Ship

Hush EXO Academy

 

Bomi POV

Yesterday was so stressful that it it’s nice to just relax and finish all my homework. Like the nerd I am.

The only problem is, Baekhyun insists on doing his homework with me. So here we are, once again sitting on my bed, doing our homework.

“This is nice.” Baekhyun says softly. I look up from my notebook and see him staring at me.

“You enjoy doing homework?” I half snort, not believing it at all.

“Not the homework, that will always .” I smile and look back down at my notebook. “I mean the gentle breeze coming in through the window, the smell of some type of flower and spending time with you.”

I breath in uncomfortably and try to forget the last part.

“Don’t you have friends to hang out with?” I ask.

“Well, the only friends I have are the five other idiots in this dorm.”

“A popular guy like you doesn’t have friends from class?”

“Not many people want to be friends with the school owner’s son, and those who do, only want the benefits that come from it. Not to mention the girl army that causes jealousy.” I furrow my brows as he talks. “Also, I‘m not the safest person to be around. The kidnappings make sure of that.” He smiles, but I see a darkness in his eyes.

“You’re lucky to have the five. Many don’t even have one. Also, I’m your friend. That makes it six.” I say trying to somehow comfort him… I’m not even sure if he needs to be comforted. All I know is, I sense deep rooted loneliness in his voice. He smiles.

“Yeah, I hit the jackpot with them, but it’s five. You don’t count. I want you to be more than a friend.”

“Girlfriends are still a form of friendship. It’s just more intense.” I chuckle.

“Are you agreeing to be my girlfriend?” He asks with an excited wide smile. I stop smiling and realize only now how what I said sounded.

“That’s not what I… I didn’t mean it like that.” I say in panic. He laughs and lays his head on my lap. Obviously I completely freeze as he re-adjusts to get comfortable.

“Just five minutes.” He mumbles and re-adjusts one last time. I want to move but find it difficult to do. Strangely, I find it comfortable with his head on my lap. Enough to make me smile slightly.

I quickly stop smiling and shake my head. I don’t have room in my situation for romance.

“Yongguk.” I say and he immediately sits up looking horrified. I purse my lips to keep in a laugh. It takes him a few seconds to realize the he wasn’t there.

“I think I just had a heart attack.” He sighs, dropping his head heavily.

 

 

 

We finish our science homework and decide to do math next, only problem. I forgot my textbook in class, great.

“I left my book in class yesterday, I’m going to go get.” I say and head for the door.

“We can just share mine.” He says and waves his. I smile.

“Baekhyun, not trying to be one of those nerdy a-holes but… I’m in AP Calculus.”

“Ah that’s right. You’re the schools genius.” he laughs and stands. “I’ll come with.”

“You don’t have to.”

“I want to.” He smiles widely. His smile really is too gorgeous.

I smile and open the door, deciding to not say anything else.

 

 

 

When we enter the building he instantly holds my hand with an overly happy smile on his face.

“What are you doing?” I ask, shocked by his sudden movement and worried someone will see. “What if someone sees?”

“Trust me, no one comes in these buildings when it’s the weekend.”

“I’m sure someone does, like teachers or students who study a lot.”

“If I see or hear someone, I promise I will let go.”

“Yeah well, I’m still not sure holding my hand is something you should be doing.” I say and try to take it back. It’s not that I really hate the way it feels, it’s just that I’m scared of the way it makes me feel.

“It’s okay.” He laughs and starts dragging me to the room. I think I need to just accept that he is going to display his affection for me whenever he can and whenever he wants. This really makes it harder for me to keep my secret.

We reach the room and he grabs my book for me, never letting go of my hand.

“You’re not going to let go any time soon are you?”

“I’ll never let you go, Bomi.”

Man….

We leave the room and go back down the hall. He has a smug smile on his lips while my ears burn from his comment.

Suddenly he pulls me close, and for whatever reason, pulls us into a closet and closes the door.

“What are you doing?” I ask, completely shocked, and honestly scared.

“Shh! There is someone coming.” He whispers.

“So... why are we in a closet?” I ask. There really is no reason to hide in a closet.

“I don’t know, I just panicked.” He shrugs. I scoff and want to complain some more but I keep my mouth shut when I hear voices.

 

“I heard you went on a speed date.”

Is that Aron? Who is he talking to?

“Yeah, and?”

That’s Suho.

“So, did you give any of those girls your number?”

Jeez, is he trying to hook up with girls his brother meet?

“Does it matter?”

“Yes! It matters!”

He sure sounds serious. Curiosity get’s the best of me and I peep out of one of the slits in the door. Aron has Suho pinned between his arms against the wall.

“Aron, not now.” Suho says with a sigh.

What is this atmosphere?

“I wonder, if I will ever be able to win over my Joonmyeonie’s heart.” Aron says with a very different tone than the ones he uses to flirt with other people. My heart practically pops out of my mouth when Aron takes Suho’s face into his hands and touches their foreheads together. “Is it possible to make my favorite person love me… not as brother, but as a lover?”

What the ? He loves his brother? In… that way? I-?!

“I thought they were brothers.” I whisper in shock to Baekhyun who looked like he was trying his hardest to not overhear their conversation.

“Step brothers. They’re not blood related.” He says.

I don’t know what it is but a feeling just suddenly bursts in me.

“Forbidden love?” I whisper in absolute excitement. I think I finally understand what girls at my old school would always fuss about. And the girls from the group date every time Baekhyun not so subtily hit on me. Ships.

I ship them.

“Oh here we go.” Baekhyun teases but I can’t hear it because now I am full fledge spying.

“I never thought that ert could love!” I scream internally but whisper out loud.

“Here she is fangirling over some boys while I’m trying to ignore that we are in a dark closet together, body against body…” He continues to mumble to himself. I purposely ignore him because that is something I don’t want to be thinking about right now… also because a ship is sailing right before me.

 

“Aron. Not now.” Suho repeats and sighs. “I’m very tired.”

“Then sleep in my arms.”

“Stop.”

“I don’t want to. I don’t ever want to stop loving you.”

Oh my gosh!

“Aron.” Before anymore words can be spoken Aron gently presses his lips to Suho’s and I almost lose it.

“Look at her, about to die via feels. I wonder if she would feel this way if I were to kiss her right now.” Baekhyun continues to talk to himself. Got to ignore him… Got to ignore him.

After a few seconds Aron separates, his face a shade of red. If I’m not mistaken, Suho’s face is slightly red also.

“As always. I will wait for you to fall in love with me, my lovely Joonmyeonie.” Aron says in the sweetest tone I have ever heard. I lose it again when Aron caresses Suho’s face before walking away. Suho sighs and walks in the opposite direction.

I, uncontrollably, hit Baekhyun’s chest a few times and squeal.

“Did you see that kiss?” I whisper loudly.

I always wondered why Aron would listen to Suho whenever he told him to do something. At first I thought it was just because they were brothers but it’s because he loves him. I wonder if Suho feels anything for him.

I stop spazzing and become completely aware of my situation when Baekhyun wraps his arms around my waist and presses our bodies even closer to each other.

“You seem to like how Aron flirted with him.” He says in a deep voice. My nervous levels sky rocket. “Maybe I should try it to.”

“B-Baekhyun.” I say in a nervous laugh and try to push him away.

“Sleep in my arms, Bomi.” He teases and my face immediately goes warm.

“Stop.” I laugh it off again. He quickly grabs my cheeks and my heart jumps and beats like crazy. Is he going to kiss me? I instantly clamp my eyes shut and wait.

Instead of feeling warmth on my lips I am meet with laughter. I open my eyes wide and see him laughing in the dark. I clear my throat and quickly compose myself.

“Man, I really want to kiss you right now.” He says through laughs.

“Stop messing around.” I say with a shakier voice than I wanted.

“I was only half joking. I really wanted to kiss, and still do.” He says.

I clear my throat again.

“I think we can leave the closet now.” I say and open the door. I’m immediately aware of how hot it was in that closet because of the cold air that causes goosebumps on my skin. The goosebumps increase tenfold when he wraps his arms around me and buries his face into my shoulder.

“I will also wait for you to fall in love with me, my lovely Bomi.”

He releases me and once again grabs my hand - leading me out of the building.

My heart is racing, my body is burning and I’m pretty sure my face is as red as a tomato.

In other words… Horrible timing to run into Yongguk.