Chapter 3: What is Love?

Only You

 

“I don’t understand why I have to get the Royal Pain in the his coffee,” Jessica complained to Kris on the phone. She’s been waiting in a long line at the coffee shop all morning just to get Luhan coffee.

Kris just sighed. “Jessica, can you please just grab him some, his coffee maker is broken?”

“Maybe that’s a sign he shouldn’t be drinking all that coffee! You know coffee makes you age and it stains your teeth and-“ Jessica was nearly shouting at her phone when she realized that everyone was staring at her. She lowered her voice. “Why didn’t you get it for him if you were going to his house?”

“I’m sorry, maybe next time.” Kris could tell by Jessica’s tone of voice, she was going to be mad at him for the rest of the day. “I love you.”

“Just because you say that doesn’t mean I’m not mad at you,” Jessica said not wanting to give in to Kris. “But I love you too. Bye.” Jessica hung up the phone trying to stay mad at Kris, but a smile crept up on her face.

Jessica ordered Luhan’s coffee and was happy to get out of the crowded coffee store. Jessica was texting on her phone telling Kris that she finally got Luhan’s coffee. She looked up from her phone and saw Ji Hyun walk in. Quickly, Jessica stopped in front of Ji Hyun.

“You’re Ha Joon’s sister right?” Jessica asked Ji Hyun.

Since Ji Hyun wasn’t properly introduced to Jessica, she didn’t exactly know what to say. She remembered Jessica’s face from yesterday, but she didn’t know her name. “Yes… You’re?”

“Oh! I’m Jessica, I’m one of Luhan’s… friend?” Jessica didn’t really consider her Luhan’s friend, but what else could she say.

“You’re his girlfriend?” Ji Hyun thought after Jessica hesitated to say friend.

“NO!” Jessica denied. “No, no, no, I’m not Luhan’s girlfriend, no I have a boyfriend and it is not Luhan!”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to say something offensive.” Ji Hyun felt a little uncomfortable because she didn’t know Jessica, yet she was having a conversation with her. For a couple minutes there was an awkward silence between them. “I uh, I have to go, I have class.”

“Wait!” Jessica thought of a brilliant idea, but she knew Luhan would kill her. “You should give me your number so I could give it to Luhan.”

“Why would Luhan want my number?” Ji Hyun asked.

“Because….” Jessica tried to think of something that Ji Hyun would believe enough to give Jessica her number. “Because, in case Luhan needs to call you for Ha Joon’s lessons and he can’t get a hold of you.”

“Okay?” Ji Hyun wrote down her number and handed it to Jessica. After giving her number to Jessica, Ji Hyun left so she wouldn’t be late for class completely forgetting about getting her morning coffee.

Ha Joon was at school, he was out at recess with his best friend, Myung Dae, when he saw Cho Hee walk past them. Ha Joon stopped what he was doing to stare at Cho Hee. Myung Dae followed Ha Joon’s gaze.

“Why do you like Cho Hee?” Myung Dae asked as he passed the basketball to Ha Joon.

“Cause, she’s the prettiest person I’ve ever seen,” Ha Joon sighed.

“I think your sister is way prettier than Cho Hee,” Myung Dae admitted. “Do you think your sister likes me?”

Ha Joon looked at Myung Dae like he was crazy. “No, she’s too old for you.” Ha Joon straightened his posture when he saw Cho Hee walking their way.

“H-hi Ha Joon oppa,” Cho Hee greeted, she was blushing and was looking down at her feet.

“Hi Cho Hee,” Ha Joon tried his best to not sound nervous.

Myung Dae just rolled his eyes. “Ha Joon! Are we going to play basketball or not?”

“Yeah,” Ha Joon answered still keeping his eyes on Cho Hee. “Bye Cho Hee.”

“Bye Ha Joon,” Cho Hee said a little upset. She walked away looking back at Ha Joon who was now playing basketball.

            Jessica walked into Luhan’s condo with his coffee. Kris, Lay, Sehun, Kai, and Luhan were in his living room watching TV. Jessica glanced to see what they were watching. Sports. Typical of them. She placed the cup of coffee in front of Luhan.

            “For the record, I’m not your personal assistant so you can’t order me around getting you coffee,” Jessica told Luhan as she took her seat next to Kris.

            “Yeah, yeah whatever, thanks for the coffee,” Luhan mumbled as he took a sip of his coffee. “If you were my personal assistant I would fire you. Why is it so cold?”

            “I almost forgot!” Jessica started looking through her purse for Ji Hyun’s number. She got out the small piece of paper and gave it to Luhan.

            “What is this?” Luhan examined the paper.

            “It’s a number,” Kai replied.

            “I know what it is, but what is it for?” Luhan asked irritated.

            “Who’s Ji Hyun?” Sehun wondered when he saw the paper.

            “You know that one girl with the little brother from yesterday’s lesson? The little cute boy, Ha Joon? I saw his sister today when I went to go get your coffee and I thought maybe-“

            “No Jessica, I don’t want to go on a date with this girl.” Luhan already knew the minute Jessica started talking.

            “Why not?” Jessica pouted.

            “Is it the hot girl we were talking about yesterday?” Kai asked.

            “Sure,” Jessica replied.

            “Luhan, maybe you should go out with her?” Lay said.

            “Why? I don’t know even know her; you all are just basing her on her looks. What if she’s a snob? Plus, she’s one of my student’s sister,” Luhan pointed out. “I don’t want to go out with anyone.”

            “Luhan, I’m slowly starting to think you don’t like girls at all,” Kris admitted.

            Luhan just got up from his seat. “You don’t understand! None of you do! I don’t want to get into a relationship with anyone! I just came here for a vacation!” Luhan just left to his room in frustration slamming the door.

            “Why is he so upset?” Jessica asked. “We’re just trying to help.”

            Sehun looked at the paper with Ji Hyun’s number. “I’m pretty sure there’s a reason why he doesn’t want to go out with anybody.”

            Ji Hyun just finished class, when her mother started calling her. She knew it was probably so Ji Hyun could pick up Ha Joon from school.

            “Hello?” Ji Hyun said as she got into her car.

            “Ji Hyun? Can you pick up Ha Joon from school?” her mother asked.

            “Yeah, don’t worry I got it.” Ji Hyun hung up the phone.

            Ha Joon was waiting outside for someone to pick him up. He just got out of school, so he wasn’t worried about Ji Hyun picking him up late. When Ha Joon saw Ji Hyun park her car, he immediately ran over and took his seat in the front.

            “You’re not late for once Noona!” Ha Joon joked as he put on his seatbelt.

            “Haha, Very funny.” Ji Hyun looked at Ha Joon. “Does that mean I don’t have to get you ice cream today?”

            “You’d have to get me ice cream even if you weren’t late, but I don’t want ice cream today.”

            “What’s wrong? You always want ice cream,” Ji Hyun asked. “Are you sick?”

            “Noona, how do you know if you love someone?” Ha Joon wondered.

            “Why are you asking about love?”

            “Noona, I want to know! Because I think I’m in love with Cho Hee,” Ha Joon admitted.

            “How do you know you’re in love with Cho Hee? You’re only in the first grade,” Ji Hyun replied. “It’s impossible for you to be in love with someone at this age.”

            “Have you ever been in love Noona?” Ha Joon questioned.

            “I’m not sure, I mean there was a time once, but I don’t think it was real love.”

            Luhan was reading a book in the gazebo that was in his backyard. Even though was only ten, he still loved reading. He was so smart he could read at a college level. Ji Hyun saw Luhan in the gazebo and skipped over to him.

            “Luhan oppa what are you doing?” Ji Hyun asked. She stood on her toes to see what Luhan was reading. “What are you reading Oppa?”

            Luhan closed his book. “I’m reading the book Great Expecations.”

            “Oh, can I read it?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “You probably won’t be able to understand it, so no.”

            “Is it like a fairytale? Is there a boy and girl that falls in love?” Ji Hyun asked hoping that there was.

            “Well, I guess you can say that? The main character Pip likes a girl named Estella, but she tells him she can’t love him,” Luhan explained.

            “Well, why not?”

            “That’s how she was raised, she was raised to break people’s hearts,” Luhan replied.

            Ji Hyun next to Luhan. “I love you, Luhan.”

            “I love you too.”

            Luhan was listening to Ha Joon play the first five notes of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. This time it was only Sehun and Kris, when Kris invited Jessica, Jessica said she was busy doing something. Sehun really thought it was because Jessica didn’t want to see Luhan or didn’t want to get his coffee for him.

            “You’re doing great Ha Joon maybe you’ll finish learning the whole song by today,” Luhan said. “Play it again.” Luhan was listening, when he heard Ha Joon miss a note.

            “Sorry Hyung,” Ha Joon apologized.

            “Its okay,” Luhan replied. “Just try it again.” Luhan was waiting for Ha Joon to play, but noticed Ha Joon looked a little upset. “What’s wrong Ha Joon?”

            “Luhan Hyung, how do you know if you’re in love?” Ha Joon asked.

            “What?” Luhan sat down next to Ha Joon. “Why are you asking about love?”

            “Hyung, I like some girl at my school, but I don’t know if I should confess to her I like her.”
            “Aren’t you too young to be thinking about love?” Luhan said.

            “That’s what Noona said,” Ha Joon grumbled.

            “I’m just your piano teacher Ha Joon, I don’t think I can give you advice about love,” Luhan said. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay,” Ha Joon said upset. Ha Joon saw Ji Hyun walk in and waved at her. He jumped off the chair and stood by the stairs of the stage. “Hi Noona!”

“Hi Ha Joon,” Ji Hyun greeted, she turned to Luhan. “Hello.”

“Hi,” Luhan greeted back.

Sehun and Kris who were nearly falling asleep woke up when they heard Ji Hyun’s voice. Quietly, they looked to see how Luhan would interact talking to her.

“What do you think Luhan will actually say to her?” Sehun whispered.

“Nothing,” Kris whispered back. “After yesterday, I don’t think he even wants to talk to her.”

“Why? She didn’t do anything wrong but give her number to Jessica,” Sehun replied.

Ha Joon looked at Ji Hyun and then at Luhan. “Luhan Hyung, do you think Noona is pretty?” Sehun and Kris’s eyes almost popped out hearing that question as they leaned in closer to their chairs to see what Luhan would say.

“What?” Luhan looked at Ji Hyun, who just grabbed Ha Joon.

“You don’t have to answer that, we’ll be going now. See you on Monday Luhan,” Ji Hyun said quickly. Before Luhan could say anything, Ji Hyun and Ha Joon already left.

“You should have said yes!” Sehun and Kris shouted. 

 

A/N: Next chapter, someone will visit Luhan, Ji Hyun won't be happy about what her parents have to say, and Ha Joon has an idea for both Luhan Hyung and his Noona.