The Truth

Only You

 

Luhan woke up early since he couldn’t sleep anyways. When Tiffany came home last night she didn’t say anything to him, but a simple hello. He walked into the kitchen and noticed the new coffee maker right on the counter. Instead of making some coffee from the new coffee maker, Luhan preferred to go out and get some coffee.

            At the coffee shop, Luhan was sitting alone, he remembered when Ji Hyun spilled coffee on his sleeve and they both asked each other if they liked anyone. Luhan remembered when he hated teaching little kids how to play the piano, but now… He liked it; he liked teaching little kids something he loved. The piano. He loved the piano, but now he wasn’t so sure what he loved anymore.

            “Hyung!” Luhan looked up from his coffee cup and saw Ha Joon running to him. “Luhan Hyung!”

            “Ha Joon?”

            Ha Joon had the brightest smile on his face to see Luhan. “Luhan Hyung!”

            “Ha Joon, what are you doing here?” Luhan asked.

            “Ha Joon!” The moment Luhan heard that voice, his heart started pounding. Ji Hyun ran up to Ha Joon, when she saw Luhan she felt a million emotions rushing through her body.

            “Hi,” Luhan said to Ji Hyun.

            “Hi,” Ji Hyun felt awkward, especially how their last conversation left off.

            “Did you two want to sit?” Luhan asked.

            “Actu-“

            “Yes!” Ha Joon took the seat in the middle smiling happily at Luhan and Ji Hyun. Ji Hyun sat across from Luhan, she tried not to make any eye contact with Luhan, knowing that she would probably cry if she did.

            “How have you been?” Luhan asked Ji Hyun.

            “I’ve been…” Ji Hyun wasn’t sure what to say, she didn’t want to lie and say she was good because she wasn’t. She felt hurt and seeing Luhan made it worst. “I’ve been alright. How about you?”

            “I’ve been better,” Luhan admitted, he tried to laugh but it didn’t seem all that funny. He saw the seriousness in Ji Hyun’s face and he knew that he had to be serious instead of being funny. “I’m really sorry about everything Ji Hyun.”

            “Why?” The tears were coming again, quicker than Ji Hyun thought they would. “I love you Luhan.” Ji Hyun and Ha Joon both got up from their seats. Luhan got up feeling that it would give him a sense of pride somehow, even though he felt none.

            “I’m sorry Ji Hyun, you don’t have to forgive me, but I just wanted you to know that.”

            Ha Joon noticed the sadness between Ji Hyun and Luhan. “Hyung, why are you two so sad?”

            Luhan just smiled and placed his hand on Ha Joon’s head. “We’re not sad.” He looked at Ji Hyun. “I just want you to be happy for me.”

            “I can be happy for you of course I can be happy for you.” Ji Hyun smiled, wiping away her tears. She hugged Luhan, feeling his arms wrap around her. They both had a sense of never parting away, feeling the warmth between each other.

 

            Mrs. Xi was in her apartment building, she had her phone in her hand. After her conversation with Tiffany, she started thinking about what she should do if Tiffany told Luhan. She had to think of an idea before Luhan changed his mind again about marrying Reira. Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

            “Come in!” Mrs. Xi shouted.

            The door opened and Reira skipped in. “Hi!”

            “Hello Reira,” Mrs. Xi greeted.

            Reira took a seat next to Mrs. Xi on the couch. “I went to go check on my dress again I can’t wait another week to marry Luhan. I wish I could just marry him right now.”

            “I know, but in two days Luhan is going to perform for his comeback, so we’ll announce your engagement to everyone,” Mrs. Xi said.

            Reira sighed. “Do you think Luhan still likes Ji Hyun?”

            “Of course not, he said he wanted to marry you.”

            “I know, but… it just seems like Luhan likes Ji Hyun a lot, plus I don’t think he really believes the lie that I’m his childhood friend,” Reira admitted.

            “I do everything to protect my son from things that hurt him,” Mrs. Xi said.

           

            The day of Luhan’s comeback, was the first time in months that the paparazzi finally started invading his privacy again. Everywhere he went he saw cameras flashing in his face as he arrived at the venue where he was going to perform. The entire place was a huge round ballroom. Chandeliers everywhere, the ceiling was covered in paintings, the whole place looked regal. Right in front of Luhan there was a big sleek black grand piano. It glistened under all the lights, feeling like it was haunting him.

            “Luhannie!” Tiffany surprised Luhan hugging him. She was already prepped up for the event which was only an hours away. She examined Luhan from head to toe and tilted her head a little. “You look alright. Are you nervous?”

            “Just a little,” Luhan admitted. “I haven’t played in front of an audience since my last performance.”

            “You’ll do great,” Tiffany insisted. “You’re Luhan, child prodigy.”

            “Thanks.”

            “Your dad would be very proud of you.”

            “I know, that’s what everyone says.”

            “Well, it’s true, so hurry up and get ready and then after this boring event we can go party!” Tiffany started dancing.

            Luhan couldn’t help but laugh at Tiffany dancing in her dress. “I’m already ready.”

            “You’re not ready if you’re not smiling!” Tiffany hugged Luhan. “I hope you make the right choice.”

            “What?” Luhan looked at Tiffany who just smiled and headed out the door. “What are you talking about?”

            Immediately, the venue started filling up with tons and tons of people. People Luhan knew and some he didn’t. He mostly didn’t know anyone to be honest. A bunch of musicians came to watch Luhan and a bunch of reporters came just to get an interview with him, even if it was just getting one answer for him. Reira arrived and a million photographers and reporters took pictures of her and Luhan together. Jessica, Kris, Sehun, Lay, and Kai were all talking with Tiffany, when Jessica saw Ji Hyun and Chanyeol walk in with their parents.

            Jessica and Tiffany ran over to Ji Hyun nearly knocking her over hugging her. “JI HYUN!"

            “Hi,” Ji Hyun greeted laughing. “It’s nice to see you two too.”

            “Hi, you must be Chanyeol,” Tiffany said happily. “I’m Tiffany.”

            “Hi,” Chanyeol replied. Kris, Lay, Sehun, and Kai walked over to the group happily greeting Chanyeol and Ji Hyun. As they were talking a slow song started playing, causing Jessica and Tiffany to get excited.

            “Kris! Let’s dance!” Jessica grabbed Kris’s arm and dragged him to the dance floor.

            “Did you want to dance?” Tiffany asked Chanyeol shyly.

            “Sure,” Chanyeol said as he followed Tiffany to the dance floor.

            Kai, Sehun, and Lay were about to ask Ji Hyun to dance, when someone tapped on her shoulder. Ji Hyun turned around and saw Luhan smiling at her.

            “Did you want to dance?” Luhan held out his hand for Ji Hyun.

            “Sure.” Ji Hyun placed her hand on Luhan’s as they slowly made their way. Luhan placed his hands on Ji Hyun’s hips and she wrapped her arm around his neck. “Isn’t Reira going to be mad?”

            “I don’t care,” Luhan whispered in her ear sending shivers down Ji Hyun’s back. Ji Hyun rested her head on Luhan’s shoulder closing her eyes. Reporters started watching Ji Hyun and Luhan as they were slow dancing.

            Mrs. Xi and Mrs. Hwan were talking to their friends when they saw Luhan and Ji Hyun dancing together.

            Mrs. Xi approached Mrs. Hwan. “Can I speak to you for a moment?”

            “Fine,” Mrs. Hwan said still looking at Ji Hyun and Luhan. They both moved out to a hallway where no one could hear or see them. “What?”

            “Did you tell Chanyeol or Tiffany about Ji Hyun?” Mrs. Xi asked.

            “What are you talking about?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

            Reira was walking around looking for Luhan, when she saw him dancing with Ji Hyun. She gasped at the sight and tried to find Mrs. Xi to see if she could stop Luhan from dancing with Ji Hyun.

            Ji Hyun looked up into Luhan’s deep onyx eyes. Luhan leaned in closer to Ji Hyun brushing his lips softly on hers. So close, Ji Hyun slowly backed away letting go of her grip on Luhan.

            “I’m sorry,” Ji Hyun said as she walked away.

            “Wait Ji Hyun.” Luhan started following Ji Hyun, trying not to lose her in all the people.

            Mrs. Hwan rolled her eyes listening to Mrs. Xi asking her so many questions if she told Ji Hyun or anyone the truth about Chanyeol.

            “Do you think I would actually tell Chanyeol the truth?” Mrs. Hwan snapped at Mrs. Xi. “You honestly think I’m that stupid.”

            “Sometimes I wonder,” Mrs. Xi muttered. “Your daughter is nothing but trouble, I feel sorry for Ha Joon.”

            Reira was still looking for Mrs. Xi when she heard two people shouting at each other. She looked and saw Mrs. Xi and Mrs. Hwan arguing. She hid so they wouldn’t see her, but Reira was still able to hear the whole conversation.

            “What is that supposed to mean?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

            “Obviously, you don’t know how to raise your own kid let alone other people’s children,” Mrs. Xi stated.

            “I hope you know one of the ‘children’ I raised was yours!” Mrs. Hwan snapped. “If you even want to call him your child, because you didn’t even want to raise him!”

            “What was I supposed to do?! If I didn’t give Chanyeol up Luhan’s father would have left me.”

            “Who cares?! Chanyeol may have not have been his child, but he was your child! It was your choice to cheat on Luhan’s father, so you should have had the responsibility to take care of Chanyeol,” Mrs. Hwan said. “How many lies are you going to tell your son before he realizes how crazy you are!?”

            “How crazy I am?! What about you? You lie to your daughter,” Mrs. Xi scoffed when Mrs. Hwan was lecturing her about lying to her child. “You think you’re the best mom in the world? You only think about yourself.”

            “Please, I care about myself? What about you? I thought about Chanyeol, I’ve thought about Chanyeol ever since I took him in as my own. You only think about yourself.”

            Reira couldn’t believe her ears. Chanyeol was Luhan’s half-brother? She quickly left before anyone noticed her.

            Luhan followed Ji Hyun outside, where there was no one, just the two of them. “Ji Hyun stop!” Luhan demanded.

            Ji Hyun stopped and faced Luhan. “What Luhan?”

            “Ji Hyun, I love you,” Luhan said.

            “Why are you saying that?” Ji Hyun furiously asked. “Stop saying that!”

            “Stop saying I love you? Why?”

            “Because you can’t say you love me and then be engaged to Reira! That’s not right!”

            “I don’t want to be with Reira, I want to be with you,” Luhan admitted. He cupped Ji Hyun’s cheeks, resting his forehead on hers. “We could run away together, just you and me. We wouldn’t have to deal with any of this.”

            “Luhan, we can’t… I wouldn’t want you to give up everything just for me.”

            “I want to.” Luhan lifted Ji Hyun’s chin, as they both slowly closed their eyes, moving in closer to a kiss.

            “Luhan!” Tiffany and Lay saw Ji Hyun and Luhan, who quickly parted away from each other when they heard them calling him.

            “Yeah?” Luhan felt his face get all hot and red.

            “It’s time for your performance,” Tiffany informed. “You should probably hurry up, everybody’s waiting for you.”

            “Okay.” Luhan just looked back at Ji Hyun as he made his way back inside with Tiffany and Lay. Everyone cheered when they saw Luhan as they were waiting for him to play the piano again for the first time in months.

            “Luhan!” Before, Luhan started playing Tiffany walked over with something in her hands. She handed Luhan, the teddy bear that Ji Hyun gave him. “Your good luck charm, remember?”

            “Thanks.” Luhan placed the teddy bear right beside him. The moment he saw Ji Hyun watching him, he felt a surge of happiness run through him. He felt like it was only here in the room he was playing for as he was playing “Angel.”

            Reira noticed Luhan looking at Ji Hyun and how happy he looked. She felt nothing but jealousy and rage, making her way to Ji Hyun.

            “You must feel pretty good about yourself,” Reira hissed to Ji Hyun.

            “What are you talking about?” Ji Hyun said.

            “That everyone is so truthful and loving towards you,” Reira stated. “Luhan loves you, Chanyeol loves you, and even Luhan’s friends love you. All of them tell you the truth, all of them except your mother.”

            “My mother? What are you talking about?” Ji Hyun asked almost laughing.

            “You should ask her who Chanyeol’s real parents are.” Reira smirked, when she saw Ji Hyun look a little confused and worried.

            Ji Hyun walked past Reira and tried looking for her mother. Mr. and Mrs. Hwan were standing near the front to get a good look at Luhan. When they saw Ji Hyun they immediately smiled.

            “Mom, dad is there something you need to tell me?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “What?” Mrs. Hwan said confused. “What do you me?”

            “Is Chanyeol my brother?”

            Mrs. Hwan and Mr. Hwan both fell silent at that sudden question. “We should talk about this later,” Mr. Hwan muttered. Luhan finished playing and everyone started cheering and clapping for him at his amazing performance.

            “No, dad I want to know now!” Ji Hyun shouted. Everyone stopped when they heard Ji Hyun’s voice and started at her and her parents.

            Chanyeol walked over to his family. “What are you guys doing? You’re making a public scene.”

            Ji Hyun completely ignored Chanyeol and continued talking to her parents. “I’m going to ask you this again and you two are going to answer me right now. Tell me Reira is crazy and that she’s lying, but is Chanyeol my brother?” When Mrs. Xi heard the question she immediately felt a small ache.

            “It’s complicated,” Mr. Hwan replied.

            “No it isn’t, either Chanyeol is or isn’t my brother.”

            “He’s my son,” Mrs. Xi admitted, everyone heard and everyone gasped at that confession.

            “What?” Chanyeol and Luhan both said.

            “Mom, what are you talking about?” Luhan asked. “He’s not my brother… Right? You’re lying…”

            “No, I’m not Luhan.”

            “How can he be my brother?” Luhan tried to keep his voice calm, especially because this was in front of a million people and half of them were reporters.

            “I had an affair with someone else and your father said if I didn’t get rid of the baby he would divorce me so I gave him to Ji Hyun’s parents,” Mrs. Xi replied with tears in eyes already spilling. “I’m so sorry.”

            “So you lied to me… Again,” Luhan snapped. “How could you lie to me?!”

            “I was trying to protect you.”

            “I hate you,” Luhan said. He turned to Ji Hyun, who just stood there in complete shock. “I’m really sorry.”

            “No, don’t be. You should marry Reira and just… Leave me alone. Oh and Mrs. Xi, I quit.” Ji Hyun turned around and started making her way through the crowd, though it was easy since people moved out of the way for her.

            Luhan watched Ji Hyun leave and saw everyone staring at him. “I’m going to go.” As Luhan was making his way out photographers started flashing cameras in his face and reporters started asking him several of questions.

            Chanyeol looked at his parents, who were in tears. “I really hate you two and Mrs. Xi, I don’t care if she’s my mom or not.”

            Once Luhan, made his way out of the venue, people went back to what they were doing and started dancing and conversing to each other about this new topic of Luhan’s ‘brother.’ Kris, Lay, Sehun, Kai, Tiffany, and Jessica, were all together in a huge shock over what just happened.

            “What should we do?” Kai asked.

            “Should we go talk to him?” Sehun suggested.

            “But what if he wants to be alone?” Lay pointed out.

            “He needs someone to talk to,” Kris replied.

            “Maybe, I should go talk to him, since I’m his cousin,” Tiffany said.

            “No, I’ll talk to him,” Jessica replied. “I want to talk to Luhan.”

            “Are you sure?” Kris asked.

            “Yes.” Jessica walked out and saw Luhan sitting out on the steps. He was holding the teddy bear in his hands with tears in his eyes.

            “What do you want?” Luhan asked.

            “I know you don’t exactly consider me as your friend, but I do. I consider you as my friend.” Jessica sat down besides Luhan.

            “I really don’t want to talk about it Jessica.”

            “You’re going to have to talk about it eventually.”

            “How about never?” Luhan snapped. “My mom lied to me my whole life about this brother I supposedly had! She gave him away like giving away money! She ruined my life.”

            “Can you remember that she just didn’t ruin your life? Ji Hyun’s life is ruined too; how would you feel that someone you knew your whole life wasn’t who you thought they were? Chanyeol’s life is ruined because he’s with a screwed up mom and a brother who only cares about himself!” Jessica snapped.

            “Get over yourself Jessica,” Luhan muttered.

            “No!” Jessica stood up looking down at Luhan. “You may not hear this again from anyone else, but this is what’s on everybody’s mind and they all want to say it: Luhan, you hate your mom, but you’re just like her, you lied to Ji Hyun about being engaged to Reira. You tricked her into loving you only to break her heart, when you should have told her the truth from the beginning. Your father wouldn’t want you to be this way; he would probably slap you if he saw you like this. You are not twelve anymore Luhan, you’re twenty-two and you could act least act like it. You’re not Luhan, twelve year old child prodigy, you’re twenty-two, but that doesn’t mean you have to be an treating people like crap when you hate to be treated like that. You know what you don’t deserve Ji Hyun if this is how you’re going to act.” Jessica walked back inside leaving Luhan to think.

            He looked down at the bear and started breaking down, tears streaming down his face.

A/N: So the truth is finally out! Well, one of them is, there's still the really big one, but that's for much later. Hopefully, I'll have the next chapter up by late tonight or tomorrow. BTW: I'm going to start on my new story once the poster and background is finished, so you guys can go check it out! I know people are probably going to wonder why it's about Luhan again, but I just felt like writing it about him again? Lol XD