Luhan's Surprise

Only You

 

“Thank you for taking Ha Joon to his piano lessons,” Ji Hyun’s mother said when she greeted them at the door.

            “That’s what I’m here for.” Ji Hyun didn’t bother coming in, since she planned to leave. Ha Joon immediately ran inside to get away from the cold and was running around the house now. “Well, I should go.”

            “No, Ji Hyun, you should stay for dinner since you’re already here, plus there’s something your father and I would wanted to tell you,” Her mother informed.

            “Oh, okay?” Ji Hyun walked into the house and put her coat on the coat rack. She followed her mother to the dining room and saw her father reading one of his reports. He looked up and was surprised to see his daughter, but quickly made his way back to his report.

            “Are you having dinner with us Noona?” Ha Joon asked happily.

            “Yes, I am.” Ji Hyun took the chair across from Ha Joon and her mother.

            “Momma, I asked my piano teacher if he thought Noona was pretty,” Ha Joon said as he started stuffing food in his mouth.

            “What did he say?” Their mother asked laughing. Ha Joon opened his mouth to answer, but food started flying everywhere. “Why don’t you wait until you finish eating first and then you’ll tell us?” Ha Joon just nodded and started chewing.

            “Have you met Ha Joon’s piano teacher? It’s uh, Xi Luhan, the famous pianist,” Ji Hyun told her parents. She was really hungry, but so she didn’t feel bad since this was the first time in months she’s had dinner with her parents she would stick little portions in .

            “Really?” Her mother said amazed. “That’s interesting. I read that he did horrendous at his last concert.”

            “I’m pretty sure it wasn’t that bad,” Ji Hyun defended. “I mean he’s a child prodigy.”

            “Still, just because you were something when you were younger, doesn’t mean you’ll always be that thing.”

            Ji Hyun looked down at her plate. “So, what was it that you and dad wanted to tell me?”

            “We were going to tell you something?” Ji Hyun’s father was surprised that she even mentioned him.

            “Yes, we were.” Ji Hyun’s mother stated smiling, making Ji Hyun a little frightened of what they had to say. “You know our friends with the son that’s studying to become a doctor?”

            “Sure.” Ji Hyun actually didn’t know who her mother was talking about, but just decided to go along with it.

            “Well, their son is coming here to Seoul and we were thinking maybe you could go meet him and have dinner-“

            “No,” Ji Hyun said interrupting her mother. “I’m not going to meet him.”

            “Why not?”

            “Mom, you only want me to go out with him because he’s studying to become a doctor,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Well, it would be nice if you just met with him? Who knows you might like him and want to marry him?” Ji Hyun’s mother said hopeful. “It would be nice to have someone in this family be successful.”

            “I’m going to college, what more do you two want?” Ji Hyun questioned, her blood was starting to boil.

            “For you to actually go to college for a real career and not to become a writer,” Ji Hyun’s father admitted. Those were the first words that Ji Hyun’s father ever spoke this whole dinner and they were the most hurtful to Ji Hyun.

            Ji Hyun could feel the tears forming in her eyes. She couldn’t take it; she didn’t bother saying goodbye to her parents or even Ha Joon. Ji Hyun’s mother watched her daughter leave and slam the door.

            “Bye Noona,” Ha Joon said sadly.

 

            It was only 8 AM and someone was knocking at Luhan’s door again. He couldn’t understand why it was so hard to get some sleep. He walked downstairs rubbing his eyes, nearly almost tripping down the stairs. When he opened the door, he was now fully awake and couldn’t express how he felt.

            “MOM?! What are you doing here?” Luhan exclaimed.

            “Why aren’t you excited to see your mother?” Luhan’s mom walked in and looked around the entire condo.

            “Mom, I thought you were in France?” Luhan said.

            “I was, but when I heard about you coming in Seoul and cancelling all your concerts I wanted to see you.”

            “If you called, I could have at least picked you up at the airport.” Luhan scratched his head and yawned.

            Luhan’s mom looked at her son and rolled her eyes. “Luhan, you could at least dress nice for your mother.”

            “Mom, its 8 in the morning and you came here unexpectedly,” Luhan mumbled.

            “Don’t back talk to your mother! Go get ready, I want to tell you something important.”

            Before Luhan knew it, he was at a fancy restaurant with his mother. He felt a migraine coming on, but he tried his best to look and sound excited to see his mother. Not that he wasn’t excited to his mother, but he would rather be in bed. Luhan just ordered coffee to get himself awake, while his mother just ordered some tea.

            “Okay mom, what did you want to talk about?” Luhan asked annoyed.

            “Luhan, your fiancée is coming to stay with you in a couple weeks.”

            “My what?” Luhan didn’t even need the coffee, he was now fully awake. “Fiancée, what are you talking about? When was I ever engaged?”

            “Don’t you remember that one girl? She went to one of your concerts a while back. Her name is Reira,” Mrs. Xi reminded. She took a sip of her tea and reapplied her lipstick, she looked at her soon and realized his dumbfounded look. “Luhan! Don’t tell me you don’t remember Reira.”

            “I didn’t even know I was engaged to… Reira,” Luhan admitted.

            “Luhan, you were so fond of Reira when you were younger don’t you remember? You told her you loved her and everything.”

            “Mom, I don’t think that was Reira,” Luhan replied.

            Mrs. Xi started to get annoyed with Luhan and how he seemed like he was living under a rock. “Luhan, you and your father are the same. Forgetful… But I know your father would be proud of you.”

            “Mom, can you tell this Reira person I don’t want to marry her, I don’t even know her,” Luhan said changing the subject of his late father.

            “Of course you want to marry her! Trust me when you see her, you’ll change your mind.” Mrs. Xi was fishing money from her purse and set it on the table. “I have to go meet some friends, I’m guessing since you 22, I’ll be staying at a hotel instead of your house.”

            “Mom you don’t have to-“

            “No! Luhan, I want you to get ready for when Reira comes, trust me son when you see her, you’ll love her.” Mrs. Xi left and Luhan was speechless with everything.

           

            “You’re what?!?!” Jessica, Kris, Sehun, Lay, and Kai yelled at the same time. All of them were at the department store where Jessica worked.

            “Yeah, I know, I don’t even know her,” Luhan muttered.

            “What’s her name?” Lay asked.

            “Reira, I don’t know her last name,” Luhan replied.

            “You can’t get married,” Sehun stated.

            “Yeah, what if she’s ugly?” Kai added.

            “Are looks all you care about?” Kris asked Kai.

            “Excuse me?” A customer said politely.

            Jessica straightened her back and told the guys to move so she could work. “Yes?”           

            “Can you tell me where we can find a dress just like this?”

            “Luhan Hyung!” Ha Joon exclaimed when he saw Luhan with the guys. He ran up to Luhan and hugged his leg.

            Jessica squealed when she saw Ha Joon. “Ha Joon!”

            “What are you doing here?” Luhan asked. He looked at the customer and guessed it was Ha Joon’s mom.

            “Momma, this is my piano teacher!” Ha Joon said proudly.

            Mrs. Hwan looked at her son and then at Luhan. “Oh, right. Hello, I’m Ha Joon’s mother.”

            “Hi, I’m Xi Luhan,” Luhan introduced himself.

            “Yes, I know you’re the famous pianist. My husband and I went to one of your concerts,” Mrs. Hwan replied. “Come on Ha Joon, momma needs to find this dress for Ji Hyun.” Mrs. Hwan followed Jessica as she led her to the dresses.

            Ha Joon looked up at Luhan. “Hyung, do you think Noona is pretty?”

            “Too late kid, Hyung is getting married,” Kai blurted out. Kris nudged Kai and just rolled his eyes.

            “Why do you keep asking me if Ji Hyun is pretty?” Luhan asked Ha Joon.

            “Hyung, you’re getting married? Why?”

            “I’m not getting married Ha Joon.” Luhan kneeled next to Ha Joon. “I’ll see you on Monday, okay? You should probably head back to your mom before she thinks she lost you.”

            “Okay, bye Hyung.” Ha Joon left with his head down almost like he was about to cry.

            “Why does he care if you’re getting married?” Lay wondered.

            “And why does he keep asking you if you think his sister is pretty?” Sehun added. “Do you think she’s pretty Luhan?” Sehun noticed Luhan seemed lost in his own thoughts. “Luhan?”

            Ji Hyun was picking flowers in the garden. Luhan was planning on scaring her again, but he didn’t want her to cry again. He was smiling at how Ji Hyun was singing while she was picking flowers. Though she didn’t have the best singing voice, Luhan just thought she was amazing.

            “Ji Hyun!” Luhan ran over to her. “What are you doing?”

            “I’m picking flowers for my mommy, she’s sick, so I want to make her feel better,” Ji Hyun replied. She picked a red rose and smelled it. “Here oppa!” She nearly shoved it in his face.  

            Luhan took the rose, so it wouldn’t be in his face. “Why are you giving this to me? Shouldn’t you give this to your mom?”

            “Yeah, but I want to give one to you too!” Ji Hyun explained as she started skipping looking for more flowers. “I wish I could be as pretty as these flowers.”

            Luhan followed Ji Hyun through the garden. “I think your pretty like the flowers.”

            Ji Hyun smiled at Luhan’s sweet comment. “Thank you for the compliment, you are pretty too.”

            “I don’t want to be pretty, I’m a boy.”

            “Well, then you are a pretty boy!” Ji Hyun started giggling. “I’m kidding, you’re very handsome.”

            “I think Ji Hyun is very pretty,” Luhan said to himself. 

A/N: I don't think Reira will be introduced until a couple more chapters. But the guy that Ji Hyun is supposed to meet will probably be introduced soon. Seriously, I know the chapters are kinda short, but they literally take me all day just to write, cause I always get side tracted by something else, but I'll try not to tomorrow when I write the next chapter.