Are You Really Not the One?

Only You

Thankfully, Luhan’s phone wasn’t broken, but there were some dents, that weren’t too noticeable. Luhan texted Reira, telling him he wanted to meet her and within two seconds she already replied. Now, it was time for Luhan to call Tiffany to explain to her what was going on. On his way to meeting Reira, he quickly decided to call Tiffany.

            Tiffany was about to leave Luhan’s condo, when she felt her phone vibrating in her purse. She saw it was Luhan and quickly answered it. “Hello?”

            “Tiffany, I need to tell you something!” Luhan said quickly.

            “Yeah, me too! Why did you bail on Ji Hyun?” Tiffany asked.

            “I’m guessing she already called you…”

            “Yeah, she did and she seemed pretty upset!” Tiffany snapped. “I hope you’re happy!”

            “Well, I’m not. Anyways, that’s not the point. If Ji Hyun asks if I’m sick say yes, okay?”

            “Why do you want me to lie about you being sick?” Tiffany asked.

            “Because, my mom wants me to go meet Reira,” Luhan muttered knowing that Tiffany was probably going to yell at him.

            “WHAT!?! WHY?!? ARE YOU INSANE?!?” Tiffany shouted.

            “I already told you, my mom wants me to meet up with her,” Luhan replied.

            “Luhan! You bailed on Ji Hyun for Reira? Are you insane?”

            “Look, just… If Ji Hyun asks, tell her that I’m at home in bed, okay?”

            Tiffany sighed. “Luhan, if you’re going to be with Ji Hyun, you’re supposed to tell her the truth. It seems like all you’ve been doing is lying to her.”

            “I’m not lying to Ji Hyun. I keeping her from getting hurt,” Luhan defended.

            “By lying to her? Luhan, if I were you I would take this opportunity to tell Reira you don’t want to marry her, so nothing bad happens,” Tiffany advised. “Anyways, I got to go, I have to pick up Ji Hyun from the bridal store. Bye.”

            “Bye.”

            Luhan’s stomach was turning and his head kept spinning, he tried his best not to look nervous. The moment he walked inside the restaurant he saw Reira, looking down at her phone typing away. When Luhan approached her, she looked up from her phone and a smile immediately covered her face.

            “Oppa!” She jumped from her seat wrapping her arms around Luhan’s neck. “I’m so happy you wanted to meet with me. We haven’t talked in such a long time or spent any time together, I was so sad.”

            “Uh… Yeah.” Luhan sat down across from Reira. When the waiter came, Luhan just ordered water, feeling his throat drying up by the minute as he tried to think of ways to tell Reira that he didn’t want to marry her.

            “Oppa, did your mom already tell you about the date for the wedding?”

            “The date?”

            “Yeah, I was thinking about having an outdoor wedding if it isn’t too cold, but whatever is fine with you too. We can have it indoors if you like? Oh, but talking about the date, your mom scheduled it for maybe January? What do you think Oppa?” All the things Reira was saying, just seemed to go in one ear and out the other for Luhan. He felt himself zoning out to think about Ji Hyun. Was she really upset about him bailing on her? Or was she okay with it?

            “Reira, I actually wanted to tell you something important,” Luhan said.

            “Okay what?”

            “Reira, you’re really great and all but-“

            “Actually, before you say anything Oppa, I want to show you something.” Reira reached for something in her purse. “Here, remember you got this for me.”

            For a moment, the entire world stopped. Luhan opened his mouth to say something, but absolutely nothing came out. Right in front of him in Reira’s hand was the small angel toy that Luhan got Ji Hyun 12 years ago. He was speechless and in his mind a million questions were flowing through his mind. How did Reira get this? Was this real? Is she really his Ji Hyun? Most importantly… Why did this feel wrong?

            “You’re my Ji Hyun?” Luhan barely managed to say.

            Reira just nodded. “Yes, I’m your Ji Hyun.”

           

            Tiffany and Ji Hyun were roaming around the mall looking for clothes. They were both looking at dresses; while looking at dresses, Tiffany was examining Ji Hyun to see if she was showing any signs of being upset that Luhan completely lied to her, but of course Ji Hyun didn’t know she was being lied to.

            Ji Hyun picked a cocktail silk white strapless dress and held it in front of her. “Do you think I would look good in this dress?”

            Tiffany tilted her head a little. “Try it on first.”

            “Okay.” Ji Hyun walked into the dressing room. While Tiffany was waiting for Ji Hyun to come out, she started thinking about what Luhan was talking to Reira about. Tiffany hoped that Luhan would tell Reira that he didn’t want to marry her, so he wouldn’t have to keep lying to Ji Hyun.

            “So, what’s the occasion for the dress?” Tiffany asked.

            “I was thinking about wearing it on my second date with Luhan,” Ji Hyun replied still in the dressing room.

“Oh… Speaking of Luhan,” Tiffany started. “You must like him a lot.”

“Yeah, I do.” Ji Hyun walked out of the dressing room. She looked at herself in the mirror and turned to Tiffany. “What do you think?”

“You look nice,” Tiffany replied. “Are you going to get the dress?”

Ji Hyun smoothed out the dress. “Yeah, maybe I will.” Ji Hyun walked back into the dressing to take off the dress.

“If I don’t mind asking why do you like Luhan?” Tiffany wondered.

“I like him because, he’s different… He’s honest and kind…”

Tiffany flinched a little when Ji Hyun used the word “honest” to describe Luhan. “You really think he’s honest?”

Ji Hyun walked out of the dressing room with the dress in her arm. “He’s honest and sweet and caring. I don’t know why, but I think I love him.”

“You love Luhan?” Tiffany said nervously.

“I think I do, I don’t know why but every time I see him my heart races and I get nervous and I can’t help but smile like an idiot. Does that make me sound stupid?”

“Of course not,” Tiffany weakly smiled.

 

Luhan was back at his condo, his head was rattling with so many thoughts. He wasn’t sure what to think. Was Reira really his Ji Hyun? He didn’t want to believe it, because she didn’t seem anything like the Ji Hyun he knew, but she had the little angel toy. It didn’t make any sense to him, because he felt that Ji Hyun was his Ji Hyun, but she didn’t show any signs of remembering him. Everything didn’t add up. Luhan’s thoughts were interrupted, when he heard a knock on the door. He walked over to the door and opened it; it was Kris, Lay, Sehun, Kai, and Jessica.

            “What are you guys doing here?” Luhan asked.

            “Tiffany texted us,” Kris answered. “She told us that you went to meet Reira.”

            “Okay? Is that it?”

            “She also told us that you went out with Reira and bailed on your date with Ji Hyun,” Kai added.

            “I didn’t bail on Ji Hyun, I just went to go talk to Reira to tell her that I didn’t want to marry her,” Luhan replied.

            “And did you? Did you tell her?” Lay asked.

            “No,” Luhan muttered.

            “Why not?” Sehun asked.

            “Because!” Luhan snapped. “Because! I think Reira is my Ji Hyun!”

            “What?!” Luhan’s friends looked at each other in shock.

            “Luhan? Why would you think that?” Kris asked.

            “Because, she has this thing that only the Ji Hyun I knew would have,” Luhan explained. “When we were ten, I got Ji Hyun this tiny angel toy from a crane machine… I was going to tell Reira that I wasn’t going to marry her, but she showed it to me and… and…”

            “Please say you’re not considering marrying Reira,” Jessica begged. “If you marry her, she’ll ruin your life.”

            “What if she really is my Ji Hyun?” Luhan asked. “What am I supposed to do? Plus, Reira actually seems to show that she remembers us being friends, while Ji Hyun… Ji Hyun doesn’t.”

            “So, you’re only going to marry Reira because you think that she’s your Ji Hyun?” Sehun asked.

            “I guess, maybe? I don’t know… What should I do?” Luhan asked. Luhan and his friends turned their attention towards the door and saw Tiffany.

“Hi,” Tiffany greeted awkwardly. “Can I talk to Luhan? Alone?”

“Yeah, sure,” Jessica said. “We were all about to leave anyways.” All of them left saying goodbye to Luhan and Tiffany. All of them were outside when Sehun stopped and leaned his head on the door.

“What are you doing?” Kris hissed.

“What does it look like I’m doing? I want to hear their conversation,” Sehun said.

“Sehun! That’s an invasion of privacy!” Lay snapped.

“Don’t act like you guys don’t want to hear either,” Sehun muttered. Kai shrugged and pressed his ear on the door as well. Kris rolled his eyes as Jessica and Lay did the same thing.

“Luhan,” Tiffany started. “Did you tell Reira the truth?”

“No…” Luhan murmured.

“Why not?” Tiffany asked trying to keep calm. “Why didn’t you tell her? Wasn’t that the plan?”

“It was… But… But…”

“But what?”

“I CAN’T!” Luhan shouted. “I couldn’t! I was going to, but she had something… I think Reira is my childhood friend, Ji Hyun.”

Tiffany was a little confused, but then she remembered the conversation she had with Mrs. Xi the other day when they went to have tea together and when she found that angel toy and Mrs. Xi got all defensive.

“Luhan-“

“I have to talk to Ji Hyun.” Luhan grabbed the teddy bear from the table and opened the door, to his shock and surprise, all his friends, but Kris fell on the floor. “What are you guys doing?”

“Nothing,” Sehun moaned in pain.

“Anyways, I’ll see you guys later,” Luhan was careful not to step on any of his friends as he made his way out.

“Where is he going?” Kris asked Tiffany.

“I’m not sure.”

Ji Hyun was back at her apartment; Chanyeol was sleeping even though it was only 8. She hung the dress she bought in her closet and smiled happily at the thought of feeling so pretty in that dress just for Luhan. Her phone started ringing; Ji Hyun looked and saw it was a text from Luhan telling her to meet at the fountain in the park. Quickly, Ji Hyun left a note for Chanyeol telling her that she was going to meet Luhan.

Luhan was nervously waiting backstage for his turn to go up and play the piano. He was in his tuxedo that his mom forced him to wear, even though it was like 99 degrees up on stage. In the competition he was probably the youngest, being only 10 years old while the other competitors were in their teens. He nervously watched the performer go up on stage and since he was next he started to sweat and his heart was racing so fast he couldn’t even hear the piano being played on stage.

Ji Hyun was also wearing a dress, since it was supposed to be formal attire. She was looking for Luhan backstage, when she found him sitting down. In her hand she had her angel and teddy bear with her. “Luhan!”

Luhan looked up and smiled when he saw Ji Hyun. “Ji Hyun! What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to wish you good luck!” Ji Hyun replied. “Are you scared?”

He shook his head. “Yeah, I don’t want to do this anymore. It’s not fun.”

“Don’t worry Luhan, you’ll do great!”

“What if I don’t? If I don’t my mom won’t be proud of me… I wish you could come on stage with me.”

Ji Hyun reached for Luhan’s hand, and put her teddy bear in his hands. “If you take my teddy bear with you on stage, it’ll kind of be like I’m on stage with you.”

“I don’t want to take a bear with me on stage.”

“Our next performer will be Xi Luhan!” the announcer said.

Luhan looked at Ji Hyun completely frightened. “Okay never mind.” He squeezed the bear and weakly smiled at Ji Hyun. “Wish me luck.”

“Good luck Luhan.” Ji Hyun kissed him on the cheek and quickly ran away.

Luhan walked on stage, with the teddy bear in his hand. His mother and father, were both confused at their son bring a teddy bear with him on stage. Luhan took a seat in front of the piano and looked out in the crowd seeing Ji Hyun sitting right in the front waving at him. A smile crept onto his face as he waved to Ji Hyun too. He took a deep breath and slowly started playing, feeling all nerves go away as he wasn’t even looking at the keys, he was looking at Ji Hyun’s teddy bear which was right beside him.

Luhan was standing right next to the fountain exactly where he told Ji Hyun to meet him. He held a coin in his hand thinking whether he should make his wish or if he should wait before wishing for anything. It’s not like he believed it would come true anyways, it was just a fountain, it’s not like it was going to grant his wish for him. In his other hand, he had the teddy bear, hoping this would be able to help him.

“Luhan!” Ji Hyun approached Luhan, noticing how lost in thought he was.

“Hi Ji Hyun.” Luhan shoved the coin back in his pocket.

“Did you want to walk or did you just want to stay here?” Ji Hyun asked.

Luhan looked at the fountain’s cascading water, which looked even more beautiful because the lights in the fountain were on causing it to change colors. “I like staying here.”

Ji Hyun stood side by side with Luhan and gazed at the fountain as well. “Are you feeling better?”

“Huh?” Luhan almost forgot that he told Ji Hyun that he was sick. “Oh yeah, I guess.”

“So, why did you want to meet?” Ji Hyun wondered.

“Ji Hyun, you know the very first time we talked and you said you didn’t have any friends or any best friends, did you really mean it?” Luhan asked.

“Yeah? Why do you want to know?”

“Do you remember this?” Luhan showed Ji Hyun the teddy bear.

She held the bear in both her hands, slowly she brushed her fingers on the bears scarf. “No? Am I supposed to?”

Luhan felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. “Are you serious?”

Ji Hyun nodded. “I’m sorry?”

“Ji Hyun, are you serious? You can’t remember?” Luhan put his hands on both Ji Hyun’s shoulder. “How can you not remember?”

“Can you tell me what I’m supposed to remember?”

Luhan felt the tears in his eyes, his heart was shattered and he felt like nothing was going to mend it. “You really don’t remember? You gave this to me, when you were ten years old! You told me that if I brought this on stage with me, it would be like you were on stage with me.”

“No,” Ji Hyun whispered.

“Ji Hyun, you honestly can’t remember? We were friends when we were 10 years old.”

“I’m sorry Luhan, I think you have the wrong idea, but I don’t remember anything,” Ji Hyun apologized. She felt bad that Luhan looked so hurt, tears spilling from his eyes and she didn’t know what to do.

“I loved you Ji Hyun…”

“Luhan, I-“ Before Ji Hyun could finish, Luhan cupped Ji Hyun’s cheeks and pulled her into a kiss. She dropped the teddy bear on the floor in shock. She felt her eyes slowly closing as she wrapped her arms around Luhan’s neck. Even though it was 50 degrees outside, Ji Hyun didn’t feel any coldness, because of the blood rushing through her body. Slowly, Ji Hyun parted her lips; Luhan’s tongue entered , exploring every inch of .

This is wrong, but I don’t care” Luhan thought in his head.

 

Mrs. Hwan was looking through home décor magazines, while Mr. Hwan was talking on the phone with one of his business partners. Ha Joon was playing with some of his toys, when all of them heard the doorbell ring. The maid quickly went to go get the door, a couple minutes later, she came into the living room. Mrs. Hwan looked up from her magazine and immediately dropped it on the floor, when she saw her guest. Mr. Hwan immediately hung up his phone when he saw their guest.

“Mrs. Xi,” Mr. Hwan barely managed to say. “What are you doing here?”

“I came here to talk to you and Ji In,” Mrs. Xi said.

“Sit,” Mrs. Hwan said trying to think of million reasons why Mrs. Xi was here, since their last encounter when Mrs. Xi offered Ji Hyun a job. Mrs. Xi sat across from the both of them. “Can you take Ha Joon up to his room?” Mrs. Hwan asked their maid. The maid nodded and took Ha Joon up to his room.

“Why are you here Soon Jung?” Mr. Hwan asked.

“I wanted to give you this,” Mrs. Xi took out a folded envelope from her purse and gave it to Mr. and Mrs. Hwan.

Mrs. Hwan looked in it and gasped when she saw all the money. “What is this for?”

“For… For, my son,” Mrs. Xi replied.

“For Chanyeol?” Mr. Hwan said.

“Yes, can you give that to him for me?” Mrs. Xi asked.

“Of course,” Mr. Hwan said smiling.

“I also have another favor to ask you two,” Mrs. Xi added.

“O…Okay, what?” Mrs. Hwan was still looking at all the money.

“Please, if you don’t tell Chanyeol who his real parents are,” Mrs. Xi said.

“We would never tell Chanyeol unless you wanted us too,” Mr. Hwan informed.

“Another thing… Tell Ji Hyun to stay away from Luhan.”

“I think it should be the other way around,” Mrs. Hwan said bitterly. 

 

A/N: Just to clarify, I'm surprised I updated today, which won't happen all the time, but you know when I don't have a lot of homework. I'm going to be honest it takes me forever to write a chapter, I get side-tracked or I finish, but I wait for an hour or two to see if a idea pops up and I want to add it in. But anyways, who cares about my writing issues all you guys care about is if I update! :D Well, you guys finally know one of Mrs. Xi's big secrets, Chanyeol is really Luhan's brother! *gasp* And soon you guys will find out why Chanyeol is Ji Hyun's brother instead of Luhan's. Plus, bummer for Luhan, huh? He's going to have to decide what he wants to do, especially after Ji Hyun told him she doesn't remember him.