Tears

Only You

 

Ji Hyun slowly parted away from Luhan, she felt tears falling and she quickly wiped the tears from her face. She wasn’t sure if they were tears of joy or tears of sadness, because she wasn’t sure how to feel towards the kiss or Luhan. Without looking at Luhan, she just walked away.

            Feeling nothing but the ache in his heart, Luhan saw the teddy bear on the floor and picked it up. Tears were formed in his eyes again, before he turned hoping Ji Hyun would stop and look back at him. Unfortunately, she didn’t. Even though Luhan was pretty much convinced that Ji Hyun wasn’t the one he was looking for, at this point he didn’t care, he loved her, whether she was the one his was looking for or not.

           

            Tiffany woke up early deciding to run some errands and by errands, she went to go buy a new coffee maker for Luhan, since she hated buying her coffee. She spent all morning looking for one that wouldn’t break down anytime soon. Before she left, she went to check if Luhan was still in bed, yes he was.

            By the afternoon, Tiffany was done buying Luhan’s new coffee maker and other things that got her side-tracked. When she returned back to Luhan’s condo, she went to check on him again. He was still in bed, but he was just lying there looking up at the ceiling. Tiffany jumped on his bed right beside him, waiting for his reaction. Normally, whenever Tiffany did that, he would kick her off, but this time he just turned to her and turned back to the ceiling.

            “LUHANNIE!!!” Tiffany shouted in his ear. She looked at him and he just blinked. “Are you alright Luhan?”

            “What?” Luhan said, his voice cracked a little almost like he was forcing himself trying not to cry.

            “Luhan, have you gotten out of bed yet?” Tiffany asked. He shook his head.

            “How come?”

            “What’s the point?” Luhan asked.

            Tiffany sat up. “What happened last night? I fell asleep before you came home. Did you get any sleep last night?”

            “I told Ji Hyun, I loved her.”

            “Really? What did she say?”

            “Nothing…” Luhan’s felt his heart hurting just reminiscing about last night.

            “Have you talked to her? Have you called? Text?”

            “No, I’ve been too busy lying in bed,” Luhan admitted.

            Tiffany wasn’t sure how to feel about Luhan’s odd behavior, such a well put person, changed completely over one girl. “Maybe she’s at the bridal shop? You can talk to her over there.”

            “What if she doesn’t want to talk to me?”

            “You won’t know unless you actually try talking to her, now get up.” Tiffany got off of Luhan’s bed. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this way. I’m a little worried.”

 

            Chanyeol woke up early as well, normally Ji Hyun was awake before him, but today he woke up to an empty kitchen. Thankfully, Ji Hyun was out of bed and actually ready, but she was sitting in her room looking out the window. Chanyeol wanted to ask Ji Hyun if she was alright, but of course she would lie and say she was. When he asked why she didn’t go to work, she told him that she called in sick saying she was feeling a little pain. Chanyeol thought, physical? Mental? Or emotional?

            He forced Ji Hyun to come out with him to get some bubble tea. They decided to pick up Ha Joon on the way, since their parents went out with some friends. Chanyeol ordered the bubble tea for them and saw how quiet Ji Hyun was. The only conversations happening between him and Ha Joon. All three of them sat down and Ji Hyun just silently sipped her bubble tea.

            “Noona, why are you so quiet?” Ha Joon asked Ji Hyun.

            Ji Hyun looked down at Ha Joon just smiled. “Noona is really tired today.”

            “Did you stay up late?” Ha Joon asked worried. “Noona, you should get some sleep.”

            “Yeah, I should,” Ji Hyun said weakly.

            Ha Joon started kicking his feet as a smile appeared on his face. “Channie Hyung, are you going to come to my piano lessons today again?”

            “Sure, I’d love to,” Chanyeol replied, he turned to Ji Hyun. “Do you think you can go?”

            “No, I think I’ll just stay home,” Ji Hyun said quietly.

 

            Tiffany started to hate coming to the bridal shop, because every time she came she had to listen to Reira’s obnoxiousness. To Tiffany everything that came out of Reira’s mouth was complete crap and she wanted to punch her whenever Reira talked. Luhan looked lost when he walked in, like he was in a completely new environment. He just looked straight, not moving an inch. Tiffany started looking around for Ji Hyun.

            “Doesn’t Ji Hyun always work in the back?” Tiffany said confused. Searching the entire store, Tiffany still couldn’t find Ji Hyun. One of the other employees was at the front shuffling through old receipts. Tiffany walked over to the employee. “Um… Where’s Ji Hyun at today?”

            “She called in sick today,” the employee informed.

            “Great,” Tiffany muttered. She looked back at Luhan, who still looked like a lost little child.

            “Is she here?” Luhan asked.

            “Sadly no, she called in sick,” Tiffany replied. “Maybe you’ll see her when she takes her little brother to your piano lessons.”

            “Yeah, probably… Can we go back home?”

            “Yeah.”

            Back at home, Tiffany watched Luhan as he collapsed onto the couch just looking even more lost than he did earlier. He seemed so lost and Tiffany wasn’t sure what to do, since she never dealt with Luhan acting this way before.

            She sat down next to her younger cousin and sighed. “Luhan, what are you thinking of?”

            “Do you think Ji Hyun is the one?” Luhan asked.

            “How am I supposed to know? Do you think she’s the one?”

            Luhan shrugged. “I love her.” Tiffany was about to say something, but was interrupted by Luhan’s ringtone ringing. He took out of his phone from his pocket and instead of answering it he just put his phone on the coffee table.

            “Aren’t you going to answer that?” Tiffany asked.

            “Nope.”

            Tiffany reached for Luhan’s phone and pressed the answer button. “Hello?”

            “Tiffany? It’s Mrs. Xi, where’s Luhan?”

            “Luhan?” Tiffany obviously knew that Luhan didn’t want to talk to Mrs. Xi. “He’s sleeping.”

            “Oh, well can you tell him that I’ll be coming to his piano lessons to talk to him,” Mrs. Xi informed.

            “Really? To talk about what?” Tiffany wondered.

            “Don’t worry about it Tiffany, it’s just something between me and Luhan. I’ll talk to you later, alright? Bye.”

            “Bye?” Tiffany hung up her phone and put Luhan’s phone back on the coffee table.

            “Who was it?” Luhan seemed so drained his voice seemed so bleak and monotone.

            “It was your mom,” Tiffany replied. “She said that she’s coming to your piano lessons to talk to you about something.”

            “I don’t think I want to go,” Luhan said sadly.

            “Stop being so… Depressing! Get off your ! You have to teach in an hour, so stop being so sad and be the happy piano teacher you’re supposed to be!”

            “What if I do my comeback and everyone is not happy?”

            Tiffany groaned at Luhan’s depressed state. “Can you please just get off the couch and at least act like your happy?”

            “Fine…” Luhan used all his energy he had left to get off the couch. “Happy?”

            “Very,” Tiffany said sarcastically.

           

            Chanyeol felt a little worried leaving Ji Hyun at home by herself, since she supposedly said that she wasn’t feeling well. Ha Joon was so excited that this time it was just Chanyeol he couldn’t stop jumping around. Tiffany called Luhan’s friends to come, so they could try and help Luhan get over his depression state, but when they all came, they knew from the beginning that they wouldn’t be able to do anything. Ha Joon ran up to Luhan and sat at his usual spot. Luhan looked over to only see Chanyeol there.

            “Where’s Ji Hyun?” Luhan asked Ha Joon.

            “Noona? She’s sick, so she decided to stay home,” Ha Joon replied.

            Jessica, Lay, Sehun, and Kai were all wedged together looking through their phones, while Tiffany watched Luhan carefully. Tiffany saw Chanyeol sitting by himself and noticed how different he looked from Ha Joon and Ji Hyun.

            Jessica sighed and turned to look at the door. “Where’s Kris? He said he was supposed to be here by now?”

            “Maybe there’s a lot of traffic?” Kai suggested.

           

            Kris was grabbing some coffee wanting to get something to keep him awake during Luhan’s lessons, since all the calm music always made him drowsy. When Kris got his coffee, he saw someone ordering. Someone that looked familiar. The person turned to the side and quickly glanced at Kris.

            “Ji Hyun?” Kris said. Kiris examined Ji Hyun and noticed how pale and sunken in her face looked. Her hair was in a messy ponytail in contrast to how her hair was normally down every strand perfectly straightened or curled no hairs out of place.

            “I’m sorry… What was your name again?” Ji Hyun placed her hand on her head trying to remember.

            “Kris,” He replied.

            “Sorry, I’m… I’m really tired,” Ji Hyun sighed.

            Kris looked down at his phone to see the time. “Isn’t it Ha Joon’s piano lessons right now?”

            “Yeah, but Chanyeol took him instead of me since I’m feeling a little tired,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Did you talk to Luhan last night?” Kris asked.

            “Yes, I did.” Ji Hyun felt so weak; she wasn’t sure what she was really saying.

            “Did anything happen?” Kris wondered.  

            Ji Hyun closed her eyes for a brief moment trying to think back on last night. Her heart started aching at the thought of how passionate Luhan kissed her and she just walked away as a response. “Kris, can I ask you something?”

            “Sure, are you alright?”

            “Can you tell Luhan that I think we shouldn’t talk anymore unless it’s an emergency?” Ji Hyun weakly smiled. Feeling a little awkward, that Kris was now just staring at her completely shocked, she walked away.

 

            After Luhan finished all of his lessons for the day he saw his mom walk through the doors. Jessica, Sehun, Lay, and Kai watched as Mrs. Xi walked over to Luhan hugging her son happily. Luhan tried his best to maintain a good appearance in front of his mom, even though truthfully he just wanted to go back to his condo to hide in bed. Tiffany had her full attention on Luhan and Mrs. Xi to see how Luhan would react to his mother’s usual comments.

            “Luhan, I wanted to talk to you about your wedding preparations,” Mrs. Xi said happily. Jessica, Sehun, Lay, and Kai froze for a moment and looked at each other to see what Luhan was going to say.

            “Mom, can we talk about this later?” Luhan asked annoyed. “Please?”

            Mrs. Xi sighed. “Fine, you better call me later. If you don’t I’m coming to your house whether you like it or not.”

            “Okay.”

            Mrs. Xi headed back, the minute she opened the door Kris walked in. She completely ignored him as Kris did the same. Jessica saw Kris and stomped over to him, already Kris knew he was going to get a huge lecture on why he didn’t come earlier.

            “Kris, where were you?!” Jessica stomped her foot and had her hands on her hips.

            “Sorry, I saw Ji Hyun and-“

            “You saw Ji Hyun? What happened? Is she okay? Why didn’t she come?” Tiffany asked all these questions and once, she didn’t give Kris anytime to answer.

            “Hold on! Before I answer any of your questions, I need to talk to Luhan.” Kris walked up to Luhan, who was still standing exactly where he was when Mrs. Xi came and went. “Luhan, I need to tell you something about Ji Hyun.”

            “What?” The minute Luhan heard Ji Hyun’s name there was a little more life in him.

            “Well…” Kris could tell Luhan seemed livelier that he mentioned Ji Hyun, but he knew that once he told Luhan wanted Ji Hyun wanted Kris to tell him, he would go back to being dead. “Luhan-“ Kris bit his lip. “Um, what did your mom say?”

            Luhan felt a little disappointed and annoyed that Kris asked that instead of talking about Ji Hyun. “She said something wedding preparations, but who cares? What were you going to tell me about Ji Hyun?”

            “Wedding preparations? Luhan, are you going to marry Reira?”

            “No of course not, what were you going to tell me about Ji Hyun?” Luhan was starting to get impatient.

            “Luhan, I think you should talk to Ji Hyun before you talk to your mom about anything,” Kris muttered. “Just talk to her, before you do anything else or make any other decision.”

            “What do you mean?” Luhan said confused.

            “Just go talk to Ji Hyun,” Kris replied. “Call her.”

            “I will.” Luhan felt confident as he dialed in Ji Hyun’s number.

            Ji Hyun was back at home lying in her bed, when she heard her phone vibrate on her night stand. When she saw that it was Luhan, she felt her heart racing, she was debating whether she should answer or not.

            “Hello?” Ji Hyun answered.

            “Ji Hyun, I wanted to know, maybe we could meet up?” Luhan asked nervously.

            Ji Hyun took a deep breath. “Luhan, did Kris tell you anything?”

            “He told me that I should talk to you, so did you want to meet by the fountain?”

            “I… I guess. I’ll meet you in an hour okay?” Ji Hyun replied, she hung up her phone and got out of bed. She quickly changed her clothes and fixed her hair, she wanted to make sure she looked like she wasn’t dead or sulky.

            Chanyeol was in the living room when he saw Ji Hyun head out the door. “Where are you going?”

            “I’m going to meet up with Luhan,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Are you okay Ji Hyun? You look a little different.” Chanyeol observed his sister. “Did you want me to come with you?”

            “No it’s alright. You just stay home,” Ji Hyun insisted. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

            “Alright, don’t be home too late.”

            Luhan was waiting by the fountain for Ji Hyun hoping that it would go better than last night. Ji Hyun slowly approached Luhan, feeling a mix of so many emotions. She wasn’t sure how to feel. She wasn’t sure if she should feel happy to see Luhan or anxious or just depressed. In a way, Ji Hyun wanted to feel happy, but she really just felt hurt.

            “Luhan,” Ji Hyun said with a slightly hoarse voice. “About last night I-“

            “Ji Hyun, I love you,” Luhan blurted out.

            Tears immediately filled Ji Hyun the minute she heard those words. She couldn’t face Luhan, so she turned her back to him looking down at the ground. “I don’t think we should talk anymore.”

            “What?”

            “I-I don’t t-t-think we should talk… anymore.” Ji Hyun tried to keep her voice from not sounding so shaky, but she couldn’t help it.

            “Why?” Luhan asked.

            Ji Hyun turned back to Luhan. “Why do you love me? Do you only love me because of the fact that you think I’m the Ji Hyun you’re looking for? Well I’m not, okay?!”

            Luhan felt pained by Ji Hyun’s words. “Why are you thinking like that?”

            “Just tell me, why did you really ask me out in the first place when we first met?” Ji Hyun asked, “And don’t say because you thought I was beautiful.”

            In the back of Luhan’s head he knew that was one of the main reasons why he asked Ji Hyun out in the first place; just to see if she was his Ji Hyun. Luhan wasn’t sure how to answer, so he shrugged.

            “I’m sorry to disappoint Luhan, but I’m not the one you’re looking for.” Ji Hyun felt her body feel so weak from how mad she was at herself for saying those words.

            “Don’t say that, if you say that I have to marry Reira,” Luhan blurted out.

            “What?”

            “That came out all wrong.”

            “So all that time, when Reira was talking to me about being engaged… It was to you,” Ji Hyun’s tears started streaming down her face. “Were you ever going to tell me?”

            “I was supposed to but, I couldn’t. I was afraid you would be mad at me or you would never want to talk to me ever again,” Luhan admitted.

            “Goodbye Luhan,” Ji Hyun started walking away when Luhan grabbed her arm. “Let go of me Luhan!”

            “Ji Hyun, I’ll admit I wanted to go out with you at first to see if you were my Ji Hyun, but that completely changed. I was so confused, because Reira said she was my childhood friend and she had the little angel toy and everything, but something was telling me you were the one.”

            “I don’t care anymore Luhan. Just go marry Reira! Go make your mom and everyone else happy and just marry her!” Ji Hyun snapped. “Maybe she’s the girl that you’re supposedly looking for.” Luhan slowly loosened his grip on Ji Hyun’s arm. “I’m sorry I’m not her Luhan and I’m really sorry it didn’t work out between us.” Ji Hyun didn’t look back at Luhan walking away. She didn’t want to turn back, because she knew if she did she would have a harder time trying to forget about Luhan.

 

            Luhan returned back to his condo, where his friends, Tiffany, and surprisingly his mom were waiting for him. His eyes were less red than they were from earlier, so they wouldn’t be able to tell that he was crying. Tiffany prayed that Luhan would tell Mrs. Xi about ending his engagement to Reira, but deep down inside she had a tiny feeling he wouldn’t.

            “So,” Kris started. “Did anything happen while you were out?”

            Luhan took a deep breath. “Mom, I’ve decided I’m going to marry Reira.”

            Mrs. Xi’s face brightened up and she immediately hugged Luhan. “Luhan! I knew you would want to marry her.” Luhan felt stiff and just stared at his friends and Tiffany who were lost at words. They knew that things didn’t work well with Ji Hyun.

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the late update, I've been so busy with school since my AP class is killing me with homework. But I have a 3 day weekened, so I'll try to write as much as I can for you guys! :D Oh, and question for all you guys, I was already planning on writing another story after this one and I was thinking who should I write about next? Should it be Luhan again or a different Exo member?