Heart Aches

Only You

 

For the first time since Tiffany has been here visiting Seoul, she couldn’t sleep. Not after what happened a couple hours ago that is. She felt the sense that she should have been up talking to Luhan about what happened with Ji Hyun, but right after Mrs. Xi left, he went straight up to his room hiding his shame from her and his friends.

            Tiffany slowly crept out of bed and made her way down the tiny hall to Luhan’s bedroom door. She pressed her ear on his door wondering if she would be able to hear if Luhan was awake or not. Nothing. He was probably was awake, but wanted to be alone.

            A couple hours ago when Ji Hyun came home, Chanyeol asked her if she was okay, but she didn’t answer which worried Chanyeol even more than he already was. The moment Ji Hyun went to bed, Chanyeol crept to her bedroom door and could hear the tiny sniffles and sobs. He wanted to comfort her, but he didn’t know how. Ji Hyun wasn’t someone to express her feelings, but she was Chanyeol’s older sister and he was obligated to go in and tell Ji Hyun the normal things brothers told their sisters if a boy made them cry. He would tell Ji Hyun that he would beat up Luhan or even kill him for making her cry, but he knew that Ji Hyun would get mad and throw her pillows at him.

            During a trip to the bathroom late at night, Chanyeol could still hear the tiny cries of Ji Hyun through her door. Chanyeol opened the door a tiny crack to see Ji Hyun sitting on her bed surrounded by bunches of tissues.

            “Ji Hyun?” Chanyeol whispered, he walked in her room and tried to find a place to sit on her bed without sitting on her used tissues. Ji Hyun looked like a wreck, more than she did earlier. “Are you okay?” Ji Hyun couldn’t answer, so she just shook her head. “Is it Luhan?” Ji Hyun started crying even harder at the mention of Luhan’s name. “I guess it is.”

            Ji Hyun grabbed another tissue and blew her nose. She took a deep breath trying to calm herself down before speaking. “He’s getting married to Reira… I should have seen this coming.”

            “What? He’s getting married?!” Chanyeol tried his best to not be so loud. “Why did he even go out with you then?! I’m going to kick his !”

            “He thought I was some little girl he used to know when he was younger and that I gave him a bear when I was younger,” Ji Hyun told Chanyeol. “Why would he think that?”

            “Ji Hyun, I think you should get some sleep,” Chanyeol said quietly. “Don’t you have work tomorrow?”

            “Yeah, you’re right. Goodnight Chanyeol.”

            “Goodnight Ji Hyun. I love you.” Chanyeol walked out of Ji Hyun’s room slowly and quietly closing the door. Maybe later he would go visit his mother and father.

            A couple hours later, Chanyeol woke up to the front door of the apartment close. He got up and went to Ji Hyun’s room which was perfectly clean and defected of all her used tissues. On her night stand there was a note for Chanyeol saying: Off to work! If you need anything I left the car for you. – Ji Hyun.

            Ji Hyun didn’t want to come to work today, but she didn’t want to miss another day. When she arrived at work, there was no one in the front bustling around at the register like always or Mrs. Xi would always be in the front talking to a customer.

            “Oh my god Reira, you look amazing!”

            Ji Hyun walked over to where all the voices were and saw Mrs. Xi and the other workers looking at Reira who was wearing a beautiful strapless wedding gown. The corset was covered in all types of beading and crystals and the skirt was a perfect A line ball gown.

             Reira saw Ji Hyun and immediately smiled. “Ji Hyun, what do you think? Do you think Luhan would like this dress?”

            Ji Hyun tried to keep the tears from falling. “You look great Reira; Luhan would love you in that dress.”

 

            Tiffany and Luhan’s friends were all dragged along with Luhan to go get his tuxedo fitted. They were all trying to succumb to the fact that Luhan was truly getting married to Reira, even though they didn’t want to. They watched as the seamster walked in and out to make sure every inch of Luhan’s outfit was perfect. Since there weren’t many chairs in the dressing room they were all squished together on four chairs.

            Luhan turned to his friends. “What do you guys think?”

            “You look like you’re going to a funeral,” Tiffany spat. “And to add, it looks like you’re attending your own funeral!”

            “Thanks for your opinion cousin,” Luhan muttered. He turned to his friends. “What do you guys think?”

            “You look… great,” they all murmured.

            “Why do you all look so unhappy? I thought you wanted me to get a girlfriend,” Luhan said.

            “Yeah a girlfriend! Like Ji Hyun, not a wife like Reira!” Kai snapped.

            “Why are you marrying her?” Kris asked.

            “Because she’s my Ji Hyun,” Luhan answered simply.

            “No she isn’t,” Jessica said. “Why do you think that all of a sudden?”

            “Because she is, she has the angel toy I gave her when we were younger and she says she is.” Luhan looked at himself in the mirror fixing his tie. “I just wish people can be happy for me.”
            “So, has your mom talked to you about your comeback?” Lay asked changing the topic about something other than weddings and Reira.

            “Yeah, she said that I’ll have my comeback in a two weeks and then after that I’m getting married,” Luhan said. “It’s pretty great.”

            “Luhan, I’m going to ask you this again. Do you really want to marry Reira?” Tiffany questioned. “Are you sure about this? Do you truly love Reira?”

            Though it took a moment for all those questions to process coreectly in Luhan’s mind he thought about how Ji Hyun was feeling right now at that very moment he was standing there getting his tuxedo tailored for his wedding. She was probably broken, more than he was.

            “Luhan?” Tiffany said impatiently.

            Luhan faced Tiffany again. “Yes, I love her.” He wasn’t sure if he was truly referring to Reira, but he was sure that he loved Ji Hyun.

           

            Chanyeol walked up the steps to his parent’s house. He felt the need to have called to tell them that he was coming, so that he knew they would actually be there instead of some event or a lunch with a friend. He knocked on the door waiting patiently for the maid to answer the door, but surprisingly it was his mother who opened the door.

            “Chanyeol?” Mrs. Hwan was surprised that he was here by himself. “What are you doing here?”

            “I need to talk to you about Ji Hyun,” Chanyeol walked in without his mother’s invitation. “Where’s Ha Joon?”

            “He’s at school,” Mrs. Hwan replied.

            “Where’s Han- I mean dad.” Chanyeol decided to try and get in the habit of actually calling his parents “mom” and “dad” even if they weren’t his real parents.

            “Your father is at work, so it’s just me at home by myself,” Mrs. Hwan informed. “It’s always like this during the weekdays.”

            Chanyeol turned to his mom. “Luhan is getting married, did you know that?”

            “Yes, I got an invitation earlier today in the mail, there was one for you and Ji Hyun as well,” Mrs. Hwan said awkwardly.

            “Did you know that Luhan and Ji Hyun were together or that they were seeing each other?”

            “What are you talking about?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

            “Last night, Luhan and Ji Hyun met and he told her that he thought she was a little girl he knew when he was younger,” Chanyeol explained. “He also told her that she gave him a teddy bear when she was younger. Does that sound familiar?”

            “How come when you come back to visit us you have to torment me with questions about the past? Do you think I want Ji Hyun to like someone like Luhan?” Mrs. Hwan said. “Do you think before I sleep every night I think of way to ruin my children’s lives?”

            “I sometimes wonder,” Chanyeol replied. “Are you going to ever tell Ji Hyun?”

            “Can you stop asking me that?” Mrs. Hwan demanded. “I wish that you would stop tormenting me. You and Ji Hyun are so mean to your own mother.”

            “You must really hate your kids to lie to them, that’s all I truly think whenever I see you and dad.”

            “Even though you think I’m a bad mother, I still love you because you’re my son,” Mrs. Hwan admitted. “I love you and Ji Hyun even though you two are unwilling to say you love me.”

            “I’ll say I love you when I believe you truly love Ji Hyun,” Chanyeol replied. “Your daughter is broken and you don’t seem to really care.”

            “What can I do? Tell her that everything is going to be alright? That would be lying to her, I can’t tell her that she’ll end up with Luhan, because honestly I don’t.”

            “I just want you to tell Ji Hyun the truth.”

           

            After Luhan’s fitting, Tiffany and Jessica left the boys to Mrs. Xi’s bridal store in hopes that Ji Hyun was there. At the bridal store, there were a lot of customers and consultants running everywhere like every other day at the store. Jessica saw Reira holding a dress in her arms and felt the need to throw up.

            Reira was startled when she saw Tiffany and Jessica and tried her best to smile. “What are you two doing here?”

            “My aunt owns this place.” Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Have you seen Ji Hyun?”

            “Oh her? I don’t know where she is.” Reira started looking through her purse.

            Attached to Reira’s purse, Tiffany saw something familiar. Something that she couldn’t quite put her finger on. She looked closely at the little toy that was attached to Reira’s purse, trying to remember where she saw it.

            “Reira, where did you get that?” Tiffany pointed at the little angel toy.

            “Luhan gave it to me. Duh?! He gave it to me when we were little,” Reira said rolling her eyes. “Now if you excuse me I have to go.” Reira pushed Tiffany and Jessica out of the way.

            “Do you ever feel like you just want to punch her?” Jessica asked Tiffany, but Tiffany was still trying to find out where she saw that familiar toy. “Tiffany?”

            “Huh?” Tiffany snapped back out of her thoughts. “Did you say something?”

            “Are you alright?” Jessica asked.

            “Yeah, it’s just that, I think I saw that one charm toy thing that Reira had on her purse,” Tiffany replied.

            “Maybe you saw it at a store?” Jessica suggested.

            “No, I think I’ve seen it somewhere else.”

            A little confused, Jessica just shrugged off Tiffany’s weird brief moment and looked around for Ji Hyun. Ji Hyun was looking through the dresses to make sure they were all in the right places.

            “Ji Hyun?” Tiffany said as she approached her.

            Ji Hyun glanced up and was surprised to see Tiffany. “Tiffany?” Ji Hyun tried to “Did you want me to get Mrs. Xi?”

            “No, it’s alright, Jessica and I actually wanted to talk to you about something,” Tiffany said.

            “You two want to talk to me about Luhan,” Ji Hyun guessed.

            “Yes actually.” Jessica could see how anxious Ji Hyun looked at the sound of just saying Luhan’s name. “Ji Hyun, what did you say to Luhan last night?”

            “I just told him I don’t think we should talk anymore,” Ji Hyun bluntly said. “Which I don’t think is a bad thing now that he’s going to be a married man.”

            “Ji Hyun, are you sure you’re not the little girl that Luhan knew when he was younger?” Tiffany wondered. “It just doesn’t make sense that it’s Reira.”

            “It wouldn’t exactly make any sense if it was me either, since I don’t even remember ever meeting Luhan when I was younger,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “But Ji Hyun, I thought you loved Luhan,” Tiffany said. “Why would you leave someone you love?”

            “I can’t love someone who only loves me because they think I’m someone I’m not. Plus, why does it matter if I love Luhan? Mrs. Xi loves Reira and she wants Luhan to marry her,” Ji Hyun admitted. “Luhan just isn’t the one for me.”

            “But Luhan loves you, he doesn’t love Reira.” Jessica didn’t want to sound so aggressive about this, but she felt irritated and just wanted Ji Hyun and Luhan be together.

            “I think that Luhan is better off with Reira, Luhan and I just weren’t meant to be. Excuse me, but I have to get back work.”

            Luhan felt a little lost by everything; he decided to cancel all of his piano lessons for the day. He couldn’t find a reason to even continue giving kids piano lessons, especially if he comeback went well, he would be forced to go back on tour. He was at the preforming arts school, where he gave his lessons, and was trying to play the piano. Trying to think of a song to play when we performed in front of all those people, trying to show them that he did love playing the piano and that he was good at it.

            He kept trying to play “Angel” but he would always mess up; whether he pressed the wrong key or he just forgot, he was doing badly. The door opened and Luhan looked over and saw Chanyeol standing there.

            “Chanyeol?” Luhan got up and wasn’t sure whether he should be scared or happy. “What are you doing here?”

            “My mom called me to tell me that you cancelled your piano lessons for the day,” Chanyeol said. “I kind of figured you would be here.”

            “Oh, did you need something?” Luhan asked.

            “I want to punch you in the face, but I can’t,” Chanyeol admitted.

            “O-okay.” Luhan stepped back from Chanyeol a little frightened. “I know you probably hate me for telling Ji Hyun that I’m marrying Reira.”

            “Yeah, my mom gave me your wedding invitation. Whoever sent those out must have a lot of nerve giving on to Ji Hyun.”

            “I didn’t send them out, my mom did,” Luhan muttered.

            “Yeah, well, I think you should know that you shouldn’t marry Reira,” Chanyeol replied. Without any need to say anything more Chanyeol left. He wanted to tell Luhan the truth, but he felt it wasn’t his place to. He hoped that Luhan would just come to his senses and not marry Reira.

            Ji Hyun was playing with her angel toy since Luhan still had her teddy bear from his performance. Luhan walked into Ji Hyun’s room jumping up and down with her teddy bear in his hand.

            “Ji Hyun! Ji Hyun! Ji Hyun! Ji Hyun! Ji Hyun! Ji Hyun! Ji Hyun! Ji Hyun! Ji Hyun! Guess what?! Guess what?! Guess what?!” Luhan was so excited he couldn’t think straight.

            “What Luhan?” Ji Hyun was slightly annoyed that Luhan was interrupting her playing with her toy again.

            “I won! I won! I won!”

            “Won what?” Ji Hyun asked excited.

            “I won the piano competition!” Luhan shouted. “I won and it was all because you gave me your teddy bear on stage.”

            “What did you win Luhan?”

            “My mommy said because I won the competition I’m going leaving Beijing and moving to Korea,” Luhan said happily.

            “You’re leaving?” Ji Hyun said sadly. “Why are you happy about that?”

            “I want you to come with me Ji Hyun.”

            “Luhan, if I go I’m going to miss my mommy and daddy,” Ji Hyun said sadly. “If you go, I’ll be sad.”

            “But I have to go now, my mommy already called people to pack our stuff.”

            “Who’s going to be my best friend?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “I’ll still be your best friend, I promise.” Luhan stuck out his pinky finger.

            “No.”

            After Tiffany dropped Jessica off at her house, before heading to Mrs. Xi’s meeting for the wedding about what to serve. It was going to be a complete surprise, but she thought Mrs. Xi didn’t deserve to be told when Tiffany was going to drop by because when she remembered where she saw that angel toy she wasn’t exactly pleased. Tiffany went to the restaurant where she saw Mrs. Xi talking to the chef.

            When Mrs. Xi saw Tiffany she wasn’t exactly thrilled to see her, but she tried to act happy to see her niece. “Tiffany? What are you doing here?”

            “I want to talk to you about something,” Tiffany said.

            “Okay, what is it?”

            “Today, I went to the bridal store and I saw Reira.” Tiffany tried to keep her anger in, especially because Mrs. Xi wasn’t her mom. “She had something that I remember seeing in your hotel room.”

            “What?”

            “That angel toy, I’m starting to think that Reira isn’t Luhan’s childhood friend at all, but of course I kind of figured when I first met her.” Tiffany glared at Mrs. Xi. “You gave Reira that angel toy didn’t you and then told her to show it to Luhan so she could portray his childhood friend. I think you’re hiding something and I’m going to tell Luhan.”

            “You can’t tell Luhan!”

            “Why not?” 

 

            “Please, just don’t tell Luhan, okay?”

            “You must really hate your son.” Tiffany walked away from Mrs. Xi having nothing left to say to her. 

A/N: I should have updated yesterday, but I didn't sorry! Hopefully, I can update late tonight and tomorrow since I don't have school tomorrow. If not than I'll probably update Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm thinking about starting my new story, since I'm almost done with this one. I don't know how many more chapters this story will be, but probably 25 or 30? Not sure. I'm still not sure, who's going to be in my next story though. I was thinking of writing it about Baekhyun or Suho or Kris or Luhan again?