Rubix Cubes and More Secrets

Only You

 

“So have you made your third wish left?” Luhan asked Ji Hyun as they were walking through the shopping district.

            Ji Hyun has her tiny angel attached to her backpack and she was holding her teddy bear. “I don’t want to use it yet. Since it’s my last wish, I want to use it for something absolutely important.”

            “Like what?” Luhan asked.

            “Hm… Not sure, but I’m pretty sure I’ll think of something.”

            Something caught Luhan’s eyes, causing him to stop right in front of the toy store. Ji Hyun stopped and looked exactly at what Luhan was looking at. Luhan walked into the door of the toy store and reached over to what he saw in the window.

            “What is that?” Ji Hyun’s eyes sparkled at all the colors on it.

            “It’s a rubix cube,” Luhan has never sounded so excited in his life.

            “Why does it have so many colors?” Ji Hyun wondered.

            “It’s supposed to, you’re supposed to mix it up and then you just keep turning it until you’re able to get all the right colors together,” Luhan explained.

            “That’s easy!”

            “It’s sounds easier than it looks.”

            “Do you know how to play with a rubix cube?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Hm… I’ve tried once, but I’ve never actually finished getting all the same colors on each side.”

            “Try right now!”

            “Right now?”

            “Yes, good luck!” Ji Hyun watched as Luhan swiftly moved his hands. Before Ji Hyun knew it, Luhan had in his hands a perfectly solved rubix cube.

            “How long did that take me?” Luhan asked Ji Hyun.

            “I don’t know probably less than a minute,” Ji Hyun guessed.

 

            Early in the afternoon, Luhan decided to take Tiffany to his mom’s bridal shop so Tiffany could see her aunt. Tiffany walked into the bridal store admiring everything in there, she just swooned and sighed just at the sight.

            “Wait, here I’ll get my mom,” Luhan said, Tiffany was too busy admiring everything to even hear Luhan.

            Tiffany was about to go look through the dresses, but felt the need to listen to Luhan’s words and stay exactly where she was told to stand.

            Reira opened the door to the bridal shop; she was checking her email on her phone not seeing anything or anyone. She was walking straight, when she walked right into Tiffany dropping her phone. Reira scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Excuse you.”

            Tiffany turned to Reira, who got up after picking up her phone from the ground. “What?” Tiffany said.

            “Excuse you,” Reira rudely repeated. She rolled her eyes thinking that Tiffany was too stupid to interpret her words.

            “I think the correct term is ‘excuse me” Tiffany corrected.

            “You’re excused.”

            Tiffany’s jaw dropped. “I truly feel sorry for whoever you’re marrying, unless you just walked in this bridal store to make yourself feel better that no guy wants to marry you.”

            “As a matter of fact, I am getting married and to the greatest guy in the whole world,” Reira said she crossed her arms and gave Tiffany a smug look.

            “Sorry for the guy,” Tiffany muttered.

            “Tiffany!” Mrs. Xi walked over to Tiffany and hugged her from the side.

            “Auntie Soo Jung!” Tiffany smiled happy to see her aunt for the first time in about a year.

            Mrs. Xi noticed Reira, who had opened shocked at the sight. “Tiffany, this is Luhan’s fiancée, Reira. Reira, this is Luhan’s cousin, Tiffany.”

            “You’re Luhan’s cousin?” Reira was a little shocked, but covered it up with a smile. “It’s so nice to meet you.”

            “You too,” Tiffany said sarcastically.

            Luhan saw Reira with his mom and Tiffany, so he didn’t dare go over there. He was about to make his way to the back until Reira would disappear when he bumped into someone. Luhan looked and saw Ji Hyun picking some papers that fell on the floor.

            “Sorry,” Luhan knelt down and started picking up some of the papers. “Ji Hyun?”

            Ji Hyun looked up, she put her hair behind her ear to keep away from her face. “Luhan?” Luhan handed her the papers as they both stood back up.

            “Sorry, I didn’t mean to bump into you,” Luhan scratched the back of his head trying to laugh off his embarrassing moment.

            Ji Hyun giggled, “It’s alright. I’m guessing you’re here to talk to your mom, did you want me to get her?”

            “No, actually, I wanted to talk to you, but um… I was wondering if you had any idea for our second date…”

            “Yes, actually, but it’s a surprise, so I’ll tell you when I bring Ha Joon to his piano lessons today,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Um… Ji Hyun, there’s actually another reason why I wanted to talk to you,” Luhan said awkwardly, he looked down at his feet nervously. “Ji Hyun, I’m-“

            “LUHANNIE!” When Tiffany saw Luhan she waved hi cheerfully and skipped over to him. “Cousin, your mom wanted to go out to have some tea with me, did you want to come?”

            “Uh… No, it’s alright,” Luhan mumbled.

            Tiffany noticed Ji Hyun, who just smiled at her. “Hi, I’m Tiffany!” Tiffany brought out her hand so Ji Hyun could shake it.

            “Hi I’m Ji Hyun.” Ji Hyun softly shook Tiffany’s hand. Since Ji Hyun has never seen Tiffany, she felt a little awkward, thinking maybe Tiffany was Luhan’s girlfriend and Luhan was trying to let Ji Hyun down gently.

            “You must work here, I’m so jealous. I love wedding dresses,” Tiffany sighed as she kept talking. Luhan just glared at his cousin, which Tiffany noticed after five minutes of talking.

            “Tiffany was just about to go right?” Luhan looked at Tiffany shooting her a look telling her to leave.

            “Oh right, sorry cousin,” Tiffany said in almost a whisper.

            “Cousin?” Ji Hyun felt relieved at the sound of the word.

            Tiffany nodded proudly. “Yes, I’m Luhan’s older cousin, Tiffany Hwang. By the way Luhan, Reira over there is not a joy to meet.”

            “Reira? Isn’t she getting married?” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Yes, she is and I feel so sorry for you Lu-“ Luhan nudged Tiffany before she could finish. “OW! What was that for?” Luhan just shook his head, Tiffany looked at Ji Hyun who was a little confused. “Oh… You like Ji Hyun?”

            “You could shut up now,” Luhan muttered.

            Tiffany smiled. “Well, it’s very nice to meet you Ji Hyun. Do you like shopping? Maybe you and I can go shopping together? Yeah?”

            “Sure, that would be nice,” Ji Hyun answered happily.

            “Well, I’ll see you later Luhannie! Bye Ji Hyun.” Tiffany made her way back to Mrs. Xi, still waving goodbye to an embarrassed Luhan and Ji Hyun.

            “I’m really sorry about my cousin, she’s… Embarassing,” Luhan told Ji Hyun when Tiffany was out of sight.

            “No, it’s okay, she seems very nice and lively.” Ji Hyun laughed, her laugh faded when she remembered Luhan nudging Tiffany about something she was about to say. “Um… Do you know Reira?”

            “No, she’s just one of my mom’s clients for her wedding,” Luhan lied. “So, where’s your brother?”

            “Chanyeol? He’s my apartment, he’s going to come to Ha Joon’s piano practice later,” Ji Hyun informed. “I think he’s going to like listening to Ha Joon play.”

            “That’s good, he should. Ha Joon is really good at it.”

            “What was it you were going to tell me?” Ji Hyun wondered.

            “It’s nothing, don’t worry about it,” Luhan said quickly. “Well, I’ll see you later and don’t forget to tell me about the date.”

            “Okay, bye Luhan.” Ji Hyun waved goodbye as Luhan made his way back. Before, he left, he almost forgot, he ran back to Ji Hyun and lightly kissed her on the cheek.

            “Bye Ji Hyun.” Luhan bit his lip and left Ji Hyun who was now frozen solid. She lightly touched her cheek and just blushed.

           

            Tiffany and Mrs. Xi were both at a tea house, since it was nice outside and not unbearably cold like it normally was in Seoul, they decided to sit outside. They both felt relaxed at the beautiful weather and the nice warm tea right in front of them.

            “How long will you be staying Tiffany?” Mrs. Xi asked.

            “Hm… Not sure, when is Luhan supposed to get married?” Tiffany replied.

            “I haven’t asked Luhan, but Reira wants to get married next month,” Mrs. Xi informed as she took a sip of her tea.

            Tiffany nearly choked hearing that. “What? Isn’t that a little early? And do you think Luhan even wants to get married? Plus… Reira, isn’t so pleasant.”

            “Luhan has to marry Reira, that’s his childhood friend.”

            “Childhood friend? I thought his childhood friend was a girl named Ji Hyun?” Tiffany gasped when she remembered the Ji Hyun she met at the bridal store. “I also remembered Luhan’s childhood friend actually being nice.”

            “Reira’s real name is Ji Hyun,” Mrs. Xi said hastily.

            “Are you sure it isn’t one of your employees?” Tiffany asked.

            “It’s not her!” Mrs. Xi snapped.        

            Tiffany was a little frightened at how defensive Mrs. Xi was when she mentioned Ji Hyun. “I remember Luhan would cry whenever something would remind him of her after he left Beijing to start off his career. He would be like, ‘Cousin, I miss my Ji Hyun.’” Tiffany started imitating Luhan’s cry when he was younger; pouting her lip and whimpering.        

            Mrs. Xi rolled her eyes. “He was such a child back then.”

            “He was only 10 years old!” Tiffany laughed at the thought, but her face became serious. “Before I came here I found an article online telling me about how Luhan is going to have a comeback for his career and that he’ll be performing here. I was going to ask Luhan, but he doesn’t seem to know, did you know?”

            “Of course I knew, I was the one who told people,” Mrs. Xi admitted. “I haven’t asked Luhan if he was going to quit the piano, but I know he won’t. I plan on asking him later, when he isn’t so… upset.”

            “Have you talked to Luhan about his father? You know I mentioned uncle yesterday night and he seemed so… defensive about it. I asked him if he visited his father, but he didn’t say much.”

            “I don’t want to force him into something he doesn’t want to do, if he wants to visit his father he can visit his father,” Mrs. Xi muttered.

            “Aren’t you forcing him to marry Reira?” Tiffany thought in her head.

 

            Jessica and Kris walked into the auditorium where they saw Luhan talking to a parent about their child’s piano lessons. The woman and her child left telling Luhan they would see him next week. Jessica felt a little uneasy talking to Luhan after he told her she wasn’t his friend, but she decided to put it aside, since she didn’t even tell Kris Luhan said that to her. Both, Kris and Jessica walked up the stage to Luhan, who started playing a song on his piano. He stopped when he saw them approaching him.

            “Hi,” Luhan greeted.

            “Hi,” Jessica replied in a hoarse voice.

            “I forgot something in the car, so I’ll be back,” Kris told Jessica as he made his way out of the auditorium.

            Once Kris was out of sight, Jessica looked down at Luhan. “Don’t worry I didn’t tell Kris what you said about me.”

            “What are you talking about?” Luhan asked.

            “You saying that we’re not friends,” Jessica reminded, even more hurt that Luhan didn’t remember.

            “Jessica, I-“

            “That kind of hurt my feelings Luhan and I thought that you and were friends,” Jessica interrupted.

            “Jessica, let’s face it, we don’t really get along and if it wasn’t for you going out with Kris, we probably wouldn’t even know each other,” Luhan admitted.

            Jessica’s just perched her lips and nodded at the hurtful comment. “Fine, we’re not friends.” She made her way down the stage and sat down in an empty seat looking down at her phone.

            Ha Joon, Chanyeol, and Ji Hyun walked in making Luhan’s face light up at the sight of Ji Hyun. The minute she made eye contact with him she waved blushing at him. Ha Joon ran up the stage taking his usual spot.

            “Hyung, I want to play really good for Channie Hyung, okay?” Ha Joon told Luhan before he started playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Chanyeol and Ji Hyun both sat down in the front to watch Ha Joon.

            Kris walked back in and saw Jessica sitting by herself looking down at her phone. He took a seat next to her, but she didn’t seem to care let alone notice his presence.

            “Are you okay?” Kris asked.

            Jessica sniffed and nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She didn’t bother looking up at Kris.

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes.”

            Every minute or so Ha Joon would turn his head to see if Chanyeol was watching him and every time Ha Joon turned, Chanyeol was right there smiling at his little brother. Luhan didn’t even notice Ha Joon playing the piano; his attention was on Chanyeol, Ji Hyun, and Ha Joon. He felt a little jealous of how happy they looked. That Ji Hyun had two brothers that loved her and how he had no one, but his mom, who wouldn’t even listen to him. Ji Hyun seemed happy, while Luhan wasn’t, which made him jealous of the girl he loved.

            After Ha Joon’s lessons were over Ha Joon didn’t bother to talk to Luhan about how well he did, he ran over to Chanyeol giving his brother a hug.

            “Channie Hyung, how did I do?” Ha Joon asked hoping that Chanyeol would say he loved it.     

            “You were amazing!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

            “It’s because Luhan Hyung is a good teacher!”

            Ji Hyun made her way up the stage so she could talk to Luhan. He was sitting down pressing each key on the piano one by one. Ji Hyun pulled something out of her purse and placed it in front of Luhan.

            “A rubix cube?” Luhan said.

            “I’ll go on a second date with you, if you can solve this in less than a minute,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “What gave you this idea?”

            “I don’t know why, but the rubix cube reminded me of you.”

            “Are you serious?” Luhan couldn’t help but laugh. “I can’t solve it in less than a minute. I haven’t even touched a rubix cube in like 4 years, maybe more.”

            “Okay, a minute and ten seconds.”

            “What happens if I don’t solve it in less than ten seconds?” Luhan asked.

            “Then, I won’t go on a second date with you,” Ji Hyun answered simply. “So whenever you’re ready.” Luhan sighed and grabbed the rubix cube, examining it from every side.  He looked at Ji Hyun would seemed to get some thrill seeing him in such stress.

           

            Tiffany was at Mrs. Xi’s hotel room looking through old pictures of her and Luhan when they were younger. After she was finished looking through it, she went to Mrs. Xi closet to put the photo album away and grab another one. Tiffany looked around for another photo album and saw one on the top shelf. Being too short, she stood on her toes reaching for it. There was a small box on top of the photo album, which fell when Tiffany nearly tripped losing her balance. The box and a bunch of books and photo albums fell on the floor next to Tiffany.

            “Ow,” Tiffany murmured. She saw the box and lifted it off the floor, a little tiny toy falling out of the box. “What’s this?” Tiffany picked up the little toy and noticed it was an angel.

            Mrs. Xi walked in and saw the mess Tiffany made. “Tiffany, are you alright?!”

            “Yeah, um… Auntie, why do you have this?” Tiffany showed Mrs. Xi the tiny angel.

            “It’s nothing!” Mrs. Xi snatched the angel away from Tiffany putting it in her purse. “Maybe you should call Luhan to see if he’s done with his piano lessons.”

            Mrs. Xi left the room leaving Tiffany to wonder why she felt nervous when Tiffany showed her the little angel toy. Was it something important to her? Or did Mrs. Xi not want anyone to find it at all? 

 

A/N: Next chapter you guys will find out if Luhan passed his rubix cube test! Oh and I plan on updating tomorrow, so keep an eye out! If you guys are wondering about my poster, yeah I'm having another one made!