Luhan's Surprise Visit

Only You

 

Jessica sat in the passenger seat of Luhan’s car quietly and awkwardly. She wanted to bring up his fight with his mom, but she didn’t want him to explode in her face. Luhan could tell that Jessica wanted to say something.

            “You can say it, I don’t care,” Luhan said.   

            “What are you going to do about Reira?” Jessica asked. “She was so close to telling Ji Hyun that she was engaged to you. I had to yell out Lay’s name, just so she wouldn’t say your name completely.”

            “What am I supposed to tell Ji Hyun?” Luhan snapped. “I’m getting married to Reira, but I want to be with you, Ji Hyun?! She’s never going to speak to me.”

            “Luhan, if you don’t tell her and if one of us isn’t there when Reira is, she is going to tell Ji Hyun. I think it’s better if you tell her rather than Reira.”

            “Did you hear my mom? She told me I have to marry Reira.”

            “No you don’t. You’re 22 years old, you’re supposed to make your own decisions. Stop trying to make your mom happy,” Jessica replied. “Your dad would want you to make your own decisions.”

            “Well my dad isn’t here is he?” Luhan felt tears well up in his eyes, but used all the strength he could to keep from falling, especially in front of Jessica.

            “You have to tell Ji Hyun,” Jessica said quietly. “I really like Ji Hyun, she’s seems like a really nice person, and I don’t think she should get hurt because of someone like Reira. And I can tell you like her a lot even if she might not be your Ji Hyun.”

            “I just want to find my Ji Hyun.”

            “Well you have your friends… I’m here for you.”

            “You’re not my friend, Jessica,” Luhan mumbled.

            Jessica felt pained by those words, now it was her that was fighting the tears. Even though her and Luhan didn’t get along sometimes, she thought they were friends.

           

            Chanyeol was playing hide and seek with Ha Joon and he was actually having a fun time. Mostly because their parents weren’t even at home and the nanny was watching Ha Joon. When Chanyeol asked where his parents were, the nanny told him that they went out with some friends. Ha Joon was the one hiding, so Chanyeol had to look for him, Chanyeol was looking through the whole house just to find him. The only rules were that Ha Joon couldn’t hide outside or lock himself in the bathroom.

            “Hm… I wonder where Ha Joon is is?” Chanyeol said sarcastically. He saw Ha Joon’s shadow behind the curtain. Chanyeol could hear the muffled giggles of Ha Joon as well as he got closer. “I bet he’s right… behind… HERE!” Chanyeol moved the curtains revealing Ha Joon.

            “Channie Hyung, you found me!” Ha Joon shouted happily jumping into Chanyeol’s arms making both him and Chanyeol fall over.

            “I found you!” Chanyeol started laughing, he felt so happy and cheerful whenever he was with Ha Joon compared to when he was around Ji Hyun or his parents. Once Chanyeol and Ha Joon stopped laughing, Chanyeol wonder whether Ha Joon knew Luhan. “Ha Joon, do you know Luhan?”

            “Luhan Hyung?!” Just by the mention of Luhan made Ha Joon’s face light up. “I love Luhan Hyung! He’s my other older brother!”

            “I thought I was your brother?”

            “You are too! Luhan Hyung is my brother because he’s going to marry Noona,” Ha Joon said. “If he marries Noona then he’s going to be your brother too.”

            “Why do you like Luhan?” Chanyeol wondered.

            “Hm…” Ha Joon tapped his finger on his chin trying to think of a reason. When he found his reson Ha Joon gasped, his face lighting up again. “I know! Because he’s nice to noona!”
 

            “Because he’s nice to Ji Hyun?” Chanyeol repeated a little confused. “Isn’t everyone nice to Ji Hyun?”

            “Not mommy or dad,” Ha Joon said sadly.

            “Ha Joon, do you love Ji In and Han Kang? I mean… Mom and dad?”

            Ha Joon nodded. “I love them! Don’t you love them Channie Hyung?”

            “Yeah…”

           

Ji Hyun’s first day of work was finally over and she was at the café getting a nice cup of coffee to relax. Since Mrs. Xi’s bridal store was in the shopping district, Ji Hyun was able to walk to any store. She was sitting by the window enjoying the nice sunset. Considering it was winter, the sun normally set as early as 4 or 5.

“Ji Hyun?”

Ji Hyun turned her head and saw Baekhyun smiling at her. “Baekhyun? Did you want to sit?”

“Uh sure.” Baekhyun sat across from Ji Hyun, every time he saw Ji Hyun he couldn’t help but smile like a complete idiot. “The other night I went to your apartment, but Chanyeol was only there. He told me you went on date.”

            “Oh, yeah I did.”

            “With who?”

            “I went with Ha Joon’s piano teacher, you know the pianist Luhan?” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Oh, did you have a good time?” Baekhyun asked.

            “Yeah, I did,” A smile crept on Ji Hyun’s face. She traced her finger on her lips thinking about her kiss with Luhan.

            “Do you like him?”

            Ji Hyun bit her lip. Did she like Luhan? “Yes, I like him.”

            “Oh, well then… I’m happy for you,” Baekhyun said sadly.

            “I know that my parents wanted me to be with you but…”

            “No it’s okay, I’ll be fine.” Baekhyun’s smile appeared again. “So if he breaks your heart do I have to beat him up? Or is Chanyeol going to?”

            “Hopefully none of you have to.”

           

            Quietness for the first time in forever finally entered Luhan’s condo. He was sitting in front of his piano, hoping to play. He pressed a key, hearing the soft high pitched sound. It was complete bliss to his ears to only hear the piano instead of his friends talking about Ji Hyun or his mother talking about Reira or Reira wanting to talk to him about weddings and flowers for the wedding. There was only so much he could withstand before he exploded. He placed both of his hands on the piano ready to play when he phone rang.

            Luhan groaned and decided to ignore it. He pressed the keys when his phone started ringing again. He descended away from the piano and answered his phone. “What?”

            “Is that how you answer your phone to your cousin?”

            “Tiffany?”

            “Yes, Tiffany, who else?”

            “Why are you calling me?” Luhan asked.

            “Because I wanted to tell you I’m coming to visit you!” Tiffany said happily. “Your mother called me telling me there was going to be a wedding.”

            “What?! Tiffany, I’m not getting married.”

            “Luhan, you’re so funny. I’m pretty sure you’re just getting cold-feet. I can’t wait to meet the bride. By chance, do you know where a good place to stay is?” Tiffany asked.

            “Why don’t you just look it up on your computer or something?” Luhan wondered.

            “Because I’m already here in Seoul! I’m in a cab and I don’t exactly know what to tell my cab driver where to go,” Tiffany admitted.

            “What?!”

            “Luhannie, should I just come to your place? I don’t care if it’s messy, your mom told me how much of a mess your place is, but who cares right?”

            “Tiffany!”

            “Luhannie, I think you could let your cousin come over, so I’ll see you in 20 minutes? Don’t worry I still remember the address to your condo! Bye!” Before Luhan could say anything else Tiffany already hung up.

 

            About exactly 20 minutes later, Luhan heard a knock at his door. Reluctantly, he opened it and a hyper Tiffany jumped on her younger cousin. Luhan noticed her attire and realized that she had sunglasses on her head and she was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. She must have come straight from her vacation home in Hawaii.

            “HI COUSIN!” Tiffany greeted after their hug. She rolled her two suitcases behind her and stopped right in the middle of the room. “Hm… So where am I staying?”

            “What?” Luhan said.

            “I’m staying here! Remember?” Tiffany fell on Luhan’s couch taking in a deep breath. “This is way better than the seats on the plane.”

            “You could have at least called me to tell me you were coming,” Luhan muttered.

            “I wanted it to be surprise. Stop being such a slump Luhannie. Of course I can’t blame you. First your music career dies out and now you’re a married man. You know I didn’t find out about your canceling dates of your concert till three days ago? Apparently in Hawaii, people don’t care much about you compared to here and parts of America. ”

            “I told you to stop calling me Luhannie and how did you find out then?”

            “Your mom called me and I thought “hey why not look my cousin up and then this article about you popped up.” Anyways, do I get to see your beautiful fiancée? What was her name? Reira?”

            “I’m not getting married to Reira,” Luhan replied simply.

            “What? Why?” Tiffany asked upset. “I thought I would actually be a part of a wedding for once.”

            “Tiffany, I don’t even love Reira.” Luhan collapsed next to Tiffany on the couch.

            “Oh… Arrange marriage? People still do those?”

            “Tiffany! I’m serious!” Luhan shouted.

            “Okay okay, I’m sorry. If you don’t want to marry her than why don’t you just tell your mom?” Tiffany asked.

            “Don’t you think I’ve tried and my mom doesn’t exactly listen to me,” Luhan replied.

            “You know if your dad was still here, I think he would actually listen to you,” Tiffany said quietly.        

            “Why does everyone like mentioning my dad? Why? Tell me why?!” Luhan snapped. “Do you guys like making me feel bad I wasn’t there when he was sick in the hospital?”

            “We don’t like making you feel bad, but… You don’t exactly like talking about him. It’s not really healthy,” Tiffany felt a little guilty about mentioning Luhan’s father. “You know eventually, you’ll have to visit him.”

            “I don’t want to visit him,” Luhan mumbled.

            “Your dad loved you Luhan, he would have let you done whatever you want, not push you over the edge like everyone else have. He would have been a real parent and listen to you.”

            “He died before I even got to the hospital to say goodbye.” A tear slowly made its way down Luhan’s cheek. “He was good dad and I was a terrible son.”

            Tiffany got up from the couch. “Hey, tomorrow lets go do something fun. Okay? Like we used to. Stop being a mope and be happy for what you have right now.”

            “Tif-“  

            “No, don’t say anything unless it’s thank you and telling me where my room is.” Tiffany smiled. 


A/N: I know this isn't much of an exciting chapter, but it gives you a little more about Luhan's life. A little about his dad and hey his cousin is none other than Tiffany from SNSD! The next chapter will be a little more exciting, because Tiffany will have a lot to say about Ji Hyun and Reira. Which one do you think she'll like more? Plus, does Luhan have the heart to tell Ji Hyun about his engagement to Reira and does Ji Hyun have an idea for their second date?  
Also, like I said before, I'll try to update as much as possible, but school... School is just a no no.