Chapter 2: Ha Joon's first lesson

Only You

 

Luhan groaned when he heard someone knocking at his door at 7 AM. He ignored it at first thinking that the person would go away, but after fifteen minutes of knocking, Luhan lazily walked to his door and opened it. He rubbed his eyes to get a better vision of the person who has been knocking on his door. Of course, it was Kris and Sehun looking as alive as ever. Kris softly pushed me to the side and walked in.

            “Come in?” Luhan mumbled as he closed the door and yawned. “Why are you here? At 7 AM?” It surprised him, since Kris was always the one who would sleep in.

            “We didn’t want you to be late for your first piano lesson! Think about it, what if one of your students have a sister than maybe you can-” Kris started.

            “No, I’m not going on a date with anyone, especially one of my students’ sister,” Luhan interrupted. “I didn’t come back to Seoul to teach little kids piano or to date anyone. I came back for a little vacation.”

            “Luhan, the stupid newspaper article talked how you might need a girlfriend to make you seem happier, so why not get one in Seoul?” Sehun said happily clapping his hands.

            “Whatever happened to ignoring the bad comments and moving on?” Luhan muttered.

            “If you’re supposed to be ignoring the bad comments, then why are you back in Seoul and not on your tour?” Kris pointed out.

            “Get dressed so we can get some breakfast your first lesson starts at twelve,” Sehun commanded. Luhan went back upstairs so he could get ready, though he really wanted to go back to sleep.

           

Ji Hyun was pretty confident after taking her test. During her test, her mother called her three times, leaving her a voice mail reminding Ji Hyun that Ha Joon’s first piano lesson was at 12. Ji Hyun was happy for her mother for finally getting one of her children to learn piano, but the fact that her mother was cramming it down Ha Joon’s throat. For all anyone knew, Ha Joon probably didn’t want to learn piano. Ji Hyun parked her car in front of her parent’s house and waited for Ha Joon to come out.

When Ha Joon walked out with their mother, he had a big smile on his face. “HI NOONA!” He hopped into the back seat and was smiling proudly like he was already a child prodigy.

“Here are the directions to his lessons, his lessons are an hour, so you can either watch him or just go out and do whatever you need,” their mother instructed as she handed Ji Hyun a paper of the directions.

“Who’s Ha Joon’s teacher?” Ji Hyun asked.

“I don’t know, but I heard he’s supposed to be amazing, I don’t even know his name,” their mother admitted.

“How did you even know about his lessons?” Ji Hyun questioned.

“Your father set it up. Just hurry up before you two are late,” Ji Hyun’s mother beckoned. “Have fun Ha Joon, okay?”

“Okay Momma,” Ha Joon replied.

Ji Hyun realized that Ha Joon’s piano lessons were at her old preforming arts school she went to when she was ten. The drive there was pretty much quiet since Ha Joon was just humming those little kid songs he learned at school.

“Okay Ha Joon we’re here.” Ji Hyun parked the car and opened the door for Ha Joon. He hopped out of the car and grabbed Ji Hyun’s hand. “Come on Noona, let’s go!”

Ji Hyun just followed Ha Joon as he walked up the stairs like he knew where he was going. Ji Hyun looked at the paper and realized Ha Joon was going the right way; Ha Joon’s lessons were in the auditorium. She opened the door and saw the huge stage with the big grand piano. There, she saw a man that looked around her age sitting in front of the piano. He was pressing the keys with his pointer finger when he noticed they were there.

Luhan looked up from the keys and saw Ji Hyun and Ha Joon standing there. “Are you here for the piano lesson?”

“Yes.” Ji Hyun and Ha Joon both walked up on stage. She brought out her hand so Luhan could shake it. “I’m Hwan Ji Hyun.”

“Ji Hyun?” Luhan just looked at her hand like it was invested with a disease. “Hi, I’m Xi Luhan.”

“Xi Luhan? The famous pianist?” Ji Hyun said amazed.

“Yes, is this your son?” Luhan looked down at Ha Joon who was just swaying his arms and blowing up his cheeks.

“No! This is my little brother, Ha Joon, you’ll be teaching him,” Ji Hyun replied.

“Oh…Okay, um… Ha Joon just sit on the chair next to the piano and I’ll be there in a second,” Luhan instructed.

Ha Joon looked up at Ji Hyun. “Noona, are you going to stay here and watch me?”

“I don’t want to be a bother, so I’ll just do something else?” Ji Hyun informed. “I’ll see you later okay?”

“Okay.” Ha Joon took his seat on the chair as instructed.

Luhan examined Ji Hyun for a moment looking at her face. “Have I met you before?”

“No, I don’t think so?” Ji Hyun replied. “Well, I have to go do something, so I’ll be back to pick up Ha Joon.” Ji Hyun made her way down the steps, as she was walking down the aisle, Jessica, Kris, Sehun, Kai, and Lay walked in. Jessica kept the door open for Ji Hyun and she couldn’t help but stare at Ji Hyun for a moment.

The moment Luhan saw his friends he rubbed his temples. “Why did they have to come?”

“Hi Luhan!” Jessica greeted. “Who was that that just walked out the door?”

“That was… Ugh…”

“Ji Hyun, that’s my Noona,” Ha Joon piped up proudly.

Jessica gasped at the sight of Ha Joon and started pinching his cheeks. “You are SO CUTE!!!”

“Jessica stop!” Luhan grabbed Jessica hand’s from Ha Joon’s face. “Sorry about that.”

“It’s okay Luhan Hyung,” Ha Joon replied rubbing his cheeks.

Jessica gasped again about to grab Ha Joon’s cheeks again, when Kris grabbed her. “Stop.”

“What are you doing here?” Luhan questioned. “I’m trying to teach.”

“We wanted to make sure you didn’t at teaching little kids,” Kai said bluntly. “Plus, we wanted to see you actually teach.”

“And we wanted to see if any of the students had any hot sisters,” Sehun added.

“I think we actually found one,” Kai whispered to Sehun referring to Ji Hyun.

“Hyung are you going to teach me piano now before Noona comes back?” Ha Joon asked.

“Yes, I will.” Luhan looked at his friends and pointed to the end of the piano. “Go stand over there and don’t disturb me.”

“Fine, pushy,” Jessica mumbled under her breath as she followed Kris and the others.

“Now, what was your name again?” Luhan asked Ha Joon.

“Ha Joon, Hyung.”

“Right, Ha Joon, can you play Beethoven’s Symphony in C minor?”

Ha Joon had a confused look on his face making Luhan seem like he was speaking in a different language. The minute Luhan’s friends heard that, they all slapped their forehead at the same time. Lay snapped his fingers and walked over to Ha Joon and Luhan.

“Ha Joon? Do you want to learn Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?” Lay asked Ha Joon.

“YES!” Ha Joon shouted.

Luhan glared at Lay, but all Lay did was shrug. “He’s a kid, not some nut job prodigy,” Lay said to Luhan.

“Fine, we’ll start out simple.” Luhan sat down beside Ha Joon and started teaching him the notes.

Before Ji Hyun knew it, it was already time to pick up Ha Joon. She parked her car and found her way back to the auditorium. When she opened the door, she saw Ha Joon talking to Luhan. Ji Hyun noticed a little girl and her mother standing by the stage, waiting for Luhan to finish with Ha Joon.

Ha Joon noticed his sister and waved at her. “HI NOONA!!!!” Jessica, Kris, Sehun, Lay, and Kai turned their attention towards Ji Hyun as she walked up the stage to Ha Joon.

“Did you have fun Ha Joon?” Ji Hyun asked.

“Yes, Luhan Hyung taught me how to play a little bit Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,” Ha Joon replied proudly.

“Was Ha Joon any trouble?” Ji Hyun asked Luhan.

Luhan shook his head. “No, Ha Joon’s a good student.”

“That’s good, so I guess I’ll drop him off next week?”

“Actually his next lesson is Friday, so yeah,” Luhan corrected. “What’s your name again?”

“Ji Hyun and I guess we’ll see you later.” Ji Hyun placed her hand on Ha Joon’s shoulder. “Come on Ha Joon.”

“I really had fun Luhan Hyung,” Ha Joon hugged Luhan, but since he was too short, he was only able to hug his legs.

Luhan didn’t know how to respond so he just petted Ha Joon’s head. “Yeah, me too.”

Ji Hyun and Ha Joon made their way down the stage. Ha Joon waved bye to the others, in which Jessica looked like she was about to cry as Ha Joon and Ji Hyun both left.

            “Ji Hyun? Could it be?” Luhan thought to himself. “Impossible.”

 

“Oppa! Where are you?” A ten year old Ji Hyun held her stuffed bear in her hand as she searched for Luhan in his humongous backyard. “Oppa, I don’t want to play anymore!”

Luhan was hiding behind the tree, snickering at how Ji Hyun literally spent almost an hour looking for him and still couldn’t find him.

“Luhan! If you don’t come out I’m leaving!”

“BOO!” Luhan jumped from behind the tree literally making Ji Hyun jump in terror.

“OPPA!!!” Ji Hyun started to have tears in her eyes. “I hate you!”

“Sorry, Ji Hyun. Don’t cry.” Luhan started to feel guilty about scaring Ji Hyun, he just wanted to have some fun, plus he didn’t think he was going to make her cry. “If you want I’ll get you some ice cream, okay?”

A smile started to appear on Ji Hyun’s face. “O-okay.”

Luhan was getting bowls of ice cream from his kitchen, while Ji Hyun was sitting at the dining table. She was kicking her feet since she was too short for her feet to reach the floor. “I don’t know why you would want ice cream when it’s snowing,” Luhan said as he placed the bowl in front of Ji Hyun.

“It doesn’t matter how cold it is, ice cream is good for anytime!” Ji Hyun exclaimed.

Luhan just sighed as he watched Ji Hyun devour her entire bowl of ice cream in less than five minutes. “Don’t ever change, okay Ji Hyun?”

“You better not either, Oppa!” Ji Hyun said as she spat out tiny drops of ice cream from .

 

A/N: Okay, what do you guys think? I decided to put any flashback into italicized bold, cause when it isn't bold it stil kinda looks like the normal font, which could get confusing. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed and I'll try to update as much as I can.