Disagreements

Only You

 

“Ji Hyun!” Luhan ran over to Ji Hyun who was outside playing tea party with the little angel and her teddy bear. “Ji Hyun! I have to tell you something important!”

            Ji Hyun acted like she didn’t notice Luhan and reached her teddy bear’s tea cup. “Would you like more tea bear oppa?”

            “Ji Hyun? Did you hear me?!” Luhan nearly shouted in Ji Hyun’s ear.

            “Luhan, I’m playing tea party, can you please wait?” Ji Hyun asked annoyed of her friend.

            “But it’s important!”

            “Fine, what?”

            “I learned my first song on the piano!” Luhan exclaimed. There was silence between Ji Hyun and Luhan. She blinked a couple times trying to think of something to say.

            “Does that mean you’re going to play for me?” Ji Hyun asked excited.

            “Yes, I’ll play for you, just like I promised,” Luhan replied.

            “Promise?” Ji Hyun stuck out her pinky finger.

            “I’m too old for that Ji Hyun,” Luhan told Ji Hyun crossing his arms.

            “Lulu…” Ji Hyun sniffled and pouted her lip.

            “Fine, fine…” Luhan wrapped his pinky around  Ji Hyun’s.

            “Cross my heart, hope to die, eat a thousand needles if I lie. I swear.”

            Luhan woke up at the sound of his doorbell ringing, he groaned thinking that it would be 8 AM, he looked at his alarm clock. It was actually 10:20, which was the longest he’s slept in, since he got here. He opened the door and saw all his friends standing there with bright smiles, they were probably here to ask Luhan about his date with Ji Hyun.

            “You look like you just woke up,” Sehun said.

            “That’s because I just did,” Luhan mumbled.

            “Well, I got you your coffee,” Jessica said happily, she handed Luhan his cup of coffee. They all took their usual spots on the couch and waited patiently for Luhan to tell them about the date. “So…”

            “So what?” Luhan rubbed his eyes to help him wake up completely.

            “What do you mean ‘so what’? How was your date with Ji Hyun?” Kai asked.

            “It was… It was alright.”

            “Alright? How could it be alright? Last night you kept smiling and then you made us leave before we could ask you!” Jessica said annoyed. “Tell us how the date was!”

            “It was fine,” Luhan answered simply. “Thank you for asking though.”

            “Fine, you don’t want to tell us we can just ask Ji Hyun,” Jessica sighed. “It would have been better though if you told us.”

            “There is something that she said that kind of bugged me,” Luhan confessed.

            “What?” Kris asked.

            “She made me pinky promise her something,” Luhan said.

            “O…kay…? She made a pinky promise? Weird,” Kai scoffed, thinking that was weirdest thing he’s ever heard. “That’s ridiculous.”

            “No what was ridiculous was Kris telling Reira that Luhan liked eating pig intestines,” Lay started laughing.

            “What?” Luhan turned to Kris.

            “Well, she was stupid enough to believe it!” Kris defended. “Anyways, what were you saying about the pinky promise thing?”

            “Oh right, I think that Ji Hyun is the Ji Hyun I’m looking for,” Luhan stated.

            “Speaking of Ji Hyun, I just remembered that your mom said something about today being her first day of work at her bridal store,” Jessica informed. “Maybe you should walk in and wish her good luck considering that your mom is kind of crazy.”

            “My mom isn’t crazy… She’s just… Worried. Ever since my dad died, she’s been kind of over protective,” Luhan replied. “But yeah, I’ll go visit Ji Hyun, unless Reira is there.”

            “Jessica, why don’t you work there so you can keep an eye on Ji Hyun?” Sehun suggested.

            “I am not going to work at Mrs. Xi’s bridal store, but it would be nice to see all those wedding dresses and who knows maybe I can model for some of the dresses.” Jessica smiled at the thought of her wearing big white ball gown wedding dresses. “I’ll do it!”

            “You don’t exactly have the job, you have to ask my mom first,” Luhan reminded.

            Jessica’s happiness faded into disappointment. “But I don’t want to talk to your mom, she’s scary.”

            “Fine, I guess I can go with you to the bridal shop and ask my mom for you,” Luhan said.

            “More like because you want to see Ji Hyun,” Lay muttered.

           

            Ji Hyun woke up before Chanyeol did, but couldn’t wait for him to wake up, since she didn’t want to be late on her first day of work. She decided to take the bus to work and she would leave Chanyeol her car. She left a note telling Chanyeol all the things he would need to get through the day, instructions to their parent’s house, and to the bridal shop if she needed anything.

            When Ji Hyun walked in the bridal store, already there were bustling brides ordering their consultant around for a dress. Ji Hyun felt a little scared of what kind of clients she would have to deal with, hoping that she wouldn’t get any of the horrid y ones that yelled at everyone under stress trying to make their wedding day perfect.

            “Ji Hyun!” Mrs. Xi hugged Ji Hyun the second she saw her, almost in too nice of a manor, where Ji Hyun wasn’t sure if it was fake or not.

            “Hi Mrs. Xi, um… What do you want me to do first?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Oh, since it’s your first day you’ll just be rearranging some of the dresses in the back and then the more you work here the more you’ll probably be helping brides pick their dress. I’m not really picky on my bridal consultants,” Mrs. Xi explained.

            “Okay, that’s fine with me.”

            “Or if you like, you can just work in the front doing some paperwork,” Mrs. Xi suggested. “Why don’t you do that?” Mrs. Xi pointed to the desk with all the registers and where people made appointments. “If you have any questions just ask me.”

            “Okay.” Ji Hyun, had this strange feeling that Mrs. Xi didn’t like her or maybe Mrs. Xi was just an awkward person in general. Ji Hyun just did was she was told working on paperwork, which was just making sure each bride purchased and ordered the right dress. The front door of the bridal store opened with Jessica happily skipping in. She looked around for Ji Hyun and waved when she saw her.

            “Ji Hyun!” Jessica ran over to Ji Hyun. “I brought you coffee.”

            “But you don’t even know what I like,” Ji Hyun said.

            “From the big stain on Luhan’s sweater and the horrid stench that just won’t go away I know you like a Vanille Latte with extra sugar,” Jessica replied handing Ji Hyun the cup.

            “To the prettiest girl I’ve seen,” Ji Hyun read from the cup.

            “Oh yeah, that was for me, but don’t tell Kris! He’ll get extremely jealous even though I don’t even like the guy who wrote that,” Jessica said. “I’m pretty sure Luhan would say that to you too, if he ever has the courage too. He’s more of a writer type person than saying it.”

            “Oh, um… Did you need something?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Well, actually Luhan is here too, but he went to go park the car,” Jessica informed. “I’m going to apply for a job here.”

            “That’ll be nice to have someone I know work with me,” Ji Hyun said relieved.

            “Yeah, well you know I love wedding dresses and getting bossed around by Luhan’s mom,” Jessica said sarcastically. The door to the bridal store opened again, Jessica turned to see if it was Luhan, but it was actually Reira. “Damn it…”

            “What?” Ji Hyun said confused.

            “Nothing!” Jessica said trying to conceal how panicked she was starting to get.

            “Janessa right?” Reira said to Jessica.

            “Jessica,” Jessica corrected. “My name is Jessica.”

            Reira just smirked. “Well, do you know where Mrs. Xi is, I need to talk to her about the wedding plans.”

            “You’re getting married?” Ji Hyun said. “Congratulations.”

            “Not really,” Jessica mumbled.

            “Yes, I am to the most wonderful man in the world,” Reira swooned just thinking about Luhan.

            “What’s his name?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “His name is Lu-“

            “Lay!” Jessica shouted. “Lulay!”

            Reira looked at Jessica like she was psychotic. “Yeah… Anyways.” Reira turned her attention to Ji Hyun. “You look like you work here, why don’t you fetch Mrs. Xi for me?”

            “Okay, I guess I’ll go get her,” Ji Hyun said awkwardly, quickly Ji Hyun ran to the back to get Mrs. Xi.

            Reira just smiled at Jessica almost to the point where it looked like if her smile got any bigger her face would rip apart. When the bridal store door opened, Reira was now on her phone texting, Jessica’s eyes nearly popped out when she saw Luhan. Luhan almost walked up to Jessica, when she shook her head mouthing “Reira”, pointing at Reira.

 Luhan gasped. “What should I do?” He mouthed.

Jessica shrugged flailing her hands telling him to hide. Luhan, hid behind a plant waiting for Reira to leave. When Reira looked back up from her phone Jessica just smiled.

“You know Janessa, I think when Luhan and I get married you could be my maid of honor. I don’t really have a lot of friends,” Reira told Jessica.

“I wonder why?” Jessica mumbled.

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“For the record, once Luhan and I get married, you and Luhan’s other so called friends can say goodbye to him because he’ll be mine.”

Jessica couldn’t help but laugh. “I don’t know if it ever occurred to you, but Luhan doesn’t like you. Is your name even really Ji Hyun?”

“No need to be jealous Janessa, you could just admit you like Luhan,” Reira said. “Why does it matter what my real name is or not?”

“First of all, I have a boyfriend and second, I would never be jealous of you. Another thing, I would never be your maid of honor because you and I? We’re not friends,” Jessica stated. “Also, I think you’re hiding something.”

“Like I care what you think Janessa,” Reira snapped.

“It’s Jessi-“

“Reira!” Mrs. Xi squealed as they both hugged each other. Jessica, noticed that Ji Hyun wasn’t with her anymore. When Mrs. Xi saw Jessica, her smile went away. “Jessica, what are you doing here?”

“I am here to apply for a job,” Jessica replied.

“Oh, well, we can talk about that later, if you excuse us, me and Reira have to talk about the wedding,” Mrs. Xi said, basically telling Jessica to get lost.

            “I guess, I’ll just sit down and wait for whenever you’re done.” Jessica took a seat and started looking through bridal magazines.

            Luhan crept his way out of the plant, keeping his eyes on Mrs. Xi and Reira, when he felt something touch his shoulder. He turned and saw Ji Hyun standing right next to him.

            “Why were you standing in a plant?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “I was… Hiding from my mom,” Luhan replied.

            “Well, I guess you’re okay for a couple minutes because she’s talking to that one girl. I don’t even know her name.”

            “Trust me you don’t want to know her name,” Luhan muttered.

            “What?”

            “Nothing, I just also wanted to tell you that I had a good time last night and I’m still determined to know what you wished for,” Luhan said quickly.

            “Well, you won’t know what I wish for, but I will give you a hint,” Ji Hyun admitted.

            “Okay, what?”

            “Hopefully you’ll be the one to grant it.” Ji Hyun smiled at Luhan, just his confused childlike face made her smile.

            “Well, is your wish that you wish I’ll take you on a second date?” Luhan guessed.

            “No I didn’t wish for that, but if that is asking me on a second date, than yes I do accept.”

            “That’s great, um… I don’t really know what can be better than ice skating. We can do whatever you want this time,” Luhan suggested.

            “I don’t know, but when I think of something I’ll tell you, okay?” Ji Hyun replied. “I should probably get back to work, but you should probably go look for Jessica.”

            “Right, right, Jessica, I almost forgot about her.” Luhan looked and saw that Reira was now gone and Jessica was still sitting on chair flipping through magazines. The door opened, with Chanyeol walking in.

            Ji Hyun ran over to Chanyeol. “Chanyeol, what are you doing here? Did you get hurt? Is the apartment okay?  You didn’t set it on fire did you?”

            “No, I just wanted to tell you that I was going to go over Ji In and Han Kang’s house to go play with Ha Joon,” Chanyeol told his older sister.

            Luhan was about to walk over to his mother, when he saw Ji Hyun talking to Chanyeol. “Who is that guy?”

            “Why can’t you just call them mom and dad?” Ji Hyun asked Chanyeol annoyed. “They’re your parents too.”

            “Well, I actually wanted to talk to you about that,” Chanyeol said.

            “What?”

            “Ji Hyun-“

            “Hey Ji Hyun,” Luhan said interrupting Chanyeol.

            “Hi Luhan, did you need something?” Ji Hyun asked nicely.

            “Uh, no, I just wanted to know who this was,” Luhan looked at Chanyeol noticing how tall he was.

            “This is my brother, Chanyeol. Chanyeol this is Luhan,” Ji Hyun introduced them both.

            “You and Ji Hyun don’t look like siblings,” Luhan said examining Chanyeol and Ji Hyun. “You two look completely different.”

            “My mom says it’s because Chanyeol looks like my dad’s side of the family,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Luhan?” Mrs. Xi walked over to three. She looked at Chanyeol for a moment. “Who’s this?”

            “Oh, uh… Mrs. Xi this is my brother, Chanyeol, he was in America and he’s here to visit,” Ji Hyun said.

            “Nice to meet you,” Mrs. Xi said in almost a whisper.

            “You too. Well Ji Hyun, I guess I’ll be leaving to go play with Ha Joon,” Chanyeol said.

            “You’re going to your parent’s house?” Mrs. Xi asked Chanyeol.

            “Yeah, if you can call them my parents,” Chanyeol muttered.

            “Well, Chanyeol was just leaving, so bye Chanyeol, I’ll see you later,” Ji Hyun grabbed Chanyeol’s arm leading him to the door. “Please, just when your there, can you try to get along with mom and dad?”

            “No promises,” Chanyeol replied. “Bye Ji Hyun.”

            Ji Hyun watched Chanyeol leave, having a gut feeling that when she’d see Chanyeol again tonight, he wouldn’t want to talk about his trip there. Ji Hyun turned back to Luhan and Mrs. Xi, who were just staring at Ji Hyun now.

            “I guess I should get back to work,” Ji Hyun said as she made her way to the desk.

            “Actually Ji Hyun, can you go to the back to check for inventory on some of the shoes?” Mrs. Xi asked.

            “Sure.” Ji Hyun made her way to the back. Jessica was still sitting down on the chair waiting for Luhan to finish whatever he was doing.

            “Please tell me you’re not friends with Ji Hyun and Chanyeol,” Mrs. Xi said to Luhan.     

            “Why? What’s wrong with being friends with Ji Hyun? She’s a nice person,” Luhan asked.

            “Because, her family is… Her family is a terrible family,” Mrs. Xi muttered.

            “If her family is so terrible, how come you offered her a job?” Luhan questioned.

            “Why are you defending her?” Mrs. Xi asked.

            “Why do you hate her family? You don’t even know Ji Hyun.”

            “Luhan, do you like Ji Hyun? I mean do you… Do you have feelings for her?”

            “Why does it matter to you? Don’t you want me to marry Reira?” Luhan said coldly.

            “I do want you to marry Reira and you are marrying Reira.”

            “Mom, I don’t want to marry Reira!” Luhan shouted. Everyone in the store looked at Mrs. Xi and Luhan, Jessica looked up from her magazine. Luhan was thankful that Ji Hyun was in the back so she couldn’t hear any of this.

            Mrs. Xi glared at her son at the public scene they were making. “You will marry Reira and if I see you talking to Ji Hyun or Chanyeol or anyone from that family, you will be sorry. I have done everything for you, I gave you your career.”

            “Well, that’s too bad, because I teach Ha Joon piano and if you haven’t noticed; I have no career at the moment,” Luhan said. Luhan gave Jessica a look telling her that it was time to go. 

A/N: Since school is starting for me on Monday, updates will be kind of slow, but I'll try to update every Friday night or Saturday. So, please be patient!