I Love You

Only You

 

I love this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIbUNfg_wmM
 

Disclaimer: I don't own this song! But I wish I did. 

            For the first time in weeks, Luhan was able to get his sleeping schedule back, not that there was anything wrong with it in the first place since he was never much of a sleeper anyways. It’s been about a week since he talked to Ji Hyun’s dad and he has yet to speak to Ji Hyun. The only person Luhan actually has spoken to was Tiffany, but of course he had to since she was staying with him. Kris, Sehun, Lay, and Kai, called several times leaving voicemails, but Luhan never responded, when they all came over Tiffany told them that Luhan was sleeping or he went out.

            Just like he normal routine for the past week and a half, Luhan started roaming around the kitchen waiting for Tiffany to wake up. He looked through the fridge, his cabinets, and the pantry waiting for something to catch his eye. While he was roaming around, he heard his voicemail go off.

            “Hey Luhan?” It was Jessica. “Hey, it’s Jessica, you’re probably not going to want to listen, but I’m coming over in fifteen minutes okay? The guys keep telling me you’re busy, but I’m a girl so obviously I’m not stupid. Okay, bye.”

            The second the voicemail was over, there was a knock on the door. Luhan slowly made his way to the door and opened it revealing Jessica standing right there.

            “Hi,” Jessica greeted nervously.

            “Hi?”

            “I brought you your coffee and trust me this time it’s not cold it’s warm I made sure I got here as quick as I can.” Jessica handed Luhan the coffee cup and tried to put on the best smile she could.

            “Jessica, why are you here?” Luhan asked.   

            “Well, Tiffany called me and the guys kept telling me you were so busy you haven’t talked to anyone in a week, so I decided I would come talk to you,” Jessica explained. “Plus, I wanted to apologize for yelling at you.”

            “No, it’s okay. I should have apologized. Jessica you are my friend, I shouldn’t have told you that you weren’t,” Luhan said.

            “Thank you Luhan for saying that.” Jessica hugged Luhan, careful of the hot coffee he had in his hands. “I’m glad you called me your friend, but I don’t really care about that anymore.”

            “O…kay? Then, what else did you need to talk to me about?”

            “Have you spoken to Ji Hyun yet?” Jessica asked.

            “No, I don’t even know what to say,” Luhan admitted.

            “Tiffany told me that she is your Ji Hyun from when you were little, so… Why not go talk to her right now?”

            “Because she doesn’t remember me, she can’t remember me. I’ll think I’ll just wait for her to call me.”

            “Don’t wait for you to call you; you have to call her first. Luhan, if you want to be with Ji Hyun you have to be the man and call.”

            “What if she doesn’t want to talk to me?” Luhan questioned.

            “Then she’s crazy for not wanting to get to know you… Again,” Jessica replied.

            Luhan looked at the teddy bear that was on table. All along it was the teddy bear that made them friends, if it wasn’t for his parents giving the teddy bear to him for his birthday, he would have never become friends with Ji Hyun. In the end, the teddy bear truly was his good luck charm.

            Ji Hyun managed to get Chanyeol out of his room, but didn’t talk to him. Chanyeol walked in and out of the apartment with nothing much to say to Ji Hyun. She hardly even knew where he was half the time. Mrs. Hwan called Ji Hyun once to ask if she was coming over to talk to her and Mr. Hwan, though Ji Hyun said no, she felt the need to.

            Today, instead of leaving the apartment, Chanyeol was actually in the house watching TV. Ji Hyun decided as an older sister (if she could still consider herself one) she would talk to Chanyeol. She collapsed on the couch right next to Chanyeol and waited for him to say something to her. Nothing.

            “Did you already eat?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Yep.”

            “Did you want to talk about anything?”

            “Nope.”

            Ji Hyun wasn’t exactly sure what to say since she has never been put in this situation. Of course no actually has. Ji Hyun waited for a couple minutes, when she sighed and reached for the remote turning of the TV to get Chanyeol’s full attention.

            “Chanyeol, we need to talk,” Ji Hyun stated.

            “About what?” Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “I don’t want to talk about anything.”

            “No, Chanyeol! I know that it’s been kind of rough lately, but you can talk to me.”

            “Why?”

            “Because I’m your sister. Not biologically, but we’ve been together our whole lives.”

            “I knew, about it,” Chanyeol admitted. “I didn’t want to tell you because mom and dad told me not to, so that’s what I did.”

            “That’s fine, I’m just worried about Ha Joon,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “He’s probably never going to find out, for now anyways… He’s too young to know.”

            “You know, no matter who gave birth to you or whoever is your father, you’ll always be my brother,” Ji Hyun told Chanyeol.

            Chanyeol wrapped his arm around Ji Hyun. “You will always be my sister.”

           

            Luhan still gave his piano lessons, for the past week Ha Joon either walked in alone or Mrs. Xi’s driver would walk Ha Joon in. Mrs. Hwan or Chanyeol probably couldn’t look Luhan in the face and Ji Hyun was obviously avoiding Luhan.

            Ha Joon ran in always excited to see his Luhan Hyung. He took his usual seat right next to him smiling at Luhan. Luhan tried his best to smile at Ha Joon, but only thought of Ji Hyun and what Mr. Hwan told him.

            You’re all alone and you don’t even know it. Luhan was about to say something when he heard the door open again. It was Mrs. Hwan. She looked well put together, meaning that the week she had without her oldest children she was able to put herself together and realize that people make mistakes.

            “Luhan, can I talk to you for a moment?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

            “Hi mommy!” Ha Joon waved his arms at Mrs. Hwan.

            “Hello Ha Joon.”

            “Uh… Yeah, Ha Joon you can wait right here, okay?” Luhan said.

            “No, actually Ha Joon isn’t going to have his lessons today, he’s just going to come home,” Mrs. Hwan replied. “Come on Ha Joon.”

            Luhan, Ha Joon, and Mrs. Hwan made there way outside. Ha Joon got into the car and was waiting patiently for Mrs. Hwan and Luhan to finish whatever they were going to talk about. Luhan felt a little uncomfortable, what else did Mrs. Hwan had to add? He knew about Ji Hyun’s amnesia and Ha Joon’s real parents.

            “My husband told me you know about the truth about Ji Hyun and Ha Joon,” Mrs. Hwan started. “I’m sorry.”

            “Why did you take Chanyeol in?” Luhan asked.

            “The moment I saw him and I held him, he was beautiful, I had this feeling that he was already mine.” Tears welled up in Mrs. Hwan’s eyes. “Your mother was going to give him away to someone else, but I told her I would take him in.”

            “Ji Hyun loves Chanyeol, Ji Min loved Chanyeol. Everyone loved Chanyeol, he was apart of our family. He’s my son.”

            “But he’s my brother, my half-brother.”

            “I know this may be too much to ask, but,” Mrs. Hwan paused for a moment. “I want you to get to know Chanyeol. I know your whole life you have been an only child, but I truly do believe that you and Chanyeolw would be great brothers.”

            “I will.”

            “And, love Ji Hyun, a lot. I know she’s been a handful, but she’s my daughter and I love her.”

            “I will.” Luhan opened the door for Mrs. Hwan.

            Ji Hyun’s apartment was quiet, Ji Hyun left, leaving Chanyeol alone by himself. He was looking through the photo albums Ji Hyun had lying around. Someone was knocking on the door, Chanyeol felt reluctant to open the door, thinking it would be his ‘parents’ or Mrs. Xi. When Chanyeol opened the door he was surprised to see Luhan.

            “Ji Hyun isn’t here,” Chanyeol said.

            “I’m not here to see Ji Hyun, I’m here to see you,” Luhan replied.

            “Oh, come in.”

            “Chanyeol, before I saw anything I just want to ap-“

            “It’s okay Luhan, you don’t have to apologize,” Chanyeol interrupted.

            “No, I do. I’m sorry about my mom I mean your mom? I don’t know what you’re going to call her?”

            “I’m just going to call her Mrs. Xi, I have a mom,” Chanyeol said bitterly. “There was no reason to come here if you were just going to ask me what I was going to call your mother. If there’s nothing else you can leave.”

            “I actually wanted to tell you something.”

            “What?”

            “You’re my brother, so I love you… Okay?” Luhan tried to make it seem less awkward than it already was, but that statement probably made it even more uncomfortable.

            “I…” Chanyeol felt the strange feeling that he should say he loved Luhan back, but he wasn’t sure if he loved Luhan or even liked him. He didn’t even see him as a brother. “You’re my brother, so I guess I’m obligated to say I love you too.”

            Luhan laughed at Chanyeol. “It’s weird isn’t it? Saying ‘I love you’ to a complete stranger only to find out they’re your brother.”

            “Yeah…” Chanyeol replied. “Luhan, you should probably go look for Ji Hyun.”

            “I will.”

 

            Ji Hyun knocked on the door of her parent’s house, deciding that now would be the right time to talk about whatever they wanted to talk about. Ji Hyun felt nervous sitting across from her parents.

            “What did you want to talk about?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Ji Hyun, do you love Luhan?” Mr. Hwan asked.

            “Why are you asking me this?” Ji Hyun questioned. “How is this relevant to anything?”

            “We want to talk to you about Luhan,” Mrs. Hwan replied. “We want to talk to you about your memory.”

            “Mom, I already know about Ji Min, I’m not stupid,” Ji Hyun admitted. “I know about Ha Joon not really being your son.”

            “How did you know about Ji Min?” Mr. Hwan wondered.

            “I remembered,” Ji Hyun replied. “It just came to me a long time ago and I thought why bring it up?”

            “So you’re able to remember Ji Min, but you can’t remember anything about Luhan?” Mrs. Hwan said confused. “How is that possible?”

            Ji Hyun shrugged. “I don’t know, maybe I just don’t want to remember him.”

            “What do you mean?” Mr. Hwan asked. “What do you mean you don’t want to remember him?”

            “What if I do remember Luhan? And he just leaves again? I’m worried, because if he left me before, what makes you think he won’t leave you again?”

            “Ji Hyun, Luhan didn’t leave you because he didn’t love you, he left you because he was only ten years old, what could he have done?” Mrs. Hwan said. “You shouldn’t be afraid to remember your love for Luhan.”

 

            Ji Hyun was at the ice skating rink where she and Luhan had their first and only date. There was no one else there, but her. She put her skates on and skated slowly to the middle, remembering when she told Luhan that if he skated to her, she wouldn’t let him go for the rest of the night. In her jacket pocket, she had the small angel toy Reira gave her.

            After skating, Ji Hyun went to the rose shaped fountain where she and Luhan talked about wishes. Ji Hyun remembered the wish she made and smiled. After that night, she didn’t think about the wish til now.

            “I wish Luhan could be happy with whoever he wishes,” Ji Hyun repeated her wish from when she first made her wish.

            “I am happy.”

            Ji Hyun jumped hen she heard that voice. She turned and saw Luhan smiling brightly at her. “Luhan.”

            “Ji Hyun, I-“

            “Don’t say it,” Ji Hyun said. “I don’t know if I’ll ever remember you, but I want you to know that I love you Luhan and I don’t think I can stand it anymore. I want to be with you and I need to know if you want to me with me too, not because I was the little girl you kne-“ Luhan embraced Ji Hyun in a kiss putting every inch of passion he could into it.  

            Slowly Luhan broke away from the kiss. “I need you Ji Hyun, I love you.”

            “I love you too.”        

            “Marry me,” Luhan whispered in Ji Hyun’s ear.  

           

            The last person Luhan needed to make amends with was his mother, not that he really wanted to, but Ji Hyun told him he would have to eventually. Ji Hyun had to drag Luhan up to Mrs. Xi’s hotel room since he was walking slowly. When they made it to her room, Luhan just stood there glaring at the door.

            “What if she’s not here?” Luhan asked.

            “Where else would she be?” Ji Hyun pointed out as she knocked on the door. When the door opened, Mrs. Xi couldn’t believe her eyes. She was seeing Luhan in person for the first time in a week. “Hi, Mrs. Xi.”

            “Ji Hyun? And Luhan? What- I mean, come in,” Mrs. Xi felt like she was in a dream, seeing Luhan and Ji Hyun holding hands.

            “Mrs. Xi, Luhan wanted to tell you something,” Ji Hyun said. Luhan glared at Ji Hyun, but she just continued talking to Mrs. Xi. “He wanted to tell you that…”

            “Before you two say anything, I’m sorry for everything,” Mrs. Xi said. “I didn’t want you to be ashamed of me Luhan, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done to you too, Ji Hyun.”

            “I accept your apology,” Ji Hyun replied, she looked at Luhan who was staring at the ground. “Luhan?”

            “I accept your apology too,” Luhan mumbled. He looked up at his mother. “And I love you, mom.” Luhan let go of Ji Hyun’s hand to hug his mother.

            “I love you too Luhan.” Mrs. Xi could feel the tears in her eyes recounciling with her son. Ji Hyun felt like she accomplished something some how, seeing Luhan and Mrs. Xi together again.

            “Mom, I need to tell you something,” Luhan told Mrs. Xi.

            “Okay? What?”

            Luhan reached for Ji Hyun’s hand. “Ji Hyun and I are getting married.”

           

            After telling Mrs. Xi that they were getting married, Luhan wanted to talk Ji Hyun some where private. Ji Hyun noticed that they were where Luhan gave his piano lessons, she was a little confused on why Luhan would want to bring her here. Luhan sat in front of the piano and looked at Ji Hyun.

            “What are we doing here?” Ji Hyun asked Luhan.

            “Remember how I promised to play the piano for you, only you?” Luhan reminded. Luhan took a deep breath and loosened up a bit, wanting to make sure it sounded perfect for Ji Hyun.

            As he started playing Ji Hyun recognized the song, it was “Kiss the Rain,” by Yiruma. She took a seat next to Luhan and rested her head on his shoulders, she slowly drifted to sleep, by the bliss of the song.

            “I love you Ji Hyun,” Luhan whispered. 

A/N: Well, this is my last chapter, but there's going to be an epilouge, so don't worry! I'm going to miss writing this story. I want to thank all my subscribers for reading and commenting! But don't worry, because I'm going to be working on my new story, which is also about Luhan. So, when I post the first chapter for my new story, you guys can read that one.