Reira and...?

Only You

 

After that awkward ice cream trip with Ji Hyun, that was the only time Luhan actually talked let alone saw Ji Hyun. The week after that trip, Ha Joon’s mother was bringing him to his lessons instead. Which didn’t exactly bother Luhan, since whenever Ji Hyun did drop off Ha Joon she would leave to do her own thing. Today after Ha Joon’s lessons, Luhan was at home looking through his boxes that were sent from his home in Beijing. Jessica, Kris, Sehun, Lay, and Kai were helping him look through his boxes to see if there was anything he didn’t need.

            “Are you permanently moving to Seoul?” Jessica asked Luhan as she grabbed books out from the box.

            “I was thinking about it,” Luhan replied.

            “Why? What happened to going back on tour?” Kai asked.

            “That’s why I said I was thinking about it.”

            “Was there any other reasons for you thinking about staying? Like a girl maybe?” Lay wondered.

            “No, why would you guys think that?” Luhan picked up one of the boxes and opened one. In it were just pictures of when he was a kid.

            Jessica noticed on the side there was a stuffed animal crammed by the books. “What’s this?” She picked up the bear that was slightly dusty and the white stripes on the red and white scarf was slightly brown. “Xi Luhan owns a stuff animal?”

            Luhan looked at the bear and quickly snatched it from Jessica. “Where did you find this?”

            “In this box with all these boring history books,” Jessica replied. “Is that bear important to you?”

            “Yeah, I used to bring this with me whenever I preformed… It was kind of my good luck charm,” Luhan told them. He couldn’t remember the last time he brought it with him to his performances.

            “Why did you bring a stuff animal as your good luck charm?” Kris wondered.

            “One of my childhood friends gave it to me.”

            “A special childhood friend perhaps?” Kris curiously asked.

            “No, just a childhood friend,” Luhan stated.

            Ji Hyun didn’t feel nervous, because in a way she didn’t have a reason to feel nervous. She was just picking up the so called guy that her mother wanted her to meet from the airport. As she was waiting, she felt awkward, when she asked her mother how she would know it’s him if she didn’t know what he looked like. All her mother told her was that he would find her and she would know.

            “What if he’s a nice guy?” Ji Hyun asked herself out loud. “Or what if he’s an egotistical jerk?”

            “Egotistical jerk?”

            Ji Hyun’s nerves kicked in and her heart was beating out her chest. She quickly turned around and saw her best friend. “Baekhyun!” She jumped into his arms nearly making him fall over.

            “I can’t believe you’re here, I haven’t seen you like 7 years! What are you doing here?” Ji Hyun asked excited.

            “I guess you can say I’m supposedly the doctor your parents wanted you to meet,” Baekhyun informed.

            “What? That’s crazy! I’m… I’m so happy to see you!” Ji Hyun hugged Baekhyun again. “If I knew it was you, I wouldn’t have been so nervous.”

            “Well, either way I would have been nervous to see you.” Baekhyun smiled at Ji Hyun.

            “We should go get something to eat, you’re probably starving,” Ji Hyun suggested as her and Baekhyun made their way through the airport.

            Luhan and Ji Hyun were walking through the shopping district, even though they were only ten, they already knew half of Beijing. Ji Hyun wanted ice cream, but since Luhan was out of ice cream and Ji Hyun herself didn’t have ice cream they decided to go to the shopping district to buy some. Luhan was holding Ji Hyun’s hand so they didn’t get lost.

            “I wonder what kind of ice cream we should get. Hm… When I went Japan with my mommy and daddy they got me something called mochi. I think you would like it Ji Hyun.” Luhan kept rambling he was oblivious to Ji Hyun not even listening to him or the fact that he wasn’t even holding her hand anymore. “Ji Hyun?” He turned around and saw her staring at something. He walked over and noticed it was a crane machine.

            “Oppa, I want that.” Ji Hyun pointed at a little mini sized angel doll that was small enough to fit into their palms.

            “We can get it after we get ice cream,” Luhan suggested.

            “No! Oppa, what if it’s gone by then?”

            “I’m pretty sure it won’t be gone by then? It’ll probably still be here by the time we get back.”

            “But… Lulu…” Ji Hyun had tears welling up in her eyes and the only time she used Luhan’s nickname was when she was sad.

            Luhan sighed with defeat. “Okay, I’ll try getting it for you, but if I don’t get it don’t be upset, promise?”

            “I promise!” Ji Hyun watched as Luhan put in a dollar giving him to tries. He held the stick to coordinate where to go.

            “Got it!” Luhan pressed the button for the crane to go down. It got a hold of the angel’s halo, but it dropped when it was lifting it. Him and Ji Hyun both sighed as Luhan tried again. When his second attempt failed, Luhan just gave up. “Sorry Ji Hyun.”

            “Oppa!” Ji Hyun wailed. “Can’t you try again?”

            “Fine,” Luhan mumbled as he put another dollar.

            Already, Luhan spent eight dollars trying to get the angel and all those attempts he failed. He only had dollar left and he used the first try failing. He knew if he didn’t get it this very last time, Ji Hyun would probably he so upset she would run off. Luhan took a deep breath and closed his eyes concentration. He moved the crane adjusting it to the slightest bit and finally dropped the crane. It got a hold of the angel’s full body and lifted itself. Ji Hyun watched in amazement and hope in her eyes that it wouldn’t fall. Finally, when the crane dropped the angel in the prize box, Ji Hyun jumped with joy and grabbed for the angel.

            “Thank you oppa!” Ji Hyun jumped on Luhan, making them fall over.

            “No problem Ji Hyun,” Luhan groaned rubbing his head from the fall.

           

            “So how long do you plan on staying here?” Ji Hyun asked Baekhyun as they finished eating.

            Baekhyun wiped his mouth with a napkin. “Hm… Not sure, I have a couple of unfinished business to deal with.”

            “What kind of unfinished business?”

            “It’s a secret,” Baekhyun whispered as if it really was a secret.

            Ji Hyun just laughed. “Okay, whatever you say.”

            “I uh… Actually, I wanted to see you,” Baekhyun admitted. “I missed you.”

            “I missed you too oppa,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “How have you been Ji Hyun? Do you have a boyfriend or anything?” Baekhyun asked.

            Ji Hyun shook her head. “Nope, I’m guessing you don’t have a girlfriend.”

            “Ouch,” Baekhyun held his chest like he was actually hurt by Ji Hyun’s comment. “But no, I don’t have a girlfriend, so lucky you right?”

            “Lucky me?” Ji Hyun rolled her eyes. “You still haven’t changed, but that’s a good thing.”

            Luhan and the others were almost done looking through the boxes. They all found interesting things, but all Luhan thought about was the teddy bear. He was holding it in his hands looking at how old and dirty it looked. His thoughts were interrupted by the ring of the doorbell.

            “I’ll get it,” Luhan put the bear on the couch and opened the door.

            “OPPA!!!” A girl jumped on Luhan, her arms around his neck. Luhan and everyone else just had a confused look on their faces. Luhan didn’t even have his arms around her; he just had them out open. He saw his mother smiling proudly at the sight. When the girl finally let go of Luhan she had a big smile on her face.

            “Hi… Uh…” Luhan didn’t know her, but he could already guess who she was.

            “Reira,” she finished.

            “Yeah…” Luhan muttered. “I thought you weren’t coming for another couple weeks?”

            “I know, but I was so excited to see you again, I wanted to come a little early,” Reira squealed.

            “Mom, uh… and Reira, you two shouldn’t have come…” Luhan said awkwardly.

            “Why not?” Luhan’s  mother said upset.

            “Cause my friends and I are cleaning,” Luhan replied.

            “Hi Mrs. Xi,” Kris, Lay, Sehun, Kai, and Jessica greeted in unison.

            Luhan’s mother forced a smile at her son’s friends and turned her attention back to Luhan. “Well, Reira is staying here, so you better hurry up.”

            “What? No, mom, Reira can’t stay here,” Luhan blurted out.

            “Why not?” Mrs. Xi asked.

            “Because… Because…” I don’t want her too! “Because it’s messy.”

            Mrs. Xi examined the living room and noticed how it was filled with boxes and piles of things she thought were worthless. “Fine, I guess Reira will just stay at the hotel while you clean up, when you finish cleaning up she’ll come stay with you.”

            “Which will be never,” Sehun muttered under his breath. Lay nudged him in the rib and Jessica glared at him. Though they both wanted to say the same thing they didn’t want to say it in front of Mrs. Xi and Reira.

            “Well, Reira we should probably go since it’s getting late,” Mrs. Xi suggested.

            “Okay,” Reira was still smiling at Luhan. “See you tomorrow oppa.”

            “Bye.” Luhan just waved by and when they left he couldn’t be happier. He looked at his friends who just continued what they were doing as if the last 10 minutes didn’t happen.

            Sehun saw the distress in Luhan’s face. “What are you going to do?”

            “What do you mean?” Luhan asked.

            “Are you going to really let her move in with you?” Jessica asked.

            “Are you really going to marry her?” Kai added.

            Luhan just collapsed on a chair. “I don’t know.” He buried his face in his hands, when he looked up and saw the teddy bear still on the couch.