling her she wanted Ji Hyun to come over for dinner. Ji Hyun didn’t really want to go over to her parent’s house, but she had no choice. Plus, she didn’t want to damage their relationship even more than it already was. Arriving at her parent’s house, Ji Hyun felt a little nervous. She knocked on the door waiting patiently for someone to answer the door.

            Mrs. Hwan opened the door and immediately smiled at the sight of her daughter. “Ji Hyun, I’m glad you’re here, I thought you wouldn’t even think of coming.”

            Ji Hyun walked in and noticed how quiet the house was. “Where’s Ha Joon?”

            “He’s out on a play date with that one girl, Cho Hee,” Her mother said as she made her way to the living room.

            “So what did you want to talk about?” Ji Hyun asked. She took her spot on the couch. Her mother normally took the seat across from her but instead she sat next to Ji Hyun. Ji Hyun was a little shocked by it and sat up straighter.

            “Your brother is coming back from America,” Mrs. Hwan couldn’t barely contain her happiness, she had the biggest smile Ji Hyun has ever seen… In a while that is.

            “Really? When?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “He’s coming on Saturday, he called me telling me he wanted to see you and Ha Joon,” Mrs. Hwan informed.

            “Saturday? That’s in two days. Not that I’m not happy to see Chanyeol, but why is he coming? When he left, he was so happy leave,” Ji Hyun reminded her mother. When Ji Hyun’s younger brother, Chanyeol, left to America about a year ago, he wasn’t exactly sad about leaving. He seemed really happy that he was leaving his family behind.

            “He misses you and Ha Joon, is that so wrong to miss his siblings?”

            “Where will he be staying?”

            “Well, since you have enough room in your apartment, I was wondering if he could stay with you,” Mrs. Hwan suggested.

            Ji Hyun sighed. “Mom, Chanyeol didn’t exactly say goodbye to me when he left, plus he never answered any of my calls whenever I tried calling him.

            “Maybe he wants to apologize for not talking to you this whole time,” Mrs. Hwan suggested. “Please, just let him stay with you.”

            “Why can he stay here?” Ji Hyun wondered.

            “Because, I think he would be more comfortable if he stayed with you. Please, you two used to be so close.”

            “Fine, I guess it wouldn’t hurt for him to stay with me and I do really miss him,” Ji Hyun admitted.

            “That’s good, I want you two to get along again,” Mrs. Hwan said.

            “Mom, do you know why Chanyeol left so suddenly?” Ji Hyun asked.

            Mrs. Hwan felt a little uncomfortable, but did her best to keep smiling in front of Ji Hyun. “He was just so excited.”

            “Oh… Okay,” Ji Hyun could tell her mother was lying, but she didn’t want to ask her anymore questions. She decided she would ask Chanyeol when she would go pick him up on Saturday. “Well, I guess I better go.”

            “Wait!” Mrs. Hwan almost forgot to tell Ji Hyun about Mrs. Xi’s job offer. “Tomorrow, you have a job interview.”

            “A job interview? For what?” Ji Hyun said confused.

            “Well, one of my friends wanted to offer you a job to work at their bridal store and I told her that you would go,” Mrs. Hwan replied, she handed Ji Hyun the card with the information. “I thought you would like working there, because you always loved looking at wedding dresses.”

            “Okay? What time?” Ji Hyun asked, she looked at the card and noticed the last name “Xi.” It was Luhan’s last name, but she knew that it could just be a coincidence.

            “Around 6:15,” Mrs. Hwan replied.

            “6:15? That’s 15 minutes before Ha Joon gets out of piano practice. I’m pretty sure I’ll need more time for the interview,” Ji Hyun said worried. “Maybe I shouldn’t go.”

            “Don’t worry, you should go to the interview, I’ll pick him up tomorrow.”

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes, don’t worry.”

            “Okay, thanks mom.” Ji Hyun hugged her mom, something she hasn’t done in a long time, it shocked her mother. In return, Mrs. Hwan hugged her daughter as well, happy that they put their issues behind, for now anyways.

            After Mrs. Xi visited Luhan telling him his plans for tomorrow night, he called his friends to come over. Sehun, Kris, and Jessica were the only ones that were able to come over since Lay and Kai were at their dance classes.

            “So, you’re going on a date with Reira tomorrow?” Kris said to Luhan.

            “Yeah, I told my mom I didn’t want to go,” Luhan muttered.

            “And? What did she say?” Sehun asked.

            “Nothing! She just told me that I had to go!” Luhan snapped. “Plus, she asked me if I didn’t love Reira, that I must have loved someone else.”

            “Well, do you love someone else?” Jessica questioned. “Is there a reason why you don’t love Reira?”

            “I don’t love Reira, because I just don’t,” Luhan replied.

            “Well, then do you love someone else?” Sehun asked.

            “I don’t know!” Luhan collapsed on the couch next to Sehun. “I don’t know if I love someone else!”

            “So there is someone else?” Jessica said just to make sure she interpreted Luhan’s words correctly.

            “I don’t know.”

            “Who do you like?” Jessica started to get excited. “Is she pretty? Do we know her? What is she like? Luhan tell me who is she?!?!”

            Luhan was just sitting there, wondering if he should tell his friends about his childhood love. He thought if he told his friends about the childhood Ji Hyun, they would probably laugh at him, but if he didn’t tell them, then it would be hard for them to understand why he truly didn’t want to marry Reira.

            “There isn’t another girl,” Luhan stated simply. “I just don’t want to marry Reira.”

            Jessica’s excitement faded into disappointment, thinking that Luhan actually did like a girl and was open to admitting it. “Luhan, your music career has been toned down and all you’ve been doing is teaching children how to play piano. Don’t you think that maybe right now would be a good idea to find a girlfriend?”

            “There isn’t anyone that interests me,” Luhan got up from the coach. Jessica, Sehun, and Kris just all looked disappointed. They couldn’t believe that Luhan hasn’t found anyone yet that interest him let alone got someone to bring back his piano charisma.

            “Have you played the piano lately?” Kris asked.

            “Yeah, I played earlier,” Luhan answered.

            “How was it?” Sehun wondered.

            “I’m not sure, I think I play better when I have an inspiration” Luhan admitted. “I think it puts less pressure on me.”

            “Okay… So, you lost your inspiration?” Sehun said confused.

            “No, well not completely, there was something or someone that inspired me to be a musician. Maybe I just forgot what it was”

            “So, what? You’re going to quit?” Jessica felt a little scared at Luhan’s words.

            “No! I’m not going to quit, I just need to find that one person or thing that inspired me in the first place that doesn't pressure me,” Luhan said.

            “Do we pressure you?” Kris questioned still a little confused.

            “Yes, you, Jessica, Sehun, Kai, Lay, especially my mom pressure me,” Luhan answered.

            “So, how will you know the person that doesn’t pressure you?” Sehun wondered.

            “I don’t know? Maybe I’ll find them some place completely random,” Luhan admitted to his three friends, making them feel a little reckless. They all just looked at each other confused and thought that Luhan probably lacked enough sleep from all the coffee to even know what he was saying. But they decided to go along with it, in hopes that their friend would find their "inspiration." Wherever it was. 

A/N: I can't believe I start school next week! I'm so not excited for school, but who cares about my school problems right? Yes, Chanyeol is Ji Hyun's younger brother and I'm pretty sure some of you guys are wondering, "Why did you pick Chanyeol?" Well there's a secret on why I picked Chanyeol and the next chapter, will show the appearance of Reira again and she'll tell something to Luhan that will make him completely freak out. I plan on putting the next chapter up by late tomorrow or some time Friday.