Our First Date

Only You

 

Ji Hyun felt her nerves kicking in through her whole body, making her body feel like jello. She was standing in front of Luhan’s door, taking deep breaths. Slowly, with all the courage she had, she finally knocked on the door, it didn’t come to Ji Hyun’s mind till, but she thought it was funny how she was the one knocking on Luhan’s door, when he should have been the one knocking on her door, since he was the boy.

            The opened revealing Jessica, who was munching on chips. Ji Hyun could see Lay, Kai, Kris, and Sehun all bundled on the couch watching TV on Luhan’s plasma screen. “Ji Hyun!” Her voice was slightly muffled by all the chips.

            “Hi… Is Luhan here?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Yeah, he’s upstairs fixing his hair,” Jessica informed. “Come in!” Ji Hyun stepped inside; the first thing that caught her eye was Luhan’s huge grand piano. Ji Hyun was so mesmerized by the piano, she nearly tripped on something. She looked down and saw a teddy bear laying the floor.

            Ji Hyun kneeled picking it up, she ran her fingers through the bears fur. Jessica and the boys watched Ji Hyun to see the reaction on her face, but it was blank.

            “Ji Hyun? Are you okay?” Jessica asked.

            “Uh yeah,” Ji Hyun got back up. “It’s just this bear…”

            “This bear?” Sehun repeated.

            “Nothing.” Ji Hyun nicely placed the bear back on table. Jessica had a little disappointment in her, that Ji Hyun didn’t say anything else.

            Luhan walked downstairs, when he saw Ji Hyun he felt his heart race. “Ready Ji Hyun?”

            “Yes,” Ji Hyun said eager to go to Luhan’s surprise date location. “So, are you going to tell me where we’re going or is it still a surprise?”

            “It’s still a surprise,” Luhan replied.

            “Okay… I’m not really a big fan of surprises, but I guess I have to be this time…” Ji Hyun felt even more nervous, if she didn’t even know where she was going.

 

            Chanyeol was flipping through the channels on TV, but couldn’t find anything that interested him. He was happy that Ji Hyun went on her date, but he was bored out of his mind and needed something to do or else he would scream of boredom. Chanyeol was still flipping through the channels, when threre was a knock on the door. Quickly getting out of his seat, Chanyeol ran to the door. Baekhyun was standing there nervously, hoping to see Ji Hyun, but instead saw Chanyeol.

            “Chanyeol?”

            “Hi, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol awkwardly greeted. He remembered Chanyeol, from a couple years ago, but hasn’t talked to him since. Chanyeol wondered if Baekhyun still had a crush on Ji Hyun.

            “Is Ji Hyun here?” Baekhyun asked.

            “Nope, she’s on a date,” Chanyeol replied. “I wonder if I should have told him that?”

            “Oh…” Baekhyun felt disappointed that Ji Hyun wasn’t here, but also stupid for being there when Ji Hyun was on a date with someone else. “Do you know who?”

            “Uh… No,” Chanyeol lied.

            “Okay, well when Ji Hyun comes home can you tell her to call me?” Baekhyun asked.

            “Yeah, sure thing.” Chanyeol closed the door as Baekhyun left. It was pretty obvious that Baekhyun still liked Ji Hyun all these years.

           

            “Can I open my eyes yet?” Ji Hyun asked Luhan, he was leading her to their date, but told Ji Hyun that she couldn’t see yet.

            “Not yet,” Luhan was covering her eyes, so she wouldn’t sneak a peek.

            “Could you at least give me a hint?”

            “No.”

            “Why is it so cold?” Ji Hyun asked.

            Luhan stopped still covering Ji Hyun’s eyes. “Okay, now.” Luhan removed his hands from concealing Ji Hyun’s eyes.

            She slowly opened her eyes. “An ice skating rink?”

            “Yeah, I don’t know if you like ice skating, but I was able to reserve the whole rink for us,” Luhan said.

            “I love ice skating, I haven’t been ice skating in forever.” Ji Hyun looked at the perfectly smooth ice and how the lights shown on it making the ice glisten. Since the ice skating rink was outdoors and it was dark, the only lights were the lights that shined on the ice rink. “I didn’t bring my skates though.”

            “That’s fine, I brought Jessica’s, if you can fit her big feet,” Luhan handed Ji Hyun Jessica’s skates and quickly they put their skates on. Ji Hyun was the first to get on the ice, gliding through it flawlessly.

            She turned to Luhan who was holding on to the rails. “So the date is to go ice skating yet you don’t know how to?”

            “I haven’t ice skated in a long time,” Luhan defended.

            “Come on Luhan!” Ji Hyun grabbed Luhan’s hand helping him onto the ice. “It’s not even that hard.”

            Luhan was looking down at his feet to make sure he kept his balance. “It’s hard for me.”

            “Hard for someone who’s able to perform in front of thousands of people and play the piano perfectly?”

            “Yes, even for someone who can do all of that.” Luhan almost fell backwards, but he quickly gripped tighter onto Ji Hyun.

            “How about you actually try to let go?” Ji Hyun suggested, she slowly started to let go of Luhan’s hand, leaving him to stand alone on the ice. Ji Hyun was now skating circles around Luhan.

            “What are you doing?!? You’re supposed to help me!”

            “I am helping you, you’ll never learn if you don’t do it on your own.”

            Luhan felt a little scared considering he was in the middle of the rink, so he couldn’t grab onto the rail to help him. “Ji Hyun!”

            Ji Hyun stopped. “Okay, if you at least skate over to me I won’t let you go for the rest of the night, but if you don’t then… You have to buy me ice cream. Okay?”

            “That’s easy.”

            Ji Hyun skated on the other side of the rink to make it harder for Luhan. “Okay, ready!”

            “That’s not fair! You’re way over there!” Luhan protested.

            “Just hurry up!” Ji Hyun started laughing at Luhan.

            “Ugh, fine.” Luhan took a deep breath and slowly moved his feet forward. Before he knew it, he was skating perfectly like Ji Hyun.

            “I knew you could do it!” Ji Hyun said happily as she started clapping. “Congratulations!”

            “Now, I’m coming to get you,” Luhan quickened pace to get to Ji Hyun.

            “No you’re not!” Ji Hyun started skating away so Luhan wouldn’t be able to get her.

            “Hey no fair!” Luhan pouted. He stopped and folded his arms.

            “You are such a child, be a man!” Ji Hyun taunted.

            “I’m the child? You’re the one telling me to chase you!”

            “Are you going to buy me ice cream then?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “No!” Luhan started skating his way towards Ji Hyun. She tried to skate past him, but got stopped by his long arms that wrapped around her waist. “I win!” Luhan and Ji Hyun’s legs got tangled together, causing both of them to fall on the ice.

            Ji Hyun and Luhan both started laughing at their clumsiness. Luhan noticed that he was straddling Ji Hyun, he had his arms propped beside Ji Hyun’s head on both sides to keep himself up from crushing Ji Hyun. The laughter faded into silence as they both just stared into each other’s eyes. It didn’t dawn on Ji Hyun how perfect Luhan looked up close till now, his dark mysterious onyx eyes or his perfect crescent smile. Just thinking of those things made her melt. Slowly, Luhan leaned in closer to Ji Hyun, brushing his lips gently on hers, he hesitated to move any closer thinking that maybe she didn’t want to kiss him and she was just caught up in the moment. Ji Hyun could tell by Luhan’s hesitation that he wasn’t sure if she wanted to kiss him, so she lifted her head a little crashing her lips onto his. Luhan felt his body melt at the touch of Ji Hyun’s soft warm lips and just felt that this was the Ji Hyun he knew.

            Slowly they both parted, both feeling breathless, both only said one thing, “Wow.”

 

            The doorbell to Luhan’s condo rang, causing all of Luhan’s friends to nearly jump from the loud sound. Jessica, who was nearly asleep, turned her attention towards the door, while the guys just ignored it completely.

            “Should we answer it?” Jessica asked the guys.

            “Nope,” Kai replied. “What if it’s Mrs. Xi? What are we going to tell her? Your son is on a date with a girl hotter than Reira? Yeah that’s going to go well.” The doorbell rang again causing the guys to now look at the door as well.

            “Should we answer it?” Jessica repeated.

            “Kris go answer it,” Lay whispered.

            “Why me?” Kris asked.

            “Because you’re the hyung, so go answer it!” Sehun snapped.

            “Fine, me and Jessica will both go answer it,” Kris grabbed Jessica before she could protest in anyway. Kris slowly opened the door and immediately gasped when he saw Reira.

            “Hello,” Reira greeted.

            “Told you you shouldn’t have answered it,” Kai muttered. Lay and Sehun both nudged his side, making Kai glare at them.

            “Reira? What are you doing here?” Kris asked.

            “Where’s Luhan?” Reira walked in past Jessica and Kris, who both had panicked looks on their face.

            “He’s um… He’s at… the…” Jessica couldn’t think of anything that would sound relevant, considering it was 9 o’clock at night and there wasn’t much you could exactly do.

            “Why are you all here?” Reira asked disgusted that Luhan wasn’t here, but his friends were.

            “Because we’re Luhan’s friends,” Kai muttered.

            “Well, I’m his fiancée, so tell me where is Luhan?”

            “You’re not his fiancée!” Sehun shouted, but Lay covered his mouth to muffle the sound.

            “Tell me where Luhan is right now or else I’ll ask Mrs. Xi,” Reira told Kris and Jessica.

            “Luhan… He is at… At the… Um…” Jessica looked at Kris with pleading eyes to think of something.

            “Luhan is at the supermarket!” Kris stated.

            “Why would he be at the supermarket?” Reira asked.

            “Yes, Kris, why is Luhan at the supermarket?” Jessica asked glaring at Kris.

            “He is at the supermarket to… Get some… Pig… Intestines?” Kris made up. Jessica, Sehun, Kai, and Lay were all dumbfounded that Kris would something so stupid.

            “Why would Luhan get pig intestines?” Reira was a little disgusted at the thought.

            “Because he eats it duh Reira?” Jessica said playing along.

            “Oh, Mrs. Xi didn’t tell me that.”

            “Well now you know, so when you two get married you can cook it for him!” Kris grabbed Reira’s shoulders and led her way to the door. “So it was nice seeing you, but you have to go Luhan doesn’t like visitors. Okay bye Reira.” Kris shoved Reira out and slammed the door behind her. He looked at the mindless stares of his friends and just smiled weakly. “What?”

            “Pig intestines? Really?” Kai said with disbelief. “Luhan is going to kill you.”

            “Hey at least I got her out of here, who knew she was actually dumb enough to believe that,” Kris mumbled.

           

            Luhan and Ji Hyun were now walking together through the park, even though it was late at night, they both didn’t want to go home yet. Luhan had his hands in his pockets wondering if he should reach over and hold Ji Hyun’s hand. There was a bunch of light posts, so they were able to see each other clearly.

            Ji Hyun stopped when they reached the middle of the park, where there was a big round fountain that almost resembled a fully blossomed rose.

            “You know what they say about this fountain?” Ji Hyun told Luhan.

            “What?” Luhan asked.

            “They say if you make a wish at this fountain it’ll come true.” Ji Hyun didn’t keep her eyes off of the fountain.

            “Really?”

            “Yep, but you can only wish for one thing and it can’t be something selfish; like you can’t wish to have all the money in the world,” Ji Hyun explained. “Did you want to make a wish?”

            Luhan shook his head. “No, I think I’ll save it for later. Are you going to make a wish?”

            Ji Hyun reached into her pocket for a coin, when she found one, she held it in her hand and closed her eyes. After a couple minutes of standing there thinking of a wish, she threw her coin into the fountain.

            “What did you wish for?” Luhan asked.

            “I can’t tell you or else it won’t come true,” Ji Hyun said smugly.

            “How come you can’t tell me?”

            “You know what I want you to do for me?” Ji Hyun told Luhan changing the subject.

            “What?” Luhan asked.

            “I want you to play the piano for me,” Ji Hyun admitted.

            “Okay, I’ll play after Ha Joon’s lesson on Monday,” Luhan replied.

            “No, I want you to play for me… Only for me.”

            “Only you?” Luhan said surprised.

            “Yes, only me, with no one else with us. It will be like a tiny concert, but just for me. Promise?” Ji Hyun stuck out her pinky.

            Luhan looked at Ji Hyun’s pinky and looked into Ji Hyun’s eyes telling him she was serious about the pinky promise. “Promise.” Luhan wrapped his pinky around Ji Hyun’s.

            “Cross my heart, hope to die, eat a thousand needles if I lie. I swear,” Ji Hyun chanted. She released Luhan’s pinky, with Luhan a little confused.

            “Do I really have to eat a thousand needles? Who knows how much I’d actually eat? I’d probably lose count after 10,” Luhan joked. “Of course I would need to get sent to the hospital afterwards.”

            “You don’t have to eat a thousand needles, it’s just something people say when they make pinky promises,” Ji Hyun laughed.

            “I don’t know who’s the kid, you or Ha Joon.”

            “Just don’t forget, okay?”

            “Okay, I won’t forget.”

A/N: Like I promised, here is Ji Hyun and Luhan's first date! I know probably not as great as you guys would have thought, but it just came to me. Next chapter, is Ji Hyun's first day at work at Mrs. Xi's bridal store! I don't don't know maybe next chapter or the chapter after Ji Hyun and Reira will meet and obviously it won't go well.