We're not a Couple

Only You

 

A/N: For some of my old subscribers, this was one of my chapters that got deleted, so I'm pretty sure some of you have already read this, but for those of you who are my new subscribers than enjoy this chapter! :D Oh and the next chapter is also going to be an old chapter as well. So basically this chapter and the next were the two chapters that got deleted and then I'll try to upload a new chapter by tomorrow or Friday. 

 

After the small altercation with her parents, Ji Hyun felt a little uncomfortable going back there to pick up Ha Joon for his piano lessons. Ji Hyun hesitated to knock on the door, but she did. In less than a minute the door opened and surprised that her daughter was there, Mrs. Hwan, just smiled.

            “I’m here to pick up Ha Joon,” Ji Hyun told her mother.

            “Of course,” Mrs. Hwan replied.

            Ha Joon ran to the door and seemed excited as ever. “Hi Noona!”

            “Hi,” Ji Hyun said in almost a whisper it almost sounded like she said nothing.

            “You two should probably go before you’re late,” Mrs. Hwan suggested.

            “Okay, by Momma.” Ha Joon gave their mother a kiss on the cheek.

            “Ji Hyun!” Mrs. Hwan said before they left.

            Ji Hyun turned to her mother. “Yes?”

            “I know last night didn’t end very well, but the boy we were talking about… He’s coming next week, so maybe…”

            “Yes, Mom, I will meet him,” Ji Hyun sighed. She didn’t want to meet him, but she didn’t want to fight with her parents about it either.

            “Really?” Mrs. Hwan said surprised at her daughter’s answer. She tried to conceal her happiness, so Ji Hyun wouldn’t feel like her mother was just acting upset so she could say yes to meet him.

            Ha Joon started at his sister the whole time during the car ride, noticing how tensed she looked. “Are you mad Noona?”

            Ji Hyun looked in the mirror making eye contact with Ha Joon, she forced a smile so she wouldn’t seem so upset. “No, why would I be upset?”

            “Because you and Momma always fight,” Ha Joon said sadly.

            “Mom and I don’t fight because we don’t get along… We fight because…” Ji Hyun tried her best to make it seem like her and mother weren’t fighting, but Ha Joon wasn’t stupid. “It’s nothing Ha Joon, trust me.”

            Ha Joon seemed excited as ever to get to his piano lessons, right when he got out of the car he immediately ran inside. Ji Hyun ran in after him and saw him already greeting Luhan. Luhan looked at Ji Hyun and immediately looked away. Luhan was happy that none of his friends were here today to bug him.

            “Well, I’ll see you later Ha Joon,” Ji Hyun called out.

            “Noona, you should watch me today!” Ha Joon suggested happily.

            Ji Hyun felt a little uncomfortable and noticed that Luhan looked a little nervous as well. “No, I think I’ll just go.”

            “No, you should stay,” Luhan piped up.

            “Uh… okay.” Ji Hyun sat down in the front row of seats and watched as Luhan and Ha Joon continued their lesson. Ji watched as Luhan sat next to Ha Joon playing the song first and watching as Ha Joon would repeat after him.

            Ha Joon looked up at Luhan who seemed a little lost today. “Hyung, are you really getting married?”

            Luhan almost completely forgot about Reira, until Ha Joon mentioned right now. He looked up at Ha Joon’s big dark onyx eyes. “Uh… No, of course not.”

            “Did you want to get ice cream with me and Noona?” Ha Joon asked.

            Luhan looked back at his Ji Hyun who was playing on her phone. “Wouldn’t Ji Hyun’s boyfriend mind?”

            “Noona doesn’t have a boyfriend!” Ha Joon giggled at that comment as he continued playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

            “Oh, um…” Luhan scratched the back of his head. “Sure? I guess, if it’s alright with Ji Hyun.”

            Ha Joon immediately jumped out of the chair and ran over to Ji Hyun. Startled, Ji Hyun looked up from her phone and saw Ha Joon who had a big grin on his face. “Noona, can we take Hyung to go get ice cream with us?”

            Ji Hyun was kind of speechless by the question and just stared at Luhan who turned around the second Ji Hyun turned to him. “Yeah, if Luhan wants to.”

            The next thing Ji Hyun knew, she was driving while Luhan was in the passenger seat heading to the ice cream shop with Ha Joon. The ride there was awkward, since Luhan or Ji Hyun didn’t know what to say. They both realized that they’ve never actually had a full conversation before and now that they were in a car together going to the ice cream shop they were bound to talk about something.          

            At the ice cream shop, Ha Joon grabbed both their hands holding them as they walked in. Luhan felt uncomfortable, since people were staring at them, like they were a couple and Ha Joon was there kid. Or really Ji Hyun’s kid since Ha Joon looked nothing like Luhan.

            “Noona, I want chocolate!” Ha Joon exclaimed.

            “O-okay,” Ji Hyun said. “Uh, I’ll have one chocolate and uh…” Ji Hyun looked at Luhan. “Did you want anything?”

            “No, I’m fine,” Luhan replied.

            “Aw, you two are so cute together!” The lady who worked there shrieked as she handed Ji Hyun the ice cream for Ha Joon.

            “We’re not a couple,” Ji Hyun and Luhan both said quickly.

            From the corner of Luhan’s eyes, he could see Ji Hyun blushing. It wasn’t until he noticed that his face was getting a little hot and red as well. Ha Joon finally let go of both of their hands and they just sat down and watch Ha Joon eat his ice cream happily.

            Ji Hyun felt the awkwardness increase more and she realized that she would be the one to break the ice. “So… If this isn’t awkward, um… Why did you come back to Seoul?”

            Luhan looked up for the first time and met eyes with Ji Hyun. “I wanted to have a little vacation.”

            “Oh.”

            Since that question didn’t lead to anything else, Luhan decided he would ask the next question. “Ji Hyun, so uh… Have you lived in Seoul your whole life?”

            “No, before Ha Joon was born we lived in China for a little while,” Ji Hyun answered.

            “China? Where in China?” Luhan curiously asked.

            “In Beijing.”

            “In Beijing?” For a moment Luhan wanted to ask Ji Hyun, but it could have been a complete coincidence. “When did you leave?”

            “When I was like ten or eleven,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Did you have a lot of friends? Or a best friend even?”

            Ji Hyun shrugged. “I think I did? I don’t remember it was so long ago.”

            Ha Joon shoved the last remaining part of the ice cream cone and swallowed it wiping his mouth. “Noona, how could you forget a best friend? If they were your best friend, wouldn’t you remember?”

            “I guess that person wasn’t my best friend if I couldn’t remember them,” Ji Hyun said.

            Luhan felt a little upset hearing that, but he realized what if she wasn’t the right Ji Hyun? What if the one he knew was a completely different one?